IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox is in a tough position currently too.

Between a rock and a hard place. They cannot possibly fire Jussie right now. Huge potential blowback from LGBT and political activist community,, etc.

However, if this turns bad for Jussie, and he is in legal jeopardy, then it is a bad look for Fox too.

Fox is in a tough position right now too.

Between a rock and a hard place. They cannot possibly fire Jussie right now. Huge potential blowback from LGBT and political activist community,, etc.

However, if this turns and for Jussie, and he is in legal jeopardy, then it is a bad look for Fox too.
I think they played this right by coming out and offering him a full throated defense.

Even though I don’t believe the account, I admire the move.

They’ll wait and see how this develops, and if it becomes apparent that he has committed a crime, they will have cause to drop him.

That’s incredibly incriminating.

I didn’t understand the full context of that letter, until I read that Tribune article you linked.

This appears to have been in the works for a while.

In what alternate universe does one think that this is somehow a believable scenario?

This is a really bad movie written by someone who doesn’t know how real life works.

Honey, all we need is a drum.

Uh-oh

39m39 minutes ago
  1. #JussieSmollett UPDATE: ABC News has confirmed #Chicago police are "eager to speak to Jussie Smollett again urgently.” Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi would not comment on whether Smollett is still being considered a "victim" in the investigation. @ABC7Chicago

7 replies43 retweets40 likes
Mark Rivera ABC7‏ @MarkRiveraABC7
Guglielmi added: “We have been in touch with Smollett’s attorneys. We contacted his attorneys last night after interrogation for a meeting. We made our intentions clear.” #JussieSmollet @ABC7Chicago

Uh-oh

39m39 minutes ago
  1. #JussieSmollett UPDATE: ABC News has confirmed #Chicago police are "eager to speak to Jussie Smollett again urgently.” Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi would not comment on whether Smollett is still being considered a "victim" in the investigation. @ABC7Chicago

7 replies43 retweets40 likes
Mark Rivera ABC7‏ @MarkRiveraABC7
Guglielmi added: “We have been in touch with Smollett’s attorneys. We contacted his attorneys last night after interrogation for a meeting. We made our intentions clear.” #JussieSmollet @ABC7Chicago
That’s quite the change from the previous statement that JS was still being treated as a victim.

“No comment,” sometimes tells us more than a comment.

That’s incredibly incriminating.

I didn’t understand the full context of that letter, until I read that Tribune article you linked.

This appears to have been in the works for a while.

In what alternate universe does one think that this is somehow a believable scenario?

This is a really bad movie written by someone who doesn’t know how real life works.

I think the originator of that letter expected it to get a LOT more national attention than it did......since it didn't, the game was upped.

I think the originator of that letter expected it to get a LOT more national attention than it did......since it didn't, the game was upped.
Yeah, I agree with you on that.

A racist letter with white powder, could be expected to generate a level of attention.

It didn’t.

As someone noted above, we may soon find out that the victim has already checked himself into a mental health clinic or treatment center, and had to postpone his chat with the detectives.
That’s the standard play. I’d actually be surprised if that didn’t happen.

Robin Roberts is like a human lie detector. If you watch the interview you can tell she smells something funny about his actions and mannerisms. The last time something like this happened was when Steve Harvey announced the wrong Miss Universe. The next week he had a game show premier and the following week a talk show. Prior to the Miss Universe it was "Steve who?' It's called using the news media to be relevant.

JMO

Need more info for this. Every time I click on a Trib story it blocks me out for not having a subscription!
Just between you and I, websites use "cookies" to identify you and track how often you visit their website. In the case of some newspapers, they allow you a certain number of free articles and then they would like you to subscribe/pay for access.
If you either visit their website with the "private window" feature on your browser, or use your browsers feature "erase history" to erase your cookies you might have more success.

Robin Roberts is like a human lie detector. If you watch the interview you can tell she smells something funny about his actions and mannerisms. The last time something like this happened was when Steve Harvey announced the wrong Miss Universe. The next week he had a game show premier and the following week a talk show. Prior to the Miss Universe it was "Steve who?' It's called using the news media to be relevant.

JMO

I adore Robin. I could tell in the reporting days before the interview she didn't believe him, and during the interview she also didn't believe him. As a homosexual black woman she had to be pissed she was given the task of interviewing him! (Or maybe she wanted to, hoping he'd expose himself for what he is.)

Just between you and I, websites use "cookies" to identify you and track how often you visit their website. In the case of some newspapers, they allow you a certain number of free articles and then they would like you to subscribe/pay for access.
If you either visit their website with the "private window" feature on your browser, or use your browsers feature "erase history" to erase your cookies you might have more success.

Also, often if you are looking at articles on your phone and keep your finger on the screen the entire time you're reading (don't lift it while you scroll) you can still keep reading.....works for my two local newspapers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran