Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Methadone is abused. We had a few that had to report in to get their daily methadone, each time they were given a 2-3 day supply, they suffered great misfortune, their cars or homes were broken into.....nothing missing except the methadone. Bottom line, an addict can’t be trusted. Jmo

In VA they are seen in person daily, drug tested, even on weekends. This is general procedure for the drug clinics. Dr are very,very closely supervised if they are ordering methadone or suboxone. The BOM checks charts a regular basis.

Are there any scheduled announced court hearings, updates, etc.?

This discussion is becoming hypothesizing about drugs, addiction, DCFS, etc. and making well-intended but often misinformed generalizations and condemnations.
Not only is this about a heinous murder, It is about drugs, with a lot of supporting documentation..

Many MDs aren't gonna make the call of how the injury was incurred. This is not training they receive in school. They legally must practice in their scope of service otherwise they can be disbarred. Any good lawyer will say... And what qualifies you to make that judgement. Next, the family will sue and the BOM will show up to check your credentials. It's medical Law 101.

Ok I understand that. That’s why I’m asking why would DCFS even bother taking a kid into the general doctor and asking them what caused the injury? This can’t be the first time a doctor said they couldn’t say what caused it. It seems like if they keep saying they need proof to remove the child then they would have access the doctors who are trained. (Like the special training a nurse can get to do a rape kit.) It seems like it’s just a way to set a caseworker up to fail. If the policy is you need to bring the proof in order to remove the child. DCFS isn't helping their caseworkers by not requiring or providing the trained doctors to do so. That’s why I’m saying it seems like a system failure. I’m not saying it’s on all doctors to assume what happened more that the system doesn’t seem to make sense like it is now. If a doctor can’t confirm what happened for proof and you can’t take into account what the child says as proof how can you ever get the proof needed?!?!

In VA they are seen in person daily, drug tested, even on weekends. This is general procedure for the drug clinics. Dr are very,very closely supervised if they are offering methadone or suboxone. The BOM checks charts a regular basis.

Protocol is pretty much the same everywhere.
But, where there’s a will, there’s a way.
After a certain point, an addict thinks of little else other than where to get money or drugs. Most sentenced to mandatory treatment have no desire to be there. Moo
Some lie to the extent of claiming they are going on vacay, hoping to get an extra supply. We would have to prearrange an appointment for them with a clinic near their destination. We also provided lock boxes for those that had the misfortune of frequent thefts. They were to lock methadone or suboxone in the box, in trunk of their car. Of course the entire box would be stolen......
They had the worst luck.
Just like JC, having her Rx stolen. Like LE & pharmacist just got off the bus....., not seeing thru their feeble excuses to get more.

Last edited:
After a certain point, an addict thinks of little else other than where to get money or drugs. Most sentenced to mandatory treatment have no desire to be there. Moo

We can offer treatment but, under the rules of law we can't force them. Many, many times treatment is offered in lieu of jail time. Makes treatment look pretty good. I've had less than 3% of clients that are successful. I've had some that have tested dirty for 6 months because we have no room in the jail.

Forensic "doctors" are actual licensed as Pathologists, they don't work with the living.

Definition

Forensic doctors, also known as forensic pathologists or medical examiners, perform autopsies and examine evidence to identify the time, manner, and cause of death. They may take part in criminal investigations and testify in court.
I’m just going off of the doctor stating she wasn’t a forensic doctor so she couldn’t determine the cause. It just seems so hard to actually get the proof needed to remove a child if this is how it works. Trying to figure out what could be done to help prevent this in the future. How do we fix the system to actually work for the kids who need it the most??

Another week at least.....they had to come up with some story around Easter since Grandma probably was going to come calling....

I think they could handle her, not sure. I was thinking they’d tell her he was with an imaginary friend.
It appears they did consider not calling, as the call was made days later.
If grandma or anyone ever had AJ at their home, idk how they could return him......I could not. Not blaming them, just saying, it’d be difficult to return him to the heroin house of horror.

I think they could handle her, not sure. I was thinking they’d tell her he was with an imaginary friend.
It appears they did consider not calling, as the call was made days later.
If grandma or anyone ever had AJ at their home, idk how they could return him......I could not. Not blaming them, just saying, it’d be difficult to return him to the heroin house of horror.
I feel immense sadness for the grandmother......

We can offer treatment but, under the rules of law we can't force them. Many, many times treatment is offered in lieu of jail time. Makes treatment look pretty good. I've had less than 3% of clients that are successful. I've had some that have tested dirty for 6 months because we have no room in the jail.

You don’t have court mandated drug court?
Mostly we had teachers, attorneys, nurses & other professionals that preferred to attempt to salvage their jobs. It is a very stringent program, in my jurisdiction. They can opt out & go straight to jail, on to prison. Or, we’d opt them out, if they continued using, refused to work, broke rules, etc.

Some lie to the extent of claiming they are going on vacay, hoping to get an extra supply. We would have to prearrange an appointment for them with a clinic near their destination. We also provided lock boxes for those that had the misfortune of frequent thefts. They were to lock methadone or suboxone in the box, in trunk of their car. Of course the entire box would be stolen......
They had the worst luck.
Just like JC, having her Rx stolen. Like LE & pharmacist just got off the bus....., not seeing thru their feeble excuses to get more.

For those reasons is why VA doctors insist on the one a day program. If you are vacation, to bad, its not the clinics problem. The clinics are very strict and usually have a waiting list to be accepted. If they don't play by the rules, so long fair well.

The BOM will and does put the Doctors in jail. Its been the only way we can have some control. I can't wait for the Opoid Strike Force to start work in VA. Now, we are battling illegal drugs and gangs from NY, Mexico, etc with distribution.

Give him ten grand, he’ll sign on the dotted line.
I doubt they can use his physical appearance against him.
IMO, the child will need long term medical care, the person appointed to care for her will need to be most reliable. Perhaps family will adopt? Idk.

They can use 'gang' related tattoos against a persons requesting custody of a child.

Oh how in the world??? This poor beautiful boy, he looks so pitiful and sad. Was there other family members ie grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles that would have seen this?

It appears JC led an isolated existence, typical of an addict. Easier to hide, no questions to answer. Moo

You don’t have court mandated drug court?
Mostly we had teachers, attorneys, nurses & other professionals that preferred to attempt to salvage their jobs. It is a very stringent program, in my jurisdiction. They can opt out & go straight to jail, on to prison. Or, we’d opt them out, if they continued using, refused to work, broke rules, etc.

Judges/ BOM offer drug treatment in lieu of jail and if you fail or quit....Do not pass go... straight to jail. The BOM has a special, program with all kinds of hoops, and you can't practice until recovered. We monitor medical professionals for 2 years, the employer is notified and must participate in the oversite. So many employers, hospitals especially will not agree and fire the employee, the liability insurance will not cover claims if you knowingly hire or allow to work in a medical position. Some take reassignment to paperwork positions in hospitals, if you are a long term employee, got friends in the higher up, and stay clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield