Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Beth ever left Mt. Vernon. IMO she is still there and JW knows exactly where she is at -or- who put her where she is currently at if JW doesn't know the exact location.

JMO

ETA: Someone give me one good reason why Beth would not have a bf meet her at the reno house?
There was nothing to lose by allowing a bf to know the location of the reno house.
And it makes no sense this person would be arriving by train, because they still would need transporation - which would be the rental car with BB or the BF driving while JW was at the reno house with RR. IF the train station really fit into this in any way.

Just more thinking outloud and JMO

Cubby, and why would BB wait until the end of the weekend to meet up with someone else?

Cubby, and why would BB wait until the end of the weekend to meet up with someone else?

She wouldn't. And she wouldn't meet him at the train. I don't think anyone is buying this story at this point. The chain of events as told by JW simply has too many holes and is too illogical to be a valid possibility of what happened to Beth that weekend.

On another note. I am so bleeping angry thinking about how much pain Beths youngest son must be in right now and thinking back about JW's comment about not causing the family or BB's children embarassment.

Is she kidding? I mean really, what is worse, this childs heart being broken over his missing mommy or some of his moms actions being embarrasing but finding the answers to what happened to her. I can't even imagine what is going through this childs head right now. All the fear of the unknown and what if's and JW is worried about how she appears to people? and not causing the family embarassment? What about the HEART ACHE and greif she is causing this family and especially this young child by NOT TELLING all she knows. And she knows a hell of a lot more than she is sharing. How anyone could allow a child to be in such agony over their missing mom. They have to have ice running through their veins. :furious:

My plea to JW. Take yourself over to the police station and TELL THEM -THE TRUTH- about EVERYTHING YOU KNOW. You story does not make sense. Just in the same way a little 7 year old child trying to lie to an adult does not make sense. Quit leaving this little child and his family to suffer! :furious:

JMVHO

BB might have simply told JW she was going to hangout with "someone" and she wanted to even possibly ride back with the "someone".

I don't think JW ever assumed that BB was not going to be seen again. I don't believe that is how it went down at all. Question: Did JW show up for work when she was supposed to? I wonder if SB asked JW, at work, where BB was. When was BB reported missing? I will assume it was SB that reported her missing.

We don't know that JW was not looking frantically around Mt. Vernon for BB.

We don't know if JW gave the LE access to her cell records.

We don't know what JW told the LE.

We don't know what she told SB.

We don't know what was really going on in BB's life prior to her disappearance.

We really don't know anything about Beth Bentley. The reason we don't is that we haven't seen too much of the people who do know her and do know what was going on.

This is the reason this is so frustrating.

My BFF was reading about the case (I asked her to. She isn't in to all the tru crime stuff.) and her question about the case is this...

Did BB feel trapped in her life?
It is hard working fulltime and living with someone. Especially when you work for them not with them. That in itself can cause alot of stress. She also wondered about the fact that we really haven't been told anything about the missing person (BB). We haven't been told her likes, dislikes, or whether she was or was not unhappy. SB eluded to something in his on- camera interview...

Who would have something to gain by Beth going missing?

Info on declaring someone deceased in IL - from an old article about Steve Fossett.

From the following link:

The line of presumed death isn’t written into our state laws as it is in some other states, in Social Security regulations and in the widely used Uniform Probate Code (which sets the line at 5 years), but it appears in numerous court rulings in Illinois, including, most recently, a 1982 opinion from the Illinois Supreme Court.
“The presumption of death after the unexplained absence of seven years developed after 1800,” wrote law professor Edward Sentell in an extensive 2004 article in Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Quarterly. “Prior to that date, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, an absent person was presumed to be living even though he might have been 90 or 100 years old at the time a question arose.”

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2007/11/missingdead.html

If there was a life insurance policy on Beth, no one can collect anything for 7 years.
If Beth was spending too much filing bankruptcy would be a more logical answer than murder.

more to come.

BB might have simply told JW she was going to hangout with "someone" and she wanted to even possibly ride back with the "someone".

I don't think JW ever assumed that BB was not going to be seen again. I don't believe that is how it went down at all. Question: Did JW show up for work when she was supposed to? I wonder if SB asked JW, at work, where BB was. When was BB reported missing? I will assume it was SB that reported her missing.

We really don't know anything about Beth Bentley. The reason we don't is that we haven't seen too much of the people who do know her and do know what was going on.

My BFF was reading about the case (I asked her to. She isn't in to all the tru crime stuff.) and her question about the case is this...

It is hard working fulltime and living with someone. Especially when you work for them not with them. That in itself can cause alot of stress. She also wondered about the fact that we really haven't been told anything about the missing person (BB). We haven't been told her likes, dislikes, or whether she was or was not unhappy. SB eluded to something in his on- camera interview...

I can give this some consideration. Why would Beth allow JW to drive the rental car back? If she planned on riding back with someone else why rent the car in the first place? Why not both of them ride down with RR?

I agree it is odd that none of Beths other friends have come out to confirm or dispute the statements made by JW. That is puzzling imo.

Why would Beth choose to leave without her son? And if she was willing to leave without her son, why like this? SB makes more than she does so even if Beth would be willing to not fight SB for custody - if a bitter custody battle would have been an issue - why not agree to allow him full custody or shared custody with her paying no child support? She was involved enough in her childrens lives to believe she enjoyed being a mother. It is not like there is any evidence she was unhappy being a mom even if she was unhappy in her marriage.

IMO the pressure is on JW. She really seems to want eyes off her and for people to beleive she is innocent in all this. So why not just spill it? Why make the excuses she can't say, or give more info on what she DID say. It really appears she is trying NOT to say much for fear the more she says the more it will implicate her. JW does not strike me as someone who would not flat out lay it all out I did this, this, this, this and this and gave this this this and this info to LE IF SHE HAD. It would not make much sense for SB to be telling JW not to share this.

JMO

Does anyone know how many children JW has and their ages? Please no names or genders, we don't sleuth minors at WS. I just have a theory I am working on but need more info to sleuth with to see if this theory is valid or not.

Do we know when JW moved from California to IL? and for how long she has worked for SB?

What year did SB and BB marry?

TIA

Another thing I find odd... very odd.

LW's FB comments about Beth loving the heat and it is HOT in california to try and imply Beth may have run off to Cali? Seems to me like she is trying to create a red herring. Yet she really has added nothing to support that theory.

JMO

Does anyone know how many children JW has and their ages? Please no names or genders, we don't sleuth minors at WS. I just have a theory I am working on but need more info to sleuth with to see if this theory is valid or not.

Do we know when JW moved from California to IL? and for how long she has worked for SB?

TIA

She has three kids, 21, 18 and 10,
BB and JW have known each other for 15 years, met in Cali when they both lived there. BB moved JW out here approx 2-3 years ago, because JW was in some sort of trouble and BB wanted to help her.

SB and BB married 5 years ago, but have been together for 10 years.

Not sure how long JW worked for SB, but BB got her the job because JW needed income to support her family. BB helped JW a LOT. Got her set up in an apartment, furnished it and bought her a car, that SB knew nothing about until just recently, because when JW got that ticket in Woodstock on June 23rd, SB was called because JW's car was registered in BB's name.

I am answering your questions so I hope I'm not going to get in trouble for posting this specific information. By the way, I gave Tricia my cell phone # and emailed her, but havne't heard from her yet. Just so you know Cubby.

TIA

JW has 4 kids total but only 3 with her, I don't know how to link it but someone that knows how to look the up court stuff in Cali can see why she doesn't have the other one. :waitasec:

I believe it was about 2 year ago that Beth moved her there..

2005 when they got married

I agree it is odd that none of Beths other friends have come out to confirm or dispute the statements made by JW. That is puzzling imo.

IMO the pressure is on JW. She really seems to want eyes off her and for people to beleive she is innocent in all this. So why not just spill it? Why make the excuses she can't say, or give more info on what she DID say. It really appears she is trying NOT to say much for fear the more she says the more it will implicate her. JW does not strike me as someone who would not flat out lay it all out I did this, this, this, this and this and gave this this this and this info to LE IF SHE HAD. It would not make much sense for SB to be telling JW not to share this.

JMO

In my opinion, the reason BB's friends are not talking is because they were friends with BB, and they didn't particularly care for JW when BB first brought her around. Count on that! Maybe as time passed, some of them may have come to tolerate JW, but at first, they did not like or trust JW.

I too agree that JW will do and say anything to divert attention away from herself. BB is not here, JW can say anything she wants that will support her story that she doesn't know what happened to BB. Unfortunately, JW's story doesn't add up. Maybe she's talked herself into believing her own lies because she can't live with the truth. I'm just saying. She cannot tell a detailed story because it's all made up, IMO. She continues to lie about her drug use, when clearly, there are many, many people on FB who know her, and all claim she does use drugs. Of course she's going to deny it, that is why she keeps saying "I'm a good person", "you don't know my lifestyle", "you don't know me". People talk to one another, you can find out a lot about somebody without ever having met them. JMO.

In my opinion, the reason BB's friends are not talking is because they were friends with BB, and they didn't particularly care for JW when BB first brought her around. Count on that! Maybe as time passed, some of them may have come to tolerate JW, but at first, they did not like or trust JW.

I too agree that JW will do and say anything to divert attention away from herself. BB is not here, JW can say anything she wants that will support her story that she doesn't know what happened to BB. Unfortunately, JW's story doesn't add up. Maybe she's talked herself into believing her own lies because she can't live with the truth. I'm just saying. She cannot tell a detailed story because it's all made up, IMO. She continues to lie about her drug use, when clearly, there are many, many people on FB who know her, and all claim she does use drugs. Of course she's going to deny it, that is why she keeps saying "I'm a good person", "you don't know my lifestyle", "you don't know me". People talk to one another, you can find out a lot about somebody without ever having met them. JMO.

Drug use or not, imo, makes no difference. Tons of people smoke pot or use drugs regularly for decades.... and live normal productive lives.

For the sake of explaining rumor and gossip, the discussion of drugs needs to be tied to beths disappearance or a reasonable theory on Beths disappearance. For example - and this is pure speculation and I am pulling it out of the sky- if Beth found out JW was involved in more than just using based on a drug bust or someone they knew being busted. Perhaps someone close to them was busted and Beth, working for an attorney, would know LE tries to go up the chain..... that might be reasonable if info was found to support the theory. Just saying they are rumored to use drugs without tying it to Beths case - is considered rumor or gossip.

I'm going to let the post stand for the sake of trying to clarify this for the newer members who are still learning the ropes of WS.

As for Beths friends, I have to disagree. IMO, they would not stay silent about someone they disliked making false statements about their missing friend. They would speak up and DISPUTE what JW has said about Beth. They wouldn't stay silent because they don't like JW, especially when BB is not here to defend herself.

JMO

JW has 4 kids total but only 3 with her, I don't know how to link it but someone that knows how to look the up court stuff in Cali can see why she doesn't have the other one. :waitasec:

I believe it was about 2 year ago that Beth moved her there..

2005 when they got married

To add a link, just copy and paste the link from your browser.
Please keep in mind we don't sleuth minors. If the info on the link has info identifying the minor child you are better giving an explaination without the minors name and info on where you found the info. If it was a simply custody case it probably is not relevent to Beths disappearance.

When coming up with info, theories etc. We need to keep in mind it has to be tied to or a reasonable theory to Beth's disappearance.

If members have a theory, sleuth it out. See if you can find facts supporting or discounting that theory.

hth

People talk to one another, you can find out a lot about somebody without ever having met them. JMO.

respectfully snipped by me.

As for this statement, sometimes depending on the source. There are people out there who will make up stories and say all kind of BS about people which isn't remotely close to the truth. And there are others who don't. It all depends on the source of the information. I for one can not stand gossip and can not stand to be around people who gossip all the time. If I want to know about someone I go directly to the source. In this case we can't go to the source because Beth is missing, but I would be very careful on what I considered legitimate info and spiteful gossip and rumor depending on how well I know the source.- if I was hearing something first hand.

It goes back to that saying there are always two sides to a story and the truth is likely somewhere inbetween.

JMO

Drug use or not, imo, makes no difference. Tons of people smoke pot or use drugs regularly for decades.... and live normal productive lives.

For the sake of explaining rumor and gossip, the discussion of drugs needs to be tied to beths disappearance or a reasonable theory on Beths disappearance. For example - and this is pure speculation and I am pulling it out of the sky- if Beth found out JW was involved in more than just using based on a drug bust or someone they knew being busted. Perhaps someone close to them was busted and Beth, working for an attorney, would know LE tries to go up the chain..... that might be reasonable if info was found to support the theory. Just saying they are rumored to use drugs without tying it to Beths case - is considered rumor or gossip.

I'm going to let the post stand for the sake of trying to clarify this for the newer members who are still learning the ropes of WS.

As for Beths friends, I have to disagree. IMO, they would not stay silent about someone they disliked making false statements about their missing friend. They would speak up and DISPUTE what JW has said about Beth. They wouldn't stay silent because they don't like JW, especially when BB is not here to defend herself.

JMO

Of course there are people who use drugs and lead normal lives. There are also people who do drugs, and accidents happen. Don't you think it's possible that they were doing drugs and Beth could have overdosed? Dont' you think JW & RR could have freaked out over it, and possibly hid her body to save their own butts from potential charges from the LE. If you supply drugs to someone and they overdose, you can be charged and sent to prison. The point I was trying to make is that whenever anybody attacks JW of drug use, she keeps denying it and in my opinion, she's lying.

I disagree with your statement about the friends being silent. You said "IMO, they would not stay silent about someone they disliked making false statements about their missing friend." How do you know JW's statement about BB were false? You don't know that. They could be true.

If you go back in here to Beth's first thread you will see a post from Radiant (a very good friend of mine) she is a long time friend of Beth's since they were 6 I think, she posted about talking to Beth just before she left on this trip, and Beth told her how happy she was in her marriage.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106049&page=12

There are a number of Beth & Scott's friends on the FB site they post just not continously. There are a lot of post in the beginning of the FB page for Beth with post and information about Beth.

JW does not work all the time just a couple days at a time.

I was contacted by someone who JW called on her drive home the next day May 24 @ 3:05, from Mt Vernon to Woodstock, he knows Beth he told me that's how him and JW hooked up. They talked for 33 mins JW never even mentioned Beth or that she was missing, that does not sound like someone who had just been franticlly looking for Beth

JW said herself yesterday BB didn't tell her anything and she never thought to ask any questions she just dropped her off.

SB reported Beth missing May 24 @ 10:58 pm, SB & the boys tried to contact BB & JW all day and evening neither one answered their phones.

JW has also never been active on the FB site or even posted the message to help find Beth, and get the word out. She posted twice the first day or so before the FB page was made. She hasn't helped at all..

IMO she hasn't because Beth never left Mt Vernon and JW knows this and where she is, or she knows who put her there.
Actions speak louder that words, and JW's actions SCREAM her guilt

Of course there are people who use drugs and lead normal lives. There are also people who do drugs, and accidents happen. Don't you think it's possible that they were doing drugs and Beth could have overdosed? Dont' you think JW & RR could have freaked out over it, and possibly hid her body to save their own butts from potential charges from the LE. If you supply drugs to someone and they overdose, you can be charged and sent to prison. The point I was trying to make is that whenever anybody attacks JW of drug use, she keeps denying it and in my opinion, she's lying.

I disagree with your statement about the friends being silent. You said "IMO, they would not stay silent about someone they disliked making false statements about their missing friend." How do you know JW's statement about BB were false? You don't know that. They could be true.

But didn't you say above BB's friends did not care for JW? If someone you did not like was saying crap about your friend wouldn't you stand up for that friend? Why would BB's friends not say a thing about JW? Obviously they have an opinion on why they didn't like JW, and now she has thrown their missing friend under the bus - a friend who can't speak for herself right now.

Wouldn't they even say something like we didn't like the change we noticed in BB's behavior when she hung around JW? I mean if these people liked Beth enough to call her a friend, she obviously had qualities they liked and they didn't like JW clearly they saw different qualities in the two women. I'm not trying to debate anyone's point or opinion, I am just trying to understand no one coming to BB's defense. The only other logical explaination is they were not really close friends that one would share the ups and downs in their life and confide in, but more like party friends. there is a huge difference, imo, in friends one confides in and friends they just get together with to go out party and have fun.

I do think it is possible and probably very likely some kind of accident happened that weekend. Whether or not it involved drugs, I don't know, but I do think it is possible JW and RR feared they would be held responsible and disposed of Beths remains. I do think if there really was another man involved JW would have found enough info on him she would have spilled info proving that story, or LE would have found enough info to locate any men Beth had communicated with and if LE could not clear them all, LE would have already changed her missing persons status to possible foul play.

JMO

If you go back in here to Beth's first thread you will see a post from Radiant (a very good friend of mine) she is a long time friend of Beth's since they were 6 I think, she posted about talking to Beth just before she left on this trip, and Beth told her how happy she was in her marriage.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106049&page=12

respectfully snipped. I could not find the post you were refering to from Radiant. If you can find it, you can click on the post number and that will open the individual post. If you copy and paste the link from that individual post, you can link the post you are refering too here. Hope that makes sense.

SB reported Beth missing May 24 @ 10:58 pm, SB & the boys tried to contact BB & JW all day and evening neither one answered their phones.

So in other words, SB never spoke with JW prior to filing the missing persons report on Beth and did not speak with JW until AFTER Beth was reported missing? Do I understand that correctly?

Do we know when SB finally first made contact with JW after BB went missing? Was it days later or only after LE contacted JW regarding BB's disappearance? Did JW make contact with SB prior to LE contacting her? Do we know?

tia

JW's not having a time she was supposed to pick up Beth (if she dropped her off) and leaving Mt. Vernon without a concern for Beths whereabouts is very alarming.

You know it would be very very interesting to see call logs from both BEth and JW's phones. It would be interesting to see if JW made any calls to BB trying to find her prior to leaving Mt. Vernon for Woodstock. I would venture to bet there are no calls from JW to Beths phone proving JW was trying to locate Beth prior to returning to Woodstock because she knew 1)Beth wasn't coming back and 2) that had she made any calls from her phone to Beths phone that would be more info for LE to disprove JW's story.

JMO

S'

If you can't use pms I think you can send me a visitor message.
There is a minimum number of posts before a new member can utilize the pm feature.
I will look for the email. Thanks for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221