IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporters are really working their sources tonight and their leaking like si sives!

Wish they would report where JS is currently, Chicago or LA. I know CPD has made it clear that they want to talk to him. Is there a reason why they are being so polite at this point? Wouldn't they just go pick him up like they did with the brothers?

Of course he has big wig representation now.

Can I just say that I'm really getting creeped out with all of the bare chested photos of the brothers and their friends posing for selfies !

Holy hell - letters from cutout mags? Who does that?????

Well since the FBI investigated that letter I think they'll determine pretty quickly what the facts are.

And none of them add up and hopefully this will be cleared and won't disappear within a week.

I don't think the public want to hear that "there's nothing to see/hear folks, move on".
It received a lot of outrage as an alleged hate crime and if it proves to be a hoax it deserves to receive the full attention of LE, the media, the public and politicians.

It was suggested previously that a case like this can cause rioting, racial divide and injury due to outrage for the alleged victim.

It may act as a future deterrent for "activists" if its proven to be untrue and its taken very seriously with serious consequences.
Because this "incident" is unacceptable if untrue. No sweeping it away under the rug.
moo
Just thinking off the top of my head, but since the FBI was involved and IF JS used the USPS to allegedly commit this crime, does this make any of his potential future charges a Federal Crime? They generally have longer sentences.
https://www.americanbar.org/content...st_cjmag_21_2_federalorstate.authcheckdam.pdf
Caveat..I am not an attorney, not even close!

CNN is making sure Jussie Smollett is the only one taking it for the team. They're writing their spin as we type.

We can be sure that CNN will reflect on how this will negatively affect the LBGTQ and black communities when there are actual violent assaults against them, which, of course, they should.

But, you can bet they will not address the continued negative onslaught against just regular, hard working, white Americans who happen to support the President.

IMHO, PDQ, INXS...etc.
Brovo!!!!

CBS Chicago
Sources also say the "Empire" actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store the weekend of Jan. 25. Jussie Smollett Case: Brothers Questioned By Police Bought Rope Used In Attack At Actor’s Request
Wow, this article has so many details.

The brothers were paid $3,500 before leaving for Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 upon their return.

The sources say plain red hats worn by the brothers were bought at an Uptown beauty supply store and that the attack was supposed to happen before Jan. 29.

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store the weekend of Jan. 25.

CBS Chicago
Sources also say the "Empire" actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store the weekend of Jan. 25. Jussie Smollett Case: Brothers Questioned By Police Bought Rope Used In Attack At Actor’s Request
Crafty Beaver rope and generic red hats bought at a Beauty Supply store !.......... Who paid for the magazines and the stamp used on the threatening letter ?....... This is gonna be a bad TV movie someday....MOO

Just thinking off the top of my head, but since the FBI was involved and IF JS used the USPS to allegedly commit this crime, does this make any of his potential future charges a Federal Crime? They generally have longer sentences.
https://www.americanbar.org/content...st_cjmag_21_2_federalorstate.authcheckdam.pdf
Seems so and you're not the first to have realized this in this thread. (Not me....I am not that smart ;) )

The brothers were paid $3,500 before leaving for Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 upon their return.

The sources say plain red hats worn by the brothers were bought at an Uptown beauty supply store and that the attack was supposed to happen before Jan. 29.

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store the weekend of Jan. 25.

I thought they weren't wearing red hats? (Or at least "MAGA hats") Maybe they ditched them at the last minute because it was too dang cold!

Wow, I don't have that

I certainly hope that if this is a hoax, justice is served to the fullest extent. This is not a harmless "prank".
It has far-reaching consequences and should not be tolerated or swept under the rug.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member