Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are all addicts. It is not about what kind of a man.....he is beholden to the drugs. People who know her describe her as relentless and nasty so I don't think there was an option to get her to move or take the kids. Her ex (in an interview) talked about her trashing a home (in similar fashion to this one) before he could get her out.

My understanding is that Sr. lived on the 2nd floor. JC and her boyfriend were in the basement. Sounds like flophouse-esque. I thought I read that there were rooms in the house that were for rent to others before AJ and P lived in the house.

Don't know about his license but his statement to police was that he had taken AJ to work with him the weekend before he was killed. Some have said he is doing real estate legal work.

Do you have a source for this? I keep seeing a lot of posts with no source or MOO/IMO added. I just realized we should be doing this.

Kristen Nicole‏ @KristeNicoleFOX

HORRIFIC: We’re getting more info about the death of A.J. Freund in Crystal Lake. An affidavit obtained by the NW Herald gives these details: * AJ’s father kept the 5 year olds body in a plastic tote bag in the basement for days before burying AJ in a shallow grave.

Kristen Nicole on Twitter

* The day AJ was killed police say Andrew Freund Sr. searched “child CPR” on his cellphone. * they also found a shopping list on the phone that included duct tape, plastic gloves, air freshener and bleach

Also on 4/15/19...AJ was punished for soiling his underwear, put in a cold shower for 20 minutes before being put to bed “cold, wet and naked.”

These details are really tough to digest.
1f494.png

D5hy2EsX4AACfMd.jpg

Here are details of how AJ’s father dumped his body.

D5hzSjoW4AI6SWz.jpg

Video of beaten 5-year-old AJ Freund on mom's phone helped crack case, authorities say

A video of a badly beaten 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy on his mother's cellphone helped crack the investigation into his killing, according to court documents.
The video on JoAnn Cunningham's phone, taken more than a month before Andrew "AJ" Freund's death, showed the boy had severe bruising on his face and body, and was berated for urinating in his bed, the documents alleged. And his mother allegedly searched online for "child cpr" the night of AJ's death, the documents indicated.

AJ's father, Andrew "Drew" Freund, said the boy was forced to take a long, cold shower and was put to bed "cold, wet, and naked" before being found dead, the documents read.

I hadn't seen this. I'm sorry if I missed it in the thread. This is awful.

Good question.
Why did he not pack the boys up & leave? Considering she had a new man in her life, what was keeping him in the picture?
I think they must feed from each other.

This is something I've always said to be true. If he were "healthy" mentally he would have never got with her, or it wouldn't have lasted this long if he did. They're one in the same.

It seems as if JC was the one doing more of the physical abuse, but if Drew didn't protect his child then something is very, very wrong with the two of them. That's the only way they could have lasted as long as they did. Kind of a "great minds think alike" kind of thing. They both thought what they were each doing was perfectly normal punishment and if the 5 year old would just act right then he wouldn't get in trouble so much.

I won't repeat how we all feel for Andrew, that part goes without saying.

Seems as if they cared a little more for the younger boy. I'm sure he was neglected but maybe not physically and/or mentally abused? Hopefully he is placed in a good home and doesn't become a product of the same DCFS system that was supposed to protect his brother.

I have no doubt that Andrew's death caused his unborn sister to be spared her life. I can't imagine these two in that home caring for a newborn. Getting up every couple of hours for a few months to feed the baby? No way.

If Andrew's little siblings have a better life, then his death will not be in vain. Of course it's up to DCFS at this point to make sure that happens.

I won't repeat how we all feel for Andrew, that part goes without saying.

Seems as if they cared a little more for the younger boy. I'm sure he was neglected but maybe not physically and/or mentally abused? Hopefully he is placed in a good home and doesn't become a product of the same DCFS system that was supposed to protect his brother.

I have no doubt that Andrew's death caused his unborn sister to be spared her life. I can't imagine these two in that home caring for a newborn. Getting up every couple of hours for a few months to feed the baby? No way.

If Andrew's little siblings have a better life, then his death will not be in vain. Of course it's up to DCFS at this point to make sure that happens.

PF was mentally abused by watching, hearing and seeing the aftermath of his older brother AJ being abused and living the way they did. I would bet my last dollar PF was physically abused as well. Maybe not to the extent as AJ was, but IMO he was physically abused.
jmo

This pair are sickening their mugshots radiate evil and JC is pregnant, was pregnant when she murdered her son. That. innocent child she is carrying, even though DCFS will take him at birth, will have a right to know where he came from when he is an adult. I dread to think of the affect that could have on him throughout his life.
She is a disgrace and never deserved to be called a mother.
Wish these idiots would stop killing kids, if you don’t want them just leave them on someone’s doorstep or a hospital or literally anywhere but stop abusing and murdering your children because you’re ‘fed up’ or drugged up. There’s no excuse, it’d save a life and the ‘parents’ a prison sentence.
There’s millions of people who would’ve took AJ in and loved and cared for him, the way he deserved. Unfortunately DCFS was NOT one of those people in this case, and sadly this failure led to a little man losing his life. I hope jobs are lost and AJ gets some justice, after the hell he lived in he needs to be treated with respect now in death.
More than jobs should be lost. They ought to go to prison five years minimum.
MOO

Personally, I’d like to hear a statement from the Judge that ordered AJ returned to the ‘hell hole on Dole’.
Ultimately, it was his decision. No Judge has to follow recommendations. Did he even read the back story?
I think it will go something like this. "Ummm well blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, Womp Womp.
MOO.

Anyone know if this murdering duo made any plans as far as moving from th ‘hell hole on Dole’, since they were beyond their eviction date?
Or did they mutually agree it’d be best to murder AJ and get state housing?
In dox I see nothing to indicate they were in the process of packing.
Pretty sure they planning on squatting.
MOO

During his interview with LE, Andrew Sr (Drew) told police that JoAnn had self-diagnosed AJ’s defiant behavior as Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
AJ was locked in his room for 5 hours, after being asked to wash the dishes and not stacking the dishes properly.

Also, according to Drew, he took AJ to the city with him the previous Saturday but he had AJ enter and exit the office through a separate entrance apart from his father so he wouldn’t be seen by coworkers in the law office. This was the weekend that JoAnn had taken Parker and stayed at the hotel.

See highlighted document below:

Can someone enlighten me as to why she took the child to a hotel?

I have a feeling that AJ was not with him at work, that he was probably tied to his bed during that time as punishment. I have a feeling there's something more to the bruises on his wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada