IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video at the link

CBS Chicago on Twitter

If I owned property in Chicago, I'd be very worried about it's future value.
Chicago, already is known for it's crimes and murders.
Not to mention awful weather.
Add to that, a potentially corrupt legal system that thwarts the law enforcement from doing their jobs to protect their citizens?
Wow.
All I can say is, Dudes. You elected these people!!!

CBS Chicago‏Verified account @cbschicago

"Do you believe that he is innocent?" CBS reporter @adrianasdiaz asks First Assistant Cook County State's Attorney Joseph Magats about dropping charges against Jussie Smollett. "I do not believe he is innocent," Magats responds.
This is totally shocking and sickening----the prosecutor and his cronies dont give a
fig about the CPD, completely throwing their hard work under the bus-this deal stinks
like rotting fish

Are we to belive that 2 white guys were walking around downtown Chicago in the middle of the night, wearing MAGA hats?

Hard to believe anyone would dare do that

True, but I swear JS and his team/family think all they have to do to win in the court of public opinion, is to throw around inflammatory and distractionary buzzwords and catchphrases out of some public relations playbook; and hope we don't notice that they might as well be hollering "Purple monkey dishwasher!", as they are proclaiming "Find the real killers, er, perpetrators!"; "hooray for baseball, Mom, and apple pie!" etc.; because purple monkey dishwashers are about as useful and apropos to this particular situation as "looking for the real perpetrators" would be. We've got people coming out of the woodwork confessing to these crimes. We don't need any more!

Hey Betty.
I really do not believe Jussie Smollett will Ever apologize for what he's done.
I also do not think that Any community service will make him realize the division he's caused by claiming white people in make American Great hats who also threw a noose around his neck attacked him in the freezing cold for hours and poured bleach on him, while he left the warmth of his hotel to get a sandwich.
No. It's just called, doubling down.

Yes, it was wrong, very wrong. Especially these days when tensions are running so high. It only makes things worse. He owes a lot of people an apology. Some more community service might also be a good idea.

Yes he did. The brothers just confirmed what the police knew. You think the Feds have nothing to do with Chicago politics?

Yes they do. This decision was made by someone higher than that DA.

And wasn’t it quite interesting that his attorney said she didn’t know what had happened or why. It was as though she just woke up from a bad dream and found all was right in the world. Ugh, makes me sick.
He has not admitted to writing the letter.
Superintendent Johnson did not indicate how investigators know that he wrote the letter, and the FBI declined to comment.
As far as I can tell, he is still claiming he did not write the letter and investigators have not revealed what evidence they have that he did. Imo

Agree, Chicago PD should be out chasing violent criminals and investigating violent crime. It's wrong to fake a hate crime, but we should try to reserve jail space for violent criminals who are a threat to the public.

I suppose those who were harmed by him can sue in civil court. That might be a better alternative.
Well, the problem is that initially they thought they actually were investigating a violent hate crime. A particularly disturbing act that potentially stirs up a lot of emotion and anger.
We have all seen the results and horrible consequences of what happens when these crimes do occur. An enormous amount of funds and time went into this investigation, only to find out that it was all a ruse.
It's not just the people involved that were hurt by this, but a large percent of the public as well. Not just in Chicago but everywhere.
It's just not possible for all those affected by this to sue in civil court. The damage has been done.
Justice would have been served if he had admitted what he had done and faced the consequences. Jmo

Big "Huh" on that law.
What brillant lawyer wrote THAT FOR the PEOPLE?
Jeez, I am disliking attorneys and politicians more and more daily.
This particular case makes me just plain disgusted.
With that said, I see a hornets nest of angry coming to all the people envolved in the Jussie Smollett parden.
Good. About time.
Imo

Just read this comment on an article someone posted upthread, its from someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about and thought others might find it interesting too!

"I just looked at the recusal statute (I was a state's attorney at 26th streeet in the 90s). If the state's attorney recuses herself, THE COURT shall appoint a special prosecutor and before appointing a private attorney, the court shall look to other prosecutor offices in state. The statute doesn't give the court authority to appoint a person from the state's attorney's own office since the State's Attorney IS the office. Since the appointment was unlawful, the special prosecutor had no power to nolle pros the case and the nolle pros is void and the indictment still remains"

Ha! Could you imagine a non celebrity getting a deal like this?

And that’s the point; money, connections, and fame, change the name of the game.

There is apparently one system of justice for people like JS, and a different one for the rest of us.

Case files sealed.

A 10k forfeiture in a hoax that cost millions.

And no admission of wrongdoing.

Talk about winning.

Morning Guy!

I can't imagine this ever happening to a regular Joe or Jane average citizen, who was potentially facing 48 YEARS IN PRISON! Capitalized words to Express my frustration. Lol!

That's what blows my mind. Others have said they didnt expect him to do any jail time. I don't understand that. Why should he be treated any differently than anyone else with a potential sentence of 48 years? Non violent criminals serve very long prison times, but he is somehow to be excluded? Many of them had no criminal past at all. He did.

When JS started all of his made up BS he had no idea how it may turnout. Chicago could have been on fire again! Imo.

Dangerous false narratives have certainly caused those things to happen in several cities in several states in recent years. Some still bear the scars today.

He had to know all of these possibilities BEFORE he set his vile scheme in play. Who knows, since he is such a self centered narcissist he may have wanted chaos to interrupt with him being at the center of attention.

The only reason it didn't happen is I think even the believers had some doubt rather quickly THIS time. Thank goodness.

He played such a dangerous game with other people's lives.

The DOJ needs to do a full investigation why this hate crime hoaxter got away Scot free, and who all was involved in making it happen for a defendant that was so quilty of all these horrible 16 felonies.

What happened to equal justice for all, and Lady Justice being blind for a justifiable legal reason?

How is the next defendant going to feel when not facing nearly 48 years in prison, but if convicted. gets the full mandatory sentence of even serving a full year?

I can't begin to imagine how this idiotic decision has left so many widespread horrible messages to so many different groups of people. He negatively has harmed so many.

And to know after all the harm be has caused to so many, he is the very one who walks away without one bit of accountability whatsoever.

Imo, JS reminds me of an arsonist. He starts the harmful dangerous raging fire, stands there watching all of it go up in flames, then slinks away never to be punished for any of it.

The only hope justice will be served on this wicked self centered man is for the FEDS to bring charges, which I do believe they will.

Jmo

Last edited:
Hey Betty.
I really do not believe Jussie Smollett will Ever apologize for what he's done.
I also do not think that Any community service will make him realize the division he's caused by claiming white people in make American Great hats who also threw a noose around his neck attacked him in the freezing cold for hours and poured bleach on him, while he left the warmth of his hotel to get a sandwich.
No. It's just called, doubling down.

If so, he wouldn't be the first criminal who wasn't remorseful for what he did. At this point, though, we don't know whether or not he's remorseful. JMO, I think he is, but may be too embarrassed to admit it publicly. That may take time. I don't know how you couldn't be, though, after making up a big story and causing so much turmoil and upset. I really don't like people who do that. The guy definitely needs some therapy or something.

Terry Moran‏Verified account @TerryMoran
Celebrity justice: Cook County clerk’s office tells @ABC they were shocked that no written motions were filed with the court in connection with today’s surprising dismissal in the Smollett case. On top of that, the case has been wiped off their database as if it never existed.

This is crazy! Does Jussie have dirt on someone??

You don’t have to commit an act of violence, to cause tremendous harm.

He faked a hate crime, which among many other things, misdirected law enforcement resources in order to catch the perpetrator (himself).

Chicago has a massive violent crime problem, and law enforcement has better things to do than chase a ghost.

The extent of the damage he caused isn’t really knowable, but when police are forced to focus on a fake crime, it means they aren’t investigating real crimes.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks violence has to be involved.

Since when is that a threshold for going to prison if convicted of 16 felonies? Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Thousand of inmates are serving very long prison sentences for non violent crimes.

But somehow to some JS is suppose to be treated differently than everyone else who is sent to prison for even less felony charges????? Imo, that's ridiculous. SMH.

So glad to see the outrage of this insane decision is continuing, and still being heavily covered by the media.

We haven't heard the last of this by far.

Celebrity justice: Cook County clerk’s office tells @ABC they were shocked that no written motions were filed with the court in connection with today’s surprising dismissal in the Smollett case. On top of that, the case has been wiped off their database as if it never existed.

Of course it has.

Like I said yesterday, if you want to be able to spin a narrative a certain way, it really really helps to expunge every scrap of the official record so that with time, the scofflaw can tell any story they like about their clash with law and order, and have people going "Well, maybe... do you remember the details, Aunt Gladys?" "I sure don't, Heather! Something about ... him being harassed?"

it just gets curiouser and curiouser, doesnt it? such a disgrace has been perpetrated on the Justice system of the US of A. IMO, MOO

Last edited:
I'm not sure why anyone thinks violence has to be involved.

Since when is that a threshold for going to prison if convicted of 16 felonies? Breaking the law is breaking the law.

Thousand of inmates are serving very long prison sentences for non violent crimes.

But somehow to some JS is suppose to be treated differently than everyone else who is sent to prison for even less felony charges????? Imo, that's ridiculous. SMH.

So glad to see the outrage of this insane decision is continuing, and still being heavily covered by the media.

We haven't heard the last of this by far.

Martha Stewart was not violent, she went to jail for a felony.

She didnt physically hurt a fly.

Corruption at it's best. They think someone named Chen who was Michele Obama's chief of staff that did this, ordered this for him. 16 felonies and he's let go! Give me a break.

It will be interesting to see if Foxx did hand the case off to Magats totally or was she still in contact with the family even after then, and may have been in contact with Chen as well?

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member