Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think JC is the boss in the relationship & Sr acquiesced to her?
Was he madly in love with her youth?
Did she demand he make more money, buy more drugs, threaten to leave, even bringing a new man to the equation?
Did they feed from each other?
I’m sure if this goes to trial we will get results from his neuropsychological exam. What prompted the court to order such an exam?
bbm
JMO but probably because of drug use. I could be wrong but I think it came out during the disciplinary proceeding that he was a drug user. They probably wanted to be sure he was capable of practicing law at all. The upside to his taking that exam is that he was obviously found to be just fine or they would have taken his law license away permanently. He won’t be able to claim his thinking was impaired when AJ was murdered.

Ex-husband of mother who is accused of killing AJ Freund tells of her prescription pill addiction | Daily Mail Online

'Our marriage started off well and it was like a switch flipped in her head,' when she started abusing the pills, Craig Summerkamp said.

'She was a decent person,' Summerkamp added. 'But then she got hooked on pills and it all went downhill superfast.'

Summerkamp said he and Cunningham were together for five years. They married on May 30, 2009 and he filed for divorce on January 28, 2012.

He said at the time she was nothing like the gaunt, stone-faced woman whose mugshot has been seen around the United States.

'She was beautiful— but then the drugs took hold,' he said.

Summerkamp said his ex-wife started complaining that her 'body hurt everywhere' and began taking painkillers shortly before their marriage.

'One doctor she was seeing even quit prescribing them to her and said if she wanted to keep getting these pills, she had to see a pain management person.

'We were only married a year or so before things started going south,' he said. 'At that stage I was out of there.'

JoAnn accused him of assaulting her — without any foundation he insists — and took him to court to get an order of protection. It was then that she met Freund, who went on to father AJ and another boy, Parker, who is now 4. Cunningham is currently seven months pregnant with her third child by Freund.

'She had the cops called on me for supposedly beating on her and at that point I was like 'I'm outta here.'

Summerkamp said he was shocked but not surprised to hear his ex had been charged with murder.

'I knew she wasn't all there in the head but I never thought she would go this far. I figured she'd end up in jail or something but I never thought this would happen. It was the path she was on with the pills and then I heard later on that she had switched to harder stuff and that was it.

'I just thank God we never had any kids together.'

Both Cunningham and attorney Freund were jailed for contempt of court during the divorce for removing items from the home in McHenry, Illinois, where she lived with Summerkamp.

Summerkamp said he allowed his wife to stay in the house after they split so her son, who was born when she was 17, and a boy they were fostering would not have to change schools.

'But she never got out, so that was another thing we had to go to court for, and Andrew Freund was staying there as well.

'One of the things in our agreement was she had to keep the house in good order but she totally destroyed it.'

During a court hearing in 2012, a neighbor described the McHenry house as 'pretty well trashed.'

'There was a hole in the wall in the laundry room, the washer had clothes in it — moldy clothes. The dishwasher looked like it had a fire in it, the stove had a fire in it too, lots of moldy food in there, very strong stench,' said Kathy Hayes.

Summerkamp got into the house through a window and 'bug bombed' it. 'There were maggots and fleas and all sorts of bugs everywhere,' he told a judge.

During one court hearing, Summerkamp said, the judge interrupted the case because Cunningham, who left home when she was 15, was 'obviously high' and sent her for a drug test.

'I could just see the downward spiral,' her ex told DailyMail.com.

After Freund was released but while Cunningham was still in jail, Summerkamp said he took her possessions to Freund's house. He said the attorney was marching around in an army uniform.

'I knew he had never been in the army but he was in dress uniform with medals and badges and everything. I can't remember whether it was a major's or a lieutenant colonel's but it was a high-ranking officer.'

Summerkamp filed for divorce alleging his wife was guilty of extreme and repeated acts of physical and mental cruelty. But Cunningham responded: 'I did slap him, which was wrong, but it is not extreme and repeated incidents.

'I am a very good person to everyone,' she added. 'And I have been to Craig too.'

'I'm just really happy that her mom got custody,' said Summerkamp who works for an air conditioning company. 'She did real good by him. She made sure he did very good in school. He was on the honor roll and was all-state for some sports. His football team made it to the state finals, he made it to the states for wrestling and she made sure he went off to college.'

Despite living three miles from his ex in a city of just 40,000 people, Summerkamp said he hasn't seen or talked to her since their last day in court.

'Through my lawyer she asked for my phone number because I switched phones and I was like: 'Oh hell no.'

Last edited:
I watched the segment on Daily Mail TV about JoAnns ex-husband, CS.

There really wasn't a formal interview with her ex, just two comments made by him. I didn't upload the whole segment because it was too long but just the portion that referenced him.
Can you tell us what he said? It keeps stopping when I play. Tia
Already answered. Ty

I’ve read some comments from a former friend/roommate of theirs that JC is very manipulative and controlling of AF. According to the friend, JC hit him in the face during one of their brawls with a table lamp and he was bleeding requiring stitches. The friend bandaged him up and told him that he needed to go to the ER to get stitches and then he should report JC for her abusive behavior. He replied that he wouldn’t do that because “JC has already been through so much”.

She also described AF as having “sadist” tendencies and said the place, and being around the two of them was like “living in a horrific nightmare”.

JMO

*Please delete if not allowed.
JMO I have absolutely no info to base this on but I’ve had the impression that she ruled the roost in that house. As far as not reporting any injury, I think unless they needed to call for “stolen” prescriptions, they steered clear of any contact with LE. When she called to report her’s stolen, she met LE away from the house. They didn't want LE anywhere near the house.

Last edited:
Ex-husband of mother who is accused of killing AJ Freund tells of her prescription pill addiction | Daily Mail Online

'Our marriage started off well and it was like a switch flipped in her head,' when she started abusing the pills, Craig Summerkamp said.

'She was a decent person,' Summerkamp added. 'But then she got hooked on pills and it all went downhill superfast.'

Summerkamp said he and Cunningham were together for five years. They married on May 30, 2009 and he filed for divorce on January 28, 2012.

He said at the time she was nothing like the gaunt, stone-faced woman whose mugshot has been seen around the United States.

Summerkamp said his ex-wife started complaining that her 'body hurt everywhere' and began taking painkillers shortly before their marriage.

'One doctor she was seeing even quit prescribing them to her and said if she wanted to keep getting these pills, she had to see a pain management person.

'We were only married a year or so before things started going south,' he said. 'At that stage I was out of there.'

JoAnn accused him of assaulting her — without any foundation he insists — and took him to court to get an order of protection. It was then that she met Freund, who went on to father AJ and another boy, Parker, who is now 4. Cunningham is currently seven months pregnant with her third child by Freund.

'She had the cops called on me for supposedly beating on her and at that point I was like 'I'm outta here.'

Summerkamp said he was shocked but not surprised to hear his ex had been charged with murder.

'I knew she wasn't all there in the head but I never thought she would go this far. I figured she'd end up in jail or something but I never thought this would happen. It was the path she was on with the pills and then I heard later on that she had switched to harder stuff and that was it.

Summerkamp said he allowed his wife to stay in the house after they split so her son, who was born when she was 17, and a boy they were fostering would not have to change schools.

'But she never got out, so that was another thing we had to go to court for, and Andrew Freund was staying there as well.

'One of the things in our agreement was she had to keep the house in good order but she totally destroyed it.'

During a court hearing in 2012, a neighbor described the McHenry house as 'pretty well trashed.'

'There was a hole in the wall in the laundry room, the washer had clothes in it — moldy clothes. The dishwasher looked like it had a fire in it, the stove had a fire in it too, lots of moldy food in there, very strong stench,' said Kathy Hayes.

Summerkamp got into the house through a window and 'bug bombed' it. 'There were maggots and fleas and all sorts of bugs everywhere,' he told a judge.

During one court hearing, Summerkamp said, the judge interrupted the case because Cunningham, who left home when she was 15, was 'obviously high' and sent her for a drug test.

After Freund was released but while Cunningham was still in jail, Summerkamp said he took her possessions to Freund's house. He said the attorney was marching around in an army uniform.

'I knew he had never been in the army but he was in dress uniform with medals and badges and everything. I can't remember whether it was a major's or a lieutenant colonel's but it was a high-ranking officer.'

Well, this pretty much confirms my suspicions that JC just wasn’t there anymore. I always got the vibe she was way deep into her addiction - more than Sr. I wonder why Sr. stayed with her. I know a lot of people think JC is worse, but I think Sr. had much more control than she did. She seems totally gone. I just wish they aren’t able to go the insanity plea with JC. She’s an addict, yes. She’s mentally ill, yes. But she had a choice. There’s always a choice to get help.

Both Cunningham and attorney Freund were jailed for contempt of court during the divorce for removing items from the home in McHenry, Illinois, where she lived with Summerkamp.

Summerkamp filed for divorce alleging his wife was guilty of extreme and repeated acts of physical and mental cruelty. But Cunningham responded: 'I did slap him, which was wrong, but it is not extreme and repeated incidents.

'I am a very good person to everyone,' she added. 'And I have been to Craig too.'

'I'm just really happy that her mom got custody,' said Summerkamp who works for an air conditioning company. 'She did real good by him. She made sure he did very good in school. He was on the honor roll and was all-state for some sports. His football team made it to the state finals, he made it to the states for wrestling and she made sure he went off to college.'

Despite living three miles from his ex in a city of just 40,000 people, Summerkamp said he hasn't seen or talked to her since their last day in court.

'Through my lawyer she asked for my phone number because I switched phones and I was like: 'Oh hell no.'

She was physically & emotionally cruel to her ex. This guy dodged a huge bullet!

I’d like to know why she left home at 15. It wasn't the pregnancy if the eldest son was born when she was 17.

....looking, lol.

I hope he was not playing some sort of perverse mind game with JC. Withholding then supplying drugs, in order to
Keep her around. WD is ugly, each time she started WDing the propensity for her to be violent was huge, imo.
Again, I think we will never know the truth. Even if they talk, how much will be accurate?
She’s so out of touch with reality.
Moo

Wonder if the father of the unborn child has been determined?
Can I Get a Paternity Test While Pregnant? | DNAcenter.com
Please look! :)
If we get any truth it will most likely come from him, I think.
Do you think P looks like him at all?

I wish he hadn’t left that foster child in her care though. JMO

He prob’ had no choice. She was, afterall, the mom.
Was the foster child not related to her?

What is really disgusting, in my state a person charged/convicted of animal abuse can not own an animal for X amount of years. So, why can one child be removed from an unfit person, but not another child! Wrong wrong wrong.

AJ should be frolicking in his yard with his little bro, chasing Lucy, looking for bugs, riding his bike, not lying in a morgue because of a freaking addict.

'AJ was loved by us with all our hearts,' family who cared for boy says in statement | Northwest Herald

Nearly two weeks after police discovered Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund’s body in a Woodstock-area field, those who knew the 5-year-old remembered him as a “loving and caring little boy” who lived a “brave short life.”

A St.-Charles-based attorney released a statement Tuesday on behalf of AJ’s family and caretakers. The civil attorney, Peter Flowers, did not specify how he is involved with the family members, who he said wish to remain unnamed.

“We, the family that lovingly cared for Andrew (AJ) during the first 18 months of his life and were then allowed to be in his life for another 26 months until the parents abruptly prevented us from having any further contact with him, want everyone to know that AJ was loved by us with all our hearts.

While we had him in our lives, he had a happy, fun-loving life. This smart little boy loved having books read to him, doing puzzles, his Thomas the Train, playing with his fire trucks, bulldozers, cement mixer and Ninja Turtles. He was very curious and always wanted to learn about everything.

He was, and will always be, our loving and caring little boy. With his brave short life, AJ made the ultimate sacrifice to save his younger brother and unborn sibling. His life shall not be in vain. AJ will always be our little superhero.

From the Daily Mail article.
BBM

WTH?

‘After Freund was released but while Cunningham was still in jail, Summerkamp said he took her possessions to Freund's house. He said the attorney was marching around in an army uniform.

AJ made the ultimate sacrifice to save his younger brother and unborn sibling. His life shall not be in vain.

This is what I said yesterday. IMO, he died a hero. A mini war hero, that fought the ultimate war.

Clearly the foster family hurts. I expect once they were cut off from AJ, they knew exactly what was going on behind closed doors. I also think they tried to alert DCFS, to no avail.

From the Daily Mail article.
BBM

WTH?

‘After Freund was released but while Cunningham was still in jail, Summerkamp said he took her possessions to Freund's house. He said the attorney was marching around in an army uniform.’

Yes, msm has reported Sr dressing in military attire armed with a gun. I’ll see if I can find the link. One article mentions JC was armed with a knife & pushed the fake military man down some stairs, iirc.

So many links to go thru, the article has been posted numerous times, looking as time allows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member