Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, kaen. Crazy. ^^^
Regardless... children should not be forced to live like that.
MOO
Totally crazy. A great doctor but I would never feel comfortable knowing what I know.

I agree that children deserve better, much better. I find the whole low bar for DCFS in terms of household cleanliness.

When the home is foreclosed they will be given a date when their belongings need to be removed. If the belongings aren't removed the bank will hire a company to dispose of their stuff. The bank will then sell the home and if the bank gets less for the home than what's owed on the loan the Freund's will be responsible for the balance + all extra fees including the disposal of their stuff.
jmo

Due to the infestations, urine, feces, and the hoarding state, I believe the house would be deemed a health hazard and could potentially be demolished.

Let the house of horrors be brought to the ground.

MOO.

That “friend” they’ve been talking about in reports was there the day they called when he went missing. They told her they couldn’t find him and she urged them to call police. Red flag

Have to say I feel badly for this now ex-friend !

And it's good she's blocking calls from JC.
Although is it possible if she took the calls and had LE listen in; i.e. wired her phone --- LE could find out more information ?
What if she's calling the friend to tell her to have JC's supplier to smuggle drugs into the jail ?
Or hide any other evidence ?
Maybe that's too far out there.

It's sad that none of the DCFS employees or others who had contact with AJ (doctor at the emergency room, etc.) can be made to answer for their actions.
Just think that more people who failed AJ should be held accountable.

It's confusing to me, but the wording makes it seem like it was already sold and they're just dragging it out in court, stalling and buying time. If it was sold, I feel bad for the buyer who is now caught up in this, too.

I saw it was last sold in 1990 and they’re just now facing losing their home. It’s confusing. Maybe she was added to the loan in feb.

Have to say I feel badly for this now ex-friend !

And it's good she's blocking calls from JC.
Although is it possible if she took the calls and had LE listen in; i.e. wired her phone --- LE could find out more information ?
What if she's calling the friend to tell her to have JC's supplier to smuggle drugs into the jail ?
Or hide any other evidence ?
Maybe that's too far out there.

It's sad that none of the DCFS employees or others who had contact with AJ (doctor at the emergency room, etc.) can be made to answer for their actions.
Just think that more people who failed AJ should be held accountable.

I would feel sorry for the ex friend but I think she/he is hiding something too. She says she’s not close with them but she happened to be there the day he went missing. She also said she knew about the hot pot he poured on himself and did nothing.

HOW DOES AN INMATE MAKE A PHONE CALL FROM MCHENRY COUNTY JAIL?

Collect Calls

Almost every jail, including McHenry County Jail, will allow inmates to contact pre-approved friends and family members' phones by calling collect.

This is typically the most expensive way to contact people by phone and in many cases, it requires credit approval or a deposit to be made into a third-party phone company account through a contract with the jail.

Direct Calls

Many jails are now contracting with a third party service (for a fee) that is less expensive and allows your inmate to use their phone system to make direct calls to your land line or cell phone.

To find out about McHenry County Jail phone services, call 815-338-9396.

Some jails also allow sell phone cards directly to an inmate in the jail commissary store.

McHenry County Sheriff

I don’t think JC was able to call anyone......
Maybe the friend had some fake calls or possibly unknown numbers & assumed they were jail calls?
It takes a day or so to establish a call list, so I’m doubtful.
Wonder if anyone is sending JC money?

Last edited:
I would feel sorry for the ex friend but I think she/he is hiding something too. She says she’s not close with them but she happened to be there the day he went missing. She also said she knew about the hot pot he poured on himself and did nothing.

She could be innocent, but I have a feeling she knows more than she’s telling or is feeling guilty because she did and didn’t save him.

Due to the infestations, urine, feces, and the hoarding state, I believe the house would be deemed a health hazard and could potentially be demolished.

Let the house of horrors be brought to the ground.

MOO.

I have no expertise except from watching "Hoarders" on tv. For homes that have infestations like that there are inspectors who come in and assess the homes regarding all hazards. Oddly enough, not all homes on the show get condemned. It will be interesting to see what the outcome on this home will be. While I know that the community wants a park rather than that home or another home, the process of creating a park, funding its upkeep, and liability issues may be more complicated if there is not an entity coming forward to purchase it out right for that purpose.

SABBM

Is this the same friend who took the pic at the hotel with the healing burns and missing hair on his head ?
Was she afraid of JC and AF Sr., or do you think they have 'dirt' on her ?

The ‘hood is hoping a park will be established in AJ’s memory.

I recall reading that. The house is in a residential area with homes surrounding theirs, if I recall correctly.

There would be a lot of hoops, red tape, and permits needed but if the right people want it to happen I suppose it could.

MOO

I have no expertise except from watching "Hoarders" on tv. For homes that have infestations like that there are inspectors who come in and assess the homes regarding all hazards. Oddly enough, not all homes on the show get condemned. It will be interesting to see what the outcome on this home will be. While I know that the community wants a park rather than that home or another home, the process of creating a park, funding its upkeep, and liability issues may be more complicated if there is not an entity coming forward to purchase it out right for that purpose.

Well said, I agree.

MOO

I am NOT defending these monsters actions as they abused this poor child or allowed one to do so. But, I don’t think they intended him to die. They need to rot for what they did, but when he died I think they got paranoid because they were not expecting it. Them telling the other child about him falling down the stairs Kindve shook me. I feel like whatever happened was stair related and it went all wrong and since he had bruises/marks on him, they’d get pinned. I could be so wrong, but why tell a 3-4 year old that? They could’ve pushed him down the stairs even and not realized the danger. I just don’t think they meant to kill him. But, whatever happened led to his death sadly. She kept telling that woman “I just want my kid back” and was very frantic...I think that might’ve been real even given her actions of abuse.

found this back in the 2nd thread:
Found Deceased - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

[ so it looks like they found the storage tub on April 24th. I wonder if it Wass the tub the poor sweetheart was stored in?]

Posting for photo:

Hard to watch as evidence technicians brought out a storage tub, 2 paper yard waste bags, a shovel, and a mattress that presumably belongs to missing 5yo. #AJFreund @fox32news

Tia A. Ewing on Twitter

This breaks my heart so much. I’m not sure if I’m having a depressing time or if this is normal for me to hurt so much. I don’t think I’ve hurt so much over a child before and I’m constantly looking for updates and I’ve never done that before either. If this isn’t normal please let me know, I’ve just had a baby within the last year and I’ve had some depression. This is really hitting me hard.

Quite a bit of info at this link about AFsr. It looks like he owned a property management business (JCS Properties) in Crystal Lake at one time.
Mr Andrew T Freund SR current public records

I've seen some information about AF on social media, but not much. It's a bit odd that he has lived in the area for 30+ years and no one is talking about him.

Ex wife, older kids, used to work at XYZ law firm and was a great attorney? Crickets ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova