Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt she will be competent to stand trial. Yes, she is ravaged by her drug use. Yes, she will be forever altered. I just don't see her drug use and the impact of same being a reason that she is incompetent to stand trial. If long time addicts were considered incompetent there would be a lot people who are owed new trials. In this case the charges are many so I don't think she will ever be free again---which I think is not only the right outcome but the only outcome given her crimes.

I agree. Most criminals are drug addicts. She'll be spending the rest of her life in prison and it's exactly where she belongs.
jmo

Lots of heroin issues in McHenry County. Lots of non-response from DCFS. While the article states that DCFS has been working with the McHenry Co. Attorney's Office. It doesn't seem much has changed. Below are examples of issues that were in the article cited below.

"In the first case, Kenneally wrote that a DCFS worker in 2016 reported that an 11-year-old had provided a “credible” statement that someone was using heroin in his home. But still, “nothing was done,” Kenneally wrote. In another report from that home, two children found heroin and needles in the home, but again nobody from DCFS notified the prosecutor’s office, he wrote. Then, in 2018, an infant overdosed on heroin he found in the home while in the presence of his father, and had to be revived with four shots of the opioid reversal agent Narcan and taken to the hospital.

In the second case, a father was charged with aggravated assault and child endangerment after a road rage incident while his son was in the car. A DCFS report indicated that the child said that his father pulled out a gun and pointed it at the car next to them. But when a prosecutor contacted the DCFS investigator who reported the child’s statement, she said it was not her report and she never spoke to the child but was covering for someone else on that day. Kenneally paraphrased the investigator in his letter, saying she said, “this is what she gets for doing someone a favor.”

A year before AJ Freund died, a McHenry County prosecutor raised concerns about how DCFS handled cases in his county

I haven't read every last word of the documents released, but I've read a fair amount and I haven't seen JC diagnosed as bipolar.

They might try to use mental illness and/or drugs for a defense. Either way it won't do any good. MOO
So what.even if true. Lots of people are bipolar, they don't murder children. She chose to do drugs,and didn't get clean. With the chances she was given.
MOO

I have no doubt she will be competent to stand trial. Yes, she is ravaged by her drug use. Yes, she will be forever altered. I just don't see her drug use and the impact of same being a reason that she is incompetent to stand trial. If long time addicts were considered incompetent there would be a lot people who are owed new trials. In this case the charges are many so I don't think she will ever be free again---which I think is not only the right outcome but the only outcome given her crimes.

It might be some time before she’s returned to competency, imo.
First, she must deliver the baby she’s carrying, relinquish parental rights, then undergo a stringent methadone program that will keep her alive to answer to charges.

Andrew was ravaged by her.
MOO

It might be some time before she’s returned to competency, imo.
First, she must deliver the baby she’s carrying, relinquish parental rights, then undergo a stringent methadone program that will keep her alive to answer to charges.

Absolutely don't think she will ever be whole again but I can't see her as incompetent. I am not sure of the time frame but I think it won't be so dependent on time out of active addiction. (If she has any thought about her competency and ability to be put on trial she wouldn't terminate parental rights b/c she might think she'd get away with murder through incompetency and be released.) So, I don't think officials/lawyers will be able to put off any proceedings based on her addictions. Sure her lawyers might try but I can't imagine she will get leeway.

So what.even if true. Lots of people are bipolar, they don't murder children. She chose to do drugs,and didn't get clean. With the chances she was given.
MOO

I doubt any attorney will allow her to plead guilty & I think her addiction will be a big factor in her trial. It is her only defense, imo. Therefore, an attorney will jump on it.
She needs to re over from childbirth before transitioning to a methadone WD plan. Then, it will take time to wean her from methadone & prevent her from becoming addicted to it. All of this will cause multiple delays in her conviction, imo.

Absolutely don't think she will ever be whole again but I can't see her as incompetent. I am not sure of the time frame but I think it won't be so dependent on time out of active addiction. (If she has any thought about her competency and ability to be put on trial she wouldn't terminate parental rights b/c she might think she'd get away with murder through incompetency and be released.) So, I don't think officials/lawyers will be able to put off any proceedings based on her addictions. Sure her lawyers might try but I can't imagine she will get leeway.

She was likely advised to relinquish parental rights as she can’t actively parent from jail, imo. Plus, she is charged with murdering her child so her rights were pretty much gone, imo.
W/o a plea, I think it will be 3-5 years before she stands trial. Jmo

Bombshell dropped by States Attorney for McHenry Co.
A year before AJ Freund died, a McHenry County prosecutor raised concerns about how DCFS handled cases in his county

WOW!!!! I commend the LE and the Prosecutor!!! I have been very critical of LE. I was unjustified and so sorry. LE and Prosecutor were fighting for these kids, everyday!!!

The article brings up drug abuse and/with a program is not enough to remove them.

WOW!!!! I commend the LE and the Prosecutor!!! I have been very critical of LE. I was unjustified and so sorry. LE and Prosecutor were fighting for these kids, everyday!!!

The article brings up drug abuse and/with a program is not enough to remove them.

And AJ must bring it home to all that recognized the flawed system.

And AJ must bring it home to all that recognized the flawed system.

If the 100 death injury report for last year didn't change things, do we even hope?
So many of those deaths were even more horrific than AJ.

The media will move on to the next story. Its at least 2 to 3 years til trial.

I hope and pray AJ is the change !!!!

On the last thread someone poste JC is diagnosed as bipolar. I never read she was diagnosed, only that she was mentally ill. IMO, drug use would be far worse, if bipolar. Anyone know if she is bipolar?

Also, I posed a couple questions, one I’d like comments to; do any of you believe her defense will center around her drug use? In other words “my client was out of her mind”, or even her mental illness will be a factor? Tysm

A defense centered around her drug use isn't going to get her sympathy from the jury. I doubt she has much of a defense but if she pleads not guilty, I think she'll blame DCFS for not drug testing her during those several recent investigations which were decided to be "unfounded." She likely blame the father. AFAIK, there is no proof about who placed AJ in the cold shower nor who beat him. It will be her word against his. What I hope the DA doesn't do is make her a sweet deal.

JMO

If the 100 death injury report for last year didn't change things, do we even hope?
So many of those deaths were even more horrific than AJ.

The media will move on to the next story. Its at least 2 to 3 years til trial.

I hope and pray AJ is the change !!!!

Ita
And, fwiw, as my previous post reads, I think 3-5 years before JC begins the court process, unless she pleads.
This is not a case of simply sobering up or drying out.
We don’t know 100% the drugs she used @ time AJ went missing. With the popularity of fentanyl, I wonder if she might have gotten mixed up with it. The trick of the trade for a dealer is to get their client addicted, raising the price each week. In my neck of the woods, heroin was being laced with Fentanyl, we even had news alerts for specific jurisdictions., advising to not use heroin if purchased in ______ on or around _______.

No, I don’t hope. As you said, media will move on. How many more kids will die before JC goes to trial? Hundreds., imo.

Last edited:
A defense centered around her drug use isn't going to get her sympathy from the jury. I doubt she has much of a defense but if she pleads not guilty, I think she'll blame DCFS for not drug testing her during those several recent investigations which were decided to be "unfounded." She likely blame the father. AFAIK, there is no proof about who placed AJ in the cold shower nor who beat him. It will be her word against his. What I hope the DA doesn't do is make her a sweet deal.

JMO

I don’t think she has any defense. I think her team will use her addiction as a defense. Of course a jury won’t be sympathetic.
Yes, I see finger pointing, as well.
As far as the shower, reports are conflicting. I don’t believe AJ was able to stand in a shower. I think after his beating, he was placed in his bed (the one seized), succumbing to his injuries. Both adults were most negligent to not call 911 & get help, but they would not do so, that would have interrupted their life.

On the last thread someone poste JC is diagnosed as bipolar. I never read she was diagnosed, only that she was mentally ill. IMO, drug use would be far worse, if bipolar. Anyone know if she is bipolar?

Also, I posed a couple questions, one I’d like comments to; do any of you believe her defense will center around her drug use? In other words “my client was out of her mind”, or even her mental illness will be a factor? Tysm
Ex-husband of mother who is accused of killing AJ Freund tells of her prescription pill addiction | Daily Mail Online

In this article JC’s mother says she was diagnosed bipolar and is self medicating.
I just can’t believe the difference in how she looks now compared to five years ago in the pictures in this article when AJ was a baby. She looks at least 20 years older! Wow.

Bombshell dropped by States Attorney for McHenry Co.
This pretty much sums up what is wrong and it is ridiculous that the attorney, Boyer, at the end of the article makes excuses for behavior such as this. This makes my blood boil.

When prosecutors asked the DCFS worker to testify, Kenneally wrote, she said she wouldn’t be available because she would be “washing her hair.” After prosecutors were forced to get a court order for the DCFS worker to testify, the letter stated, the DCFS worker had a “hostile attitude” and could not answer simple questions about the case, including what the child said, where the conversation occurred or who else was present. It was unclear what happened to the criminal case, and Kenneally wouldn’t comment further on it.

JMO

I haven't read every last word of the documents released, but I've read a fair amount and I haven't seen JC diagnosed as bipolar.

They might try to use mental illness and/or drugs for a defense. Either way it won't do any good. MOO

Ex-husband of mother who is accused of killing AJ Freund tells of her prescription pill addiction | Daily Mail Online

Cunningham's mother Lorelei Hughes won custody of that boy who is now 18. During an application she described her daughter as 'mentally unstable.'

'She was diagnosed bipolar and self-medicates with painkillers she buys on the streets,' said Hughes.

Cunningham's mother Lorelei Hughes won custody of that boy who is now 18. During an application she described her daughter as 'mentally unstable.'

'She was diagnosed bipolar and self-medicates with painkillers she buys on the streets,' said Hughes.

I said many X she prob used any drug she could get, no matter its intended purpose. She’s a junkie & her only care in the world was to get more drugs to enjoy a fleeting moment of ecstasy. Nothing else mattered. Jmo

In this article JC’s mother says she was diagnosed bipolar and is self medicating.
I just can’t believe the difference in how she looks now compared to five years ago in the pictures in this article when AJ was a baby. She looks at least 20 years older! Wow.

I can. Half of her life has been dedicated to drugs.
She’s lost all concept of normalcy, her FB photos were absurd. What mom posts photos of her abused child, thinking no one will notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member