Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/981583/chicago-police-collect-dna-try-id-dismembered-toddler

Looking at this, I am rethinking my assertion that DNA testing had already been completed for the other missing toddlers and they had been ruled out. I have read this article again and again, mainly because I assumed DNA testing WAS the investigative technique being used to exclude certain cases. What I am now thinking, as of at least this article's posting yesterday, maybe none of the missing toddler's have been ruled out through DNA.

Anyway, this is just one article and a lot goes on behind the scenes that the media learns about an hour late and a dollar short. In my mind, to sum, DNA had already ruled out the other toddlers in question but I may have been presumptive. Prayers to all of them.

Well done for spotting the chipped tooth! Looks like Kyrian does have the same tooth chipped :(

extralarge-vert.jpg

Wow. The mouths do look spot on in that comparison.

I'm going to have to read up on human trafficking. I don't think that's what happened here but I've always been so quick to dismiss it. Now in one of my LE classes I found out that Minneapolis is the 2nd most active city for human trafficking. But the thing is I hear it suggested a lot, yet I've never heard of a single death attributed to the epidemic, aren't they usually dealing with living people? The fact was just brought up as a blurb, we didn't go in depth. We can do service learning for the LE classes, doing volunteer work to help increase our grade, and one of the options was an advocacy center where you would go watch and report on court cases that involve domestic violence, human trafficking, and other things that victimize women and children for the most part. I didn't sign up in time for credit but I am still considering volunteering just to learn more about the things they watch. That's the organizations name btw: WATCH.

Wow. The mouths do look spot on in that comparison.

I'm going to have to read up on human trafficking. I don't think that's necessarily what happened here but I've always been so quick to dismiss it. Now in one of my LE classes I found out that Minneapolis is the 2nd most active city for human trafficking. But the thing is I hear it suggested a lot, yet I've never heard of a single death attributed to the epidemic, aren't they usually dealing with living people? The fact was just brought up as a blurb, we didn't go in depth. We can do service learning for the LE classes, doing volunteer work to help increase our grade, and one of the options was an advocacy center where you would go watch and report on court cases that involve domestic violence, human trafficking, and other things that victimize women and children for the most part. I didn't sign up in time for credit but I am still considering volunteering just to learn more about the things they watch. That's the organizations name btw: WATCH.

Yeah, if he was trafficked they wouldn't intentionally kill him, and they usually target older kids I think so they can make them work, or girls to force into prostitution...

But I thought what if the lagoon baby (if he's not Kyrian - and I'm guessing the DNA has confirmed he's a boy now??) was born to a trafficked mother, and that's why she couldn't report him missing. Maybe her pimp killed the baby, accidentally or on purpose, and then "disposed" of him :(
People usually speculate about little kids being kidnapped or killed for drug debts too, but I don't know how often that really happens? Or sold to paedophiles... I think I've read a few cases where it happens but not many.

Just looked it up and Shaniya Davis was sold by her mother at age 5 to a paedophile who murdered her and then dumped her body, apparently to settle a drugs debt. But it's very rare that it happens to children that young.

Lois Lee, the founder and president of the non-profit Children of the Night, said drugs are often involved when mothers are found to have sold or traded their children.

But the trafficking of a 5-year-old is "very rare," Lee said. "And very rare that they would call it trafficking."
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/accused-shaniya-davis-kidnapper-charged-murder-rape/story?id=9136407

Some statistics about children already known to DCFS who died in Chicago recently:
Jakarriah is one of 29 children killed from abuse or neglect in the last reporting year who died within a year after they or their caregivers had come under scrutiny by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, a Chicago Sun-Times and WBEZ review of newly released records from the agency’s inspector general found. One more abuse death remains under investigation.

The 29 deaths in DCFS-involved cases between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014, is nearly double the number in 2009-2010. Of those, 10 children died from abuse and 19 as a result of neglect — including 10 sleep-related neglect cases, half of which involved adults who were drunk or high sleeping alongside infants.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/...-illinois-child-welfare-agencys-faces-failure

The dismemberment is what makes this case so unusual imo...

I was thinking the same thing and posting pretty much the same thing just going on and on much longer! :)

lol, no worries. That's probably the first time anyone has accused me of being short and to the point! :tyou:

I think it is Kyrian...I'm so tired of babies being murdered. WTH is wrong with the world??

I do find the timing of reporting him missing after a body was found is very hinky...[emoji174][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been trying to figure out which thread to post this in, and I'll be glad to move it to Kyrian's if that's more appropriate.

Kyrian's mother said she had last talked to the man she left him with on September 6th, which is the same day this child's head, hands and right foot were found. That makes me wonder if he was afraid to talk to her in case she was suspicious. She was told he was missing by LE, not by that person after he was finally reported missing. I've also read that the body parts had been in the lagoon for one to two weeks; Kyrian was said to have been given to the tattooed man on August 28th, which was one week before the left foot was found.

Although I do think he looks older than the sketch and his hair looks shorter, I know the sketches aren't always (usually?) spot on. I'm still not totally convinced it's him, but it's getting harder to believe it isn't. I hope they either ID him or rule him out soon. I'm not accusing the man who was (supposed to be) caring for him, but it makes me wonder if he either knew or suspected that it was him.

MOO

If I need to add any links here, let me know please. They have already been posted here somewhere. TIA

I have to ask - Is the hair length on the sketch really as accurate as we're assuming it is?

Anyways, I really think this might be Kyrian. He definitely fits more than any of the other kids mentioned on this thread:

1. Age (2) fits within the 2 - 4 age range
2. Race (African-American) matches
3. Sex (male) likely matches the child found
4. Hair color (black) matches
5. Eye color (brown)
6. Timing is blurry but lines up with the UID's postmortem interval
7. Circumstances of disappearance are suspicious, line up with the UID
8. Distance between Rockford, IL and Garfield Park is only 86.5 miles (about a 1 1/2 hour drive)
9. Mother has ties to Chicago area
10. Very much resembles the sketch of the child UID. Face shape, shape of the nose, spacing between eyes, shape of the lips, placement of the ears. Hair and spacing between eyebrows are definitely off, though
11. Both children seem to have the same chipped tooth

Poor Kyrian.

Has King Walker been ruled out? I have see info going both ways so I am unsure. The one thing that worries me this might be King is the hair. There are a few pics of him with "twisties" on his "Find" FB page. Any thoughts?

Has King Walker been ruled out? I have see info going both ways so I am unsure. The one thing that worries me this might be King is the hair. There are a few pics of him with "twisties" on his "Find" FB page. Any thoughts?

I've found articles that say DNA on both Malik and King have been sent for analysis but I can't find anything that say's the DNA results of are back and these two are scientifically NOT this little baby.

Does anyone know how long it took to get the DNA results back in the baby doe (Bella) case?

Does anyone know how long it took to get the DNA results back in the baby doe (Bella) case?

I am not sure DNA result are back confirming the mother's or father's relationship to the Boston baby. If they are, it's not being released to the media, as far as I can tell.

For every publicized missing toddler story related to The Garfield Park toddler, each one of how the babies went missing in the first place is strange.

I thought it was confirmed at the arraignment on Monday that DNA matched for Bella.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I thought it was confirmed at the arraignment on Monday that DNA matched for Bella.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I just can't find that a DNA match for the Boston toddler and her parents has been confirmed and I have looked. Please let me know if you have a link. A mitochondrial DNA sequence was determined for the Boston toddler before she was officially identified but I can't seem to find that a DNA match was confirmed at the arraignment indicating either of Bella's parents were a match then, or now. It may be just the right tip and the subsequent confessions and blame games were what brought the arraignment. That being said, DNA testing is frustratingly slow and the right tip is key.

[emoji257] here's a rose for lagoon baby :(

I hope his identity if found soon. So not fair only parts of him sit in a morge somewhere all alone. And very few seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot