Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to NamUs, Beths dentals are charted and entered. Unless Beth had no dental work, iow, nothing unique to her charted by a dentist and the dentals on the remains are missing, it should be a matter of how quickly Jefferson County can get a forensic odontologist to compare dentals.

Hindsight, is 20/20 but with all the online drama, and the drama that is still occuring on social media regarding this case, it's obviously clear why LE has investigated this case so very close to the vest.

Comparing how LE handled the investigation into Kristy Wesselman's 1985 cold case murder (which is going to trial next month), to how both the ISP and Woodstock PD announced the finding of these remains and are again requesting info from the public, it's pretty clear they are already pretty certain these remains belong to Beth. And it's just a matter of meeting the requirements for a legal positive identification.

Its quite possible an official ID will be announced at the same time an arrest is announced. I wonder which of those involved is working with LE to make a deal for themselves, and who might be finding their Christmas present in the form of an arrest for murder. Beth, certainly didn't hop into a fire and burn herself.

Tick, tock, tick, tock, Justice is coming soon. :jail:

The Beth Bentley case is what brought me to Websleuths back in 2010 which is when I became a member here. I have since spoken to Tricia, and would like to know if I have gotten my status change as an insider, because I'm not sure what I can say and what I can't say. What I know I can say... is that while there was in fact much drama back then, there are may of us that kept heart in Beth's story for Beth and for her children. I am hoping someone can get back to me to see what I need to do if my information is wanted here.

According to the following post by Tricia, only people who have been named by media or know the actual players will be verified.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc. This does not include people who may befriend a player on internet social media and then wish to post about it.

If dentals are available it could be a matter of days for a forensic odontologist to make an official id.

According to her NamUs case, Beth does have dental records on file. I imagine as long as they are able to get dental records from the remains that a comparison could be made a lot quicker than DNA.

If any verified attorney's are following this thread could you please comment on how the Illinois felony murder rule could pertain to this case? Clearly, if these remains are id'd as Beth, the manner of death will be determined homicide, even if the actual cause of death cannot be determined. Since Jenn Wyatt was previously charged with obstruction of justice, even though the charges were dropped, what charges might she be facing if/once the remains are id'd?

Clearly, if these remains are id'd as Beth, the manner of death will be determined homicide, even if the actual cause of death cannot be determined.?

RSBM. I'm not sure this assumption is good...if can't tell COD then could as "clearly" be claimed an OD, they panicked and burned the body. Which wouldn't rise to level of homicide. Or some sort of accident and ensuing panic. If Coroner comes back as undetermined, I don't think murder, let alone felony murder, are realistic charges. MOO

This was my first obsessive case on WS but many of the details are hazy by now. I believe the other weekend participants were involved for sure but I am not convinced it's automatically murder. Many options in between...I would love to see resolution for Beth, but not hopeful of any substantial convictions.

Just my opinion, tho!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If dentals are available it could be a matter of days for a forensic odontologist to make an official id.

Given the amount of time that has passed since the remains were recovered (12-12-2017 IIRC), I think there was nothing found to compare with Beth's known dental records.

JMO

Given the amount of time that has passed since the remains were recovered (12-12-2017 IIRC), I think there was nothing found to compare with Beth's known dental records.

JMO

You're probably right, but there is still a chance a rural county like Jefferson hasto get a forensic odontologist from out of town. I've seen other cases in the UID forum take up to a month to get a FO from another area.

Or, it is possible they won't announce a positive id if it interferes with the criminal investigation.

I wonder if Jenn is cooperating with LE. It's pretty clear her story about
Beth and a train is bs....... and that her driving the rental car back, rather than taking a train herself, indicates she knew what happened to Beth. If anyone wanted to stay longer it would have been Beth driving home on Sunday and Jenn taking the train at a later time.

Or, it's possible those with Beth on that weekend getaway talked and whomever they told finally contacted the authorities.

I hate the wait.

You're probably right, but there is still a chance a rural county like Jefferson hasto get a forensic odontologist from out of town. I've seen other cases in the UID forum take up to a month to get a FO from another area.

Or, it is possible they won't announce a positive id if it interferes with the criminal investigation.

You are correct - Jefferson County has to rely on a lab about an hour away. The lab used to be in Carbondale, IL, but it was closed. I think now it is Fairview Heights, but I'm not positive on that. I know it takes forever to get forensic and DNA results.

NH used to have to send their forensics over to us (Maine).

Hello again Cubby the wait is killing me too!
to answer a few of your thoughts and questions. Since I have been to the rehab house and searched the area a few times...

The land is just under 5 acres and it is very dense vegetation all around that area. I will post an image below to give you an idea.
There is a saddle club directly across the road with a creek and some open land a coral, barn and stables but the rest of the area is thick in the summer.
stable.jpg

This image is of the land looking from the road behind the rebah house looking towards Miller Lake road. This is a private quarry
quarry 01.jpg

The previous burnt items that we found were located just beyond the clearing for the house, not far at all. But there was also a very large burn pit in the back yard where they had burned from the rehab work.

I think you make a few good valid points here with the new announcement, looking at the LE announcement of remains I think wording is everything
“We were advised that they had found what they believe to be human remains,” Lanz says.
IMO this suggest to me there was no skull, no dental, otherwise they would have just said human remains or skeletal remain like they usually do.
Woodstock police announced Thursday that developments in the case led Illinois State Police to a location in rural Jefferson County, where suspected human remains and other evidence were found.
The fact they even bring Beth's case up is equally interesting, they don't often do that but then 'other evidence' was also recovered. Add that to location found, and their was LE activity at the rehab house in Dec neighbors report.
They never used the word 'tip' but said 'developed' so I wonder if anyone has talked.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ct-met-human-remains-woodstock-woman-20171214-story.html
That leaves little room for doubt..

I wonder how long it will take them to bring charges up again against JW, as now they will in fact have a case when the ID is confirmed to be Beth, which they sound confident will happen.
The test take longer, it is much more advance testing so we can be looking at months before an announcement is made IMO
I can think of at least three people that should use this time wisely because once the ID is confirmed it will be every man (or woman) for himself so to speak.

Personally, I have no doubt that it is Beth and we will be hearing more from LE very soon, I have never doubted for one minute that she would be found. Her birthday is next month it would be nice for the family to have some answers, and finally bring her home.

Oh and a couple weeks later more remains were discovered just a few miles (10-15) east of Miller Lake area in Wayne Co also, the one thing I found interesting is the only thing the land owner said was there was a 'skull' remains were wrapped in a blanket but I do know there is also a missing teen from that town.
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/human-remains-found-in-wayne-co/889622166

I don't have the link to the thread but the Forensic Astrology Forum here on the Websleuths also has a thread with a reading that has some very interesting information. Maybe Cubby can find it. I did save the charts and all the info she posted maybe it would be interesting to have this looked at again with what has developed.She was spot on last time.

Happy New Years EV1

Cubby do you feel that it is taking so long because they are having difficulty identifying the remains or could it be they have already identified the remains as Beth's, but are not releasing any information because LE may be close to making an arrest involving this case?

I think the ID is a formality, they know it is Beth, and did when they made the announcement.
Lets face it they have said very little over the past seven years about this case to the public, in the past they have only made a statement when they were ready to make an arrest.
I feel they are close..

Also, now that the judge has declared her dead, I have to wonder why he didn't wait for this ID to proceed. Could the court sealed papers from LE have information that lead him to his decision? If there was in fact a life insurance policy, it will be interesting to see if they pay this claim or will they opt to turn it over to the state to decide. From what I understand, we will only know if they don't pay the claim and turn it over to the state, otherwise it is not public information.

Hello again Cubby the wait is killing me too!
to answer a few of your thoughts and questions. Since I have been to the rehab house and searched the area a few times...

The land is just under 5 acres and it is very dense vegetation all around that area. I will post an image below to give you an idea.
There is a saddle club directly across the road with a creek and some open land a coral, barn and stables but the rest of the area is thick in the summer.
View attachment 128561

This image is of the land looking from the road behind the rebah house looking towards Miller Lake road. This is a private quarry
View attachment 128560

The previous burnt items that we found were located just beyond the clearing for the house, not far at all. But there was also a very large burn pit in the back yard where they had burned from the rehab work.

I think you make a few good valid points here with the new announcement, looking at the LE announcement of remains I think wording is everything

IMO this suggest to me there was no skull, no dental, otherwise they would have just said human remains or skeletal remain like they usually do.

The fact they even bring Beth's case up is equally interesting, they don't often do that but then 'other evidence' was also recovered. Add that to location found, and their was LE activity at the rehab house in Dec neighbors report.
They never used the word 'tip' but said 'developed' so I wonder if anyone has talked.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ct-met-human-remains-woodstock-woman-20171214-story.html
That leaves little room for doubt..

I wonder how long it will take them to bring charges up again against JW, as now they will in fact have a case when the ID is confirmed to be Beth, which they sound confident will happen.
The test take longer, it is much more advance testing so we can be looking at months before an announcement is made IMO
I can think of at least three people that should use this time wisely because once the ID is confirmed it will be every man (or woman) for himself so to speak.

Personally, I have no doubt that it is Beth and we will be hearing more from LE very soon, I have never doubted for one minute that she would be found. Her birthday is next month it would be nice for the family to have some answers, and finally bring her home.

Oh and a couple weeks later more remains were discovered just a few miles (10-15) east of Miller Lake area in Wayne Co also, the one thing I found interesting is the only thing the land owner said was there was a 'skull' remains were wrapped in a blanket but I do know there is also a missing teen from that town.
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/human-remains-found-in-wayne-co/889622166

I don't have the link to the thread but the Forensic Astrology Forum here on the Websleuths also has a thread with a reading that has some very interesting information. Maybe Cubby can find it. I did save the charts and all the info she posted maybe it would be interesting to have this looked at again with what has developed.She was spot on last time.

Happy New Years EV1
Thank you for the pictures and information!

BTW, the Astrology forum was locked then ditched years ago.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh sorry to here about the Astrology forum it was very interesting to read.

The question was also brought up where this testing might go.
If what they did in Wayne Co is any indication, the second set of remains I mention before that were found about the same time, they just announced..

WAYNE COUNTY — An autopsy has been completed on human remains found at a remote site in Wayne County last month and they’ve now been moved to FBI headquarters in Quantico, Virginia.

So maybe that is how the state is handling the remains that are thought to be Beth's ID?

Hi guys, sorry I am just seeing this now. Having an official id on the remains really isn't necessary for a judge to declare Beth deceased. She's been missing long enough to meet the requirements to have her declared deceased. The timing of the two events could be just coincidence.

I don't necessarily think the events are coincidence, but I can't put a finger on why someone might come forward right at the time a judge was close to having her legally declared deceased.

I will try and find any info on Beth from the forensic astrology forum, but I think they are now members only areas and the links will only work for registered members.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truecrimefanatic2024
Back