IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mail would involve federal charges. I think all stamps are self stick now

Yes! Stamps are self sticking now. There is a tiny chance trace evidence got stuck to the stamp---- but I admit I'm over-thinking it, it's not a murder case after all!

And yes I forgot anything with USPS is Federal and the Postal Inspector gets involved.

I love Supt. Johnson and his blasts of realism... "If I were to pay someone $3,500 by check for a kilo of cocaine, I wouldn't write 'For Kilo of Cocaine" on the memo line." Also glad that he feels the same way that I, white as cream, feel about the little stunt with the "lovingly and loosely draped" "noose"...

The "butbutbut... he wrote it!" defense, is lacking, to say the least.

I am curious why this gets people so enraged ?
Why is this more upsetting than a girl who said that three black men raped her and she only got community service. There was a lot of fear in the community as well as police time spent on this

Smollett is holding up in a fancy Chicago hotel. Wants to avoid the press at this apartment.

Yes. And not at all bashful about dining out at a very high end seafood restaurant, instead of Subway. From a culinary perspective, things are definitely looking up for Jussie.

*Maybe he could experiment with ramen noodle recipes in the privacy of his high end hotel?

Jussie Smollett Seen for the First Time Since Arrest Going to Dinner With Family

DINNER Menu | Eddie V's Prime Seafood Restaurant

Last edited:
Why is this more upsetting than a girl who said that three black men raped her and she only got community service. There was a lot of fear in the community as well as police time spent on this

Because Jussie is a far left Trump basher cussing out Trump on his social media and he is a popular TV co-star and gay activist. Mix together = lots of publicity.

Every hate hoax "enrages" me, and "enrages" most normal, rational, reasonable people.

Susan Smith still enrages me. I think she should have received the death penalty. The SUNY Albany campus bus hoax trio enrages me, too. And Tawana Brawley and all her "supporters". And the Duke Lacross hoax. And the Rolling Stone UVA hoax. And the Covington Catholic students hoax. And Rachel Dolezal's many hate hoaxes. And so does Breana Talbot, who most definitely deserves prison time. And the numerous "white man pulled off my hijab" hoaxes. And the hate notes and graffiti hoaxes on churches and college campuses. And.....and....and....*hundreds*, if not thousands, of other hate hoaxes.

Hate hoaxes are especially vile, vulgar, and disgusting, IMO, and deserve *special circumstances* penalties that should include mandatory jail and prison time. I'd argue they should be charged at the federal level, just as federal hate crimes are.

Every hate hoax SHOULD enrage all normal, thinking people. Until we make the criminal and social penalties so painful that hate hoaxes stop happening, we haven't made any progress. We only encourage these narcissistic nut jobs to roll the dice on whether or when they'll be caught, and in the mean time, lavish "poor you" attention on their sociopathic psyches. There is almost no disincentive for hate hoaxes, and plenty of people, including high profile media and celebrities, who WANT these hoaxes to be true. To further their own warped ideology. That is what we need to work on fixing.

No hate hoax should ever be acceptable, or excusable.

Last edited:
Imagine a different, comparable scenario:

Jean-Claude Van Damme says he grabbed a burger during a flash flood at Hollywood Boulevard at 2 am when two black men carrying the book ”Becoming“ assaulted him, yelling: Kung Fu Panda! This is Obama country! You *advertiser censored**** Belgian son of a florist. Then they beat him, put a black belt around his neck, and pour Belgian fries sauce all over him while he has his manager on the phone, the burger is still intact. He does some martial arts moves and his attackers flee. He walks home with his burger, doesn’t shower, then his Karate trainer calls police. LAPD gets a special unit of 20 cops working full time to find the assailants. The following week, Jean-Claude gives Sean Hannity an interview. The media is all over it. And then, it all turns out to be a hoax.

Don’t you think it would be just as big news as the JS case?

Every hate hoax "enrages" me, and "enrages" most normal, rational, reasonable people.

Susan Smith still enrages me. I think she should have received the death penalty. The SUNY Albany campus bus hoax trio enrages me, too. And Tawana Brawley and all her "supporters". And the Duke Lacross hoax. And the Rolling Stone UVA hoax. And the Covington Catholic students hoax. And Rachel Dolezal's many hate hoaxes. And so does Breana Talbot, who most definitely deserves prison time. And the numerous "white man pulled off my hijab" hoaxes. And the hate notes and graffiti hoaxes on churches and college campuses. And.....and....and....*hundreds*, if not thousands, of other hate hoaxes.

Hate hoaxes are especially vile, vulgar, and disgusting, IMO, and deserve special circumstances penalties that include mandatory jail and prison time.

Every hate hoax SHOULD enrage all normal, thinking people. Until we make the criminal and social penalties so painful that hate hoaxes stop happening, we haven't made any progress. We only encourage these narcissistic nut jobs to roll the dice on whether or when they'll be caught, and in the mean time, lavish "poor you" attention on their sociopathic psyches. There is almost no disincentive for hate hoaxes, and plenty of people, including high profile media and celebrities, who WANT these hoaxes to be true. To further their own warped ideology. That is what we need to work on fixing.

No hate hoax should ever acceptable, or excusable.

Plus, let's not forget that whenever a hoax crime is uncovered so glaringly and blatantly it's got flags and whipped cream attached to it, you still get people insisting for decades ('cuz they never read beyond the original report; or because MSM buries the aftermath) that no, it absolutely happened; and will continue to insist so for decades.

It's been the same defense for as long as I can remember: "Well, it doesn't matter if it's true or not, because [this piece of basically fiction someone made up out of their head whole cloth] could have happened", and that's why this is important for us to talk about it."

No, I don't think so. The truth is important; when we are "having a discussion" about, basically, someone's piece of fiction; this gets us nowhere, because then people can't learn to tell the difference between the guilty vs. innocent person. We're so wrapped up in how allegedly evil it is to "rush to judgment" - when did "judgment" get such a bad rap anyway? If we didn't have "judgment" we would have no need for a "justice system" or laws at all!

I knew I was in the Twilight Zone when I was talking with a boss about jury duty. Said boss is a lawyer, and looked at me with every appearance of sincerity and said "I just can't imagine putting anyone in prison, can you?"

Me: Um.... (thinking... Nobody, really? You're a father yourself... no child molesters? No rapists? Nothing and nobody deserves prison time?)

It's not like he and I had been talking about "putting someone on death row". It's not like we'd been talking about "putting someone away for an ounce of marijuana." No, basically, as far as I could tell, I worked for a successful graduate of law school who didn't think we ought to have prisons - for anything! - and then I knew what I was up against as a conservative in New York City, lol.

squareandrabbet-- really excellent analysis above. It is astounding to me that whenever we have one of these hate hoax crimes, the conversation inevitably becomes not about how heinous the actions of the hoaxer are, and what the implications are for the people or class of hoax attackers-- but instead on the flimsy issue that "it could have happened". And the conversation pivots to the hoax victim/s, and what that "might" mean for future "potential" (anticipated) real victims. The faux victims get to keep on being victims. Indeed-- they are celebrated for being both victims of the hoax attack (intersectionality and all), and simultaneously excused for making a mistake, and being bashed for being called out, but heroic for "raising awareness".

And the *real* victims, the class of people, or individuals, who are being defamed as faux attackers, are continued to be viewed by many as perpetrators.

Almost no focus is given to the reputation or stereotypes of the imaginary attackers fabricated by the hate hoaxers. Imagine if 2 white men had actually been arrested and accused as a result of JS's hoax? Their lives would have been destroyed, and a lot of people would probably have been happy about that. Just like the Covington Catholic kids.

The message of every hate hoax is that we have so few actual hate crimes-- they are rare, that it is imperative to some that a few hate hoaxes "have to" be fabricated, you know, just to "keep the issue" in the forefront of media discussions.

This was the message of the terroristic letter in the JS case. When the terroristic/ white powder letter targeting JS sent, almost certainly by JS himself, to his workplace did not get the "right amount and type" of attention/ media outrage, this persuaded JS that he had to escalate his hoax game significantly. Double down on defaming his intended class of victims. Which is exactly what he did, according to the details of the felony charge.

If we focus on the heinous criminal behavior of those who plan and carry out hate hoaxes, who target and accuse innocent people, and not contort ourselves into knots about flimsy or imagined social justice issues, then we would have to admit, as a nation, that *anyone* who perpetrates a hoax is personally RESPONSIBLE for their own criminal behavior. Apart from whatever group or ideology they "identify" with.

If we condemn the behavior, and punish it at all levels of society and justice, then we move forward as a society together. And heaven knows, we can't be actually solving problems or fostering togetherness of purpose, right? Maintaining divisions is essential for ideological extremists to hold their power. That's why, IMO, these hate hoaxes keep happening.

If we are all responsible for our own behavior, good and bad, then self-proclaimed "victim" identity in a fractured subgroup doesn't really matter. We all become equal in the eyes of justice.

squareandrabbet-- really excellent analysis above. It is astounding to me that whenever we have one of these hate hoax crimes, the conversation inevitably becomes not about how heinous the actions of the hoaxer are, and what the implications are for the people or class of hoax attackers-- but instead on the flimsy issue that "it could have happened". And the conversation pivots to the hoax victim/s, and what that "might" mean for future "potential" (anticipated) real victims. The faux victims get to keep on being victims. Indeed-- they are celebrated for being both victims of the hoax attack (intersectionality and all), and simultaneously excused for making a mistake, and being bashed for being called out, but heroic for "raising awareness".

And the *real* victims, the class of people, or individuals, who are being defamed as faux attackers, are continued to be viewed by many as perpetrators.

Almost no focus is given to the reputation or stereotypes of the imaginary attackers fabricated by the hate hoaxers. Imagine if 2 white men had actually been arrested and accused as a result of JS's hoax? Their lives would have been destroyed, and a lot of people would probably have been happy about that. Just like the Covington Catholic kids.

The message of every hate hoax is that we have so few actual hate crimes-- they are rare, that it is imperative to some that a few hate hoaxes "have to" be fabricated, you know, just to "keep the issue" in the forefront of media discussions.

This was the message of the terroristic letter in the JS case. When the terroristic/ white powder letter targeting JS sent, almost certainly by JS himself, to his workplace did not get the "right amount and type" of attention/ media outrage, this persuaded JS that he had to escalate his hoax game significantly. Double down on defaming his intended class of victims. Which is exactly what he did, according to the details of the felony charge.

If we focus on the heinous criminal behavior of those who plan and carry out hate hoaxes, who target and accuse innocent people, and not contort ourselves into knots about flimsy or imagined social justice issues, then we would have to admit, as a nation, that *anyone* who perpetrates a hoax is personally RESPONSIBLE for their own criminal behavior. Apart from whatever group or ideology they "identify" with.

If we condemn the behavior, and punish it at all levels of society and justice, then we move forward as a society together. And heaven knows, we can't be actually solving problems or fostering togetherness of purpose, right? Maintaining divisions is essential for ideological extremists to hold their power. That's why, IMO, these hate hoaxes keep happening.

If we are all responsible for our own behavior, good and bad, then self-proclaimed "victim" identity in a fractured subgroup doesn't really matter. We all become equal in the eyes of justice.

Thanks! :) . And I absolutely don't mean to say that "these things don't happen", but that there is a difference in the gradation of "hate crime". While I don't think it's great that an overserved someone in a crowded nightclub might push past someone and say "Hey, watch where you're going, you f--!"; it's not on a par with Matthew Shepard (RIP); and to imply by the use of handwaving vagueries about generic "hate crimes" which people face daily in the dozens that they are the same, does everyone an injustice.

Personally, I want to hear "hate crimes are up an average of 8% in City Blank", and to see police blotters backing these statistics, if it is in fact so. I am a researcher at heart, and prefer facts and figures under any circumstance. I like knowing if we are in fact as a society "doing better" overall; because to imply that we're always doing worse, has to backfire on us at some point, with some deciding "hey, why should I bother to be enlightened, because clearly what we're doing isn't working; and the answer can't always be that I, myself, have to do more. Clearly at some point, it has to be "someone else" who's not doing enough to change things".

All of us want facts - that's the reason so many are angry. Jussie gave us lies, not facts. I wonder if his "reported" hate crime will stay in the statistics, or will someone have the decency to cross it out?

MOO

IMO, this is unquestionably a bias crime, as well as a hoax, and terroristic mail fraud. It would be very interesting if Jussie's is also charged under federal hate crime statutes. He specifically targeted "2 white men", when he had conspired with 2 black men to act as attackers. Especially given his comments in the GMA interview.

Charging this crime as a federal hate crime would go a long way toward real justice in hate hoax crime prosecutions in the future. IMO. But because it was a hoax, and "real" white men weren't harmed, it will probably not be charged as a hate crime. But it should be, IMO.

I'm anticipating charges related to the terroristic mail fraud "white powder" letter as well. There is only the one felony charge so far, but I don't think it's the last. There will be at least one more felony charge brought against him, IMO. Hopefully 2-3 more.

Good heavens-- there are articles on the net opining about him returning to hollywood work soon, getting future work in 18-24 months, and "putting all this behind him as an embarrassment" as long as he admits it and asks for forgiveness. An embarrassment?? I guess I should be beyond astonishment at this kind of drivel, but somehow I'm shocked at the lack of morality, conscience, and character every time. That's how some are justifying JS's actions-- an "embarassment". Like he had toilet paper stuck to his shoe or something. Oopsie.
He made this a Federal crime when he used the USPS to send that letter and perpetrate the crime. Federal crimes typically have harsher sentencing guidelines.

I love Supt. Johnson and his blasts of realism... "If I were to pay someone $3,500 by check for a kilo of cocaine, I wouldn't write 'For Kilo of Cocaine" on the memo line." Also glad that he feels the same way that I, white as cream, feel about the little stunt with the "lovingly and loosely draped" "noose"...

The "butbutbut... he wrote it!" defense, is lacking, to say the least.
Eddie Johnson is the real deal. Best police superintendent Chicago has had in many years.
JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members