IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any connection between Smollett and Booker and Harris?
That could be very interesting.

I do recall an interview where the police said even though they were over 1/2 hr in responding, Smollett still had the rope around his neck. It was one of the officers that he asked to turn off the body cameras, another strange thing, IMO, MOO etc.

When asked about it, he said he was 'preserving evidence'.

I am under the impression it was loosely laying around his neck, not tied.

Very weird, IMO, MOO. etc.

Tyler Perry Is 'Hoping' Jussie Smollett Didn't Stage Attack: 'Right Now, It's a Wait and See'

During an interview with the Today show on Wednesday, the filmmaker said he has spoken to Smollett, 36, and that the Empire actor insists that the allegations aren’t true.

“Listen, he is so adamant about it and he is so convincing in his story that I’m hoping and standing with him, hoping that it all turns out in his favor, for sure,” said Perry, 49.

Perry also referenced the cases of Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos, two men who disappeared after allegedly being picked up by a Florida sheriff’s deputy 15 years ago.

“I’ve been fighting for justice for Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos … so I wish that that case could have gotten half the attention that the Jussie Smollett thing [got],” he said. “But listen, everybody that knows him — he’s adamant that he’s telling the truth. Everybody that knows him that I know, they all say he’s not the type of person that would ever do that. So it’s pretty confusing, so right now it’s a wait and see.”

I'm curious. Is it a federal offense to lynch whites, or only a protected group, like the hate crime laws?

Murder is a crime. It is against state and/or federal law.

Under federal law, a murder conviction is enforced with capital punishment, aka, the death penalty. In most state law, most murder convictions result in life in prison or death.

IANAL, tbs

source https://www.wklaw.com/10-ways-murder-becomes-a-federal-crime/

"Capital punishment is a legal penalty under the United States federal government criminal justice system. It can be handed down for treason, espionage, murder, large-scale drug trafficking, or attempted murder of a witness, juror, or court officer in certain cases."

These cases usually involve killings that are related to the following:
  • Drug trafficking
  • Crossing state borders
  • Occur on a body of water
  • Are considered an attack on the U.S. government or judicial system
10 ways murder becomes a federal crime:
  • Murder of an Elected/Appointed Federal Official (18 U.S.C. Section 351, 1751)
  • Murder of a Federal Judge or Law Enforcement Official (18 U.S.C. Section 1114)
  • Killing of an Immediate Family Member of Law Enforcement Officials (18 U.S.C. Section 115(b)(3))
  • 4.A Killing Designed to Influence the Outcome of a Court Case (18 U.S.C. Section 1512)
  • A Killing Committed During Bank Robbery (18 U.S.C. Section 1111)
  • Murder Related to Rape, Child Molestation, and Sexual Exploitation of Children (18 U.S.C. Section 2248, 2251)
  • Murder Aboard a Ship (18 U.S.C. Section 2280)
  • Drug-Related Murders (18 U.S.C. Section 36, 924(i))
  • Murder for Hire (18 U.S.C. Section 1958)
  • Murder by Mail (18 U.S.C. Section 1716)

Tyler Perry Is 'Hoping' Jussie Smollett Didn't Stage Attack: 'Right Now, It's a Wait and See'

During an interview with the Today show on Wednesday, the filmmaker said he has spoken to Smollett, 36, and that the Empire actor insists that the allegations aren’t true.

“Listen, he is so adamant about it and he is so convincing in his story that I’m hoping and standing with him, hoping that it all turns out in his favor, for sure,” said Perry, 49.

Perry also referenced the cases of Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos, two men who disappeared after allegedly being picked up by a Florida sheriff’s deputy 15 years ago.

“I’ve been fighting for justice for Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos … so I wish that that case could have gotten half the attention that the Jussie Smollett thing [got],” he said. “But listen, everybody that knows him — he’s adamant that he’s telling the truth. Everybody that knows him that I know, they all say he’s not the type of person that would ever do that. So it’s pretty confusing, so right now it’s a wait and see.”

If Smollett is found guilty of the hate crime hoax, he has burned a lot of important bridges in LGBTQ community, African American community, entertainment world, Democratic party members, news organizations. The list is endless.

The fact that he continues to state his innocence to everyone, makes me think that his attorneys want to string this out forever with continuances, motions, and finally request dismissal.

I do not see that happening. This is going to trial. And Chicago PD Chief seems pretty emphatic to me, that the evidence is clear and convincing that Smollett committed a hate crime hoax.

Maybe they will sway some very susceptible jury members for a finding of "Not Guilty". Good luck.

'Not guilty' does not mean one didnt commit the crime, it simply means your lawyer was able to plant a snippet of doubt.

In some countries, there is a finding of 'Not proven' which is self explanatory and IMO, it should be available everywhere. ;)

Is there any connection between Smollett and Booker and Harris?
That could be very interesting.

I do recall an interview where the police said even though they were over 1/2 hr in responding, Smollett still had the rope around his neck. It was one of the officers that he asked to turn off the body cameras, another strange thing, IMO, MOO etc.

When asked about it, he said he was 'preserving evidence'.

I am under the impression it was loosely laying around his neck, not tied.

Very weird, IMO, MOO. etc.

Connection

Not posting for conversation, maybe it’s a coincidence.

Snip

Smollett told police that early on the morning of Jan. 29 in Chicago

Chicago top cop: Police have 'a lot more evidence' against Jussie Smollett than has been disclosed so far

February 14, 2019 - 11:54 AM EST
Senate passes bill to make lynching a federal crime

Senate passes bill to make lynching a federal crime

Damn. On one hand we have Jussie Smolett firmly claiming that this wasn't a hoax at all, and he was simply an innocent victim of a hate crime. On the other hand, we have the Osundairo brothers who admitted to the attack, claiming Smollett set the whole thing up. If this case goes to a trial, I think Smollett's lawyers will ensure that the brothers will be on trial just as much as Smollett will be.

Last edited:
They just need enough for reasonable doubt.

Smollett actually set this up quite well, especially if he had the brothers write and mail the letter, so he has nothing to do with the letter. If I credit him with a smidgen of intelligence, I would almost say, he completely set them up, so if things went South, they would be blamed for everything.

They just need enough for reasonable doubt.

Smollett actually set this up quite well, especially if he had the brothers write and mail the letter, so he has nothing to do with the letter. If I credit him with a smidgen of intelligence, I would almost say, he completely set them up, so if things went South, they would be blamed for everything.

Except for the fact that he said the attackers were white, and that he texted and called the attackers and told them his plane was delayed, and called them again when he landed. Why would he need to call his 'personal trainers' at midnight to inform them of his flight delay?

And if it is true that they were seen with Jussie in the elevator before the attack, then that is a big problem for Jussie.

If it is shown that Smollett did indeed double-cross these brothers, it would be the ultimate irony. I mean, here's a black man perpetuating a hate crime hoax against himself, while simultaneously throwing two other black men under the bus. Smollett will go down in infamy, forever considered to be low-down & dirty. That's a far cry from the heroic fighter status he had in mind.

Yes and what evidence will come that we don't know.

And we also know that there may be additional charges brought, as the FBI investigation, and that the U.S. Mail fraud/ threat investigations are proceeding separately.

His next court appearance in Chicago for the current state charge is March 14. He will likely have to be physically back in Chicago for that. I think it's possible that the mail fraud and FBI investigations may be "ripe" at that point in time. Chicago is in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Seventh District).

If I understand the laws right, mail fraud/ terroristic threat via mail charges can be brought at both the state, and federal level. The terroristic threats in the mailed letter, and the terroristic "white powder" in the envelope, mean that the letter may bring very, very serious charges and penalties separate and apart from the false police report charge. I think the false report charge was just the beginning, the easiest charge to bring, to set the criminal processes in motion.

Almost no one is talking about the letter in the media. It's as if they've all forgotten about it, or are hoping it will be forgotten. I think it's a huge part of this conspiracy and collection of hate crimes that will likely bring severe charges and penalties that JS will be unable to plead away.

Terroristic threat - Wikipedia

Death threat - Wikipedia

This fawning puff piece (which was picked up by media agencies earlier today, and was under a MSN banner for a while) on JS reads like either a celebration of a lifetime achievement award, or a eulogy. The author appears to have "overlooked" (minimized) the fact that JS is accused of staging and carrying out appalling hate hoax crimes, and is setting the stage, IMO, for the audience to drink the kool aid and engage in "forgiveness".

<Because hey, he's SUCH a nice guy, and SO talented, and SO misunderstood and overlooked for his talent. Right? He DESERVES to be forgiven, because he's like, "intersectional", and has history, and was a child star, and his mom and dad were activists... and he was an activist too....and his mom loved him a lot…. and.... all that jazz.>

It reads, IMO, like a commissioned piece by a reputation management agency to "humanize" the accused criminal. With Mark Geragos on board as his celebrity attorney, I have no doubt at all that a reputation management agency/ crisis management consultant has been engaged to intentionally plant sympathetic pieces in the media.

"I'm About to Break": Jussie Smollett and the Pressure of Hollywood Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member