IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really been following this case, so am not sure what's happening. Did this Smollett guy do anything violent? Did he beat someone up or otherwise injure them? Did he rob someone? What's the big deal with this? TV was going crazy over it all earlier today.
You don’t have to commit an act of violence, to cause tremendous harm.

He faked a hate crime, which among many other things, misdirected law enforcement resources in order to catch the perpetrator (himself).

Chicago has a massive violent crime problem, and law enforcement has better things to do than chase a ghost.

The extent of the damage he caused isn’t really knowable, but when police are forced to focus on a fake crime, it means they aren’t investigating real crimes.

You don’t have to commit an act of violence, to cause tremendous harm.

He faked a hate crime, which among many other things, misdirected law enforcement resources in order to catch the perpetrator (himself).

Chicago has a massive violent crime problem, and law enforcement has better things to do than chase a ghost.

The damage he caused isn’t really knowable, but when police are forced to focus on a fake crime, it means they aren’t investigating real crimes.

Agree, Chicago PD should be out chasing violent criminals and investigating violent crime. It's wrong to fake a hate crime, but we should try to reserve jail space for violent criminals who are a threat to the public.

I suppose those who were harmed by him can sue in civil court. That might be a better alternative.

Agree, Chicago PD should be out chasing violent criminals and investigating violent crime. It's wrong to fake a hate crime, but we should try to reserve jail space for violent criminals who are a threat to the public.

I suppose those who were harmed by him can sue in civil court. That might be a better alternative.
He faked a violent crime, which is a big deal.

The issue most of us have isn’t that he’s not serving jail time, it’s that he is allowed to pretend that he did nothing wrong.

He is not being held accountable.

I don’t want fines, I don’t want jail, I just want the truth.

From his lips anyway.

One can always google the details.

Google is your friend. and mine. :D

No, thanks anyway! I try to focus on the boring, substantive news. Generally, if it's about some entertainer, I don't pay a lot of attention. :D

He faked a violent crime, which is a big deal.

The issue most of us have isn’t that he’s not serving jail time, it’s that he is allowed to pretend that he did nothing wrong.

He is not being held accountable.

I don’t want fines, I don’t want jail, I just want the truth.

From his lips anyway.

Sounds like a civil suit will be a good alternative. The stories usually come out in that kind of process.

Where is Batman, when you really need him?
Although many of our elected politicians flaunt their power and bias daily.
This Chicago flagrant abuse of the law, is incendiary.
The "excuses by the Prosecutor's Office is a joke". And a lie.

It is high time to disclose WHY this American City is rampant with murders exceeding the national average by huge amounts.

Oh yeah, and politicians with friends in high places get to shut down their hard working police force.

Leaving them spinning in the wind. I really feel for law enforcement on this one.
Kudos, to Chicago cops for filing a complaint.
I Sincerely hope that ALL of the puppet masters are exposed. Right up to the top.
The Absolute TOP, including those who have made it into our White house.
Completely my opinion.
This is completely my opinion.
Thank You.

Examples of plebs in Illinois with charges of filing false police reports, whose sentencing included probation at the least. They unfortunately lacked eight hours of previous community service and friends in high places.
  • A woman claimed she had been “threatened by a man at gunpoint.” She was sentenced to two years probation, counseling, and 40 hours of community service for filing a false report.
  • A woman was sentenced to 18 months probation for filing a false police report. She was also ordered to pay $1,800 in overtime cost for Riverside officers who worked extra hours in an attempt to find the individual she falsely claimed assaulted her.
  • A man who filed a false report about “being shot by someone else,” was sentenced to 30 months of probation. He also had to fulfill 100 hours of community service and “pay $5,000 in restitution to the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department.”
  • A woman was sentenced to 18 months probation for falsely claiming she had been stabbed at a car wash. She was also ordered to complete 60 hours of community service and to pay nearly $1,000 to the Adams County Sheriff’s Office.
  • A man was sentenced to 30 months probation for filing a false report about a man pointing a gun at him. He was also ordered to pursue mental health care.
  • Two women received two years probation and fines of a few hundred dollars for filing a false report. The women claimed a robber with a knife had taken a “$12,000 engagement ring and other valuables.”

Barmore witness Marissa Brown guilty on 3 of 4 counts
Woman Gets Probation For Filing False Report Of Sexual Assault
https://www.effinghamdailynews.com/news/local_news/probation-for-effingham-man-who-caused-massive-search-with-false/article_c8890d76-67a4-11e5-9aee-7bb9667da80e.html
Woman gets probation after filing false police report
Marseilles Man Receives Probation Sentence After Filing False Police Report
In some cases, lying to police can come with weak penalty

Don't forget, his family "look forward to bringing the real perpetrators to justice":

Prosecutors abandon criminal case against Jussie Smollett

So apparently, his family is still holding out hope that the public is fooled into (a) thinking the brothers Osundairo are lying, and weren't even the ones who attacked JS (??); (b), that we're not going to notice that nobody in the family even pretends to look for any men with white skin around their eyes, because they know no such men exist?

They must really have gotten a guarantee from someone up high, to be out making these bold proclamations.

Because if the Osundairo brothers aren't "the real perpetrators", then this means that JS was attacked by not one, but two, roving groups of men after 2AM, in one of the coldest days in Chicago's history.
Are we to belive that 2 white guys were walking around downtown Chicago in the middle of the night, wearing MAGA hats?

Hard to believe anyone would dare do that

Just read this comment on an article someone posted upthread, its from someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about and thought others might find it interesting too!

"I just looked at the recusal statute (I was a state's attorney at 26th streeet in the 90s). If the state's attorney recuses herself, THE COURT shall appoint a special prosecutor and before appointing a private attorney, the court shall look to other prosecutor offices in state. The statute doesn't give the court authority to appoint a person from the state's attorney's own office since the State's Attorney IS the office. Since the appointment was unlawful, the special prosecutor had no power to nolle pros the case and the nolle pros is void and the indictment still remains"

Examples of plebs in Illinois with charges of filing false police reports, whose sentencing included probation at the least. They unfortunately lacked eight hours of previous community service and friends in high places.
  • A woman claimed she had been “threatened by a man at gunpoint.” She was sentenced to two years probation, counseling, and 40 hours of community service for filing a false report.
  • A woman was sentenced to 18 months probation for filing a false police report. She was also ordered to pay $1,800 in overtime cost for Riverside officers who worked extra hours in an attempt to find the individual she falsely claimed assaulted her.
  • A man who filed a false report about “being shot by someone else,” was sentenced to 30 months of probation. He also had to fulfill 100 hours of community service and “pay $5,000 in restitution to the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department.”
  • A woman was sentenced to 18 months probation for falsely claiming she had been stabbed at a car wash. She was also ordered to complete 60 hours of community service and to pay nearly $1,000 to the Adams County Sheriff’s Office.
  • A man was sentenced to 30 months probation for filing a false report about a man pointing a gun at him. He was also ordered to pursue mental health care.
  • Two women received two years probation and fines of a few hundred dollars for filing a false report. The women claimed a robber with a knife had taken a “$12,000 engagement ring and other valuables.”

Barmore witness Marissa Brown guilty on 3 of 4 counts
Woman Gets Probation For Filing False Report Of Sexual Assault
https://www.effinghamdailynews.com/news/local_news/probation-for-effingham-man-who-caused-massive-search-with-false/article_c8890d76-67a4-11e5-9aee-7bb9667da80e.html
Marseilles Man Receives Probation Sentence After Filing False Police Report
In some cases, lying to police can come with weak penalty
Now that is some good sleuthing.....Mr. Smollett got off real easy.....moo

But he didn't physically injure or steal from anyone? Did he have a prior criminal record?
He falsely accused an entire race of trying to lynch him. He told the nation that 2 white men wearing Trump hats assaulted him and put a noose around his neck

I think that was injurious behavior on his part. It was deceitful <modsnip - inflammatory language>

Last edited by a moderator:
He falsely accused an entire race of trying to lynch him. He told the nation that 2 white men wearing Trump hats assaulted him and put a noose around his neck

I think that was injurious behavior on his part. It was deceitful and bigoted and racist snd illegal
He is still doing so. .... Maybe the people of Chicago should file a class action Hate Crimes lawsuit against Mr. Smollett ?..........LOL !........moo

A Chicago police union, the Fraternal Order of Police, has now asked the Department of Justice to investigate Foxx’s role in the decision to not prosecute Smollett. “The FOP is outraged by the decision to drop charges against Smollett, but not surprised,” the union said in an emailed statement to NBC News. “Since Kimberly Foxx has taken office, she has transformed the prosecutor’s office to a political arm of the anti-police movement. We renew our call for a federal investigation of her role in this case and expect the media to conduct a thorough investigation.”

Smollett prosecutor catching flak for dropping charges

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I don't buy the outrage from the mayor. He's close with the Obamas and could have had just as much to do with this scam as anyone else. He's not exactly known for his honesty...

His outrage seems genuine, but what perplexes me is like you said, Tina Tchen, the former chief of staff to Michelle Obama, is a close friend of the Emanuel’s. Tchen is who emailed state attorney Foxx on behalf of JS and his family, saying the family had “concerns about the investigation.”

Which led to Foxx exchanging emails with JS’s relatives and interfering in the investigation.

Maybe Tchen didn’t tell Rahm what she was doing on the downlow? So convoluted.

State’s Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicago’s top cop to turn Jussie Smollett probe over to FBI, texts and emails show

I think that was injurious behavior on his part. It was deceitful and bigoted and racist snd illegal

Yes, it was wrong, very wrong. Especially these days when tensions are running so high. It only makes things worse. He owes a lot of people an apology. Some more community service might also be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow