Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an interesting site: http://www.arrestwarrant.org/search...pprox_age=&state=Nationwide&Submit=Search+Now

I was thinking of paying the $5.00 just because I am curious, but I worry canceling later could be a hassle.

So I ran my name, and it shows I am in the database! I don't recollect being arrested, I'm not a felon, I'm not a sex offender, I admit to speeding tickets on I-90 (for you out of staters, I-90 is major tollway and speed limit is 55-too slow during commute times-IMO) so now I am really curious as to what the heck they have on me, and at multiple address I never lived at!

So word of caution, we can't always assume cyber information portrays the whole story.

Hmm

The link I provided is the McHenry County Government page ... public information on court cases.

Thank you Karen30036. I am sorry but I must be missing something..she was sueing a dead woman and another man? The obit says the defendant died 1/30/2009 the case was filed 2/18/2009?? What was the case about? Does any of her friends know? Her lawyer is a personal injury lawyer and it just said money damages >50,000.00. I am not versed in court stuff but that seems weird.

I found an interesting site: http://www.arrestwarrant.org/search...pprox_age=&state=Nationwide&Submit=Search+Now

I was thinking of paying the $5.00 just because I am curious, but I worry canceling later could be a hassle.

So I ran my name, and it shows I am in the database! I don't recollect being arrested, I'm not a felon, I'm not a sex offender, I admit to speeding tickets on I-90 (for you out of staters, I-90 is major tollway and speed limit is 55-too slow during commute times-IMO) so now I am really curious as to what the heck they have on me, and at multiple address I never lived at!

So word of caution, we can't always assume cyber information portrays the whole story.

Hmm

Could it be someone with the same name?

Thank you Karen30036. I am sorry but I must be missing something..she was sueing a dead woman and another man? The obit says the defendant died 1/30/2009 the case was filed 2/18/2009?? What was the case about? Does any of her friends know? Her lawyer is a personal injury lawyer and it just said money damages >50,000.00. I am not versed in court stuff but that seems weird.

After doing research on the plaintiffs atty. I am going to assume this was a traffic accident. This is his specialty, unless BB got into a physical altercation with an 81 year old woman :)

The other name, AA, is a "Public Administrator, Guardian & Conservator for McHenry Co." I don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds like a typical add-on in an injury or property damage suit.

My thinking was along the lines of a divorce doesn't include a legal name change. Her married name may still be her legal name even if she no longer uses her married name.

I could be wrong, but I don't know that JW's current legal last name necessarily makes much difference unless we can tie it to her use of it in relation to a crime. Which we have not as of yet...... It is not like we have any proof she was purposely trying to deceive LE by the last name on her DL - as the blog might seem to indicate. A blog, is merely someones opinion..... it does not carry the same weight as a credbile local or national news source.

JMO

I understand what you're saying. No, no, of course no proof that she would purposely try to deceive the LE, just....I wouldn't put it past her. I know a blog is someone's opinion, I just found it interesting because I already knew all about this story, just didn't know the small detail regarding the last name. All in due time, all in due time. I believe we will all find out exactly what happened, all in due time.

I have my own thoughts and gut feelings about this case. The links provided were food for thought, for anyone interested to get their own feeling about the information.
Perhaps JW didn't decieve the popo that night, but driving on an expired CA license after 1 o'clock in the morning in a car registered to BB a month after she's been missing piqued my interest... just a little.

Wouldn't BB know that the defendant had died when she filed the law suit? It didn't state she was sueing the estate of the defendant. Maybe the other named person was administrator of her estate? Seems crazy to file suit against someone after they have passed..but that is just me...JMO!

I removed some posts because they had info non related to Beths case or the players involved in Beths case.

Yes, we use initials when someone has not been named a person of interest of suspect in the case. No one has been named a POI or suspect in Beths case so we are using initials.

Hope that clarifies the question about the initials.

This is a strange thing too..I searched SB's name in the McHenry Co. records too. He was named as a defendant in the same type case BB was sueing for. It lists him and his law firm as the defendants. Damages over 50,000. It looks to have been going on since 2008 and appears settled by the judge a month after BB went missing. Not sure if its been finalized or not.. I don't know all the legal jargon. No relation to BB's missing case I am sure but interesting. JMO

http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departme...ges/index.aspx

Case #08LA000264

The other name, AA, is a "Public Administrator, Guardian & Conservator for McHenry Co." I don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds like a typical add-on in an injury or property damage suit.

The guardian "AA" is the person that takes care of peoples estates when they have noone else to do so. He has been doing that for years !

This is a strange thing too..I searched SB's name in the McHenry Co. records too. He was named as a defendant in the same type case BB was sueing for. It lists him and his law firm as the defendants. Damages over 50,000. It looks to have been going on since 2008 and appears settled by the judge a month after BB went missing. Not sure if its been finalized or not.. I don't know all the legal jargon. No relation to BB's missing case I am sure but interesting. JMO

http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departme...ges/index.aspx

Case #08LA000264

I think the case was dismissed because the plaintiff did not pursue the case. Might not have filed the proper paperwork in time or figured that the cost of continuing was more than what would be gained if the case settled in his favor or maybe thought the case would be settled in the favor of the defendant.

WANT OF PROSECUTION - The failure of a litigant to pursue a case in a timely manner, sometimes resulting in dismissal of the case.

I think the case was dismissed because the plaintiff did not pursue the case. Might not have filed the proper paperwork in time or figured that the cost of continuing was more than what would be gained if the case settled in his favor or maybe thought the case would be settled in the favor of the defendant.

WANT OF PROSECUTION - The failure of a litigant to pursue a case in a timely manner, sometimes resulting in dismissal of the case.

Thanks Joe Friday! Looks like it went on for a while a couple of years.

Interesting discussion about the call placed to the pizza joint from Beth's phone. Looks like LE does have Beth's phone records and were calling the numbers listed in those records. Up to this point I think all we knew about the phone was LE reported there was no activity on Beth's phone, not knowing for sure if they had probable cause to look at her actual phone records from the provider because there was no signs of foul play.

What I would like to know is what time this order was placed in comparison to JW's story of when she dropped off Beth. If the order was placed after the time she would have had to leave to drive to Centralia in order to arrive at the time she stated she drop off Beth near the train station it would have raised some eyebrows. Triangulation on where this call was made would also possibly be used to verify if JW said Beth was were she said she was.

Link to comments on Podges Pizza on fb: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...619#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=549

Thanks for sharing. Really? I wonder what they KNOW (facts) that would lead them to believe that or....is it like I said before, maybe they are thinking "oh, this woman had extra marital affairs, she probably just took off". Also, this is just two police officers, so they could have just been talking smack. I believe detectives would be working the case anyway, not regular police officers.

In any event, IF, and I mean a really BIG IF, that's true, I'm happy that she's alive. Sure put a lot of people through a lot of suffering though. But again, we STILL don't know the truth. Will we ever?

and IMO maybe these officers/deputies thoughts & ideas shouldn't be expressed to anyone, outside of their need to know for their JOB requirements, for confidentiality reasons of an ongoing unsolved endangered missing person case, especially while possibly being under the influence of alcoholic beverages.
I'd be filing a report on this one, their opinions at a BBQ are not helping to find Beth, and my tax dollars are being wasted on LE that are not protecting ALL citizens. I'd want to know what address the party was, so my daughter does't go to a park nearby. I'd want to park on the side of that road to read my map & make a cell call to see if these fine supposed officers were driving themselves home too. Maybe that's the problem here.....Loose Lips Lose/are further victimizing ships/citizens they're being PAID to protect.
At my JOB, if I looked at ANY info on any of the people in ANY case, on this board, on FB FB page, etc, but especially those on this outrageous case, outside of the realm of need to know/patient HIPAA confidentiality, I would be fired immediately-ZERO tolerance/not appealable..........On the spot, NO discussion, my girlfriend Janice knows, she's over in the McH Unemployment line as of last week. All facts here but IMVHO

I don't know if I believe the Podges Pizza report. Seems awfully odd this info would come out two months into the case when joining the FB group is not as difficult as registering at WS. Why is this just being posted now? The person who posted the info does not live in Mt. Vernon (according to his post) and is back home now in another state. He has tons of posts on FB, lots of games, and then nothing for 20 days during the time Beth went missing. Doesn't say what he was doing for those 20 days. What is his tie to the pizza place if he does not live in Illinois?

I need more info before I am going to believe a random posting on FB on a missing persons case 2 months after the fact.

JMO

If I'm thinking correctly, LE should have had probable cause to get a warrant for Beth's phone records to investigate SB's claim of the call Beth made to him at 4:15.

When a spouse goes missing the better half is always looked at as a suspect. JMO

In 1991, 5,745 women in the United States died as a result of homicide. Six in every 10 women who are victims of homicide were murdered by someone they knew. About half of these women were murdered by a spouse or someone with whom they had been intimate.

http://www.athealth.com/Consumer/disorders/DomViolFacts.html

IMO if Beth was murdered chances are good that she knew her killer and there is a better then 30% chance it was someone she was intimate with. (Intimate does not necessarily mean her husband)

(You ever wonder what LE would think if they ever did a forensic search of your personal computer? Some of the things I do Google search's for would surly raise some LE's eyebrow's if my wife ever went missing, God forbid. How would you ever explain that? LOL)

and IMO maybe these officers/deputies thoughts & ideas shouldn't be expressed to anyone, outside of their need to know for their JOB requirements, for confidentiality reasons of an ongoing unsolved endangered missing person case, especially while possibly being under the influence of alcoholic beverages.
I'd be filing a report on this one, their opinions at a BBQ are not helping to find Beth, and my tax dollars are being wasted on LE that are not protecting ALL citizens. I'd want to know what address the party was, so my daughter does't go to a park nearby. I'd want to park on the side of that road to read my map & make a cell call to see if these fine supposed officers were driving themselves home too. Maybe that's the problem here.....Loose Lips Lose/are further victimizing ships/citizens they're being PAID to protect.
At my JOB, if I looked at ANY info on any of the people in ANY case, on this board, on FB FB page, etc, but especially those on this outrageous case, outside of the realm of need to know/patient HIPAA confidentiality, I would be fired immediately-ZERO tolerance/not appealable..........On the spot, NO discussion, my girlfriend Janice knows, she's over in the McH Unemployment line as of last week. All facts here but IMVHO

Really? File a report for what? Giving an opinion on a case a citizen asked about? If that were the case LE be 'written up' for communicating with anyone who submitted a tip, called LE to inquire about a case. Communication between LE and Law abiding citizens would come to a grinding halt.

How many cases have you worked where you interacted with LE? Do you really know these two officers gave out confidential information that impaired an open investigation? It is a pretty strong accusation of wrong doing based on information you are hearing third party.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member