Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And one of the problems that I have with some of the theories here is that, knowing RR, if JW acted alone (IF), RR wouldn't provide much of a cover. In addition, RR's participation is not very likely IMO.

I also am VERY skeptical that NR had any deep feelings for BB. And it's not likely that he had anything to do with it (based on personality), or would cover for JW.

And building on that in a reverse sort of way .... JW acted alone = not likely.

That leaves me looking in other places for a solutions ...

I look forward to your posts as authoritative and insightful.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but has the call to the pizza place been verified?

Here's another theory. What if the call to podges pizza was made by this mystery man that BB supposedly hooked up with Sunday night? Mystery man and BB are together, he calls for dinner, then something horrible happens which results in him not picking up the pizza?

I'm not saying I necessarily agree this, but I just want to lay all the possibilities on the table.

BB being dropped off in Centralia by JW, and the mystery man drives all the way back to MV to pick up a pizza? The pizza place is only 8 min. at most from the rehab house. Why wouldn't have mystery man picked BB up there instead of JW driving all the way to Centralia?

Cubby, the way you were thinking about this in the wee hours? I have been too, and the story of JW dropping off BB in Centralia has never sat right with me. From the get go, it sounded tacked on. First the train, then it's not to catch the train, but a hook up. No name given for the mystery man, and not asking or knowing who he is, another fabrication IMO. Why? Because let's say BB is now found in Centralia, they are now going to be chasing some unknown male, with no description to go on. Or so JW, and RR think.
Of course, if she's alive and well (I hope) and hiding, you have to wonder why JW would continue to lie to cover for her friend, and taking all this "heat".

That is what I have believed all along. IF Beth just wanted to take off and go into hiding, WHY WHY WHY would JW put herself through all this hell, being accused, being questioned etc?? It doesn't make sense.

The more I think about it, logically, I believe something happened, or something was building, between JW and BB prior to her disappearance. What? I don't know. Maybe Beth was telling JW for a while now, look, I can't keep giving you money. Or, maybe JW was telling Beth, look, you better give me the money I need or I'm gonna expose all your secrets. Something. Something happened to make JW betray Beth, by exposing all her secrets.

If she thought Beth was still alive, and wanted to keep her long friendship with her, wouldn't she be PROTECTING Beth right now? She wouldn't be sharing all the personal details of Beth's life knowing she'd have to face her again upon her return. But, if she knows Beth won't be coming back, it makes perfect sense to make Beth look bad, especially regarding sleeping around, because then that leaves the door wide open to make people say "maybe she did run off with some other guy", and it takes the suspicion off of JW.

Best friends or not, I believe something changed in that relationship. Something came to a head or one was just plain old sick and tired of the other one and had enough. JMO.

So in your opinion, none of the three had anything to do with what ever happened to BB? Do you believe it was the MYSTERY man at Centralia? If JW had nothing to do with it why does she keep changing her story? And if the other two had nothing to do with it, why are they not helping with anything as far as finding her? Just asking, thanks

JW keeps changing her story because it is a lie. But as I said before:

JW lying doesn't not equal JW "did it" or JW knows what happened.

JW lying = JW lying. Or as I see it a lot: Lying = guilt

Now some of you lurve JW lying = JW bad = JW had something to do directly with it. And that is your right. But I believe that it shortcuts logic. Is it suggestive, sure. Does it prove it, no.

I have also suggested other reasons for JW to lie and hyperinflate BB stories.

Remember I am not suggesting that JW lying proves JW didn't cause BB's death, I am just suggesting that she may have been caught in a lie during a bad situation, and the lie has been rolled into the situation ... the lie may not be related to the cause of death of BB. It is certainly related to BB being missing.

As far as those who call for JW, RR, NR to "correct the record" or stand up for themselves in this situation, I really don't know what world you come from. In the world I live in, a person lies, and when they are caught they don't tell the truth, they make up more lies.

In honor of Sarah Palin, I have decided to create a word today. That word is lurve. It means love something in such a way that they are so attached to it that they ignore it's faults.

So in your opinion, none of the three had anything to do with what ever happened to BB? Do you believe it was the MYSTERY man at Centralia? If JW had nothing to do with it why does she keep changing her story? And if the other two had nothing to do with it, why are they not helping with anything as far as finding her? Just asking, thanks

About the Mystery Man. I believe that it is likely that we are going to be introduced to more characters. We will have to separately identify JW's second FWB, and BB's second and third FWB. We should have specific monikers for them or we will create some confusion.

FWB= friend with benefits

About the Mystery Man. I believe that it is likely that we are going to be introduced to more characters. We will have to separately identify JW's second FWB, and BB's second and third FWB. We should have specific monikers for them or we will create some confusion.

Just A Lawyer.......Do you have a theory as to what has happened that you can or will share with us? We are all looking for reasons and information. Thanks

Just A Lawyer.......Do you have a theory as to what has happened that you can or will share with us? We are all looking for reasons and information. Thanks

He/she (clever, huh?) did, in a statistical breakdown of likelihood, several days ago.

LE knows the "mystery man's" name and has spoken to him. (mod rephrase)

I have been to the house, new carpet in basement for sure.

Burn pile had about 20 cig butts around it, all same brand of Camel.

I found the tower about a mile from the house, straight up Miller Rd

I found that deserted trailer on a dead end road about 2 miles or less from the RR home, was down a gravel road, the drive way was gravel with weeds growing up in it. Trailer is set back in the woods with an old run down truck next to it. Sorry but it was too spooky & I wasn't going up there alone.

I spent 2 diff days traveling up & down all these back roads, east to west & north to south.

Also the week before, we hiked thru "Devils Prop" and didn't see anything. That is on Strafford Ln about 3 to 4 miles from the RR home. Its a nature reserve hiking area.

May go back one day this next week, so if you want me to look for anything or take pics of something, just ask.

Now some of you lurve JW lying = JW bad = JW had something to do directly with it. And that is your right. But I believe that it shortcuts logic. Is it suggestive, sure. Does it prove it, no.

Remember I am not suggesting that JW lying proves JW didn't cause BB's death, I am just suggesting that she may have been caught in a lie during a bad situation, and the lie has been rolled into the situation ... the lie may not be related to the cause of death of BB. It is certainly related to BB being missing.

As far as those who call for JW, RR, NR to "correct the record" or stand up for themselves in this situation, I really don't know what world you come from. In the world I live in, a person lies, and when they are caught they don't tell the truth, they make up more lies.

In honor of Sarah Palin, I have decided to create a word today. That word is lurve. It means love something in such a way that they are so attached to it that they ignore it's faults.

Lying does not = guilty. However LE came upon information believing Beth boarded a train to return home. How did LE come upon the information regarding the train?

I think it would go a long way if we can confirm WHO provided LE with the information about the train. Did JW lie to SB to cover for her friend with the train story and SB gave LE the info he was told about the train or did JW lie to LE and give LE the train story? For me that would make a world of difference here with how LE heard the train story. One would indicate a lie to cover for a friend, the other would be to lie to LE to interfere with an investigation.

Does anyone know?

tia

On that note... I found this post in the Podge's thread from SG to be interesting:

"Her BF has been blamed I think because she has covered for things In the past but I think she was or is her bf and sometimes we do stupid things for our friends. I have."

Not quite sure what to make of it.

I know RR. I agree completely. RR is WAY too laid back for some of the theories posted here.

Just A Lawyer...........You stated that you know RR, is it possible that he could have been having an affair say with one of the other good friends and JW found out. Could RR and JW have gotten into some kind of a scuffle over this and BB got in the way and got hurt? Could BB have told JW that weekend and they got into a fight about it? Could RR got anger at BB for telling and they had a fight? Maybe BB threaten to tell good friends husband, and needed to shut her up?
As they say anything is possible. Nothing said here is a fact, just a theory.

Do you have a link for the Woodstock PD statement that no foul play is suspected? Or where you refering to the statement made by the two off duty Woodstock PD made at the BBQ?

tia

The only official Press Release & Update I may have seen from the WPD on Case 10-7650:

Missing Person - Benedetta "Beth" Bentley
to Sunday, August 01, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Press Release -Beth Bentley Missing.pdf
http://www.woodstock-il.com/index.asp?Type=B_EV&SEC={F66B0B9F-B3B8-4474-889D-BEF9EA7B3DE4}&DE={00E86C9D-A72D-4AB4-87D3-BF1CDC16A5A1}
For Immediate Release 27May10 on WPD letterhead Entitled: Missing Person Investigation, with contact Sgt Richard Johns.
(tags Beth, Benedetta, Bennedetta, Bentley)

Missing Person Benedetta Bentley - Update 6-9-10
Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 3:35 PM
to Monday, August 09, 2010 at 3:35 PM
missing adult endangered Benedetta Bentley.pdf
Missing Person Benedetta Bentley - Update 6-9-10
Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 3:35 PM
http://www.woodstock-il.com/vertica...ds/{59338FB1-36FC-4D84-9A22-AD8358190535}.PDF
(tags Benedetta, Beth, Bentley, Rogers, Rogers Bentley)

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/09/r_xbjnxyixrn6abxudqbj0dw/index.xml

Date: June 10, 2010
Publication: Northwest Herald, The (Crystal Lake, IL)

WOODSTOCK –The Woodstock and McHenry County CrimeStoppers are offering $2,000 for information that leads to the whereabouts of Benedetta “Beth”Bentley.Bentley, a 41-year-old Woodstock mother of three, has been missing since May 23.She traveled with a female friend by car to the Centralia area May 20.The friend told police that she dropped Bentley off near the Centralia Amtrak station about 5:30 p.m.Police have been unable to verify whether Bentley...

Cubby, to answer your question, it's reported "the friend" told police ...

Thank you, JAL, for your beliefs, insight and posts.
So, suppose we were planning a murder mystery dinner theater/weekend/game/private party, perhaps in a sleepy little town like Woodstock, McHenry or Mt Vernon, IL. We could include special guests from WI & CA for fun. We could add some spice with a dash of illegal activities, a few possible Internet hookup sites, a rental car & some missing money, for giggles. We could incorporate modern entertainment like FB, amateur sleuthing, local blogs & dozens of other Internet sites, some newspapers, maybe even a couple news channels. To keep it intriguing, we could add some traffic violations, a couple of divorces, some petitions to determine parentage, a criminal felony or two, some remote electronic access complaints & mix it all up with some custody battles.
We could choose lawyers, legal secretaries, receptionists, bar owners, cops & robbers as the characters. Then we could prey on a bunch of people that have big hearts, minimum wage jobs, unemployed mentality, and/or lots of time & money they don't know what to do with.
From a teambuilding aspect could you clarify the main characters, their spouses & children if possibly affected long term, the mystery characters, and all their FWBs? I get confused easily and just LOVE monikers.

Not to be cynical, but it seems to me that the answer to "Is it possible that X could have had an affair with Y?" is yes.

Such are mortals, I fear...

Just A Lawyer...........You stated that you know RR, is it possible that he could have been having an affair say with one of the other good friends and JW found out. Could RR and JW have gotten into some kind of a scuffle over this and BB got in the way and got hurt? Could BB have told JW that weekend and they got into a fight about it? Could RR got anger at BB for telling and they had a fight? Maybe BB threaten to tell good friends husband, and needed to shut her up?
As they say anything is possible. Nothing said here is a fact, just a theory.

Snowz,

IMO RR is the kinda of guy who discovering some "truth" about BB would say,"So F...ing what."

LE knows the "mystery man's" name and has spoken to him. (mod rephrase)

I have been to the house, new carpet in basement for sure.

Burn pile had about 20 cig butts around it, all same brand of Camel.

I found the tower about a mile from the house, straight up Miller Rd

I found that deserted trailer on a dead end road about 2 miles or less from the RR home, was down a gravel road, the drive way was gravel with weeds growing up in it. Trailer is set back in the woods with an old run down truck next to it. Sorry but it was too spooky & I wasn't going up there alone.

I spent 2 diff days traveling up & down all these back roads, east to west & north to south.

Also the week before, we hiked thru "Devils Prop" and didn't see anything. That is on Strafford Ln about 3 to 4 miles from the RR home. Its a nature reserve hiking area.

May go back one day this next week, so if you want me to look for anything or take pics of something, just ask.

Cross Miller Rd and look in the creek for about 100 yds along the creek, away from the rehab house and toward Miller Lake.

That is what I have believed all along. IF Beth just wanted to take off and go into hiding, WHY WHY WHY would JW put herself through all this hell, being accused, being questioned etc?? It doesn't make sense.

IMO because that's the lie she started with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221