Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't find that a DNA match for the Boston toddler and her parents has been confirmed and I have looked. Please let me know if you have a link. A mitochondrial DNA sequence was determined for the Boston toddler before she was officially identified but I can't seem to find that a DNA match was confirmed at the arraignment indicating either of Bella's parents were a match then, or now. It may be just the right tip and the subsequent confessions and blame games were what brought the arraignment. That being said, DNA testing is frustratingly slow and the right tip is key.

If I am remembering correctly, it was mentioned during the arraignment on Monday. They mentioned getting Bella's DNA from a hair brush and a nasal syringe.

If you want to...you can watch the whole thing on youtube and see if I imagined it or not. Ha! -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOod2k6mplc

I don't really want to listen to it all again. Sorry.

Still thinking of you little man :heartluv:

I don't know whether they specifically tested that Baby Doe was related to the parents. They were able to test against some items belonging to Bella and make a positive identification that way, as AmyPond says, so they know she was the girl living in the home. I don't suppose LE cares whether they were biological parents. They already know the man living in the house wasn't the father.

Justice is coming Angel Baby. :rose: We're going to find your name and the person who did this to you.

I read an article that said Tra'Mya Pollard was a possible for this case. Firstly I don't find that likely at all but when attempting to find her in the missing child data base and here on WS I can't find anything. Does anyone know why? Here's the link to the article. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ered-toddler-and-a-family-left-in-pieces.html

I tried search for any information I could about Tra'Mya Pollard and couldn't find much info. I only found one picture of Tra'Mya and to me she appears older than this little one. When I went to the NCMEC website, it say's "Missing Child Poster Not Found". Could she have been located?

I found entries for her on a few local missing children boards. They seem to indicate she would be 8 now. Yeah, I suspect she's been found.

Just looking at the little teeth of the phantom baby drawing, at first, I could only see King. Now, I do see a more striking similarity to Malik. Both these babies grab at my heart. But looking at my own son's baby front and bottom teeth, before he lost them all his adult teeth, I see a resemblance there too. I am not a dentist, but those gaps between the baby teeth seem to be common. With my son, I just thought flossing would be easier. I wanted to point out that we can make connections between anything- that's what our minds do to us. Anyway, both of these cases need to some closure! Prayers to both King and Malik's moms and hope to see soon that DNA results are in.

Looking closely at the baby's upper teeth, it appears that they aren't just gapped, they might also be somewhat crooked, especially on his upper left. If that's the case, it might explain why they seem to have been able to eliminate several people. They wouldn't need x-rays, just a good smiling photo. (And they haven't said they won't follow up on King, Malik, etc. Only that it's unlikely.)

It is so sad that there are so many babies that this little Angel Doe could be. And if none of them are a match then we have a baby who hasn't been reported missing. I want little Angel Doe to have a name but I want all these sweet babies to be alive and well :(:(:(

The top front and bottom teeth are generally the first teeth to come in.
My 2.5 month old is cutting his bottom ones. :baby:
Though generally they come in at 4-7 months old.

Either way, plenty of time to chip one of them.
My nephew knocked one of his top two out at 2 years old.

The teeth visible in the sketch would likely be in by 18 months.

Here is a general idea of which teeth come in and when they do.

http://www.babycenter.com/101_baby-teeth-order-of-appearance_10355502.bc

Trying to say this delicately. Another reason why someone might treat a body like that might not be for space but for weight. Which would imply a small or weak person, because a toddler isn't usually that heavy.

good point carbuff. I still think it was a space/negotiability factor. but that is strictly :cow:

The perp had to transport remains to the dump site. They may have needed to do so on foot or via public transportation. To put it as delicately as I can, even though a toddler is small in size, a toddler's frame might not fit as easily or look as nondescript in a backpack, dufflebag or cooler as that same frame in smaller portions. :( a body still looks like a body - even a small one when transported in some items. Unless it doesn't any longer. :(

Man I wish we would get some news. It really bothers me that this poor child was treated like so much litter and put into a public park. I keep thinking of that interview with the man who taught his grandchild to fish in the lagoon and was so moved and affected by this child's discovery. That was one heck of a tear jerking article.

I think it's possible the toddler isn't from the immediate area. These remains were weighted down with the intent they wouldn't be found. Also these are the parts :)() that could quickly ID the child if found reasonably soon. I suspect the other parts were disposed of closer to where the child lived and these from the lagoon were transported from somewhere else. JMO

If you were going to transport the body parts, why choose a lagoon in a busy park rather than somewhere more secluded?
Is there CCTV in the park?

What do you think the person might have transported the body parts in - a rucksack or something? Why not just put the whole body in a little suitcase rather than going to the trouble of dismembering?

I'm gonna guess that once you dismember a body, it gets really messy and smelly really fast. Wouldn't that make it even more risky to take on public transport than a whole body in a suitcase?
Mind you, Luka Magnotta said he took Jun Lin's severed head on public transport and then left it in a park. It just seems so flagrant to get on a bus and sit next to people with body parts on your bag!! :(

To dismember a body you need privacy. Probably the person did it at home... Then if you were going to drive to the lagoon you could take as long as you wanted, but sitting on public transport I think the smell would become noticeable very quickly, and even if no one confronted the person about it they might remember and then phone in a tip when the body parts were found in the lagoon. And again, if you were going to travel a long way to dispose of the body parts, why choose such a public place rather than somewhere more private?

There was a local woman in my area. She killed her husband, dismembered him and then dumped the various body parts along stretches of country road near creeks, rivers and farm fields. His torso was found. The head hands and feet were never been located.

The lack of hands feet and head did indeed slow the ID of the man killed. She dismembered him in their small rental house. It sat on a small lot with houses on either side in very close proximity.

She did so in the bathtub and presumably let the blood run down the drain. Because of her method and the fact that she disposed of the parts relatively quickly, there was no smell noticeable by neighbors and visitors to the home. In addition, there was no bloody mess associated with the transport in her vehicle and no physical evidence found tying the body to the car.

She was convicted in large part due to the fact she borrowed a gun the week before and she purchased a reciprocal saw at the local DYI store. That and the fact that she had been lying to people saying he had up and left her which did not gel with some of the things she had told others.

I still cannot get past the fact that she stopped along the side of the road and wrestled a grown man's torso out of her car and dropped it down a ravine on the side of the road. In such a public place that was not necessarily lightly traveled.

I don't know why I am so convinced the perp in this case did not drive to the park. I have no basis on which to support this notion of mine. Just my feel because why dump the torso elsewhere? This was a small child, not a grown man. I agree that the hand feet head removal does slow IDing a victim. But this is such a small victim and so much easier to dispose of or hide than a grown person. The lack of torso being found and therefore possibly dumped elsewhere troubles me. Why not dump the entire child whole and weighted down in the lagoon if you feel it will not be discovered? Two dump spots increases the likelihood of being seen, caught, remains turning up, etc. than one in my mind anyway.

No facts. Just thoughts based on what was found and what was not and they possible whys.

I doubt they used public transport, I think they drove there. It could be a place they used to live near and familiar to them. IIRC some locals have said it's pretty dangerous there at night and most people don't go there then so it's possible they felt confident they wouldn't be seen. Also if there is CCTV there that would make it even more unlikely a local would choose that location IMO, too much chance of being recognized. But someone from elsewhere wouldn't necessarily be recognized. If there's CCTV and it was someone local, I think there would already be an arrest JMO.

I doubt they used public transport, I think they drove there. It could be a place they used to live near and familiar to them. IIRC some locals have said it's pretty dangerous there at night and most people don't go there then so it's possible they felt confident they wouldn't be seen. Also if there is CCTV there that would make it even more unlikely a local would choose that location IMO, too much chance of being recognized. But someone from elsewhere wouldn't necessarily be recognized. If there's CCTV and it was someone local, I think there would already be an arrest JMO.

It's a dangerous area at night? Imagine if someone had robbed them and stole their bag, what a shock they would have got when they opened it!

I doubt they wouldbe able to identify someone just from looking at the cctv footage from the park, because cctv footage is usually very low quality. But I was thinking that if they had a suspect in mind already, they could go through the footage and see if anyone who looked like person went into the park with a bag at any point.

The body parts were in a plastic bag, weren't they? So if the person had that in a rucksack or whatever, they must have taken the rucksack away with them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member