Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid my mind is just becoming totally warped. The only thing that's been coming to my mind in this case is that the hands, feet and head were discarded because they didn't have much "meat" on them. I really hope that's not the case; it's bad enough that we have people who kill little ones among us.

MOO

I'd be lying if I said that same thought hadn't crossed my mind., Confusion.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

There is at least one person out there somewhere that knows who this baby is! Could mum have been killed also? Is no one missing a cousin or nephew or grandchild? It's so sad that nobody knows :(

MOO!!

I'd be lying if I said that same thought hadn't crossed my mind., Confusion.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Me too. It's possible the hands, feet and head didn't show evidence of the COD and the other parts did. Maybe something that would point to the perp so the other parts were hidden somewhere else, somewhere less likely to be found JMO.

What could the motivation be for dumping only the head, hands and feet in this lagoon?
Arms, legs, torso are somewhere.
If the remains found were weighted down, one would assume that is to keep him hidden... why not all together? Gah... are they going to have to drain the east side too?

This has added a new layer of 'I don't know what to think' to an already large stack of 'I don't know what to think'.

What do you guys think?

I umm don't know what to think!!

I'm afraid my mind is just becoming totally warped. The only thing that's been coming to my mind in this case is that the hands, feet and head were discarded because they didn't have much "meat" on them. I really hope that's not the case; it's bad enough that we have people who kill little ones among us.

MOO

Yikes!! I hope you're wrong!

Could it have been some sort of black magic? I'm sure we had a UK case a couple of years ago where a child was chopped up in a suitcase, turned out to be some kind of ritualistic killing.

The only thing I can come up with logically, would be that COD was on the torso, but hands/feet/head are where you would get an ID other than DNA.

To hide them separately might make it more likely that the murderer gets away... either child can be ID'ed but no COD, or COD and no ID, depending when/which set is found. I'm assuming a murder here, though I know that has not been established. Hard to think of a scenario this plays out in which it is not murder...

i think to delay id? and thought since they were weighed down, they wouldnt float up. so the torso is placed elsewhere the perp wouldnt think it was as hard to find... OR he just placed them separate so they wopuldnt be connected.

worth mentioning. i do have friends in chicago, tennessee, texas and indiana who think nothing of driving 12 hours. i live in CA and i hate driving any more than two hours and so do most ppl here i know. maybe ppl in the midwest are more accustomed to driving long distances? this little guy could be from anywhere.

What could the motivation be for dumping only the head, hands and feet in this lagoon?
Arms, legs, torso are somewhere.
If the remains found were weighted down, one would assume that is to keep him hidden... why not all together? Gah... are they going to have to drain the east side too?

This has added a new layer of 'I don't know what to think' to an already large stack of 'I don't know what to think'.

What do you guys think?

or hiding evidence of sexual assault... i hated saying that.

Me too. It's possible the hands, feet and head didn't show evidence of the COD and the other parts did. Maybe something that would point to the perp so the other parts were hidden somewhere else, somewhere less likely to be found JMO.

If you scroll down to the 4th or so section of this link, there's a pic of Malik with his head clean shaven. He has a big scar of some sort on his scalp. Maybe coroner can check for that scar while waiting for DNA checks
https://www.tumblr.com/search/malik drummond
Very good observation and also a good lesson for a newbie like me. The date this child went missing doesn't correspond with the estimated time of the death of the child found in Chicago but I don't think it eliminates the possibility that Malik could have been kidnapped in 2014 and killed only recently. I know that when estimating ages of UID's they can vary a couple of years too. I really hope this isn't the case but im just throwing out ideas to help. I hope someone can find out what happened to both of these children or whether or not this is the same child. Such a sad situation.

The only thing I can come up with logically, would be that COD was on the torso, but hands/feet/head are where you would get an ID other than DNA.

To hide them separately might make it more likely that the murderer gets away... either child can be ID'ed but no COD, or COD and no ID, depending when/which set is found. I'm assuming a murder here, though I know that has not been established. Hard to think of a scenario this plays out in which it is not murder...

I think that's the most likely reason.
But that opens up another can of worms for me. (the depositing of remains at multiple sites)
As far as we know, this kid has not been reported missing, which would lead one to believe there is familial involvement.
But this level of organization? I don't know... can you recall a case where a parent went to this extreme?
But if not a parent, why wouldn't he have been reported?
I wonder if he was sold to a very very bad person.

Another thing that is bothering me (aside from EVERYTHING about this):

It was mentioned earlier that eye color would deteriorate rapidly in the water, I believe the time line given was about 3 days.
LE was able to pinpoint his eye color as brown.
They were able to note that his ears were not pierced, and recreate his hair style. So there was decomp, but it couldn't have been so advanced that they couldn't get these details.
But LE also says they estimate he was in the water 1-2 weeks.

In the water, in the summer, in a lagoon filled with life. Lots of fish. Lots of turtles, likely painted and snappers.

...sigh...

I would think he'd be in much worse shape, decomp wise, after 1-2 weeks.

Maybe the CPD is trying to throw a perp off? Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. It just doesn't sit right with me.

(the latter being much more likely)

Another thing that is bothering me (aside from EVERYTHING about this):

It was mentioned earlier that eye color would deteriorate rapidly in the water, I believe the time line given was about 3 days.
LE was able to pinpoint his eye color as brown.
They were able to note that his ears were not pierced, and recreate his hair style. So there was decomp, but it couldn't have been so advanced that they couldn't get these details.
But LE also says they estimate he was in the water 1-2 weeks.

In the water, in the summer, in a lagoon filled with life. Lots of fish. Lots of turtles, likely painted and snappers.

...sigh...

I would think he'd be in much worse shape, decomp wise, after 1-2 weeks.

Maybe the CPD is trying to throw a perp off? Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. It just doesn't sit right with me.

(the latter being much more likely)

One of the articles said detectives thought the parts had been in a plastic bag found in the lagoon. If that is correct then maybe fish, turtles etc. couldn't access the parts until just before the foot surfaced.

One of the articles said detectives thought the parts had been in a plastic bag found in the lagoon. If that is correct then maybe fish, turtles etc. couldn't access the parts until just before the foot surfaced.

Duh! Thank you!
I literally slapped my own forehead.

I really thought they would find the whole body in one place... I think you sleuthers are right, the hands and head of the victim are usually removed to prevent identification of the victim. You'd think they would have hidden them more carefully in that case, not put them in such a public place. But maybe they figured that they would stay weighted down, and the fingerprints and facial features would soon decompose enough to be unrecognizable. Maybe the perp can't drive and had to dump the body parts nearby, and that's why they chose such a busy/ public place. I guess the police will be checking nearby dumpsters and potential burial sites nearby for the rest of the body now.

I really think that when a child is returned to a home where they were previously removed due to abuse or neglect, their DNA should be on file before they go home. How many times have we read of a child murdered by a parent/spouse/SO who had been returned to the home after previous abuse?

Well, I hope that if what was found in the lagoon was there because it was what was hidden well to avoid identification that the rest is somewhere LESS well hidden so he can found and the truth can hopefully start coming to light.

I think that's the most likely reason.
But that opens up another can of worms for me. (the depositing of remains at multiple sites)
As far as we know, this kid has not been reported missing, which would lead one to believe there is familial involvement.
But this level of organization? I don't know... can you recall a case where a parent went to this extreme?
But if not a parent, why wouldn't he have been reported?
I wonder if he was sold to a very very bad person.

I really thought they would find the whole body in one place... I think you sleuthers are right, the hands and head of the victim are usually removed to prevent identification of the victim. You'd think they would have hidden them more carefully in that case, not put them in such a public place. But maybe they figured that they would stay weighted down, and the fingerprints and facial features would soon decompose enough to be unrecognizable. Maybe the perp can't drive and had to dump the body parts nearby, and that's why they chose such a busy/ public place. I guess the police will be checking nearby dumpsters and potential burial sites nearby for the rest of the body now.

Well, I hope that if what was found in the lagoon was there because it was what was hidden well to avoid identification that the rest is somewhere LESS well hidden so he can found and the truth can hopefully start coming to light.

I agree with all of these, the most likely reason for the dismemberment of those specific parts is usually done to prevent identification. I earlier posted the same thing as Kadoober, that hopefully these were the parts that they were trying to hide, so hopefully the rest is somewhere "easier" to find. I only use the quotes because so far it's not proven to be easier. But finding just a torso only really really lowers the chance of IDing a body if there is no matching DNA anywhere. I can only think the parts they found were the ones the person who did this was really trying to hide.

I also can't imagine this being anything other than a murder. It feels different than say the Deer Island Doe, who I don't think was necessarily murdered. To go to this extreme says to me someone is trying to hide more than just an accidental/natural (however a child can die naturally) death. I do think family is involved in both cases though, otherwise I can't imagine why these children were not reported missing, even though I think they were both not reported for different reasons.

Hopefully you can see the image I attached! I do think the sketch resembles Malik in a huge way!

Just looking at the little teeth of the phantom baby drawing, at first, I could only see King. Now, I do see a more striking similarity to Malik. Both these babies grab at my heart. But looking at my own son's baby front and bottom teeth, before he lost them all his adult teeth, I see a resemblance there too. I am not a dentist, but those gaps between the baby teeth seem to be common. With my son, I just thought flossing would be easier. I wanted to point out that we can make connections between anything- that's what our minds do to us. Anyway, both of these cases need to some closure! Prayers to both King and Malik's moms and hope to see soon that DNA results are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member