Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a social worker in my town/county living the same.....just sayin’. Her degree got her the job, not her domestic prowess.
I agree. People from all walks of life are hoarders and/or living in filth. I knew a medical doctor who had a serious hoarding problem that was destroying his nice 5 bedroom house.

When the home is foreclosed they will be given a date when their belongings need to be removed. If the belongings aren't removed the bank will hire a company to dispose of their stuff. The bank will then sell the home and if the bank gets less for the home than what's owed on the loan the Freund's will be responsible for the balance + all extra fees including the disposal of their stuff.
jmo
It was reported earlier that the house was sold at auction in February and that they were supposed to be out by the first of April. I'm assuming they got the eviction notice soon after the sale and that they were basically squatting and the buyer would have to go through the whole legal process to get them out.
Boats, sonar used but still no updates in search for missing Crystal Lake boy
Records show this home was foreclosed on and sold at auction in February, and neighbors say the family was supposed to move out two weeks ago.

I’m really confused, when was AJ last seen by someone outside of the dirty deranged duo?

Was he ever in public, at the grocery or out running errands or was he locked in his bedroom so she could make drug runs w/o being inconvenienced?

It was reported earlier that the house was sold at auction in February and that they were supposed to be out by the first of April. I'm assuming they got the eviction notice soon after the sale and that they were basically squatting and the buyer would have to go through the whole legal process to get them out.
Records show this home was foreclosed on and sold at auction in February, and neighbors say the family was supposed to move out two weeks ago.

And no one was going to buy that place, imo. No matter the deal they could get.
I’ve read the same, 04-04 was vacate day, iirc.
Laws did not apply to these two. They did what they wished.

If Drew had not reported AJ as missing, keeping his body in the home, how many years might have passed before anyone realized he was gone! It sounds like no one at the contractual law job Drew had knew about the kids or his personal life, JC had cut off contact with family. Would anyone noticed?

Also, since Drew did make the call, did he reach the point where he is tired of all the nonsense, deciding to give up? JC had pretty much moved on, at least emotionally, it appears. Did Drew fess up in retaliation?

That “friend” they’ve been talking about in reports was there the day they called when he went missing. They told her they couldn’t find him and she urged them to call police. Red flag

Interesting. The 4/29/2019 article below says they have a court date for a foreclosure procedural issue on May 10, 2019. But the 4/22 article says it was sold. Wonder if it was actually foreclosed in Feb or it is upcoming?

"In accordance with a Nov. 21 court order, the home was sold at a Feb. 22 foreclosure sale. Freund is trying to dispute the transaction and the matter is expected to pick back up in McHenry County court Thursday." Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald

Freund originally bought the property for $137,500 in 1990, records show. Although he successfully disputed a Nov. 21 ruling that allowed for foreclosure and sale of the property, the lenders are again looking to foreclose, claiming Freund and Cunningham haven’t properly disputed the allegations against them, or shown proof of payments. The pair must respond to the mortgage lender within 28 days, or risk losing their home. A hearing is scheduled to take place in McHenry County court on May 10. https://www.nwherald.com/2019/04/29/dispute-over-foreclosure-of-accused-murderers-crystal-lake-home-continues/a9abwh3/

I wonder if JC’s friend had suspicions?
Some parts of her statements make little sense, like JC calling her from jail but the friend blocked the calls. Jail calls are collect, are they not? Would calls always come from the same phone number? How did JC even get her phone number, I doubt she remembered it, since they generally texted & assuming the number was programmed in the phone.
The friend is supposedly concerned about her safety yet she’s active on SM in very large groups.
If she visited JC, did she find the house normal?
Did she find it normal for JC to self diagnose AJ?
All very perplexing, imo.

That “friend” they’ve been talking about in reports was there the day they called when he went missing. They told her they couldn’t find him and she urged them to call police. Red flag

It makes you wonder if they were just going to keep it hidden.

Attachments

• E3F102A2-B9A3-4E4E-8196-1CD6958B3B4D.jpeg
    E3F102A2-B9A3-4E4E-8196-1CD6958B3B4D.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 44
I
I wonder if JC’s friend had suspicions?
Some parts of her statements make little sense, like JC calling her from jail but the friend blocked the calls. Jail calls are collect, are they not? Would calls not always come from the same phone number? How did JC even get her phone number, I doubt she remembered it, since they generally texted & assuming the number was programmed in the phone.
The friend is supposedly concerned about her safety yet she’s active on SM in very large groups.
If she visited JC, did she find the house normal?
Did she find it normal for JC to self diagnose AJ?
All very perplexing, imo.

I think that friends story is strange. She had messages just 2 days before of JC complaining about her son and her son goes “missing” but there’s no report filed. Like I said “red flag” Like that wouldn’t be suspicious. If she wasn’t involved somehow than she’s not very bright.

I

I think that friends story is strange. She had messages just 2 days before of JC complaining about her son and her son goes “missing” but there’s no report filed. Like I said “red flag” Like that wouldn’t be suspicious. If she wasn’t involved somehow than she’s not very bright.

Ita

We know when things are not right......

I agree. People from all walks of life are hoarders and/or living in filth. I knew a medical doctor who had a serious hoarding problem that was destroying his nice 5 bedroom house.

Wow, kaen. Crazy. ^^^
Regardless... children should not be forced to live like that.
MOO

It's confusing to me, but the wording makes it seem like it was already sold and they're just dragging it out in court, stalling and buying time. If it was sold, I feel bad for the buyer who is now caught up in this, too.

Also find it weird his windows were drilled shut and Drew said it’s from him getting out but then claims during an interview he’s never run off before.

Right! Plus, when Drew discovered him missing.....the door had a lock from the outside, did he expect police to believe the first time the lock wasn’t engaged AJ left?

I think AJ was big enough to open the window, they were afraid he’d yell or scream, maybe alert a neighbor? I bet little AJ spent a lot of time staring out that window, wishing he could be out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova