Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put in a prayer for a Cubs win for you on the 21st Paschein.
Thanks for considering looking at Debbies case. Most of the heart of the stuff is in thread one.

As far as a ground search, I'm sure at time will come when LE will give the blessing or use their own resources. I have seen people volunteer with dogs without LE's blessing though LE doesn't necessarily appreciate it and in some cases, such as Caylee's or Kyrons non LE approved searches, especially with dogs in high profile cases appear to be trying to insert themself - even if that is not the case.

Even without dogs, canvassing such as Jenna's family did is still a possibility.

Is it known that they visited Miller lake that weekend and how far is Miller lake from the RR property? I really know nothing about Southern IL. Only been through on my way to St. Louis a few times. And then on 55, never 57.

ETA: I have seen no new news on Bonnies case in Alton. Very sad... I was hoping after her daughter was found alive there would be more news but sadly nothing.

OT, but did you ever hear anything about those bones from Herrick Lake being identified? I was surprised when they were found there. I used to fish at Herrick Lake as a child, and was there recently. I was surprised the remains were so close to the entrance and yet no one ever smelled anything.

OT, but did you ever hear anything about those bones from Herrick Lake being identified? I was surprised when they were found there. I used to fish at Herrick Lake as a child, and was there recently. I was surprised the remains were so close to the entrance and yet no one ever smelled anything.

As far as smelling anything. You have to remember there is a lot of wildlife here. Deer, coyotes, rabbit, raccoon, possum, etc. Animals dying or being killed it normal around here. Sometimes they do smell and that is not unusual. Sometimes it doesn't last long as there are voltures and coyotes that feed on them. I am not trying to be gross or disrespectful in any way. It is just the way it is. So having not smelled any thing really means nothing. JMO

Isn't it strange that they spent the day on a rented boat and she doesn't know these two guys name? What did they call them all day...hey you? You would have to know at least a first name. Who invited them to go. Do they not know their names? Someone had to know their names and know them well enough to want them to go to the lake and to invite them to go to the lake? You don't usually invite strangers. JMO

HI Snowzbunny
I'm guessing everyone on the boat knew each other and each others names. During my conversation with my friend, I asked specifically about the boat ride, and if NR was on it. She said he was, along with Beth, RR, JW and two other guys.

With several discussion on WS yesterday regarding NR & RR, I had them on the brain and wanted to know if both of them were on that boat.

HI Snowzbunny
I'm guessing everyone on the boat knew each other and each others names. During my conversation with my friend, I asked specifically about the boat ride, and if NR was on it. She said he was, along with Beth, RR, JW and two other guys.

With several discussion on WS yesterday regarding NR & RR, I had them on the brain and wanted to know if both of them were on that boat.

I have to wonder if these "two other guys" are keys to this case. Has JW identified them to LE? Has LE checked them out already and are just being tight lipped about it? Has RR/NR confirmed that these other guys were indeed on the boat, as well?

So many unanswered questions...

As far as smelling anything. You have to remember there is a lot of wildlife here. Deer, coyotes, rabbit, raccoon, possum, etc. Animals dying or being killed it normal around here. Sometimes they do smell and that is not unusual. Sometimes it doesn't last long as there are voltures and coyotes that feed on them. I am not trying to be gross or disrespectful in any way. It is just the way it is. So having not smelled any thing really means nothing. JMO

I understand in Mt.V. I was talking specifically about the area around Herrick Lake.

I have to wonder if these "two other guys" are keys to this case. Has JW identified them to LE? Has LE checked them out already and are just being tight lipped about it? Has RR/NR confirmed that these other guys were indeed on the boat, as well?

So many unanswered questions...

I do not know if these guys have been checked out by the LE. As far as NR & RR confirming these other two guys being on the boat, I don't know that either.

My friend has a very, very long friendship with Beth and the entire Rogers/Bentley family. I met Beth through my friend. My friend has met JW and most of Beth's other friends, just never met RR or NR.

I know, there are so many unanswered questions. We are supposed to go on the "facts" we do know, but with next to nothing ever being reported by the LE, and what appears to be JW changing her story or adding to her story as she goes along-JMO, it's hard to make sense of any of this. It's unfortunate for all who love Beth and are missing her so much and just wanting to know what happened. I feel at this point, any news is welcomed, whether it be good or bad, it's the not knowing that is the hardest part.

I do not know if these guys have been checked out by the LE. As far as NR & RR confirming these other two guys being on the boat, I don't know that either.

My friend has a very, very long friendship with Beth and the entire Rogers/Bentley family. I met Beth through my friend. My friend has met JW and most of Beth's other friends, just never met RR or NR.

I know, there are so many unanswered questions. We are supposed to go on the "facts" we do know, but with next to nothing ever being reported by the LE, and what appears to be JW changing her story or adding to her story as she goes along-JMO, it's hard to make sense of any of this. It's unfortunate for all who love Beth and are missing her so much and just wanting to know what happened. I feel at this point, any news is welcomed, whether it be good or bad, it's the not knowing that is the hardest part.

I understand and completely agree. I don't understand JW's behavior either. IF JW is telling the complete truth and is innocent of any wrongdoing, I don't understand why she'd make it more difficult on herself by not cooperating more. IMHO, it's just a very odd way for a innocent person to behave.

So funny you should mention that. My friend asked JW about the boat ride on Saturday on Rend Lake. I believe there has been no discussion of WHO exactly was on that boat up until now. JW told my friend that it was Beth, JW, RR, NR and two other males.

How can JW know every guy that Beth slept with and provide the LE with their names, but not know who she dropped Beth off to meet? These two covered for each other all the time, is it reasonable to believe that JW didn't ask Beth who she was meeting, what time she'd be back to the home in Mt Vernon so they could leave to go back to Woodstock together? How did they NOT discuss where and when they'd meet to drive the rental car back to Woodstock? Furthermore, when Beth doesn't show up, JW just hops in the car and drives back? Wow, what a best friend?

I'd like to see her phone if she even made one call to Beth to see where she was, or did she just leave? Could be a very big clue to determine whether JW knows more than she's saying.

In my opinion, JW was a willing participant to cover and lie for Beth all the time, so it's logical to me that she would lie if she had something to hide. Her story makes no sense, Her story has changed.

I wonder if JW is on WS reading all this as a guest?

BBM or cover for someone else. Especially if it included being paid not to tell. JW apparently did not have any problem accepting charity from Beth. Why would she not accept charity from someone else?

JMHO - and is speculation.

Nothing. Here is the thread for this case here at WS.
I had not mentioned in my earlier post, and just as an FYI. I don't recall how long the remains where there, however they did say the remains were there long enough for the skeleton to become 'bleached'.

IL IL - Skeleton found in DuPage Herrick Lake Forest Preserve - April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: Also, there are coyotes in this area too. No vultures that I know of in the area, but we definately have coyotes and I have seen them a few times.

So funny you should mention that. My friend asked JW about the boat ride on Saturday on Rend Lake. I believe there has been no discussion of WHO exactly was on that boat up until now. JW told my friend that it was Beth, JW, RR, NR and two other males.

How can JW know every guy that Beth slept with and provide the LE with their names, but not know who she dropped Beth off to meet? These two covered for each other all the time, is it reasonable to believe that JW didn't ask Beth who she was meeting, what time she'd be back to the home in Mt Vernon so they could leave to go back to Woodstock together? How did they NOT discuss where and when they'd meet to drive the rental car back to Woodstock? Furthermore, when Beth doesn't show up, JW just hops in the car and drives back? Wow, what a best friend?

I'd like to see her phone if she even made one call to Beth to see where she was, or did she just leave? Could be a very big clue to determine whether JW knows more than she's saying.

In my opinion, JW was a willing participant to cover and lie for Beth all the time, so it's logical to me that she would lie if she had something to hide. Her story makes no sense, Her story has changed.

I wonder if JW is on WS reading all this as a guest?

So odd she would now say two other guys when before she clearly said Beth just talked to a couple guys while she was in the bathroom, which suggest this was at the marina. This was in responce when JW was asked directly if other people were on the boat and never added two guys. See she changes her story too much.
BTW wonder if JW realises this can be easily check TOO by LE by how many life jackets were taken on the boat, those are usually added based on how many are going at the marina. Hmmm wonder if this story will change.

There are no calls that I know of showing JW tried to call BB sunday or Monday they would have this information as showing up as a call on Beth's phone information they don't need JW to submit her phone to check this.

OH I missed that Bonnie's daughter was found?? Very odd I have seen nothing about Bonnie either.. Thanx Cubby

Isn't it strange that they spent the day on a rented boat and she doesn't know these two guys name? What did they call them all day...hey you? You would have to know at least a first name. Who invited them to go. Do they not know their names? Someone had to know their names and know them well enough to want them to go to the lake and to invite them to go to the lake? You don't usually invite strangers. JMO

BBM

This is why I am reading ahead before jumping into post. I thought the same thing. How is it that JW spent the day on a boat with two guys and forgot their names?

IF Beth really met up with someone hundreds of miles from home on a Sunday night at the end of what was supposed to be a weekend getaway it almost makes logical sense that she may have met someone there that weekend. But then again, nothing in this case currently makes sense.

JMO

So odd she would now say two other guys when before she clearly said Beth just talked to a couple guys while she was in the bathroom, which suggest this was at the marina. This was in responce when JW was asked directly if other people were on the boat and never added two guys. See she changes her story too much.
BTW wonder if JW realises this can be easily check TOO by LE by how many life jackets were taken on the boat, those are usually added based on how many are going at the marina. Hmmm wonder if this story will change.

There are no calls that I know of showing JW tried to call BB sunday or Monday they would have this information as showing up as a call on Beth's phone information they don't need JW to submit her phone to check this.

OH I missed that Bonnie's daughter was found?? Very odd I have seen nothing about Bonnie either.. Thanx Cubby

Excellent post and excellent points.

For those interested in a little more info on Rend Lake:

Info on Pontoon Boat Rentals
http://www.rendlakemarina.com/pages/prental.html

Rend Lake home page
http://www.rendlake.com/index.htm

Back to the phone thing... and call logs. Why is there no discussion or info on a statement which came in for Beths phone after she went missing? Clearly an invoice has been received since she went missing. Don't most cell phone statements list calls made and received?

Why haven't we heard anything about a time Beths cell phone went dead? It did not go dead immediately after the 4:14 or 4:15 pm phone call she made to SB on Sunday. Something is odd about the apparent hush hush and secrecy surrounding information about Beths phone. No one can even confirm an attempt to ping or triangulate the phone was tried but unsuccesful.

IMO, there is more secrecy to this case other than the issues with JW. Why and how does that apply to this case?

JMO

Does anyone here know, or can find out what type of car NR has color and make, as well as interior color would be very helpful in something I am working on. Or any car that RR & NR might have. I believe was stated by JW that RR did buy a gold van in Jan, can anyone tell me the interior of this van?

Excellent post and excellent points.

For those interested in a little more info on Rend Lake:

Info on Pontoon Boat Rentals
http://www.rendlakemarina.com/pages/prental.html

Rend Lake home page
http://www.rendlake.com/index.htm

Back to the phone thing... and call logs. Why is there no discussion or info on a statement which came in for Beths phone after she went missing? Clearly an invoice has been received since she went missing. Don't most cell phone statements list calls made and received?

Why haven't we heard anything about a time Beths cell phone went dead? It did not go dead immediately after the 4:14 or 4:15 pm phone call she made to SB on Sunday. Something is odd about the apparent hush hush and secrecy surrounding information about Beths phone. No one can even confirm an attempt to ping or triangulate the phone was tried but unsuccesful.

IMO, there is more secrecy to this case other than the issues with JW. Why and how does that apply to this case?

JMO

LE will not let this go public :banghead: but I will add I can understand why.

A great question to ask JW would be since this drop off time was close to dinner time, did they eat dinner sunday? Did they grab something on the way just her and BB. OR did all 4 have dinner at the house, and if so how does this relate to the drop off time JW stated to LE of 5-6, which most recently changed (which AGM made a point to say it changed) to 5-7. Hmmm what happen to change that window of time.
This was pointed out before, did LE maybe find something that made that window of time need a change? :angel:

LE will not let this go public :banghead: but I will add I can understand why.

A great question to ask JW would be since this drop off time was close to dinner time, did they eat dinner sunday? Did they grab something on the way just her and BB. OR did all 4 have dinner at the house, and if so how does this relate to the drop off time JW stated to LE of 5-6, which most recently changed (which AGM made a point to say it changed) to 5-7. Hmmm what happen to change that window of time.
This was pointed out before, did LE maybe find something that made that window of time need a change? :angel:

With regards to LE not letting this go public and you understand why. Is that because of speculation or something you know but were told in confidence and can not share? I'm asking not to 'flaunt' you have info yu can't share but a simple yes LE knows or not kind of thing. IMO, a simple yes or no will speak volumes if members are putting the pieces of the puzzle together in their mind.

Where is the link that the drop off time has been changed to between 5 & 7? If it has been stated as late as 7 and that is confirmed versus 'rumor' that speaks a lot too, because it would be proof JW lied to LE about the train, no?

I'm going to bet it was BB that paid for the pontoon boat rental on Saturday. I'd be very very interested to know what CC or DC purchases Beth made on Sunday. I'm sure they did not use cash all weekend so LE must have a timeline of where they were and what they did that weekend. I sure as heck would be interested to know if there is any cc or dc activity on BB's cards after that 4:15 phone call to SB. NO WHERE has it been stated the last DC or CC activity for Beth was at 4:15. IIRC LE only said there was no phone or cc activity after BB was reported missing and that was not until late Monday evening IIRC. (IIRC is 'if I recall correctly' in case anyone is wondering.)

Thinking along the lines of what is not said and what has not been made public I'm going to lean heavily on the side of LE building a strong case and figuring out what happened - even if Beth has not yet been located and JW has been fully forthcoming and honest about the events of the weekend.

Think of it this way. SB is an attorney. He has some sort of working relationship with LE in the area as well as judges in the area by way of his business and the clients he represents. Attornies, LE and Judges all do a little give and take. They all do a little negotiating and compromising here and there. I can't for a minute think LE would not take that into consideration working Beths case. After all, they all need to maintain their business 'relationships'. There could be future cases LE is working on where SB is the clients attorney and they may wish to negotiate a deal on certain things..... The last thing they would want to do is let poor LE work on this case become a wrench in future dealings.... (within the law of course. I am not insinuating in any way things are being done outside the law. Just the usual we work together and any one in that network could be asking for favors or willing to negotiate X for Y or vice versa at some point.)

Hope that makes sense...... but I see LE doing extra hard work for someone within the judicial community.

JMHO

Respectfully bolded by me:

I have been thinking of this for about a week now but have been holding back because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I've heard mention many times about BB's expensive tastes, and the items that she had or has. In my opinion maybe some of these items could be sold to raise funds for the reward or the family. In these hard recession times there are many many people who do not walk around with $1200 bags that have been donating. Just sayin.

Amen & thanks for noticing. :)
IMO I never really thought about it this way. My two purses were less than $10 each & I am not ashamed to go in public! I'm thankful to have one & a choice for the seasons.
IMO EVERYONE is helping in their own way and gifts, donations, support, ideas, articles, etc should be acknowledged promptly & properly. Those that have the least it seems or very limited incomes care very much too, or wouldn't even bother after 57 days. Sometimes a simple quick thank you goes a long way for those that have spent time & money away from their own families & work trying to help in their own way.
You haven't hurt anyone's feelings at all! You've probably made some people feel ALOT better about this whole scenario & how hard they're trying to figure out ways to help more!
IMO Most people live a lifestyle our incomes afford us (the majority). As a literal example, if I have a big purse I'll fill it up....if I have a small one I'll just take the necessities. If I have no purse, I use my pockets.
IMO Irregardless of their financial situation, I know it's none of MY business. The resulting affect of Beth being "missing" for so long creates ALOT of stress, worry, tears, extra expenses, increase in household maintenance, lack of concentration to continue working & making the same amount of income, as well as lack of one income in the household and one less manager at the office.
IMO from my own life experiences, the expenses increased, NOT decreased, with one less spouse in the house. And they increased drastically & immediately....
IMO all those "things" mean nothing if the "owner" is not there. Money means nothing. It hurts to even look at them, every purse, every picture, every gift, every everything.
From my experience, a numbness prevails whenever you experience anything to this magnitude and NOTHING is ever the same again.
Just some rambling thoughts IMHO.

Yes I said earlier here, I know MY cell bill comes monthly with a list/log of EVERY call in & out and every text message, in & out for ALL the 5 persons on my family plan. I have to think the bill came in at least once, maybe twice for Beths cell.

Bank statements and credit card statements came in as well, and charges from that weekend should show up on any bill or statement- wouldn't have to wait for LE to expose those now.

I know someone who is ISP. I just ran into him and mentioned Beths case. I asked if he would see what he can do to put the word out down in Jefferson county. He told me that area is district 13. He said he would do a run through the names of those ISP in Jefferson county and if he recognizes anyones name put a call in to talk to them about Beths case. He won't give me any inside info, and I won't ask. I just asked that he made sure ISP down south didn't forget about Beths case.

hth

I am a longtime(years) member of several websites devoted to educating consumers about purchasing online-what to look for to avoid fakes. I will say in my informed opinion, you NEVER get back what you pay for in designer fashions. The market is very narrow. The $1200 purse-the people who can pay $1200 for a purse are already moving on to the next big thing and won't buy even at a reduction of a few hundred dollars. Others who might be interested will say, I can get the same look with a knockoff or on Ebay, not realizing it is often fake when purchased on Ebay. However, I have been regularly checking Craigslist for the Vera Bradley bag, because like Lilly Pulitzer, Vera Bradley has a collectors market. Same with the Pandora bracelet.

I think the family may get some money to put towards the reward if they consign some of BB's things, but it may not be worth the effort it takes away from running the household.

BBM or cover for someone else. Especially if it included being paid not to tell. JW apparently did not have any problem accepting charity from Beth. Why would she not accept charity from someone else?

JMHO - and is speculation.

Such a great point! Not to mention, another possibility, she could be covering for fear of someone hurting her or her kids if she did tell the truth? Never know.

BB & JW lied for each other, they covered for each other, with no regard to who they were hurting. That in of itself makes me question whether JW told the LE the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove