IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex McDaniel, a name I've never heard of at all.
Guess he wants a bit of the action too, a split second of fame or at least his picture in the Daily Mail. Check that box.

ETA: the DailyMail is a rag, yellow journalism, a tabloid.

Since the arrest, there have been all sorts of tidbits planted in the media to sway opinion and for no other reason.

With no jury and no rules yet, its permissible and a short window in which to influence people.

This will continue until after there is a decision about JS and this 'event'.

Won't argue about the Daily Mail, but at least they sometimes post photos that no one else does. Good with sending photographers across the ocean but yes, sometimes a bit suspect in the way they "quote" witnesses.

I will seriously scream if Smollett is found "Not Guilty" and does a full circuit of talk shows, news shows, in his "Victim-Martyr" mode. Expecting full apologies from everyone!

Only My 2 Cents until I find the article, but it was said more evidence has been put out against him then is normally seen ---in the media--- in such famous cases. Too much evidence against him. He can't beat this. Again, 2 Cents.

I just watched the Robin Roberts interview with JS. She's interviewed a lot of people, and I bet she has a lot of innate knowledge of body language, facial expression, terminology used when lying, etc.

Her body language, etc. tells me she doesn't believe him either.

Despite Evidence Against Him, Jussie Smollett Has a Plan to Skate on Charges

Jussie Smollett Has a Plan to Skate on Charges | Law & Crime

FROM THIS ARTICLE:

"...the defense is saying that they’re not telling the truth about that check, impeaching the credibility of the witnesses. They’re going to have to prove that, contrary to what the Osundairo brothers have said, 1) they acted alone/Smollett wasn’t involved 2) the check had nothing to do with what happened and 3) their story has changed, been inconsistent, or was coerced. Put another way, they are going to have to disprove the Chicago Police understanding of motive (that Smollett was upset with his salary on the show and staged a hoax with the help of the Osundairos to garner sympathy that would result in a steep raise and possible rise to mega-stardom)."

Ok then. Then tell me what MOTIVE DID THE BROTHERS HAVE to hurt someone who is connected to the industry they want to be a part of, AND who pays then $3,500.00 (weight loss body building) just for a month of easy work? And they can make easy money off him on an on going basis and be his stand-in on a hit show etc....

The brothers have no motive to have done this crime. It would be like killing the goose who pays---I mean lays the golden egg.

EDIT--------MY MISTAKE--------

I did realize that the brothers DO have a good motive to have committed this "crime" on Jussie......JUSSIE PAID THEM TO DO IT---- AND THEY WANTED TO STAY IN HIS GOOD GRACES.........Sorry brothers, guess maybe you "did" it after all...!!!!

Last edited:
That GMA interview will sink him, IMHO.

I hope so. That was bad acting 101.

The O Brothers don't have complete immunity? If Smollett doesn't go down for this, could they be charged? Then again, at their trial they would blame the entire conspiracy on Smollett. Checkmate.

These guys must be some major mental giants to get caught up in a drama like this.

The two brothers involved in the alleged hoax attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett are speaking out, saying through their lawyer, that they deeply regret the incident.

“My clients have tremendous regret over their involvement in this situation, and they understand how it has impacted people across the nation, particularly minority communities and especially those who have been victims of hate crimes themselves,” said attorney Gloria Schmidt in a statement.

2 brothers involved in alleged hoax attack on 'Empire' actor speak out

IMO, this is unquestionably a bias crime, as well as a hoax, and terroristic mail fraud. It would be very interesting if Jussie's is also charged under federal hate crime statutes. He specifically targeted "2 white men", when he had conspired with 2 black men to act as attackers. Especially given his comments in the GMA interview.

Charging this crime as a federal hate crime would go a long way toward real justice in hate hoax crime prosecutions in the future. IMO. But because it was a hoax, and "real" white men weren't harmed, it will probably not be charged as a hate crime. But it should be, IMO.

I'm anticipating charges related to the terroristic mail fraud "white powder" letter as well. There is only the one felony charge so far, but I don't think it's the last. There will be at least one more felony charge brought against him, IMO. Hopefully 2-3 more.

Good heavens-- there are articles on the net opining about him returning to hollywood work soon, getting future work in 18-24 months, and "putting all this behind him as an embarrassment" as long as he admits it and asks for forgiveness. An embarrassment?? I guess I should be beyond astonishment at this kind of drivel, but somehow I'm shocked at the lack of morality, conscience, and character every time. That's how some are justifying JS's actions-- an "embarassment". Like he had toilet paper stuck to his shoe or something. Oopsie.

5c6681149f2e5.jpg

Items removed from the brother's apartment in the Jussie Smollett case. Blurry but you can make out a few items, red hat among them.

.................ALSO....................
JUSSIE SMOLLETT DOESN'T THINK ENOUGH WAS DONE WHEN LETTER FILLED WITH CRUSHED ASPIRIN WAS RECEIVED AT EMPIRE OFFICES EVEN THOUGH THE FBI BROUGHT IN HAZMAT SUITS....

"Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told CNN that the letter, received on January 22 at Cinespace Studios, where the show is filmed, prompted a response from the HAZMAT unit.
Guglielmi said authorities determined the powder to be aspirin, but declined to give details on the content of the letter.
The FBI is leading the investigation into the letter, he added."

Last edited:
After JS's hateful hoax and everything he's said and done since then, should be an embarrassment for him. There's nothing he can say or do to save face, that time has passed.

Imagine going from being the self-proclaimed gay Tupac to being the gay Tawana Brawley.

Last edited:
I wonder what type of criminal offense it would be if LE found evidence to show JS sent the letter to himself? Is it a misdemeanor?

Photo of letter with envelope...(Note return address listed as MAGA and USA FLAG stamps are used).
https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/jussie-smollet-untagged-tgj.jpg?w=555&h=416

....My 2 Cents....They should check for DNA under the 2 stamps (from possibly licking the stamps.)
Since it is involved the U.S. ail system, it would be a federal crime, even if he mailed the letter to himself (which I'm assuming he did). His intent was not to mail a harmless letter to himself, but to scare people and to get attention for the "threats" in the letter/powder. It's a serious crime to use the United States mail to commit the wrongdoing and I hope it's not taken lightly.

jmo

I wonder what type of criminal offense it would be if LE found evidence to show JS sent the letter to himself? Is it a misdemeanor?

Photo of letter with envelope...(Note return address listed as MAGA and USA FLAG stamps are used).
https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/jussie-smollet-untagged-tgj.jpg?w=555&h=416

....My 2 Cents....They should check for DNA under the 2 stamps (from possibly licking the stamps.)
The mail would involve federal charges. I think all stamps are self stick now

Since it is involved the U.S. ail system, it would be a federal crime, even if he mailed the letter to himself (which I'm assuming he did). His intent was not to mail a harmless letter to himself, but to scare people and to get attention for the "threats" in the letter/powder. It's a serious crime to use the United States mail to commit the wrongdoing and I hope it's not taken lightly.

jmo

Thankx. Sounds serious. Anytime the Feds get involved it's serious. He addressed the envelope to himself but used his work address. Why not send to his home address? Well, that wouldn't bring any attention! Would defeat his purpose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!