IL - 4 in custody after man tortured on Facebook Live, Chicago, Jan 2017 *GRAPHIC*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Superintendent eddie johnson needs to step down, jmo

Someone mentioned they could be sentenced up to 30 years for all of the charges they are charged with if convicted. They can be sentenced for aggravated kidnapping for that long and they have way more charges to contend with.

Aggravated Kidnapping 6-30 Years Prison plus an additional 15-25 Years depending on gravity of the crime,

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/illinois-law/illinois-kidnapping-laws.html

Also doesn't a conviction of a hate crime enhance the sentence? Possibly up to 10 years iirc?

I just want to slap the smug looks off those guys faces. :(

It's really sad to see such hatred in such young people, and people who would allow that hatred to destroy their own lives and victimize someone. I wonder if the victims disability will rise to the level of being an aggravating factor on the kidnapping. I looked up that charge and it looks like kidnapping carries a 6-30 year sentence, with an aggravating factor 15-25 additional years. By my math that puts that charge alone at 21-55 years. I wonder what priors each person has.

It's really sad to see such hatred in such young people, and people who would allow that hatred to destroy their own lives and victimize someone. I wonder if the victims disability will rise to the level of being an aggravating factor on the kidnapping. I looked up that charge and it looks like kidnapping carries a 6-30 year sentence, with an aggravating factor 15-25 additional years. By my math that puts that charge alone at 21-55 years. I wonder what priors each person has.

I wonder what level of disability the victim has, too. When he was finally released, he walked away from the house and was able to lead LE to the house. So it seems he was functioning fairly well. Maybe autism?

The daily mail has several photos where the victim's face isn't blurred out - he's a very handsome young man. I'm not sure "disability" played any part at all in the motive.

I do not know what assistance their is for victims of crime but this young man and his family are going to need a lot of help over the years. As sick as it is I am thankful these criminals posted video because it is evidence and may be enough so that the victim does not have to testify.

I do not know what assistance their is for victims of crime but this young man and his family are going to need a lot of help over the years. As sick as it is I am thankful these criminals posted video because it is evidence and may be enough so that the victim does not have to testify.

That is a really good point. I was worried about him having to testify and I think you are right--he won't have to testify at all.

The daily mail has several photos where the victim's face isn't blurred out - he's a very handsome young man. I'm not sure "disability" played any part at all in the motive.

I got the feeling it made it easier for them to do these things to him...torment him and control him..he never fought back. Seemed submissive even to them...possibly due to his disability . I don't mean that he wanted it to happen...but possibly feeling that he was part of the group in the beginning....then easily dominated but the four giving them a sense of control and power.

I wonder what level of disability the victim has, too. When he was finally released, he walked away from the house and was able to lead LE to the house. So it seems he was functioning fairly well. Maybe autism?

I read somewhere that he was autistic, but it wasn't a great source so take it with a grain of salt.

4 Charged after beating was streamed live on Facebook - all four charged with hate crime!

Press Conference ongoing now.

this will get plea bargained down considerably, if they (the defendants and their lawyers) are smart. hopefully it still results in jail time for all, at least several years seems right.

no reports of any calls to police from anyone that was watching the video live. sad.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/hate-cr...inst-4-in-facebook-live-torture-case/1687517/

The victim, who is from northwest suburban Crystal Lake, was reported missing from nearby Streamwood by his parents on Monday. Police said they had not heard from him since Saturday, when they dropped him off at the McDonald's near Schaumburg and Barrington roads.

A manager told ABC7 Eyewitness News the young man often came to the restaurant to eat and would hang out until it was time for closing.

the only thing missing from the press conference was the police chief explaining his initial comments minimizing the incident, but after hearing everything i can somewhat understand it - but he went way overboard and should have reserved comment until more facts were known.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower
Back