IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS hasn’t admitted sending that letter. It was those two brothers who made that allegation.

JS made up the most ridiculous lie imaginable, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he did leave forensic evidence on those envelopes.

Federal law has nothing to do with Chicago politics, so I’m convinced that JS will face charges if the evidence is there.

I’m just not positive it is.
Yes he did. The brothers just confirmed what the police knew. You think the Feds have nothing to do with Chicago politics?

Yes they do. This decision was made by someone higher than that DA.

And wasn’t it quite interesting that his attorney said she didn’t know what had happened or why. It was as though she just woke up from a bad dream and found all was right in the world. Ugh, makes me sick.

Yes. In his statement to police, during the investigation, JS admitted he sent the letter and wanted more money in his role in Empire. I suppose the rest are from his two co conspirators who got shafted today. I don’t know. Police works on the case for a month and had evidence that was sealed by the judge today.

According to JS today though, he is his mother’s son who wouldn’t do such a thing as tell a lie.
You’re confusing the brother’s statements with his.

JS has denied sending the letter, and has claimed he was happy with his Empire contract.

Brothers implicated in attack on Jussie Smollett tell police the 'Empire' actor was upset that earlier threatening letter didn't get enough attention: Source

With much respect, I think this is way bigger than Empire or Fox or Disney.

I think the show is dead no matter what happens.

I agree with you. But one hour of scripted TV can change and influence millions of people. I live in the Midwest. An entire City can be burned because a "co-defendant" stated on national TV that a college student said 'Hands UP Don't Shoot' " It was proven it didn't happen that way. Outrage was created in a matter of hours.

JMO

This outcome reinforces all the right stereotypes:
Chicago is corrupt
You can get away with a crime if you're a protected class
DAs aren't unbiased
Most hate crime reports are fake

I agree with you. But one hour of scripted TV can change and influence millions of people. I live in the Midwest. An entire City can be burned because a "co-defendant" stated on national TV that a college student said 'Hands UP Don't Shoot' " It was proven it didn't happen that way. Outrage was created in a matter of hours.

JMO
Sad isn’t it? But so true.

Yes he did. The brothers just confirmed what the police knew. You think the Feds have nothing to do with Chicago politics?

Yes they do. This decision was made by someone higher than that DA.

And wasn’t it quite interesting that his attorney said she didn’t know what had happened or why. It was as though she just woke up from a bad dream and found all was right in the world. Ugh, makes me sick.

Can you post a link to JS himself admitting to sending the letter bc I don’t think anyone else here has seen this info.

This outcome reinforces all the right stereotypes:
Chicago is corrupt
You can get away with a crime if you're a protected class
DAs aren't unbiased
Most hate crime reports are fake

With all due respect. I am not quite ready to throw the Baby out with the bath water. I still feel that there are places like this where we can express outrage when the time comes.

He can't even bring himself to say this was justice lol.

"I would also like to thank the state of Illinois for attempting to do what's right."

(One minute in) Jussie Smollett's Statement Following Charges Dropped: "I've Been Truthful and Consistent"

Don't forget, his family "look forward to bringing the real perpetrators to justice":

Prosecutors abandon criminal case against Jussie Smollett

So apparently, his family is still holding out hope that the public is fooled into (a) thinking the brothers Osundairo are lying, and weren't even the ones who attacked JS (??); (b), that we're not going to notice that nobody in the family even pretends to look for any men with white skin around their eyes, because they know no such men exist?

They must really have gotten a guarantee from someone up high, to be out making these bold proclamations.

Because if the Osundairo brothers aren't "the real perpetrators", then this means that JS was attacked by not one, but two, roving groups of men after 2AM, in one of the coldest days in Chicago's history.

Don't forget, his family "look forward to bringing the real perpetrators to justice":

Prosecutors abandon criminal case against Jussie Smollett

So apparently, his family is still holding out hope that the public is fooled into (a) thinking the brothers Osundairo are lying, and weren't even the ones who attacked JS (??); (b), that we're not going to notice that nobody in the family even pretends to look for any men with white skin around their eyes, because they know no such men exist?

They must really have gotten a guarantee from someone up high, to be out making these bold proclamations.

Because if the Osundairo brothers aren't "the real perpetrators", then this means that JS was attacked by not one, but two, roving groups of men after 2AM, in one of the coldest days in Chicago's history.

I’m annoyed that he got off without having to confess.

There are still millions of people who will believe this nonsense, and anything short of an admission of guilt, will never convince them.

You can’t convince irrational people by using facts and logic.

If they want to believe something, they will.

Truth be damned.

Tina Tchen, who was texting with Ms. Foxx, the DA regarding Jessie’s case just yesterday, worked as Michelle O’s chief of staff and also in the Obama White House. Per article on foxnews.com right now.

I would guess that is high enough up the food chain to produce today’s outcome.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I don't buy the outrage from the mayor. He's close with the Obamas and could have had just as much to do with this scam as anyone else. He's not exactly known for his honesty...
I’m no fan of Rahm, but I am buying his outrage.

He’s making the media rounds, and is being nothing short of emphatic as to his displeasure here.

This case reflects poorly on his city, and his leadership (right or wrong).

Chicago comes out looking really bad here, as the justice system appears to have been perverted in order to let a person of influence get away with committing a horrible crime.

And the pepetrator is thumbing his nose at the police, the DA’s office, and the government.

I’d be mad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member