Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Kyrian's mother's DNA has been taken to match or exclude him from this poor baby's DNA. Police today in a presser about Kyrian, stated they asked for an expedited test to to done. No word on the request being granted. They also stated there are NINE possibilities of a match! NINE!?
http://www.mystateline.com/news/rock...-investigation

This says the tests have been expedited at Quantico. More at link. http://www.rrstar.com/article/20150923/NEWS/150929783

Hoey said the analysis has been "expedited," but no time frame was given for when the analysis will be complete.

To be fair, what he said in the presser was that they requested that the testing be expedited.
Looking at the FBI website, it looks as if you submit your evidence with a completed form to request that it be expedited. Then you send it to them via FedEx or UPS! That seems reasonable, but somehow bizarre too, eh?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/dna-casework-unit-dcu-1

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/2014-7 DCU Case Submission Form-1.pdf

So I'm guessing they filled out the form and overnighted LK's sample, and are waiting to hear back either that a) Ok to expedite, or b) Here are your results.

I hope it's quick. Because I have a feeling it's not this child.

I still want to know where the torso is. :(

Has DNA results came back for any of the possibilities? Like for King or Malik? I keep reading that King was excluded but was it from DNA results?

I hope it's quick. Because I have a feeling it's not this child.

I still want to know where the torso is. :(

When looking at a satellite map, I noticed there are other ponds/lagoons near by. I hope those have been checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

About the sketch... I know it's not the computerized rendering that made the little girl from Boston go viral but I do think it's helpful, especially looking at the teeth. The front top teeth look as if one is chipped, and there is a clear wide space between them. The chipping may have happened in the horrible brutality that occurred to the baby, but it may have pre-existed the murder too. I can't get a picture of high enough resolution to compare the teeth from the phantom sketch to the web available pictures of Kyrian.

View attachment 82018

About the sketch... I know it's not the computerized rendering that made the little girl from Boston go viral but I do think it's helpful, especially looking at the teeth. The front top teeth look as if one is chipped, and there is a clear wide space between them. The chipping may have happened in the horrible brutality that occurred to the baby, but it may have pre-existed the murder too. I can't get a picture of high enough resolution to compare the teeth from the phantom sketch to the web available pictures of Kyrian.

Wow, good eyes! I hadn't even noticed that. I never thought to make the sketch that big. It does look like a chip. As you said, it could be a result of the trauma to this sweet little one.

There is a picture of Kyrian crying (I hate that picture) on page two of Kyrian's thread. I made it as big as possible. To me (my eyes aren't as young as they used to be) it appears there may be a chip on his front right tooth. I'd be interested in other opinions.

Wow, good eyes! I hadn't even noticed that. I never thought to make the sketch that big. It does look like a chip. As you said, it could be a result of the trauma to this sweet little one.

There is a picture of Kyrian crying (I hate that picture) on page two of Kyrian's thread. I made it as big as possible. To me (my eyes aren't as young as they used to be) it appears there may be a chip on his front right tooth. I'd be interested in other opinions.

Could be :( I seem to remember LE saying that the artist went back and touched up the teeth before the sketch was released. Anyone else remember that? I was curious why he would want to work on them some more.

image.jpg

Sorry to post it here. I had not seen that thread and thanks to Raymonde for posting the pictures. It is a sad picture and it looks like the teeth have been discussed in depth on that thread. I do see a chip and on the same tooth as in the phantom drawing. That being said, little kids chip their baby teeth all the time. But we are looking for evidence as best we can and that certainly qualifies beyond just speculation.

View attachment 82019

Sorry to post it here. I had not seen that thread and thanks to Raymonde for posting the pictures. It is a sad picture and it looks like the teeth have been discussed in depth on that thread. I do see a chip and on the same tooth as in the phantom drawing. That being said, little kids chip their baby teeth all the time. But we are looking for evidence as best we can and that certainly qualifies beyond just speculation.

Poor sweet baby............

Man. I hate that picture. And his "birthday" video. Why someone would sit and take pictures of their kid in distress (let alone post them!) Is beyond me. It's clearly not evidence of anything, it's just deep down sad to me.

And yet, right now, I really wish that was a sharper picture. :(

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Would the coroner be able to determine if the tooth was chipped (if it actually is) recently?

Would the coroner be able to determine if the tooth was chipped (if it actually is) recently?

That's a great question! Do we have any members reading that are in dentistry? I imagine that the chip would wear over time, but this little ones teeth may have been so new that the chip may have been very recent.

Good question.

My guess is the coroner would have consultants, maybe a pediatric dentist. Thinking of a perfect world, of course! And I would guess they could tell such a thing as a chipped tooth and maybe even how old it is. You are right, it may not be a chipped tooth at all.

The baby in the Garfield Park lagoon matches someone's baby and other clues than DNA need to be examined to build a case. I am thinking the precision of the phantom drawing showing both the top and bottom teeth, in some ways awkwardly, and in some ways, perfectly, is a strong lead. Most families recognize their child's teeth more than anyone in the world, and that may be the right image to get the right tip. For example, someone may know, if it is indeed a chipped tooth, and it happened pre-death, when and where it happened.

Some more tech savvy people than me may be able to show a side by side comparison of the teeth.

That's a great question! Do we have any members reading that are in dentistry? I imagine that the chip would wear over time, but this little ones teeth may have been so new that the chip may have been very recent.

I was thinking the same thing and posting pretty much the same thing just going on and on much longer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy