IL IL - Barbara, 15, & Patricia Grimes, 13, Chicago, 27 Dec 1956

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not familiar with the murders of the three boys so forgive my ignorance. Were the boys molested?

It was reported that 2 of the boys were abused before the 3 were killed.

So police believe Ken Hansen also killed the Grimes sisters ? Why?

KH lived in the area and the way the bodies were found, stripped of clothing and thrown by the road side, the police believed it's the same MO. He was just another suspect among many others.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...th-hansen-helen-vorhees-brach-john-schuessler

It's a shame not even Elvis himself could shame the killers - or maybe Elvis making a statement did have an effect?

A famous celebrity getting involved may have unnerved them into ditching the bodies?

It's a shame not even Elvis himself could shame the killers - or maybe Elvis making a statement did have an effect?

A famous celebrity getting involved may have unnerved them into ditching the bodies?

YES!!! The teenagers are killers, maybe killed P&B in the heat of the moment, got scared, ditched the bodies? I doubt a professional killer would have sweated Elvis' pleas.

Would the fact that there was relatively little physical damage done to the bodies of Barbara and Patricia - I say relatively, in comparison to the extreme violence committed on victims by killers such as say, Jack the Ripper - also point to a younger killer or killer?

Not sure, Natasha. I am thinking of Sarah Kolb and Cory Gregory's dismemberment of Adrianne Reynolds body. Sarah and Cory were teenagers, yet after Sarah violently choked Adrianne, they came up with a way of disposing the body- involving a third kid, Nate, who died in fiery crash years later- dismembering it and hiding the parts in 2 separate places. Granted, this was almost 40 yrs after the Grimes girls deaths, but it's an example of what teens are capable of.

My friend was murdered by a 17 year old. He did nightmarish things to her.

I also know of a case where a 15 year old raped and murdered a woman. Her murder was ... I don't know if I can even describe it on here.

Anyway, I think (JMO) it is possible violence increases or becomes more focused as a person ages, but some murderers start in their teens already capable of horrible violence. But, they might go up from there.

I know my friend's murderer (when he was still free) had a terrible temper and would start physical fights even at work. (This came out in the media, I never associated with him.)

it's just a little puzzling why so little relative damage was done to the bodies of B & P by the killers.

What if it wasn't meant to be a murder but sexual assault, the girls were enclosed in a meat locker, the guys came back too late, the girls were frozen to death.

Maybe. It's the relatively little damage (apart from post-mortem animal bites) that intrigues me. The almost gentleness about it. It's almost as if the ice pick punctures were done almost as an afterthought.

Maybe. It's the relatively little damage (apart from post-mortem animal bites) that intrigues me. The almost gentleness about it. It's almost as if the ice pick punctures were done almost as an afterthought.

Natasha, you sent me a private message but I cannot reply to it as I am being told you do not accept private messages. Please check your account settings, thanks.

There may be a certain number of posts that you need before you can receive PM's ...... me thinks......

I will need to search for it- there is a YouTube video by a local Chicago radio talk show host made within the past few years that you may be interested in- he hosts a weekly program about psychic matters in that area. It's a journey by auto out Archer avenue in SW Chicago covering some of the supposedly haunted areas- he stops at the Grimes' sister's graves and later at the site their bodies were found.

I was just a kid when this went down but I recall my parents talking about it. I also recall an awful lot of fallout after the remains were discovered and when it became evident that they had not 'run off' with boyfriends as the county sheriff was suggesting. I think it ruined his political ambitions.

Here's a link to the YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p28uqoS-Iv4

There is a lot of other material in here not related to the Grimes sisters but he does visit their graves and later on, the site they were found. You can fast forward through other stuff if not of interest.

Here's a link to the YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p28uqoS-Iv4

There is a lot of other material in here not related to the Grimes sisters but he does visit their graves and later on, the site they were found. You can fast forward through other stuff if not of interest.

Thank you Snick, I found it very interesting seeing the area in a video format, the layout of the land and the actual spot the girls bodies were found. Another poster wondered how Prescott saw the bodies from the road, and after watching the video, there is no way he could have, the guard rail would have obscured the view. Also, the road doesn't come down from a hill for him to sight them from further away.
I'm sure the LE would have asked him those questions, maybe he was going to dump garbage or stopped and got out of his car for another reason, not anything suspicious. But he did go home and bring his wife back to witness his find, he must have had his reasons. jmo

Thank you Snick, I found it very interesting seeing the area in a video format, the layout of the land and the actual spot the girls bodies were found. Another poster wondered how Prescott saw the bodies from the road, and after watching the video, there is no way he could have, the guard rail would have obscured the view. Also, the road doesn't come down from a hill for him to sight them from further away.
I'm sure the LE would have asked him those questions, maybe he was going to dump garbage or stopped and got out of his car for another reason, not anything suspicious. But he did go home and bring his wife back to witness his find, he must have had his reasons. jmo

I wondered also about how he saw the bodies. Maybe he actually had stopped along there to relieve himself and happened to see them once he crossed over the guard rail- he didn't mention this or maybe the cops felt it best not to embarrass him by mentioning it. It is interesting- so far as I know that area is part of the city of Chicago but it is so desolate, even today.

I found the comments intriguing earlier that maybe they were killed by some High School boys who tried to pick them up and things went very bad. The coroner had inconclusive evidence as to what happened to them. The same poster speculated they'd been hidden in a cooler for a few weeks then put out there after things died down a bit. From the wounds it sounds that someone tried to make this thing look like a sex killing when it wasn't.

As you may have seen, the video also features a lot of ghost lore including Resurrection Mary - the hitchhiking ghost of Archer Avenue. That whole SW side of Chicago has a very strange feel to it. It supposedly is one of the most haunted areas in the USA. I drive through there sometimes when going the the NE US and am usually glad when i am out of there- and not just due to the traffic.

Hi there, just a few thoughts based on the Wikipedia page. I think that their autopsy should be re looked at if it hasn't all ready. This covering up stuff due to their reputations, is silly.
With the advancement in dna and testing and all if it maybe they could find the truth.
Is it possible that they may have been ruffied or some other drug. Mixed with alcohol. It seems to me that could explain a few things. They were clearly held somewhere.
I think it is wrong to cohurse a confession from anyone. I get that they want to get the bad guy. And they had no clue what to do.
I would also recheck that kid who failed the lie test.

Ok, so I read the whole thread. So the dishwasher Bennie. He worked at a restaurant with cooler refrigerator unit. And possibly a freezing unit. (Just putting that out there)
I find it very suspicious that the man who found the bodies went back to get his wife and also worked where it was a seasonal place with a freezer. Did he have an alibi? Was this why he went for the wife. Was she the alibi?
Now the guard rail pictures. There are so many people messing it up its a crime scene. It was wet and muddy maybe a skin of snow. Evidence could have been trampled. Or not found like foot prints. Kleenex or anything really.
If this case wasn't looked at as a advancement to a sherif to become mayor. Or people worried about what dad will think and say.
I wonder if the 15 year old would talk now.
They had to have died that night. Their idol spoke to them. They would have been in awe. And would have hurried home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back