If you look at it logically it's very clear who did it!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May I politely ask what your source is for the statement that alleges that PR made JBR dress like her, and her subsequent rebellion against this?
Eddie99,
Sure, it was the 1997 April 30 – Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Steve Thomas and Tom Trujillo in Colorado

Lastly, I think its worth noting that if BR had done anything bad, there would be zero, and I mean ZERO criminal liability for him, at that age.
BR was one month and a day from being prosecutable.

Let's say he did it, and admitted it, he would have likley only been forced into various evaluations and psychological treatment.
Least we forget BR was already in therapy at the time of JB death. BR was also seeing a psychiatrist by the age of 4 (if not before) in Atlanta before they moved to Boulder.

It’s madness they were never prosecuted.
the ridiculous ransom note….written in the house….would have taken forever.
why make a completely unnecessary garrot etc…….could easily strangle.
they staged a hot potch of random stuff to try and make it look sadistic and deflect away from them.
I don’t think anyone in the house intended to kill her but someone in that family hit her on the head with something heavy in some sort of rage and by then there was no going back……..

It’s madness they were never prosecuted.
the ridiculous ransom note….written in the house….would have taken forever.
why make a completely unnecessary garrot etc…….could easily strangle.
they staged a hot potch of random stuff to try and make it look sadistic and deflect away from them.
I don’t think anyone in the house intended to kill her but someone in that family hit her on the head with something heavy in some sort of rage and by then there was no going back……..
ElleStevo,
There was a whole lot more rage that was committed on JB that fateful night then being struck on the head.
It really isn’t clear if the head blow came before or after the strangulation, due to small amount of pooling of blood in the head injury. Head wounds usually bleed profusely! Why did it not break skin? It would be nice to think she wasn’t aware of what was being done to her = blunt force trauma. Yet, there is that scream, heard by a neighbor; of a young girl?
She was digitally penetrated enough to leave deposits of what was used and made her bleed. She had many abrasions all over her body. She was strangled.

You are correct about the RN. What kidnapper would not only leave their ransom behind, put the notepad and pen right back where they belonged, take the time to practice the note and then write it in the home without waking anyone?

It seems like now (since no one is above the law) someone should be held accountable. There are those true bills, after all.

Well, except that it was in a very remote storage area. I don't think the first thought if your kid is missing and you find a note and all the yelling doesn't attract her and you have to get the money together is......maybe her dead body is purposely hidden in a remote basement room.

I mean....the cops didn't think to. This was like make work for John from Arndt.
If you found a ransom note that stated your child had been taken, why would you even search the house? The only reason, you knew that she wasn't taken and you 'search' the house to make sure it is difficult to find her until the timing is right. (house full of friends that have killed all forsenics.)

If you found a ransom note that stated your child had been taken, why would you even search the house? The only reason, you knew that she wasn't taken and you 'search' the house to make sure it is difficult to find her until the timing is right. (house full of friends that have killed all forsenics.)
logically after reading the note any normal individual would have looked around the house for the child and also to see if the person who wrote that note is still in the house and/or from where that person may have entered the house to make sure the house is now secure because they have another child in the house with them to protect.

The fact that Jonbenet was in the house all this time and they failed to locate her is crazy. They never looked for her because if they would have they would have found her SHE WAS IN THE HOUSE!!

One of many curious things of the R case is how long it took to discover the body. Everyone was sitting around for the 'ransom' call, which would never come. The killer knew that the call was bogus. But, that person couldn't have known when JB would be found in the WC.

BPD did not find JB. It was John, of course. The person who finds the victim must always rank high as a suspect. Perhaps, JR wanted the scenario over and done, so he could catch a flight out of CO?

logically after reading the note any normal individual would have looked around the house for the child and also to see if the person who wrote that note is still in the house and/or from where that person may have entered the house to make sure the house is now secure because they have another child in the house with them to protect.

The fact that Jonbenet was in the house all this time and they failed to locate her is crazy. They never looked for her because if they would have they would have found her SHE WAS IN THE HOUSE!!
MartinDupuis,
They didn’t protect BR by keeping him close by. He was sent to his room to pretend to be asleep until he was sent to a friends house. With no guilt over his actions (or perhaps not understanding the consequences of said); he gathers up his Nintendo and heads out the door. I am sure this was part of JR plans.

Of coarse the R’s were aware that JB was in the house. They helped coverup the crime (Aiding and abetting)! True bills!

"Few people would put a high priority on searching their house for a missing child if a seemingly-legitimate ransom note was found on the premises. It's interesting that even so Fleet White thought she might be hiding"

I don't agree with you at all.....if I have a ransom note in my house....first thing I will do is to try to find out if that person is still in the house and from where do they entered and if the house is now safe for me and the rest of my family before doing anything else........by checking the whole house they would have found her!
I would believe the note and run outside not knowing if they had just left... I would be desperate for the police to come quickly because the longer they took the farther away the kidnapper could get. I would be annoyed by anyone wasting time searching the house for my child although I would understand that it had to be done when it was explained to me.

Certainly, the parents knew that Burke was in no danger by leaving, even though the RN warned of their being watched by the FF. JR knew that loose lips sink ships.

Which ever R was guilty, they must have been totally devoid of empathy to remain so cool and collected after a night of horror. John was "cordial". Patsy was dressed in Holiday party attire and made up. Burke supposedly slept through out it all. Then, the conspiratorial aspects of the staging is staggering.

If JR did find the body at 11AM, then he is eliminated him from the staging.
I don't agree that eliminates him. I find this to be very odd, personally. If JR found her body at 11AM and he was not involved, why did he then not do anything or say anything? The only way that makes sense is that he must've suspected that either BR or PR were involved, but why would he think that unless he knew something that he has not admitted? That makes no sense to me at all. Plus, that makes him one hell of an actor to find his daughter's dead body and not react. I think a more likely scenario is that during the time that he was unaccounted for he was destroying evidence and / or moving the body to where it was eventually found in the wine cellar room.

Certainly, the parents knew that Burke was in no danger by leaving, even though the RN warned of their being watched by the FF. JR knew that loose lips sink ships.

Which ever R was guilty, they must have been totally devoid of empathy to remain so cool and collected after a night of horror. John was "cordial". Patsy was dressed in Holiday party attire and made up. Burke supposedly slept through out it all. Then, the conspiratorial aspects of the staging is staggering.

Patsy managed to put on makeup while her daughter was kidnapped BEFORE the police arrived. Interesting detail.
Not sure I'd have the energy to get my hair and makeup done if my daughter was kidnapped.
Does anyone else find this a weird detail? as if this happened BEFORE Patsy went to bed that night, she was still dressed up in full makeup and up all night writing the ransom note, and helping stage the scene.

Patsy managed to put on makeup while her daughter was kidnapped BEFORE the police arrived. Interesting detail.
Not sure I'd have the energy to get my hair and makeup done if my daughter was kidnapped.
Does anyone else find this a weird detail? as if this happened BEFORE Patsy went to bed that night, she was still dressed up in full makeup and up all night writing the ransom note, and helping stage the scene.
According to the interview PR gave to police in June of 1998, she said she woke up sometime between 5:30 and 6AM. She walked to the bathroom, did not shower, but put on the clothes she was wearing the night before, brushed her teeth, put on make up and then went downstairs to make coffee, and found the RN on the steps of the spiral staircase. She then ran back upstairs and checked JBR's room and then screamed for JR. Ran back downstairs and then may have run back upstairs to check BR's room. The 911 call was made at 5:52, and the first officer arrived on the scene within 7 minutes.

Given the stated timeframe, it feels like she was probably still wearing her make up from the night before, and would've just touched it up that morning.

According to the interview PR gave to police in June of 1998, she said she woke up sometime between 5:30 and 6AM. She walked to the bathroom, did not shower, but put on the clothes she was wearing the night before, brushed her teeth, put on make up and then went downstairs to make coffee, and found the RN on the steps of the spiral staircase. She then ran back upstairs and checked JBR's room and then screamed for JR. Ran back downstairs and then may have run back upstairs to check BR's room. The 911 call was made at 5:52, and the first officer arrived on the scene within 7 minutes.

Given the stated timeframe, it feels like she was probably still wearing her make up from the night before, and would've just touched it up that morning.

She doesn't strike me as a woman who would skip a shower and apply makeup.

Not a former beauty queen.
Unless her family or friends claim this was common for her or during stressful holidays, skipping removing makeup is usually a major no-no.
I still think Burke knows more.
It was noted by LE that she was fully made up and that her hair was done. I suspect she never went to bed that night, and so just required a touch up. Although in her interview with Boulder PD in April of 1997, she says she took off her makeup, washed her face, etc. before getting into bed that night. When Lou Smit interviewed her after being asked by the Boulder DA to help with the investigation, he questioned her about putting on the same clothes that she wore the night before, and said he thought it was "odd". She responded, "it's early, I do this a lot".

Patsy was fixated on outward appearances. I can maybe buy putting on the same clothes as no one would know except JR, JBR and BR, but the full on make up and hair done in the amount of time between getting up and PD arriving is hard to accept.

It was noted by LE that she was fully made up and that her hair was done. I suspect she never went to bed that night, and so just required a touch up. Although in her interview with Boulder PD in April of 1997, she says she took off her makeup, washed her face, etc. before getting into bed that night. When Lou Smit interviewed her after being asked by the Boulder DA to help with the investigation, he questioned her about putting on the same clothes that she wore the night before, and said he thought it was "odd". She responded, "it's early, I do this a lot".

Patsy was fixated on outward appearances. I can maybe buy putting on the same clothes as no one would know except JR, JBR and BR, but the full on make up and hair done in the amount of time between getting up and PD arriving is hard to accept.

Putting on the same sweater is no big deal, but she woke up at 5 am put on full makeup, and did her hair BEFORE she found the kidnapping note or after, I wonder?

Putting on the same sweater is no big deal, but she woke up at 5 am put on full makeup, and did her hair BEFORE she found the kidnapping note or after, I wonder?
Before she found the note.

She told police she got up between 5:30 and 5:45. Even if it was 5:30, she got dressed, brushed her teeth, did her makeup and hair, started down the stairs, stopped in the laundry room and turned on the light, then went downstairs and found the note, ran back upstairs and looked for JBR in her room, yelled for JR, went back downstairs and at some point back upstairs to look in BR’s room, all before making the 911 call at 5:52. 22 minutes at the most. Police arrived on the scene within 7 minutes and she was all put together.

Before she found the note.

She told police she got up between 5:30 and 5:45. Even if it was 5:30, she got dressed, brushed her teeth, did her makeup and hair, started down the stairs, stopped in the laundry room and turned on the light, then went downstairs and found the note, ran back upstairs and looked for JBR in her room, yelled for JR, went back downstairs and at some point back upstairs to look in BR’s room, all before making the 911 call at 5:52. 22 minutes at the most. Police arrived on the scene within 7 minutes and she was all put together.

ok, I guess it is possible then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back