Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think she would just vanish? As close as she and some of her friends were, as much as she liked her social life, as much as she loved being in constant contact (cell and texting), as much as they all claim she loved her boys? Come on! I just don't see it.
I know there are people that have done that, I just don't believe she is one to just walk away. JMO

I agree with you Snowzbunny. I do not believe she would just walk away.

I agree with everything you said but....I was thinking, and it's just my opinion, a theory....what if she was taking money each week and hiding it away for a long, long time, knowing she wanted out? Scott didn't know one thing about the personal finances of their home or the business. Why did she carry that huge Vera Bradley bag into the store while down south? What if it was filled with money and she didn't want to leave it at the RR home? Beth managed to take $8000 to buy Jenn a car to drive around, without Scott knowing about it (until recently) so, Beth was capable of getting her hands on money without anybody knowing about it. I've listed one example, there are others, where Beth was taking money with nobody's knowledge. I guess it's possible that she had the means (financially) to take off, but I just don't believe that.

To me, it is more likely that JW is lying, and there are so many reasons with all the holes in her story. None of what she says makes sense.

Well just like that car, she didn't hide it, she just did it.. if she wanted the money to leave she would have just taken it all at once, just like she paid for the car and place.. It is really sad
Hey if there was even a shadow of hope that she ran off I would be the first to admit and hope for that.. it is sure better than the sitting here with no hope :(

I like the bolded part. Tells me there is something brewing on the horizon and LE is gathering evidence IMO.

Should we consider this a clue as to who LE is looking at?

Joe Friday,
THAT'S exactly my point with the Match.com info......don't you find it odd with an anonymous tip called in (3 calls made, 1 call rec'd) to/from CS & McHSD, that I would be asked if I would testify (they didn't ask who I was/I'm anonymous other than their dispatcher/deputy caller IDs). How exactly would they contact me to testify?
Even more interesting is; I was asked if I was interested in the reward..... However, these may be standard questions on the CS form the dispatcher fills out. I feel this is a VERY strong clue into the type of relationship JW & BB had and what they were up to singly and/or together with a boyfriend & husband, however close they were. It is only a clue to private, secretive behavior & looking for fun/others.
Friends help each other; it's normally a 2 way street covering/helping each other.
There were 4 pictures: JW & unknown Man, JW & unknown female, & 2 of JW & BB. These ARE recent candid pictures in the fun/sun. I don't see many female profiles with a brother, ex, minor daughter or girlfriends. JMHO.

I know we don't have much to work with here to narrow down our WS theories. However, IMVHO if we look closely at the family/friendship dynamics & the obvious facts for JW & BB of lifestyles, interests, loyalty & the natures of the players occupations you can put together a pretty accurate picture to rule out the majority of the speculations JW & LW are throwing out there (possible sightings in CA, etc). Let's get back to the facts at the reno home, the Frosty Mug & right here in McHenry & Woodstock!

The match.com stuff adds an additional twist. Ive been a member on and off for a long time now. I have gotten so experienced that I can pretty much tell from reading even the most innocent appearing profile if someone is serious or wanting a hook up. You learn the hidden "rules" kwim? Pictures say a heck of alot. A profile pic with two women as described could be innocent but in the world of computer dating, it usually means a player. And the line about wanting to have fun. This is a "dating" site and some, like me, are there to date and maybe find someone who connects for long term. Our profiles are clear on that. You learn quickly that they have to be or you will be swamped with suggestive emails.. ive even gotten first emails with (i guess he was proud) naked pics attached.
Its a hook up site for those who want it to be. And, IMO, this is what JW's profile screams. And having BB in the main profile pic? Very suggestive to me. People seem to think because you have to pay for match that its safer for some reason. I just figure maybe they at least have a job. WOW. On this find. Thank you. But this case just gets more confusing. I will trust what those who knew her on here know more than I and this info completely changes the dynamics of "meeting someone". OMG Beth... where are YOU?????? Btw.. I think I have been very safe with internet dating and I have met some wonderful people.. but there are maybe 1 out of 50 emails that are not players. I have NO provocative pics. All of this is just my opinion.

Im with you Schwabie... back to the facts. Anyone know what they are other than Beth is missing? I have followed this case and still do not have a clue.

Not Beth..

I agree............I don't know Beth, but no way does that look like her. I have seen her pictures over and over in the last 7 weeks. I have one on the fridge I look at constantly. NO WAY!!! IMO

I know Beth. I will say, no matter what she was doing, she always talked to Scott. She never ignored his phone calls and she was always in contact with him. Even when she was with another man, which I have witnessed, if Scott called, she answered. When you hear people saying Beth was ALWAYS on her cell, making calls and texting...that is no lie. Literally, she was constantly on that damn phone, it was an addiction.

I find it hard to believe that she would take off. She is very insecure, very needy and needed to constantly be with her friends or someone. How does someone who uses her cell 24-7 vanish and NOT make contact. I don't think she is capable of doing that. She is not a strong, independant woman. My gut tells me when she last spoke to Scott, she really had intentions of being home later than evening or the next day. I think something happened after that, that changed everything. JMO.

Hi Always,

I understand your frustration & confusion, it's just shy of mind boggling, but I personally feel we're making incredible progress just this past week!! IMO

So many questions, so many tangents, great minds ARE putting together some of the pieces in this puzzle. IMO

1. Was BB with other men, in fact, before this weekend getaway?
2. We're all hoping & praying she's still on another cell phone, somewhere, able to talk & text, anybody. The chances are slim, but we can have faith.
3. What exactly, if anything, did JW do to reciprocate any of the $$, help, friendship, job, car, phone, internet, meals, cover, legal help/representation, rides to work, access to highly confidential info & attorney programs, etc she rec'd from BB/SB?
4. So is BB insecure, needy, chatty, expressive, dependent, not strong or independent? OR as she appears to most of us thoughout the last 7 weeks as sharp, classy, rich, loving, detailed, micro management material, fun loving, a great friend to others and an awesome Mother to her own & many other children?? Was JW the little sister she never had? I can relate to this natural nurturing instinct.

So many questions, it'll all come out. It's just a matter of time & patience.

Does someone have direct links to those profiles on the dating site? Thanks

The match.com stuff adds an additional twist. Ive been a member on and off for a long time now. I have gotten so experienced that I can pretty much tell from reading even the most innocent appearing profile if someone is serious or wanting a hook up. You learn the hidden "rules" kwim? Pictures say a heck of alot. A profile pic with two women as described could be innocent but in the world of computer dating, it usually means a player. And the line about wanting to have fun. This is a "dating" site and some, like me, are there to date and maybe find someone who connects for long term. Our profiles are clear on that. You learn quickly that they have to be or you will be swamped with suggestive emails.. ive even gotten first emails with (i guess he was proud) naked pics attached.
Its a hook up site for those who want it to be. And, IMO, this is what JW's profile screams. And having BB in the main profile pic? Very suggestive to me. People seem to think because you have to pay for match that its safer for some reason. I just figure maybe they at least have a job. WOW. On this find. Thank you. But this case just gets more confusing. I will trust what those who knew her on here know more than I and this info completely changes the dynamics of "meeting someone". OMG Beth... where are YOU?????? Btw.. I think I have been very safe with internet dating and I have met some wonderful people.. but there are maybe 1 out of 50 emails that are not players. I have NO provocative pics. All of this is just my opinion.

Im with you Schwabie... back to the facts. Anyone know what they are other than Beth is missing? I have followed this case and still do not have a clue.

hi sadnpod, great post! :)
so do you think these two had a certain purpose in mind other than just the garden variety "player" type intentions for advertising on match? i also dont think she just walked away from her life, like others have mentioned - its too complicated, if she wanted to leave she would have manged to do it all while living in the same manner that she has been accustomed to living up to now, no need to go into hiding or on the run. what reason would she have needed to do that for? even IF there was another man in the equation. from some of the descriptions i have heard, these (alleged) other men were not serious relationships where she would permanently take off with one of them. so in my mind the only other reason i can think of for her to go into hiding or on the run would be because of involvement in some sort of illegal activity... and i dont mean just casual drug use. it would have to be something major... which i havent seen any reason to believe that this is the case. and IF something happened and she did take off, why wouldnt have jw not went with her? i really dont think this is the case.... :(

Hi Always,

I understand your frustration & confusion, it's just shy of mind boggling, but I personally feel we're making incredible progress just this past week!! IMO

So many questions, so many tangents, great minds ARE putting together some of the pieces in this puzzle. IMO

1. Was BB with other men, in fact, before this weekend getaway?
2. We're all hoping & praying she's still on another cell phone, somewhere, able to talk & text, anybody. The chances are slim, but we can have faith.
3. What exactly, if anything, did JW do to reciprocate any of the $$, help, friendship, job, car, phone, internet, meals, cover, legal help/representation, rides to work, access to highly confidential info & attorney programs, etc she rec'd from BB/SB?
4. So is BB insecure, needy, chatty, expressive, dependent, not strong or independent? OR as she appears to most of us thoughout the last 7 weeks as sharp, classy, rich, loving, detailed, micro management material, fun loving, a great friend to others and an awesome Mother to her own & many other children?? Was JW the little sister she never had? I can relate to this natural nurturing instinct.

So many questions, it'll all come out. It's just a matter of time & patience.

I wonder too if JW and BB weren't involved in other matching sites, more off color unknown ones that are strictly for hookups? I get a lot of spam type email and some of them are for these type of sites. I definitely do not think that BB has left on her own, but I do think it's possible that she was hooking up with someone and it didn't go her way. Craigs list comes to mind, or Adult Friend Finder. Possible? No idea, just throwing it out there.

so do you think these two had a certain purpose in mind other than just the garden variety "player" type intentions for advertising on match? i also dont think she just walked away from her life, like others have mentioned - its too complicated, if she wanted to leave she would have manged to do it all while living in the same manner that she has been accustomed to living up to now, no need to go into hiding or on the run. what reason would she have needed to do that for? even IF there was another man in the equation. from some of the descriptions i have heard, these (alleged) other men were not serious relationships where she would permanently take off with one of them. so in my mind the only other reason i can think of for her to go into hiding or on the run would be because of involvement in some sort of illegal activity... and i dont mean just casual drug use. it would have to be something major... which i havent seen any reason to believe that this is the case. and IF something happened and she did take off, why wouldnt have jw not went with her? i really dont think this is the case.... :(

Thanks and yes.. it looked like advertising to me...

I agree with everything you said but....I was thinking, and it's just my opinion, a theory....what if she was taking money each week and hiding it away for a long, long time, knowing she wanted out? Scott didn't know one thing about the personal finances of their home or the business. Why did she carry that huge Vera Bradley bag into the store while down south? What if it was filled with money and she didn't want to leave it at the RR home? Beth managed to take $8000 to buy Jenn a car to drive around, without Scott knowing about it (until recently) so, Beth was capable of getting her hands on money without anybody knowing about it. I've listed one example, there are others, where Beth was taking money with nobody's knowledge. I guess it's possible that she had the means (financially) to take off, but I just don't believe that.

To me, it is more likely that JW is lying, and there are so many reasons with all the holes in her story. None of what she says makes sense.

respectfully snipped:
Do we know 100% that she was indeed in a store carrying that bag? IIRC, it was stated she was "seen" in the IGA supermarket in Centralia with the bag. Now it seems that LE doesn't even think she ever was in Centralia??? Or am I just confused?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...072738#!/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall

paraphrased:
AM, Sher, RM, KB I have contacted Disclosure News & they have gotten back to me stating they have called numbers to contact you all to get the TRUE FACTS but no one called them back. They messaged me.
Posts go on to say that it must have been AM and SB they contacted without a response but that they are still interested in the story.

Again.. seems to me she wants to be away and seems to me the people who should care the most just dont.

respectfully snip'd

Sorry, but I think you need to go back and read this post again..
AGM states she HAS spoke with their online publication some time ago and even goes on to say she even believe that Scott did as well.
The last comment RD say AM & SB may have been the one's who spoke to them.
No where does it say what you have said in bold.

Everyone does care and many of us have put in many hours everyday besides trying to keep up with our normal everyday lives. It has been a tremendous hardship on everyone.

so do you think these two had a certain purpose in mind other than just the garden variety "player" type intentions for advertising on match?

respectfully snip'd

Where on this profile does it even suggest these are TWO women looking to hook up? JW discription only speaks of herself from what I read, nothing of the other people in the pictures with her.
JW just used the picture that included BB in it. I also remember someone saying that one picture was her with her sister or child are we to assmune she was also looking to hook up with them too since they are in the pictures as well??
I have included pictures of myself and friends before on these type site, as many do on these sites because they like that picture of themself.

Do we know who was at the reno house that weekend and how they got there?

BB and JW were in the rental car. RR? was NR also there? How did they arrive and when?

respectfully snip'd

Where on this profile does it even suggest these are TWO women looking to hook up? JW discription only speaks of herself from what I read, nothing of the other people in the pictures with her.
JW just used the picture that included BB in it. I also remember someone saying that one picture was her with her sister or child are we to assmune she was also looking to hook up with them too since they are in the pictures as well??
I have included pictures of myself and friends before on these type site, as many do on these sites because they like that picture of themself.

sorry if i offended you :) but since no one knows what happened then i dont see the problem with thinking of all possible scenarios.... i did not state that she was for a FACT doing anything - simply considering the possibilities. that is what this thread is for - sometimes it may be hard for family and friends to participate in the "discussion" thread. there is also a family support area too where things like this are not discussed.

Trust for Bentley Donations
Beth Bentley is still missing!

A trust has been established to accept donations to fund search efforts to find Beth, and a bank account exists at CHASE Bank. Facebook administrators of the Beth Bentley-Missing pages have told readers that the trust is available to be read, but requests to read it go unanswered.

http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/07/trust-for-bentley-donations.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member