IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago mayor still calls Smollett story a hoax after charges dropped

Police had said actor staged hate crime

(CNN) - Chicago's mayor and the city's police superintendent reacted angrily Tuesday to news that charges against actor Jussie Smollett were dropped, with both of them still calling Smollett's claim that he was attacked a "hoax."

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel called the decision by the prosecutor a "whitewash of justice." ...

Yeah, let us see how he was wrongly accused and him try to put a slander lawsuit on the city and the police department.

Then perhaps we can get more information that is now sealed?

Pfft, He is in love with the city of Chicago at this time he says . I wish they had MINIMALLY forced him to admit what he did to give him that sweet deal. ( on second thought, that isn't even the minimal that I would want from him)

The most frustrating part of this, is that he is going to be able to use this “attack” as currency, for the rest of his life.

Forfeiture of his bond, ain’t justice.

Without him being compelled to tell the truth, his lies will live on.

I couldn’t have cared less if he ever served a day in jail, I just wanted him to admit what he did.

He never will.

Just so out there that people of privilege get away with it. I agree with your thoughts.

All we can hope for at this point, is that the Feds are able to make a case against this guy.

That is the only thing that will wipe that smug look off of this liar’s face.

He committed this crime for selfish reasons, and it sucks to see him able to continue to play the victim card.

The one bright spot today, is that criticism has been nearly universal, with only pockets of support from his delusional fan base, that wants to believe his lies at the expense of facts, logic, and all common sense.

This case was not dropped due to a lack of evidence, it was dropped for reasons that aren’t entirely clear.

I think we all want an answer.

Just tell the truth.

Which in fact makes his attorneys look like liars now. :D MOO.

But that's expected of defense attorneys LOL. My biggest issue is with the State's Attorney's office, if they are going to give him such a sweet deal, do not force him as a part of the deal to admit what he did. I stand by @MassGuy and others as this is a huge travesty that they did not force him to admit it as part of the deal.

All we can hope for at this point, is that the Feds are able to make a case against this guy.

That is the only thing that will wipe that smug look off of this liar’s face.

He committed this crime for selfish reasons, and it sucks to see him able to continue to play the victim card.

The one bright spot today, is that criticism has been nearly universal, with only pockets of support from his delusional fan base, that wants to believe his lies at the expense of facts, logic, and all common sense.

This case was not dropped due to a lack of evidence, it was dropped for reasons that aren’t entirely clear.

I think we all want an answer.

Just tell the truth.
Fact based and waiting for actual evidence to be presented isn't delusional.IMO
Some seem to think higher ups in the political arena are involved and even named names.
Went so far as to invoke a former first lady.
So much for TOS. IMO

But that's expected of defense attorneys LOL. My biggest issue is with the State's Attorney's office, if they are going to give him such a sweet deal, do not force him as a part of the deal to admit what he did. I stand by @MassGuy and others as this is a huge travesty that they did not force him to admit it as part of the deal.

This is my beef as well. I said long ago I did not expect him to get any jail time, but I certainly did not expect THIS.

His community service autograph sessions...

Jussie Smollett 'did two days of community service' before charges were dropped | Daily Mail Online
  • Jussie Smollett did 16 community service hours at the Rainbow PUSH Coalition
  • During that time he worked in bookstores, stuffed envelopes and offered critique
  • Photos show him posing alongside members and volunteers of the organization
  • He faced 16 counts of disorderly conduct before the case was dropped Tuesday
  • Smollett did community service and forfeited $10K he paid to get out of jail
upload_2019-3-27_1-0-23.jpegupload_2019-3-27_1-0-35.jpegupload_2019-3-27_1-0-46.jpegupload_2019-3-27_1-1-1.jpeg

'I do not believe he is innocent': Prosecutor who dropped charges against Jussie Smollett ADMITS that he thinks he is guilty but says he got off because he has no criminal background as cops and Chicago mayor slam the decision as a 'whitewash of justice'
  • First Assistant Joe Magats stood by his decision to drop the charges and said it 'was not a whitewash'
  • Smollett completed 16 hours of community service between Saturday and Monday and gave up $10,000
  • Magats insists that he thought it was enough because the star is 'not a threat' and has no background
  • Mayor Rahm Emanuel said it was a whitewash of justice that Smollett had been cleared on 16 counts
  • Eddie T. Johnson, the Chicago Police Department Superintendent, was equally enraged
  • Neither of them knew that the charges had been dropped and found out at a police academy ceremony
  • Smollett was facing 48 years behind bars on 16 felony charges for allegedly lying to police about the attack
  • Prosecutors and police were confident in their case and laid out their evidence publicly last month
  • A grand jury also returned a 16-count indictment which was based on a 'sliver' of the evidence
  • Magats' boss, State's Attorney Kim Foxx, is facing calls for an Attorney General investigation into how she handled the investigation
  • In the days after the attack, she tried to wrestle the case from Chicago PD and have the FBI take over
  • Smollett's family were exchanging texts with her and said it would be a 'huge victory' if the FBI led the probe
Jussie Smollett: Charges dropped against Empire actor | Daily Mail Online

ETA: So his charges were dropped because he's not a threat, and has no criminal background..... And why did Martha Stewart go to prison? Oh yeah, because justice prevailed.

Do the crime, do the time!

Jussie Smollett 'did two days of community service' before charges were dropped | Daily Mail Online
  • During that time he worked in bookstores, stuffed envelopes and offered critique
View attachment 176521View attachment 176522View attachment 176523View attachment 176524
Ha! Could you imagine a non celebrity getting a deal like this?

And that’s the point; money, connections, and fame, change the name of the game.

There is apparently one system of justice for people like JS, and a different one for the rest of us.

Case files sealed.

A 10k forfeiture in a hoax that cost millions.

And no admission of wrongdoing.

Talk about winning.

Atleast in that case she fessed up.

That’s all I wanted here.
Why fess up when the DA has cleared you and the judge has wiped your record clean? And why should the Chicago PD ever work to help solve a case when it will only make the DA look good? Why should anyone have confidence that we would be treated fairly in the court system? Why?

We follow cases here. More and more, the results go in favor of the criminal, OJ, Casey Anthony, etc. Do people have no moral compass anymore? I am sick! It is bad enough when the jurors get it wrong. It is horrible when the DA throws the case on purpose.

View attachment 176521View attachment 176522View attachment 176523View attachment 176524
^^^ That there is some cruel hard time....moo

It has been reported that KF is closely associated with Nancy Pelosi, Corey Booker, Kamala Harris and Toni Preckwinkle. Any bad publicity on KF will also reflect on them.
Moving the case to Federal jurisdiction takes the state prosecution (and potential political fallout) out of KF's hands. FB I does not get elected by the public.

JS refused to turn over his phone including call logs, messaging and all contacts.
You have to wonder why?
BBM: This!

Rahm shuts down Blitzer at every turn, lol.

Blitzer: Was the full picture of the evidence not as compelling as what was presented to the Grand Jury. (Huh?)

Rahm: (Shakes head in confusion.) What? What was presented to the Grand Jury was what brought about the charges.

Blitzer plods on: But did new evidence arise, in subsequent weeks, for more evidence that may be out there...

Rahm: That’s not what the state’s attorney said today. They said the police did a good job, and the evidence holds up, and he did commit the hoax.

Now (Jussie) is walking around, thinking he is actually innocent. He is guilty legally and morally.

Why fess up when the DA has cleared you and the judge has wiped your record clean? And why should the Chicago PD ever work to help solve a case when it will only make the DA look good? Why should anyone have confidence that we would be treated fairly in the court system? Why?

We follow cases here. More and more, the results go in favor of the criminal, OJ, Casey Anthony, etc. Do people have no moral compass anymore? I am sick! It is bad enough when the jurors get it wrong. It is horrible when the DA throws the case on purpose.
Oh I hear you.

I just wish the admission of guilt, would have been a required part of any deal.

He’d be an idiot to admit guilt now, when the prosecution has given him the break of the century.

Tina Tchen and State Attorney Kim Foxx need to be investigated for their complicity with the yet-as-unnamed outside party who allowed this travesty of justice to occur.

And Foxx really left First Assistant Prosecutor Joe Magats in a horrible position to take all the heat, and he fumbled badly.

I don’t think she’ll ever have to worry about Magats running against her for her State Attorney job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers