Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AF Sr. took his cell phone to the police station saying it was hacked. Only to find out someone was using his Wi-Fi or connected to his phone via Bluetooth.

Paranoid much.......Wow!!!!

https://www.crystallake.org/home/showdocument?id=17706
IMO that’s indicative of meth or amphetamines more than opiates or heroin. But I think these two were using anything and everything they could get their hands on. I’m sure there were other crimes committed along the way. Drug users have no boundaries.

Reading the 100 death case report put out by AG and DCPS, I don't expect change. The first three case,studies make me physically ill.

In one, CPS went on unannounced visit, the infant wasn't home. Shortly, thereafter, was a fire in a warehouse, and the dead infant. They had stuffed the kid in the couch and sat on her, while CPS was there.

Sick.,,this is just sick!!!

Don’t read it my friend. It’s too distressing. xoxo

I couldn't find the original 2013 complaint/petition for custody by JoAnns mother, but here’s the article with all of the details about it including the reference of Andrew Freund, Sr. dressing up in a Army uniform and JoAnn pulling a knife.

~snip

“In addition, the child witnessed violent acts between Cunningham and Freund. The couple had weekly arguments that turned violent and involved Freund shoving Cunningham and Cunningham punching Freund. During one fight, Cunningham pulled out a knife and threatened Freund and Freund pushed Cunningham down the stairs, according to the petition.

In other instances, Andrew Freund would dress up in an army uniform and walk around the home with a gun in his hand, according to Hughes' filings. The fights, the child said, frightened him and made him fear his mom would be seriously injured.”

~snip

Court Records Show History Of Neglect, Drugs For Freund's Parents
Here’s the original petition. It’s 4 pages so scroll down to continue reading
Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

As someone who struggled with infertility, and has friends who would love to adopt, I wish this too. I was lucky, in that my birth parents' parental rights were terminated after abuse was found on an older sibling. There are so many people desperate to love these lovable kids, and the younger they can be united with loving parents the better, for everyone.

I’m too old to foster I think but I am checking into holding babies born addicted. There’s got to be some in my area. I could hold them for hours.

I’m too old to foster I think but I am checking into holding babies born addicted. There’s got to be some in my area. I could hold them for hours.
If you live near a Children’s Hospital, I think they usually have volunteer programs to hold addicted babies.
My aunt and cousin (who live in the city), both volunteer holding babies in the NICU at their local Children’s Hospital.

Last edited:
I’m too old as well. I’m looking into holding babies and also looking into volunteering to be a Guardian Ad Litem. There are too many children living in situations like AJ. They need all the help they can get and I feel it’s incumbent on people like us to try to help when we can. God knows the system isn’t helping them.

Guardian Ad Litem Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

With every new information I keep questioning myself over and over and over again why DCFS thought AJ and P had any chance to live a semi decent life with everything we’ve learn. Mom diagnosed with Bipolar disorder too - according to one of those articles. It just keeps getting worse and I’m just baffled that the authorities did not remove these kids from the home.

With every new information I keep questioning myself over and over and over again why DCFS thought AJ and P had any chance to live a semi decent life with everything we’ve learn. Mom diagnosed with Bipolar disorder too - according to one of those articles. It just keeps getting worse and I’m just baffled that the authorities did not remove these kids from the home.
I’m anxious to see the results of the review of DCFS handling of this case but I don’t have much hope of things changing any time soon. There are just too many children born to too many drug addicts and criminals. I wish, as another poster said earlier, people had to be licensed to have children. I’ve been scrutinized more when adopting a dog than these two were by DCFS! I know licensing parents isn’t anywhere near being constitutional but FGS something has to change!

@nyvictoria isn't that the truth! There was a 10 page adoption form when we picked up our last cat from the rescue agency. They required a home inspection, three references, and verification by our veterinarian.

The rescue agency takes better care of stray cats than DCFS takes care of children!

@nyvictoria isn't that the truth! There was a 10 page adoption form when we picked up our last cat from the rescue agency. They required a home inspection, three references, and verification by our veterinarian.

The rescue agency takes better care of stray cats than DCFS takes care of children!
That’s because the people who run animal rescues actually care about the animals.

Days later, I'm still sitting here wondering wtf made JC and AF Sr. believe they could get away with all of this.

Part of me thinks they were backed into a corner, so to speak, as far as reporting AJ missing goes. Another part of me thinks they were simply buying themselves a little more time and knew it was over.

Then again, I realize not being able to understand what the thought process of these two was and being on 'this side of the fence' is a good thing. I'd never want to align myself with the rationalization of such depravity.

McHenry County animal control division 'inundated' with calls of concern over dog removed from home after AJ Freund's death

Zaleski, a spokeswoman for the county’s animal control division, on Tuesday reported that Lucy is healthy and in a safe foster home.

She said there have been “dozens” of calls about the dog, believed to be about 8 years old. Many callers are asking to adopt or help in caring for her.

The dog was examined by a veterinarian and was said to be in good health with no illness or bruising, Zaleski said. She is not yet available for adoption.

https://www2.illinois.gov/dcfs/aboutus/OIG/Documents/OIG_Annual_Report_2019.pdf
Pg 94-96
A two week old infant dead by asphyxiation due to co-sleeping
Mother arrested for Reckless Homicide (she was intoxicated’j

The first investigation by DCFS:
“In May 2014, the mother and her paramour were investigated for inadequate supervision to her six-year-old; the mother was investigated for environmental neglect to her six-year old and three-year-old, after it was reported that the police were called because the six-year-old was left home alone for five hours. The home was “unlivable,” as there was trash all over, dead mice on the floor, and roaches. The investigator found evidence that the mother had been attempting to rid the home of mice and roaches and the investigation against the mother was unfounded.
The investigation against the mother’s paramour for inadequate supervision was indicated because the paramour admitted that he was in charge of watching the six-year-old and left the home.”
He was arrested for child endangerment. A safety plan was put in place.
While this investigation was pending,
in October 2015, it was reported that the paramour was drinking and passed out leaving the three-year-old unsupervised. The three-year-old was found wandering the streets and the paramour was arrested again for child endangerment.

8 (EIGHT!!!!) investigations later... repeated arrests of the boyfriend for leaving the children home alone, including one arrest that involved a gun. The mother assured the DCFS worker she would not let the boyfriend have unsupervised visits with the children.
Guess what?
The mother again lets the boyfriend back in the house. Then LE called to the house for DV incident involving boyfriend, mother and 10 yr old.

“The family agreed to intact family services, which was open at the time of the infant’s death. In February 2017, the mother was investigated and
unfounded for inadequate supervision to four of her children ages nine, six, two and four. The investigation was eventually expunged.

“...caseworker saw the family ten days before the infant was born. The worker did not know that the mother was pregnant. The mother had completed all services, but the intact case was still open at the time of the infant’s death due to the paramour not engaging in services. The investigator took protective custody of all the children in April 2018, after the death of the infant.”

Case after case of this BS!! It takes a death for them to act!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109