Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that is bothering me (aside from EVERYTHING about this):

It was mentioned earlier that eye color would deteriorate rapidly in the water, I believe the time line given was about 3 days.
LE was able to pinpoint his eye color as brown.
They were able to note that his ears were not pierced, and recreate his hair style. So there was decomp, but it couldn't have been so advanced that they couldn't get these details.
But LE also says they estimate he was in the water 1-2 weeks.

In the water, in the summer, in a lagoon filled with life. Lots of fish. Lots of turtles, likely painted and snappers.

...sigh...

I would think he'd be in much worse shape, decomp wise, after 1-2 weeks.

Maybe the CPD is trying to throw a perp off? Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. It just doesn't sit right with me.

(the latter being much more likely)

Jumping in. Maybe he was encapsulated in something before he surfaced. :(

I don't think it will end up being either King or Malik.
I think it will end up being one not reported missing.
Just like the other similar cases before this one. :sigh:

Another thing that is bothering me (aside from EVERYTHING about this):

It was mentioned earlier that eye color would deteriorate rapidly in the water, I believe the time line given was about 3 days.
LE was able to pinpoint his eye color as brown.
They were able to note that his ears were not pierced, and recreate his hair style. So there was decomp, but it couldn't have been so advanced that they couldn't get these details.
But LE also says they estimate he was in the water 1-2 weeks.

In the water, in the summer, in a lagoon filled with life. Lots of fish. Lots of turtles, likely painted and snappers.

...sigh...

I would think he'd be in much worse shape, decomp wise, after 1-2 weeks.

Maybe the CPD is trying to throw a perp off? Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. It just doesn't sit right with me.

(the latter being much more likely)
I believe that every possibility in a case like this is worth being, and should be explored.

my two year old has gaps between all his teeth too....

Just looking at the little teeth of the phantom baby drawing, at first, I could only see King. Now, I do see a more striking similarity to Malik. Both these babies grab at my heart. But looking at my own son's baby front and bottom teeth, before he lost them all his adult teeth, I see a resemblance there too. I am not a dentist, but those gaps between the baby teeth seem to be common. With my son, I just thought flossing would be easier. I wanted to point out that we can make connections between anything- that's what our minds do to us. Anyway, both of these cases need to some closure! Prayers to both King and Malik's moms and hope to see soon that DNA results are in.

who is this baby? how can ppl be so evil to their own seed?

Just looking at the little teeth of the phantom baby drawing, at first, I could only see King. Now, I do see a more striking similarity to Malik. Both these babies grab at my heart. But looking at my own son's baby front and bottom teeth, before he lost them all his adult teeth, I see a resemblance there too. I am not a dentist, but those gaps between the baby teeth seem to be common. With my son, I just thought flossing would be easier. I wanted to point out that we can make connections between anything- that's what our minds do to us. Anyway, both of these cases need to some closure! Prayers to both King and Malik's moms and hope to see soon that DNA results are in.

You WANT your baby/toddler to have gaps. It means there will be more room in their mouth when the adult teeth come in. We took our 2 year old to the dentist and he said "I wish he had bigger gaps. You may want to start saving for braces!" So yeah...gaps are really, really common.

Loooong time lurker , first time poster .
If I do anything wrong please let me know 😊

I have been following this case ( given the little information available) , and wanted to share my opinion on a few things.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about the artists sketch and the low set ears. I have to agree . Either decomposition has made it difficult to recreate an accurate sketch, or this is indicative of something very telling.

I have worked with intellectually and developmentally disabled adults for over 10 years and the first thought that I had upon looking at the sketch was that " this child has some sort of disability" . I googled "low set ears and large head" and many genetic syndromes are associated with these two factors , however " Noonan Syndrome" seems to be the most common and fits the best.

If this is the case , it would explain why authorities are already dismissing any association with the Malik and King cases.

Also, in Noonan Syndrome the affected child is known to have either a protruding chest or a sunken chest , and sometimes require feeding tubes ( all would be identifying factors on a torso).

Typically you should be able to draw a line with your finger from the corner of your eye straight back towards your ear, and hit the top of your ear. This child's ears are significantly below that line.

I may be way off base but I feel that the authorities already are aware of some genetic abnormality and have not released it.

Head circumference in a healthy child should be able to narrow down the age range much more specifically than authorities have so far indicated.

My opinion is that this is a local person ( familial) .....why drive INTO the city to dump remains ? Unless it is the most convenient , familiar and perhaps you have no transportation.
Could be a boyfriend etc .

Not to sound harsh , but children with disabilities can be a challenge to care for financially, mentally and physically ( definitely not making excuses , just a simple truth). The most stable person would be stressed let alone someone who is perhaps single , low income, little family support etc.

Do hospitals keep copies of hand and footprints of newborns ? ( assuming any prints were able to be lifted from the hands and feet after being submerged for one to two weeks).

In summation , I believe that this is a local person who gave birth to a physically and perhaps intellectually impaired child . Something happened to set the wheels in motion for this tragedy ( perhaps a boyfriend) .

Everything stated is nothing more than MOO . Just a theory that I happen to have.

Praying for justice for this little one 👼

Welcome haroldchasen, great first post. Glad to have you with us.

If I do anything wrong please let me know ��

I have been following this case ( given the little information available) , and wanted to share my opinion on a few things.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about the artists sketch and the low set ears. I have to agree . Either decomposition has made it difficult to recreate an accurate sketch, or this is indicative of something very telling.

I have worked with intellectually and developmentally disabled adults for over 10 years and the first thought that I had upon looking at the sketch was that " this child has some sort of disability" . I googled "low set ears and large head" and many genetic syndromes are associated with these two factors , however " Noonan Syndrome" seems to be the most common and fits the best.

If this is the case , it would explain why authorities are already dismissing any association with the Malik and King cases.

Also, in Noonan Syndrome the affected child is known to have either a protruding chest or a sunken chest , and sometimes require feeding tubes ( all would be identifying factors on a torso).

Typically you should be able to draw a line with your finger from the corner of your eye straight back towards your ear, and hit the top of your ear. This child's ears are significantly below that line.

I may be way off base but I feel that the authorities already are aware of some genetic abnormality and have not released it.

Head circumference in a healthy child should be able to narrow down the age range much more specifically than authorities have so far indicated.

My opinion is that this is a local person ( familial) .....why drive INTO the city to dump remains ? Unless it is the most convenient , familiar and perhaps you have no transportation.

Not to sound harsh , but children with disabilities can be a challenge to care for financially, mentally and physically ( definitely not making excuses , just a simple truth). The most stable person would be stressed let alone someone who is perhaps single , low income, little family support etc.

Do hospitals keep copies of hand and footprints of newborns ? ( assuming any prints were able to be lifted from the hands and feet after being submerged for one to two weeks).

In summation , I believe that this is a local person who gave birth to a physically and perhaps intellectually impaired child . Something happened to set the wheels in motion for this tragedy ( perhaps a boyfriend) .

Everything stated is nothing more than MOO . Just a theory that I happen to have.

Praying for justice for this little one ��

Excellent post IMO!!!Welcome!

No news since they reopened the lagoon. :(

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

this is awful. i so want this baby to be properly buried and whoever did this to pay.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ered-toddler-and-a-family-left-in-pieces.html

The only new article I saw today. Too many missing toddlers. I hope the DNA comparisons aren't delayed due to backlog. I know DNA testing can take awhile, but this one has some leads and those need to be ruled out quickly so the families can continue with their search or know for sure. I just can't believe this case isn't getting more media attention.

This is seriously one of the most heartbreaking cases I have followed and worked on in a very long time.... this poor baby needs his identity back and whoever did this apprehended.

haroldchasen..... EXCELLENT POST btw!!!! glad to have you with us!!

If I do anything wrong please let me know 😊

Praying for justice for this little one 👼

Welcome!

Down's syndrome also presents with low set ears.

In Malik's case, there is a large scar on his head so they could rule out from that but it could also be because they are aware of an abnormality.

Baby Doe has been identified. NOT THIS CHILD. But it shows that diligence pays off to solve cases. It is being reported just now on CNN. Her name was "Bella" and the Mother and her boyfriend have been arrested.

JMO's

Great news about Deer Island baby Doe (Bella). I really hope that the cops involved in this case are working on something behind the scenes too...

I have been debating all day on whether to post it here or not since I can't share a lot of info because it is not in the media. Anyway, I saw that a little boy who is 2 was missing from that area. I talked to LE earlier and they told me they were looking into it. They seemed to be aware of him so I am sure other people called it in as well. Hoping this Baby Doe has a name soon and that the other little boy is returned to his mother safely.

I thought we were allowed to post info about missing children if they are known missing...like putting up a missing flyer or whatever. I think on the Baby Doe (Bella) thread, I think people often posted links about other missing children that she could have possibly been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia