Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From IL Foster Care - Foster Care:

How are licensed foster care and unlicensed relative foster care different?
Where it is in a child's best interest, DCFS and the courts may place a foster child in the home of a willing and able relative who is not yet licensed as a foster home. While relative foster families help meet urgent needs and provide some continuity in a child's life, it is most beneficial for relatives to become fully licensed as foster parents. During the period relatives are unlicensed, they receive significantly lower reimbursements for costs than licensed foster parents. DCFS strongly encourages all family members proving relative foster care to become licensed foster parents, but because licensure can take several months, many family members start out in the relative foster care program.

So JC could have been an unlicensed foster home, offering long term care to a child of some relation to her. Not unusual.

Last edited:
As soon as I’ve finished my research, I’ll load my links. It looks like JC will have no contact with the infant. The 24-48 appears applicable only in situations where the mom is able to retain custody, appointing a guardian during her incarceration. This is dif’ (thus far based on my research) as the woman here is charged with murdering a child & has a history of child abuse. The state might be able to have paperwork in order to take custody of the child immediately. Hopefully they can at least do one thing in a timely manner.
She could kill a newborn in seconds with a nurse in the room. As opposed as she was to foster care & her determination to get P returned, nothing she might try would surprise me, especially if she could prevent someone else from getting the baby. She’s pure evil. IMO, she deserves not one second of pleasure for the rest of her life, certainly nothing that might bring a smile younger face. Little AJ had little to smile about.

I agree 100%. Im sure there will be volunteers lining up out the door to offer that baby everything he or she will ever need including skin to skin contact on day 1. Cunningham shouldn’t even be afforded the opportunity to look at the baby.

It would be nice if these parents would make an adoption plan for this unborn child. Adoptive parents could be at the birth and have immediate skin to skin contact and let the bonding begin.

This pair are sickening their mugshots radiate evil and JC is pregnant, was pregnant when she murdered her son. That. innocent child she is carrying, even though DCFS will take him at birth, will have a right to know where he came from when he is an adult. I dread to think of the affect that could have on him throughout his life.
She is a disgrace and never deserved to be called a mother.
Wish these idiots would stop killing kids, if you don’t want them just leave them on someone’s doorstep or a hospital or literally anywhere but stop abusing and murdering your children because you’re ‘fed up’ or drugged up. There’s no excuse, it’d save a life and the ‘parents’ a prison sentence.
There’s millions of people who would’ve took AJ in and loved and cared for him, the way he deserved. Unfortunately DCFS was NOT one of those people in this case, and sadly this failure led to a little man losing his life. I hope jobs are lost and AJ gets some justice, after the hell he lived in he needs to be treated with respect now in death.

It would be nice if these parents would make an adoption plan for this unborn child. Adoptive parents could be at the birth and have immediate skin to skin contact and let the bonding begin.

Ita. And maybe things can work out this way. I have never heard of an addicted baby having bonding time, as crucial medical intervention is first & foremost to save its life. Once the cord is cut WD begins! Omg, I get sick thinking JC might get even a glimpse of the baby.

This pair are sickening their mugshots radiate evil and JC is pregnant, was pregnant when she murdered her son. That. innocent child she is carrying, even though DCFS will take him at birth, will have a right to know where he came from when he is an adult. I dread to think of the affect that could have on him throughout his life.
She is a disgrace and never deserved to be called a mother.
Wish these idiots would stop killing kids, if you don’t want them just leave them on someone’s doorstep or a hospital or literally anywhere but stop abusing and murdering your children because you’re ‘fed up’ or drugged up. There’s no excuse, it’d save a life and the ‘parents’ a prison sentence.
There’s millions of people who would’ve took AJ in and loved and cared for him, the way he deserved. Unfortunately DCFS was NOT one of those people in this case, and sadly this failure led to a little man losing his life. I hope jobs are lost and AJ gets some justice, after the hell he lived in he needs to be treated with respect now in death.

Exactly and we know people loved & wanted AJ. All she had to do was call them. Then, she could have lived her life with her needle stuck in the vein de jour, living in filth.
She deserves not one moment of happiness ever again. Hope she spends 24/7 crying, like AJ lived.

I wonder if the family that raised AJ for 18 months might be applying for custody of P & the baby? Only because they have an attorney, as we know from his statement.
rsbm
That might be the ideal solution. They’re aware of the challenges of an infant born addicted. They have a fairly good idea of the toxicity of the home life P endured. From the atty statement, it’s obvious they loved AJ. I hope they’re considering it.
The only caveat in my mind and maybe it’s not a huge concern, are they related to Cunningham?

rsbm
That might be the ideal solution. They’re aware of the challenges of an infant born addicted. They have a fairly good idea of the toxicity of the home life P endured. From the atty statement, it’s obvious they loved AJ. I hope they’re considering it.
The only caveat in my mind and maybe it’s not a huge concern, are they related to Cunningham?

Yes, they are, according to msm, AJ was fostered by JC’s cousin. I wondered even if she (JC) fostered her child, st one time.....like a helping hands situation? After 26 months, JC cut the foster family off, probably thinking they had reported her (like anyone cared) & they were trying to get AJ back. Hopefully, JC will live many, many years & wish she had given AJ to the only family that’s loved him.
It’d be nice if they could raise P & the baby together.
But, who knows if the baby will survive, her condition, etc.
I do think the foster family lawyered up to seek custody of P or they are bringing charges against DCFS? If they reported abuse & documented things, they could at least testify at JC’s trial. They must hate her. I do.

I certainly hope so!
ETA: apparently not! It can be grounds for removal of the child but it’s not a crime!! That needs to change!!

https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/illegal-drugs-during-pregnancy/

Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin’s health care providers are required to report prenatal drug exposure. Reporting and testing can be evidence used in child welfare proceedings.

From your link.^^^
Remember AJ was removed for testing positive.

Personally, I’d like to hear a statement from the Judge that ordered AJ returned to the ‘hell hole on Dole’.
Ultimately, it was his decision. No Judge has to follow recommendations. Did he even read the back story?

rsbm

As far as adoption, relatives generally get first chance, correct?
This is a really neat story:

Nurse adopts baby whose parents didn't visit her in the hospital for months

Chances are, the baby will be whisked away to the NICU due to complications of being addicted and JC won't be holding her. I disagree that JC holding the baby would be a good idea. She's being charged with child abuse and murder of her own child. Add in that that she's addicted to drugs and her hormones will be changing and shifting after birth as well as her situation (jail, not being able to see P and the baby, and having a mental illness), I'd said postpartum depression may hit her hard. It would be a huge liability risk to let her handle the baby. I just can't see a hospital allowing that. Maybe, if anything, they'll let her see her but not handle her in anyway.

Chances are, the baby will be whisked away to the NICU due to complications of being addicted and JC won't be holding her. I disagree that JC holding the baby would be a good idea. She's being charged with child abuse and murder of her own child. Add in that that she's addicted to drugs and her hormones will be changing and shifting after birth as well as her situation (jail, not being able to see P and the baby, and having a mental illness), I'd said postpartum depression may hit her hard. It would be a huge liability risk to let her handle the baby. I just can't see a hospital allowing that. Maybe, if anything, they'll let her see her but not handle her in anyway.

Exactly. They can show her a picture, if need be.
Do you realize if she held the infant what could happen in only seconds? She could suffocate, gouge eyes, throw her to the floor, punch her, any number of things.
Maybe because of high risk pregnancy a scheduled Csection has been planned & arrangements hopefully in the works for someone to be the “mom & dad”.
This is not about JC. Her parental rights are non existent & there is zero reason for the baby to bond with such a demented, savage creature, imo.
JC needs to be returned to jail ASAP & settle in as an inmate, only to be known by her number, imo.
I hope she’s a little more together at her next court date, reportedly she was upset. Tough crap. Who cares?
She sure didn’t care if AJ was upset or crying.
I can not even imagine what might have happened if AJ had not been murdered & JC brought the baby home. Omg
Which child would have been first on the hit list? I guess the baby could have easily been killed & blame AJ or the dog?

Last edited:

Another thing, we don’t know what other issues the baby might have, as if being fed heroin thru the placenta isn’t enough. So yeah, a battery of tests will be required immediately, imo.

This what is stated in the timeline DCFS provided at this link:
A.J. Freund DCFS Timeline | Child Protective Services | Child Custody

The Department’s first interaction with this family began in 2012, prior to AJs
birth. JS (maiden name C) mother of AJ was a DCFS
foster parent who had two prior unfounded cases in 2012. The first case was for
Inadequate Supervision and the second case was for Risk of Harm and Environmental
neglect.

06/07/12
DCFS received a hotline call alleging inadequate supervision. The​
allegations were that JC is abusing prescription drugs and neglecting
her foster child. The report was unfounded and expunged.

12/24/12
DCFS hotline received a call alleging environmental neglect and injurious​
environment as to her oldest son. The report alleged JC is abusing
prescription drugs and has mental health issues.
The report was unfounded
and expunged.

It doesn't state when or if the foster child was removed from the home.

I wonder if this report was from the ex, based on the references to RX abuse and mental health issues. Could this in any way contribute to DCFS somewhat dismissing the allegations under the notion he was just a bitter ex? Just wondering. MOO MOO MOO

ETA: BBM

For the health of the baby I sincerely hope not. It's is so unbelievably crucial how important kangaroo care/skin to skin is. Do I want JC to experience any sort of joy? Nope. Maybe they can sedate her so she never even knows she got to hold the baby. BUT for the babies sake (if she's healthy enough to have skin to skin) it's the absolute best thing for her and may send her home alive versus dead.

How Kangaroo Care helps mother and child
Research has demonstrated the benefits of Kangaroo Care. Per the Cleveland Children's Clinic in Ohio, "skin-to-skin holding stabilizes heart and respiratory rates, improves oxygen saturation rates, better regulates an infant's body temperature, and conserves a baby's calories."

This creates a number of benefits for the child, including but not limited to:

• Stronger heart function, due to stabilization of the heart rate
  • Improved breathing and respiratory function
  • Better delivery of oxygen to vital organs
  • Faster and more regular weight gain
  • Decreased crying and better sleep
  • Faster hospital discharge

I wonder if this report was from the ex, based on the references to RX abuse and mental health issues. Could this in any way contribute to DCFS somewhat dismissing the allegations under the notion he was just a bitter ex? Just wondering. MOO MOO MOO

ETA: BBM
Probably so! Just easier for the worker to assume so.

(So glad that little P was placed with the cousin, not bounced from place to place)

For the health of the baby I sincerely hope not. It's is so unbelievably crucial how important kangaroo care/skin to skin is. Do I want JC to experience any sort of joy? Nope. Maybe they can sedate her so she never even knows she got to hold the baby. BUT for the babies sake (if she's healthy enough to have skin to skin) it's the absolute best thing for her and may send her home alive versus dead.

How Kangaroo Care helps mother and child
Research has demonstrated the benefits of Kangaroo Care. Per the Cleveland Children's Clinic in Ohio, "skin-to-skin holding stabilizes heart and respiratory rates, improves oxygen saturation rates, better regulates an infant's body temperature, and conserves a baby's calories."

This creates a number of benefits for the child, including but not limited to:

• Stronger heart function, due to stabilization of the heart rate
  • Improved breathing and respiratory function
  • Better delivery of oxygen to vital organs
  • Faster and more regular weight gain
  • Decreased crying and better sleep
  • Faster hospital discharge

I’m all for this as long as it takes place with the adoptive mom.
It makes my skin crawl to think of any living thing having skin to skin contact with the brutal, savage murderer known as JC.
My guess is there’s zero chance the baby is not taken to NICU instantly.

Last edited:
I’m all for this as long as it takes place with the adoptive mom.
It makes my skin crawl to think of any living thing to have skin to skin contact with a brutal, savage murderer.

I whole heartedly agree! If the benefits are the same with an adoptive mom (or even another amazing mom in the hospital that just gave birth - I know I would volunteer!) then I’m all for it! But that baby needs every single benefit she can get within the first very few moments that the NICU just doesn’t give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13