Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply registered for free by providing them an email address.

you can opt not to subscribe but only register in that manner. There was no fee.

Dismembered child.

[...]

They're words that can make a grown man cry.

[...]

"Who could."

He started the sentence. Stopped. Stared back at the water, thinking about his 6-year-old daughter and how much he loves bringing her here to fish.

"Words can't even," he said.

Waving a hand, he walked to the curb to cry alone.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ld-mary-schmich-0911-met-20150910-column.html

Doh! I'm sorry, I didn't realize that, I must have registered at some point and then forgotten about it. I'll post some excerpts when I'm at my desktop.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

CHICAGO — For Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy, Sept. 11 never comes easy.

[...]

This year, the raw emotions of that day started to return six days earlier than expected.

On Saturday, a jogger spotted a baby’s severed hand along the shore of the Garfield Park lagoon. And later, investigators discovered the baby's badly decomposed head and limbs.

As McCarthy headed to a news conference at the lagoon where divers continued to look for the child’s torso on Thursday, Chicago’s police superintendent couldn’t ignore the gruesome irony: As they had in post-9/11 New York City, officers under his command again searched for bits of a life torn to pieces.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...ings-back-sept-11-horror-lessons-for-mccarthy

I thought both pieces were very well written and brought into focus the emotional effect finding this child in this condition has had on the city, citizen and LE alike.

The man singing at the end just.... did me in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

i dont know how i could even deal w seeing that, they are so brave.

i once read a police report when i worked in the jail, they faxed it over and called to say they were bringing an arrestee down from the mountain. the suspect was a pedophile who had done something very awful to a little boy and murdered him.

the little boy was the same age as my son. i vomited and had to leave work. the physical response was so shocking to me. i dnt know how i could visually witness something like this.

I thought both pieces were very well written and brought into focus the emotional effect finding this child in this condition has had on the city, citizen and LE alike.

The perp who did this may have had a reason to keep this poor child's remains weighted down here in this pond, in a well frequented park with kids and families around. It is does not seem a random spot. It would be interesting to know whether this little one was meant to be found or permanently hidden, especially considering the recent Baby Doe case in the news.

The perp who did this may have had a reason to keep this poor child's remains weighted down here in this pond, in a well frequented park with kids and families around. It is does not seem a random spot. It would be interesting to know whether this little one was meant to be found or permanently hidden, especially considering the recent Baby Doe case in the news.

Wondered if it was a place the child visited in life and left there for that oddly sentimental reason?
Or, a symbolic return to the ( water) womb, the weight ( a cervical plug ) ?

speculation, imo, ect.

Wondered if it was a place the child visited in life and left there for that oddly sentimental reason?
Or, a symbolic return to the ( water) womb, the weight ( a cervical plug ) ?

speculation, imo, ect.

My guess would be, if a mind could accept dismembering a child, then weighing down the remains in a pond, in a park, in middle of a town, that the child may mean less in that mind than the place, as it relates to the perp.

My guess would be, if a mind could accept dismembering a child, then weighing down the remains in a pond, in a park, in middle of a town, that the child may mean less in that mind than the place, as it relates to the perp.

Good point. It could also be a place where the perp could access without a car. Just a thought.

JMO

I am guessing they put them there (weighted down, right?) because they thought this would prevent them from being found especially since they are the parts most people remove to prevent identification. The might have erroneously thought they would not come up and be found. I'm surprised the torso hasn't been found, if it's not in the pond when they drain it I'd assume it's somewhere "easier" to find, since they might have thought they had covered the body being able to be ID'd via the dismemberment. Of course MOO and made with the assumption that's why they dismembered this poor little baby.

Strange, I thought exactly the opposite. I immediately felt as if this perpetrator used this place not because of nostalgia, but because of familiarity. Not to specifically place this child somewhere of emotional significance to perp or victim. But because I think perp knows a time, circumstance in this park that makes it the best logical place to dump this child. I also think the dismemberment was not out of enjoyment, but more disturbing to me personally, a sense of expeditiousness. Of git er done sort of attitude.

That is what I love about this site. So many POVs come into play. Forced to consider lots of angles.

Who is the perpetrator of this crime?

Just MOO

Strange, I thought exactly the opposite. I immediately felt as if this perpetrator used this place not because of nostalgia, but because of familiarity. Not to specifically place this child somewhere of emotional significance to perp or victim. But because I think perp knows a time, circumstance in this park that makes it the best logical place to dump this child. I also think the dismemberment was not out of enjoyment, but more disturbing to me personally, a sense of expeditiousness. Of git er done sort of attitude.

That is what I love about this site. So many POVs come into play. Forced to consider lots of angles.

Who is the perpetrator of this crime?

Just MOO

Neat take on it, ticya. Thank you for your experienced and wise POV on this, very interesting, seems very possible. I echo your sentiment about WS.

Not sure if this has already been posted.

larger.jpg

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...rkansas-indiana-considered-garfield-park-case

"Chicago Police detectives confirmed Friday night that they had contacted Arkansas authorities about 2-year-old Malik Drummond, who went missing from his father's home in Searcy, Arkansas, in November 2014, according to the local ABC affiliate.

Police are also looking into the case of 2-year-old nephew King Walker, who went missing from Gary, Indiana, with his developmentally disabled aunt Diamond Bynum, 21, on July 25. Authorities believe she was spotted in Hammond in August, according to the NWI Times.

While police told ABC7 Tuesday that nothing linked the missing Gary toddler to the remains found in the lagoon, Area North Detectives told DNAinfo Chicago Friday that the Gary case remained part of the investigation."

Not sure if this has already been posted.

View attachment 81411

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...rkansas-indiana-considered-garfield-park-case

"Chicago Police detectives confirmed Friday night that they had contacted Arkansas authorities about 2-year-old Malik Drummond, who went missing from his father's home in Searcy, Arkansas, in November 2014, according to the local ABC affiliate.

Police are also looking into the case of 2-year-old nephew King Walker, who went missing from Gary, Indiana, with his developmentally disabled aunt Diamond Bynum, 21, on July 25. Authorities believe she was spotted in Hammond in August, according to the NWI Times.

While police told ABC7 Tuesday that nothing linked the missing Gary toddler to the remains found in the lagoon, Area North Detectives told DNAinfo Chicago Friday that the Gary case remained part of the investigation."

Although I didn't follow the little Malik Drummond case (what a precious little boy), I think Malik's upper teeth spacing is quite similar to the spacing shown in the sketch of this little child. Is there a photo of Malik's lower teeth? Is it known if Malik has any ties to the ChicagoLand area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia