IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an interview later, Joe Magats, the prosecutor who made the decision, said that there had been no problems with the evidence or the police investigation into Mr. Smollett. Mr. Magats said he dropped the charges after Mr. Smollett agreed to the community service and to give up the $10,000 he paid for his release, money that would have been returned to him if he had made all his court appearances. He also noted that Mr. Smollett had no previous criminal record and said that the dropping of the charges “didn’t exonerate him.”

Jussie “agreed” to community service that he had already completed?! What a joke. (Working in a bookstore is community service? Oh the humanity!)

So if he has not been exonerated and was instead bequeathed a sweetheart deal by the sweetheart deal fairy, why is he out there smugging around, crowing about his vindication, innocence, and how wonderful and honest he is? He looks even more foolish, if possible.

Jussie Smollett’s Charges Are Dropped, Angering Mayor and Police

Last edited:

1. NEW: From @ABC @JoshMargolin: The FBI and US Postal Inspection Service are continuing their probe into whether Jussie Smollett played a role in sending a threatening to himself prior to the allegedly staged attack, according to a law enforcement official briefed. 1/2

25 replies114 retweets270 likes
Rob Elgas‏Verified account @RobElgasABC7
MORE: The federal investigation, originally confirmed by @ABC on Feb. 20, has remained open all along–even after the “Empire” actor was hit with Illinois state charges. Developments today have no impact on the federal probe. The FBI’s Chicago office declined to comment. 2/2

I have to go back and read all your comments, but IMO, something smells real fishy between this guy, Chicago prosecutors, possibly polices parties<modsnipped off topic> What a web has been weaved. I guess we will wait and see and continue to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go back and read all your comments, but IMO, something smells real fishy between this guy, Chicago prosecutors, possibly polices parties<modsnipped off topic> What a web has been weaved. I guess we will wait and see and continue to discuss.
Yep, these sort of deals really cause people to lose trust in the system. Its really a shame.
It isn't uncommon for prosecutors to cut a good deal to someone with no prior criminal history. But this one is perplexing. They had plenty of evidence, he clearly isn't remorseful, the allegation JS made initially really could have flared up tensions in the city. The deal was cut without the CPD involved and all kept secret. The secrecy of it bothers me most and is a clear signal that this was under the table dealing. I really don't think JS should have gone to jail necessarily, but he should have been required to fess up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, these sort of deals really cause people to lose trust in the system. Its really a shame.
It isn't uncommon for prosecutors to cut a good deal to someone with no prior criminal history. But this one is perplexing. They had plenty of evidence, he clearly isn't remorseful, the allegation JS made initially really could have flared up tensions in the city. The deal was cut without the CPD involved and all kept secret. The secrecy of it bothers me most and is a clear signal that this was under the table dealing. I really don't think JS should have gone to jail necessarily, but he should have been required to fess up.
Agreed. I was under no illusion that he was ever going to spend a day in jail. All I wanted was an apology, and JS to set the record straight.

He inflicted a great deal of damage, and he will continue to do so by declaring his innocence, and claiming victimhood.

This was the worst possible outcome.

What bothers me the most is that the powers that be knew exactly how this would look to the American public and they still did it. They're untouchable IMO.

What bothers me the most is that the powers that be knew exactly how this would look to the American public and they still did it. They're untouchable IMO.
Very much so. Arrogance.
Plus, then his attorney comes out and blames the police.
It will be interesting to see if he has a career left after this. Sure, some people will believe him, but most wont. He may be too polarizing for most mainstream studios.

Last edited:
bumping :)

Hey Everyone,

Please do not bring up politics, Trump, the Republicans, the Democrats, the Tooth Fairy, Porky Pig or ANYONE ONE OR ANYTHING that is off topic.

If we allowed a discussion about politics as it relates to this topic Websleuths would go up in flames quicker than a nuclear warhead. Ok, that is a bit of an exaggeration but not much,

Please know how much I personally appreciate you all spending time here and participating. You all make threads like this so interesting to read that I never want to get off the computer.

Take Care,
Tricia

Ain't nobody here but us dumb powerless, one vote each, and they get to really choose your candidates, sheep ......JS's justice was just a little more "special" than most folks would be.....moo

How can the prosecutors state that Smollett had no prior criminal record?

He had a prior record of lying to law enforcement when he was pulled over and falsely identified himself as his brother.
He did not want to be held accountable for his law breaking, so he claimed to be his brother.
What a snake.

So what kind of person attempts to throw an innocent person under the bus to weasel out of being held accountable. That innocent person being his own brother. WTF.

The Chicago Police did an extraordinary job in providing evidence against Smollett. Today they got a huge slap in the face by the prosecution.
I am disgusted that Smollett was allowed to pay his way out of accountability along with the short fun Loving so called community service.

Oh yeah and his and his family’s connections with Foxx and the many others.

Oh boy what does that say about my state? Is it that if you have money, connections, on a tv series (I never heard of Smollett before this fiasco),and a couple hours of so called community service.
All others without those connections go to jail....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr