IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This fee is well in line with fitness and nutrition programs for high profile individuals. I don't find this cheque to be incriminating whatsoever. I hope CPD has much more than this and the brothers testimony.
When I think of high profile, I think Denzel Washington or Tom Cruise, for example.

Jussie Smollett and the Nigerian brothers aren't high profile actors, trainers and nutritionists. Before this fake hoax, most of us here, hadn't ever heard of them. I wonder how many high profile nutritionist are supplying ecstasy. :eek:

The brothers involved in this hoax are Chicago born and raised. They are American citizens.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think people are allowed to self-identify gender and race, but I don't think they can choose a nationality. I wholeheartedly agree that Smollett's partners in crime are American citizens.

They identify as Nigerian though so I think to be p.c. they are called Nigerian in a lot of posts & publications. To do otherwise might seem rude? I don't question anything like that anymore-too many ouchie toes.

That's the confusing thing. I don't think I can legally self-identify as an Italian if I'm not born in Italy or hold Italian citizenship. Smollett's buddies are American citizens and they committed a crime in Chicago, so there's really no reason to pretend that they are from a foreign country or to consider any foreign citizenship. They are born and bred in the USA and that is where they perpetrated a hoax.

Technically, Nigerian-American might be a reasonable way to describe them.

I'm not convinced. They are American citizens. Ancestry shouldn't matter.

Since they are born in the USA, if they committed a crime in Nigeria, wouldn't they be considered American criminals? If they committed a crime in Canada, they would be considered USA criminals.

That's the confusing thing. I don't think I can legally self-identify as an Italian if I'm not born in Italy or hold Italian citizenship. Smollett's buddies are American citizens and they committed a crime in Chicago, so there's really no reason to pretend that they are from a foreign country or to consider any foreign citizenship. They are born and bred in the USA and that is where they perpetrated a hoax.
My hunch is that they are referred to as Nigerian because it was a mistake at first in the media and the mistake was re-emphasized because the brothers recently traveled to Nigeria and seem to have personal ties to Nigeria.

I also think it's a short-cut in saying the attackers were not white, as JS claimed they were. When the brothers are described as Nigerian, people immediately and rightly assume they are not white.

I wish the media would just describe the brothers using their names, but I think they will keep being referred to as the Nigerians.

jmo

They identify as Nigerian though so I think to be p.c. they are called Nigerian in a lot of posts & publications. To do otherwise might seem rude? I don't question anything like that anymore-too many ouchie toes.

I guess there are FACTS and there is PC. My preference is for FACTS.

Esp. when the brothers state that they are American citizens born and raised in Chicago.

JS permitted by judge to travel to New York and California while out on bail.

A Cook County judge on Monday allowed the "Empire" actor to travel to New York and California to meet with his attorneys, according to a spokeswoman for his legal team. Smollett’s lead lawyer, Mark Geragos, is based in Los Angeles.

It is common for people out on bond to be prohibited from leaving the jurisdiction without special permission.

Jussie Smollett allowed to travel to New York, California while awaiting trial

Jussie Smollett allowed travel to New York, California as case progresses

Interestingly, the media are no longer referring to the assault involving 'two white men' as they did originally.

Smollett was allegedly more than happy to point fingers at innocent white people, supposedly attacking him so why has the media changed it to 'two men'??

Please refer to the links provided above by K_Z

Except they were identifying Nigerian before this episode in social media.
Hope this isn't off topic but anyone know if those broke & famous type shows have to get permission & pay OR is it public record so free? Because this actor is going to be very famous IMO

Gay rights activist set fire to his own home in fake hate crime, Michigan police say

The Michigan case is gaining national attention alongside the situation involving Jussie Smollett, another alleged hate crime victim who became the accused. Authorities concluded the attack on Smollett was a hoax.

Authorities accuse Joly of setting fire to his own home and killing his pets, two dogs and three cats. He has been charged with first-degree arson, and a hearing has been set for March 8 in Jackson County Circuit Court.

"We determined it pretty quickly to be an arson," Elmer Hitt, Jackson’s director of police and fire services, said Monday. "We investigated it over, what probably was a year’s time before the prosecutor ended up issuing charges.”

Interestingly, the media are no longer referring to the assault involving 'two white men' as they did originally.

Smollett was allegedly more than happy to point fingers at innocent white people, supposedly attacking him so why has the media changed it to 'two men'??

Please refer to the links provided above by K_Z

Clearly, IMO, it's evidence of the contortions of media spin, who desperately want this hate hoax to be something it isn't.

PC laundering of the actual facts.

The media wants to change/ de-emphasize/ disappear/ deflect/ deny the racial hate aspect of the narrative against "two white men" fabricated by JS. Otherwise the media would honestly and accurately refer to the staged attack by "two black men" who have confessed to authorities.

Race has been a central and fundamental part of this hoax crime since JS thought it up, and in every single report of the crime and the hoax until today. Erasing it now is beyond disingenuous. Erasing the issue of the race of the 2 faux attackers is a lie with a purpose.

Especially since the "two black men", who are well known by now, have admitted and confessed to the conspired and staged hoax hate crime.

Authorities accuse Joly of setting fire to his own home and killing his pets, two dogs and three cats.

I lived in Jackson for a year while married. It was a quiet, small town. Population is currently 32k.

I had not seen this story before now. What an unlikely place to be looking for outrage (see below article.) Joly sounds completely evil.

Jackson gay rights leader accused of burning down own home

Church officials, Barbara Shelton and Bobby James, when asked by police about a possible motive for the fire, said Joly was disappointed the Jackson Pride Parade and Festival, held five days before the blaze, hadn’t received more attention or protests.

Chicago police say they have more evidence Jussie Smollett staged hate crime

[...]

JUSSIE SMOLLETT'S SIBLINGS DEFEND 'EMPIRE' ACTOR, BLAST MEDIA AS 'IRRESPONSIBLE'

Chicago police also accused Smollett of sending himself hate mail to the "Empire" set. The FBI is investigating the letter, which was reportedly laced with an innocuous white powder and "MAGA" messages. If convicted of mail fraud, Smollett could face up to 10 years behind bars.

[...]

Boy, I would not like to be JS, for he has nettled the police chief with his accusations, like flags to the bull. I’d be reacting a lot like the chief, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberts1979