Found Deceased IL - Cheyann Klus, 22, Chicago, 2 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Crime Watch Daily took the case and works with Missing Persons Awareness Network NFP - There are 2 parts to Cheyann Klus case, and many questions are now answered which they weren't before.
Easy to google episode, and is also on the FB page for the Missing Persons page

Someone mentioned Cheyann on another thread discussing this:

A Chicago pastor and West Side mother are seeking help finding young women and teen girls who have recently gone missing in the city.

The duo, like many on the West Side, are wondering whether the cases could be linked.

Since March, at least four women and girls have gone missing: Sadaria Davis, 15; Shantieya Smith, 26; Victoria Garrett, 15; and Anna Stanislawczyk, 18. Davis was found dead in an abandoned building May 11. The other three are still missing.

Victoria's thread on WS: IL - Il- Victoria Garret, 15, Chicago, 4 June 2018
Shantieya's thread on WS: IL - Il- Shantieya Smith, 26, Chicago, 25 May 2018
Sadaria's thread: Found Deceased - Il - Sadaria Davis, 15, Chicago, 27 Apr 2018
Anna's thread: IL - Il - Anna Stanislawczyk, 18, Chicago, 16 Mar 2018

‘It’s terrifying’: Chicago community fears 4 missing females may be linked

I was too tired to post last night, but no ride share and no contact made on her phone after the texts to Chad, really leads me to wonder if the authorities have confirmed Chad didn't go pick her up and perhaps something happened after he picked her up. (Other than the 911 call made several days later).

It seems really odd she wouldn't have tried to find a different ride if she couldn't reach Chad.

Does Chad have an alibi?

The following is pure speculation. What if Chad did go pick her up, something happened, he got scared and did something with her. Then later, after she was reported missing, went to Mallard Lake, made the 911 hang up call and discarded the phone in the lake?

If Brian Biddle is as heavy a partier as has been reported, he could have passed out for 18 hours. (In my younger days, I could sleep much of a day or day and a half if I over did it.) Plus, a blood test or urine test could have measured how much he had taken.

Jmho. I wonder if Chad took a poly, or would be willing to take a poly if asked.

Wow! This case is very, very close to me! I also don't think the 911 call is made by her.

I hate to bring this up - this is simply me speculating and I mean no disrespect to anyone involved in this - but if Cheyann and her "friends" were known heroin addicts, I will speculate that Cheyann may have OD'd and the people at the party freaked out and did something. I feel that wouldn't be too slim a possibility since they are known drug addicts. Heroin is an epidemic in Chicagoland.

Last edited:
Wow! This case is very, very close to me! I also don't think the 911 call is made by her.

I hate to bring this up - this is simply me speculating and I mean no disrespect to anyone involved in this - but if Cheyann and her "friends" were known heroin addicts, I will speculate that Cheyann may have OD'd and the people at the party freaked out and did something. I feel that wouldn't be too slim a possibility since they are known drug addicts. Heroin is an epidemic in Chicagoland.

As far as has been reported, iirc, it was only Brian and Cheyann partying at his house. No one else was there. LE has said Brian is not a suspect. Cheyann tried to contact Chad the am she disappeared. Chad claims he couldn't reach her when he tried to call back about 20 minutes later. Cheyann did not try to contact anyone else that am besides Chad.

Iirc, Chad reported these texts came in about 5 am. IDK where Chad lives, or lived on the day Cheyann disappeared, but I know getting into the city at 5am is pretty easy and I'd think it was possible Chad could have made it to Brian home in 25 min or so.

Interesting video. I didn't know the 911 call from Cheyanns phone was placed on the same day a missing persons report was filed with LE.

It's a man made lake with a maximum depth of 25 feet.

Lake Profile -- MALLARD LAKE (DCFPD)

There's a good chance, imo, that phone was brought there, made the 911 call, and then tossed into the lake.

Who spoke with Cheyann's dad the day he filed the report? I'd start there......

And I would dredge or drain the lake and see if her phone can be found there.

Was Brian incarcerated the day that 911 call was made?

She's still missing :( She seems like a fun, lively type of girl. She isn't a widow tho. She was using it as slang. I did notice she had a hiatus of posting from 4/19/17 to 10/31/17. But family/friends weren't asking if she was ok then. If someone OD's and someone calls 911, does the law not charge people for paraphernalia etc?? I've seen a couple news stories where someone buys heroine and then use with a friend, friend OD's and the person is charged with manslaughter. I could see someone freaking out and disposing the body to avoid getting criminal charges. It's just something I was wondering. I don't know exactly what she was involved with.
40 states and the District of Columbia have enacted some form of a Good Samaritan or 911 drug immunity law for the reporting of an overdose.These laws generally provide immunity from arrest, charge or prosecution for certain controlled substance possession and paraphernalia offenses when a person who is either experiencing an opiate-related overdose or observing one calls 911 for assistance or seeks medical attention. State laws are also increasingly providing immunity from violations of pretrial, probation or parole conditions and violations of protection or restraining orders.

Immunity provisions vary by state. Some states have opted for more restricted immunity while others, like Vermont, have provided immunity from a more expansive list of controlled substance offenses.

These laws often require a to be reporting that emergency in good faith. Good faith is often defined to exclude seeking help during the course of the execution of an arrest or a search warrant. Some laws also specify that immunity for covered offenses is not ground for suppression of evidence of other crimes. Other requirements frequently include remaining on scene until help arrives and cooperating with emergency personnel when they arrive.

As far as has been reported, iirc, it was only Brian and Cheyann partying at his house. No one else was there..
I am not that sure, I just cannot imagine there were only two people in a drug and alcohol binge party that lasted almost 2 days.

Interesting video. I didn't know the 911 call from Cheyanns phone was placed on the same day a missing persons report was filed with LE.

It's a man made lake with a maximum depth of 25 feet.

Lake Profile -- MALLARD LAKE (DCFPD)

There's a good chance, imo, that phone was brought there, made the 911 call, and then tossed into the lake.

Who spoke with Cheyann's dad the day he filed the report? I'd start there......

And I would dredge or drain the lake and see if her phone can be found there.

Was Brian incarcerated the day that 911 call was made?

This is Gia with Missing Persons Awareness Network NFP 501(c)3 - Brian was NOT incarcerated during the 911 call made on December 11, 2017. He was not incarcerated until April 8, 2018 on unrelated charges. Brian is still in jail. There is no one named as a suspect at this time.

Gosh, it's been a year. I think about Cheyann often and pray for resolution in this case. Someone knows what happened and isn't talking.....

IF she od'd then it makes sense someone would stay silent to protect the self rather than face drug induced homicide charges.
Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes

It would be nice to know if cadaver dogs have searched the home Brian and Cheyann were partying in......

It would also be nice to know if Brian and/or Chad have voluntarily taken and passed a polygraph.

First and foremost, I hope this girl will one day come home, or if its the worst case scenario... family can get their closure and start the healing process.

In Philly, we have a part of the city (Kensington section) where young women can disappear. Not necessarily because they are killed, just being tied up in the opioid epidemic and prostitution.

I would like to touch upon some of the earlier comments made in this thread because I think it affects how we see certain victims. A suburban girl fitting in the hood... she looks so innocent...

I think it is entirely possible that she may have gotten in over her head, or... this is who she was. We can't lose sight of the fact that folks of all socio-economic backgrounds go missing all the time, and the reason for missing has nothing to do with their immediate crowd. Also, once we get fascinated by someone's looks... it causes us to not see the bigger picture of all the other folks missing out there. Granted THIS website brings light to everyone, but the national folks... let's face it, you have to pretty much be white and pretty to stay in the headlines. Mollie Tibbits was in the headlines for weeks leading up to her discovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back