Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AF is and was a drug abuser. She was basically paying for her divorce fees by getting him drugs in lieu of money.
He might have started out with coke, that was huge in the 80s. Add to that she is quite a bit younger and he probably felt like a real stud.:rolleyes:

The report for this was posted before I’ll see if I can pull it.
The doctor also said they weren't a forensic doctor so they couldn’t determine how he got the bruise. it could be a football, a dog, or a belt. I think this is part of a system failure. If he said Mommy hit me with a belt I think it’s reasonable to say that’s how it got there. So if a forensic doctor is needed to make the call why not have one exam him to begin with? If the doctor can’t state for sure how it got there does that limit what a case worker can do? I mean it seems common sense could have been used here but does that even get to come into play when making the call?

BBM. The doctor or DCFS should have ordered a forensic child abuse examination. The fact that they didn't is why the entire region is out-raged.

In Cook County, all forensic abuse examinations are performed at Lurie Children's Hospital. That protocol protects the integrity of the examination. McHenry County has similar resources.

AJ's murder is the worst failure of the system for no reason other than incompetents fail to do their job and there are no serious consequences for their failure. A 5-yo child is old enough to be successfully forensically interviewed by a trained investigator.

There were resources available. Why these incompetents aren't fired and being prosecuted is beyond me.

Forensic Interviews

I feel immense sadness for the grandmother......

I do too!!! Parents of adult druggies are just worn out from years of stress, worrying, the lies, and financially cost. The grandmother has raised one child and we don't know her physical condition, this kinda stuff takes its toll. I am sure she is devastated and combined with blame for not taking the other children. I pray for her.

I have several friends that have custody of their grandkids. These folks worked hard all their life, were outstanding citizens, had great retirement financial accounts and plans for a happy secure retirement.
They look 10 years older than their age, can't go anywhere, have become reclusive, stressed, many are dealing with cancer and are spend out of money. Some have taken on part time jobs in their 70s.

AF is and was a drug abuser. She was basically paying for her divorce fees by getting him drugs in lieu of money.
He might have started out with coke, that was huge in the 80s. Add to that she is quite a bit younger and he probably felt like a real stud.:rolleyes:

Oh, yes in the 80s cocaine was the drug of choice for the middle and upper income crowd. Stay up all night and party and use all day to get them thru work.

BBM. The doctor or DCFS should have ordered a forensic child abuse examination. The fact that they didn't is why the entire region is out-raged.

In Cook County, all forensic abuse examinations are performed at Lurie Children's Hospital. That protocol protects the integrity of the examination. McHenry County has similar resources.

AJ's murder is the worst failure of the system for no reason other than incompetents fail to do their job and there are no serious consequences for their failure. A 5-yo child is old enough to be successfully forensically interviewed by a trained investigator.

There were resources available. Why these incompetents aren't fired and being prosecuted is beyond me.

Forensic Interviews

Well, dang I learn something new everyday!!! I did check Virginia and we do offer training to LE and social workers. It's 5 day course, teaches interview skills.

Now here is a problem, why did DCPS, the ER Dr, and LE not know about this service. That's 3 professionals that failed.

Per cousin who worked for DCFS
“Illinois DCFS only handles intact family cases while they contract out foster care cases to other community child welfare agencies. AJ was with DCFS under intact family services so there is no one they came blame besides their workers.”
'Intact family' How Effed up is that?

The reality is he's a real dud - completely worthless scum. :eek:

I was reading this morning (no link) a few locals said that she was transported to the hospital last night in severe detox. They said she was back at the jail by this morning. JMO

This is a high profile case, everyone from the governor down. I am sure if addicted she is being treated and handled with kid gloves. LE and the DA do not want any claims of abuse or miss treatment to jeopardise the case nor any liability claims. I would bet, if she hiccups the wrong way they ship her to the ER. I am sure she knows this and could be using for a free ride to the ER. I'm sure the ER beds are more comfortable, she gets special attention and the food is better at the ER, some even give out ice cream. I'm sure the ER checks and documents everything, again liability, liability, liability!!!

Forensic Interviews
Thank you so much! I live one town over. I’ve seen the anger and outrage but I’ve been trying to get actual research and facts.

Forensic Interviews

Thank you for your reply. I live one town over so I’ve seen the anger. I was just trying to figure out how the system failed so when we go to vote we know what we need to look for. I was worried I wasn’t expressing what I meant well enough.

Wonder if he was dealing, as of late, maybe he felt he must comply with her or be busted? Idk
Is there a link she paid for legal services with coke? I hadn’t read any msm alleging she paid with drugs. Interesting. Tia

I do too!!! Parents of adult druggies are just worn out from years of stress, worrying, the lies, and financially cost. The grandmother has raised one child and we don't know her physical condition, this kinda stuff takes its toll. I am sure she is devastated and combined with blame for not taking the other children. I pray for her.

I have several friends that have custody of their grandkids. These folks worked hard all their life, were outstanding citizens, had great retirement financial accounts and plans for a happy secure retirement.
They look 10 years older than their age, can't go anywhere, have become reclusive, stressed, many are dealing with cancer and are spend out of money. Some have taken on part time jobs in their 70s.

This! I know of many grandparents who have custody of one or more of the grandchildren that have been taken away due to drug abuse. And they just keep having MORE babies, bringing more innocent lives into the world. They won’t take responsibility for birth control! Some of these Moms have given up to 4 babies! Time for sterilization.

Did AFsr fall madly in love with JC, unable to walk away from her? I don’t understand their relationship.

IMO - I think it turned into a classic, co-dependent enabler situation. She was a nut case and he was “more stable” compared to her. Thus he felt important because she “needed him”. Also, I bet maybe he would leave but she would lure him back in - in the ways that would first come to mind. Then just things got worse and worse. I bet he did a lot of cleaning up behind her. To the end and ultimate satanic way. That guy is such bad news. I listened to what he said to interviewers without watching. It’s unbelievable how matter of fact and monotone he was.

This is a high profile case, everyone from the governor down. I am sure if addicted she is being treated and handled with kid gloves. LE and the DA do not want any claims of abuse or miss treatment to jeopardise the case nor any liability claims. I would bet, if she hiccups the wrong way they ship her to the ER. I am sure she knows this and could be using for a free ride to the ER. I'm sure the ER beds are more comfortable, she gets special attention and the food is better at the ER, some even give out ice cream. I'm sure the ER checks and documents everything, again liability, liability, liability!!!

During WD, the last thing she wants is ice cream, or any food. She only wants drugs. The sickness experienced during WD is a deterrent to many that do try to detox.
She needs kid glove treatment for the sake of the baby. Moo
One child died as a result of head turning, best not happen again.

Wonder if he was dealing, as of late, maybe he felt he must comply with her or be busted? Idk
Is there a link she paid for legal services with coke? I hadn’t read any msm alleging she paid with drugs. Interesting. Tia
“In order to pay her legal fees, Cunningham , who was unemployed, was getting pills for Freund, according to the petition”...
from Patch.com.

IMO - I think it turned into a classic, co-dependent enabler situation. She was a nut case and he was “more stable” compared to her. Thus he felt important because she “needed him”. Also, I bet maybe he would leave but she would lure him back in - in the ways that would first come to mind. Then just things got worse and worse. I bet he did a lot of cleaning up behind her. To the end and ultimate satanic way. That guy is such bad news. I listened to what he said to interviewers without watching. It’s unbelievable how matter of fact and monotone he was.

Yeah, I’m sure she’s quite the temptress when she needs drugs.
Idk what his involvement is. I do think he could have made a dif’ & for reasons we will never understand, chose not to. Hope his sentence is equal to hers.

(Tysm @Midgie2 i missed some msm)

I hope she’s receiving medical care. As unhealthy as she is, the baby is probably better off monitored en utero for a few more weeks.

Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women and Methadone

Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding can safely take methadone. When withdrawal from an abused drug happens to a pregnant woman, it causes the uterus to contract and may bring on miscarriage or premature birth. Methadone’s ability to prevent withdrawal symptoms helps pregnant women better manage their addiction while avoiding health risks to both mother and baby.

Undergoing methadone maintenance treatment while pregnant will not cause birth defects, but some babies may go through withdrawal after birth. This does not mean that the baby is addicted. Infant withdrawal usually begins a few days after birth but may begin two to four weeks after birth.

Methadone | SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member