Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so deeply for that foster family. The pain of losing AJ and being so helpless - must be awful. Just like the Jordon Belliveau case, the foster parents had him his entire life and shortly after being home with mom he was murdered. Why are we removing happy healthy thriving children from loving foster families to go back to drug addicted murderers?? obviously not all are drug addicted murders but if the children are happy and healthy they should stay where they are loved and cared for. I am sure there are a million reasons in the legal system's eyes but in mine I cannot see it. In the Jordon Belliveau case the foster family did wind up getting Jordan's newborn sister afterwards.

If you locate an article, we can have Tippy Lynn add to the timeline at the beginning of the next thread.

Found it! BBM

Murdered boy's mom was former foster parent

In October 2013, JoAnn gave birth to Andrew Freund, whose toxicology screen tested positive for opiates and benzodiazepines. Andrew was removed from his mother’s care and DCFS was granted temporary custody of Andrew. He was placed with his cousin in what is called a relative foster home. At 18 months of age, the Court returned Andrew to his mother’s care. In December of 2014, Andrew’s younger brother was born and remained home with his mother JoAnn.

Found it! BBM

In October 2013, JoAnn gave birth to Andrew Freund, whose toxicology screen tested positive for opiates and benzodiazepines. Andrew was removed from his mother’s care and DCFS was granted temporary custody of Andrew. He was placed with his cousin in what is called a relative foster home. At 18 months of age, the Court returned Andrew to his mother’s care. In December of 2014, Andrew’s younger brother was born and remained home with his mother JoAnn.

Thanks - I added this to the Timeline:

December, 2014
  • PF was born

BTW, there is a huge gap in the DCFS timeline from the time AJ was born until he was returned, case closed. That was the space in which JC was pregnant with P and when he was a baby. I know a judge had ordered P’s name not be released at one point. I wonder if DCFS has left some things out of their timeline for P’s privacy? JMO

DCPS knew they had a MAJOR problem and has previously received media coverage and bad PR for previous deaths.

The LAWMAKERS and State Attorney General did nothing. They just wait for the press to die down and keep on doing the same thing.

They did a 100 death investigation report that I cannot even read without getting sick!!!!

He!! NO they ain't doing nothing. Talking heads and blaming each other.

JMO, until the talking heads and top brass are facing prosecution and financial ruin, we will not see change.

I agree that it's an enormous problem, and wasn't suggesting that double the amount of local residents offering to (or at least showing an interest in) fostering was going to turn a broken system upend. But, sometimes awareness helps. Sometimes small changes can, over time, lead to larger changes. It's certainly better than locals being up in arms in anger over a situation but doing absolutely nothing but sitting and stewing in that anger. (Though often even that at least produces awareness of a problem) If more people foster, the excuse of "we don't have anywhere to send these children we feel need removed" can no longer be an excuse; They'll have to come up with another and perhaps with continued local interest and involvement, more excuses can be squished in the future.

But I agree, definitely an enormous issue that isn't going to change overnight no matter how interested the public may be in seeing that change (unfortunately)
:)

That reminds me, what about the foster child? In the timeline reports regarding him were unfounded and expunged? Clearly the child was no longer in her care. Do we have know when that child was removed from her care? The circumstances?

Found it! BBM

So ridiculous, she could not handle one child, so soon she had two. Smh
P should have been ripped from her arms, imo, as he also suffered in that ‘hell hole’.

That reminds me, what about the foster child? In the timeline reports regarding him were unfounded and expunged? Clearly the child was no longer in her care. Do we have know when that child was removed from her care? The circumstances?

In the interview with the ex-husband, CS says they were fostering the child together. He allowed her to stay in their home for some time period for the benefit of AB a and the foster child, but then had to force her out for not caring for the home. The 2013 allegation from JC’s mother says at some point during the divorce, she moved in with AF. The divorce was final in December 2012 according to court records. I’m guessing the foster was removed from her care or placed back with bio family during that time period.

MOO

A.J. Freund: Ex-husband of mother accused of killing little boy says she’s a junkie who destroyed his home & falsely accused him of assault [Report]

Summerkamp said he married Cunningham in 2009 but divorced her in 2012. Andrew Freund Sr., the 60-year-old father of murdered boy A.J. Freund, was Cunningham’s divorce lawyer.

Prior to the dissolution of their marriage, Summerkamp said Cunningham at some point started complaining about body pains. After her doctor began prescribing her pain medication, she reportedly changed.

After their divorce, Summerkamp allowed the woman to stay in his home with her oldest son, who she gave birth to at age 17, as well as a son they were fostering.

Last edited:
This what is stated in the timeline DCFS provided at this link:
A.J. Freund DCFS Timeline | Child Protective Services | Child Custody

The Department’s first interaction with this family began in 2012, prior to AJs
birth. JS (maiden name C) mother of AJ was a DCFS
foster parent who had two prior unfounded cases in 2012. The first case was for
Inadequate Supervision and the second case was for Risk of Harm and Environmental
neglect.

06/07/12
DCFS received a hotline call alleging inadequate supervision. The​
allegations were that JC is abusing prescription drugs and neglecting
her foster child. The report was unfounded and expunged.

12/24/12
DCFS hotline received a call alleging environmental neglect and injurious​
environment as to her oldest son. The report alleged JC is abusing
prescription drugs and has mental health issues. The report was unfounded
and expunged.

It doesn't state when or if the foster child was removed from the home.

So, she’s appx 7.5 months pregnant, now?
Any day she could deliver, possibly. The sooner the better, imo.

How on earth was she allowed to foster, with no credentials?
I’d love to know the back story on the child she fostered & reason it was left in JC’s charge......thinking out loud.

I’d love to know the back story on the child she fostered & reason it was left in JC’s charge......thinking out loud.

This is what it takes to be a foster parent in the state of Illinois:

Foster Care - Foster Care

How do you become a foster family?
Foster families come from all walks of life and are needed all across Illinois. Foster parents must be at least 21 years old and can be married, in a civil union, single, divorced or separated.

To ensure your success as a foster parent, prospective foster families are required to:

• Participate in a home inspection and social assessment;
  • Complete 27 hours of training focused on foster care and the needs of children who are in foster care;
  • Complete a criminal background check of all household members;
  • Be financially stable; and
  • Complete a health screening that includes verification that immunizations are up-to-date.

When my son was sobering up from meth and in detox I actually thought he was brain damaged. I spoke with Drs and nurses on why he was acting like something with actually wrong days later. My son only did meth for a year give or take but he was super slow and I honestly felt like he was gone forever. I was told it takes time and he is ok now but I can only imagine years of drug abuse.
Still fit to stand trial if you ask me. Jmo.

I disagree with the statement that the sooner she delivers, the better. That would be a preterm baby and with that comes a lot more possible problems than drug withdraw.

Hey guys - sorry for not posting the source of the quote of JC being bipolar. It was from the interview with her ex-husband. Her mom said that in court when trying to get custody of her oldest grandchild.

Ex-husband of mother who is accused of killing AJ Freund tells of her prescription pill addiction | Daily Mail Online

Quote:

The Chicago Tribune reported that in court battles over the custody of Cunningham's oldest child, Freund was criticized because he 'frequently put on his army uniform and walked around the house with a gun in his hand,' scaring the boy who was then 12.

Cunningham's mother Lorelei Hughes won custody of that boy who is now 18. During an application she described her daughter as 'mentally unstable.'

'She was diagnosed bipolar and self-medicates with painkillers she buys on the streets,' said Hughes.

Summerkamp filed for divorce alleging his wife was guilty of extreme and repeated acts of physical and mental cruelty. But Cunningham responded: 'I did slap him, which was wrong, but it is not extreme and repeated incidents.”

Hopefully a local funeral home steps up, providing AJ with a wonderful service at no cost to his family. I can’t fathom a funeral home wishing to profit from AJ’s death. Jmo

Little P probably needs an abundance of things like clothes, toys & books. I highly doubt anyone wants any items from the ‘hell hole on Dole’. Moo

We only know P is 4, afaik. Iirc it was said she got pregnant with P during the time AJ was in foster.
I read in the comments for the fundraiser that an organization in town is paying for the funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia