Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed the location would not be easily accessed by a vehicle without being noticed. So I assumed the body was treated like it was because at least part of the trip to the lagoon was done on foot. As someone stated earlier the weight of the body would be an issue for a weaker person. I'm a healthy but petite 32 year old, I have an 18 month old that's about 25 pounds and I would struggle to carry her the length of a football field without my muscles tiring.

Has Kyrian been ruled out yet?

And then from the freezer to a cooler, then off to the park, then stick around till everyone leaves.

And take a fishing pole with you. Makes it easy enough to get right to the lagoon if you look like everyone else that's out for a few hours of leisurely fishing.

I assumed the location would not be easily accessed by a vehicle without being noticed. So I assumed the body was treated like it was because at least part of the trip to the lagoon was done on foot. As someone stated earlier the weight of the body would be an issue for a weaker person. I'm a healthy but petite 32 year old, I have an 18 month old that's about 25 pounds and I would struggle to carry her the length of a football field without my muscles tiring.

Has Kyrian been ruled out yet?

I don't think a 25 lb body was dismembered because the killer was too weak to carry it.

Dismemberment requires a fair amount of strength (cutting and breaking joints) plus it is NOT for the weak of stomach. If they had tools on hand to make the job easier then they probably aren't frail individuals. Plus, hate to be graphic but if it was just about the weight cutting the body into 5+ pieces seems a bit much.

They didn't dismember the corpse because it was too heavy to move, they likely did it because they thought it would be harder to find/identify AND because they wanted too.

I've been reading (in small doses) about dismemberment. Rage seems to be a common theme. As well as extreme psychopath.

Regarding the park, I think if a guy who looked like he belonged in the neighborhood walked in the park at any time of day and tossed a garbage bag into the water, no one would think anything of it. Someone might think he's a jerk for tossing garbage, someone else might suspect he's getting rid of something he doesn't want anyone to find (I doubt a severed head would come to mind), but I don't think it would be an action that looked particularly out of place or memorable. Anyone who has spent time in urban parks knows they are full of garbage. They are full of garbage because people dump garbage.

I think it's entirely possible that someone tossed the bag without having to sneak to do it. My guess it's someone either local or with some sort of tie to the immediate area.

I also have a hunch the torso is also in the park or was tossed out in a nearby trash can.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. JMO.

I can't think why you would throw the torso in the trash but then throw the identifiable parts in a public lagoon,though. If the person had thrown the identifiable parts into a dumpster just before it was due to be emptied, they probably never would have been found and nobody would know that this poor baby had been killed.

Perhaps the person liked the idea of the poor baby's head and little hands and feet being right there in the middle all all those people in the park? Maybe it gave them some kind of a thrill, or they thought they could go and visit the location in future and feel important for knowing that the baby was there under the water.

Maybe they even wanted the body parts to be found? They were weighed down in a bag, but that obviously didn't work too well. How did the body parts end up surfacing? Did a turtle or something tear into the bag?
Or did the person intend for the parts to be found sooner or later, and so intentionally didn't hide them very well.

If the perp lives alone, perhaps they kept the torso and limbs?

I can't think why you would throw the torso in the trash but then throw the identifiable parts in a public lagoon,though. If the person had thrown the identifiable parts into a dumpster just before it was due to be emptied, they probably never would have been found and nobody would know that this poor baby had been killed.

Perhaps the person liked the idea of the poor baby's head and little hands and feet being right there in the middle all all those people in the park? Maybe it gave them some kind of a thrill, or they thought they could go and visit the location in future and feel important for knowing that the baby was there under the water.

Maybe they even wanted the body parts to be found? They were weighed down in a bag, but that obviously didn't work too well. How did the body parts end up surfacing? Did a turtle or something tear into the bag?
Or did the person intend for the parts to be found sooner or later, and so intentionally didn't hide them very well.

That's where I'm leaning. I think this was both concealment of the crime and also a thrill of being disgusting in the midst of unsuspecting people in a park.

I don't know why I am so convinced the perp in this case did not drive to the park. I have no basis on which to support this notion of mine. Just my feel because why dump the torso elsewhere?

RSBM

Allow me to say this is not fact, simply expanding on speculation. Thanks.

Is your gut feeling telling you that public transportation was used? This park, does it have public transportation driving through it? I know there is a shuttle bus service from Rockford to Chicago, I used to take it when flying out of Chicago. Easier to drive to Rockford, then hop on the bus.

I could very much jump on this theory, however the weight that was used would be a problem. I'm wondering if this baby found could have met harms way right in the Chicago area, and possibly more than one person was involved. Also thinking the crime could have taken place close to the park.

I hope this case is solved.

I've been reading (in small doses) about dismemberment. Rage seems to be a common theme. As well as extreme psychopath.

Sometimes it really is done out of practicality. The body is too heavy for the killer to move or too large/noticeable for the disposal method of choice (i.e. trash dumpster).

If it is not absolutely necessary for disposal I think the person would have to be a psychopath though, most people would be sickened by the idea and would try very hard to come up with other options.

RSBM

Allow me to say this is not fact, simply expanding on speculation. Thanks.

Is your gut feeling telling you that public transportation was used? This park, does it have public transportation driving through it? I know there is a shuttle bus service from Rockford to Chicago, I used to take it when flying out of Chicago. Easier to drive to Rockford, then hop on the bus.

I could very much jump on this theory, however the weight that was used would be a problem. I'm wondering if this baby found could have met harms way right in the Chicago area, and possibly more than one person was involved. Also thinking the crime could have taken place close to the park.

I hope this case is solved.

Yes. The Green Line L has a stop right there, called 'Conservatory/Central Park Drive'.

So, let's say someone took a bus from Rockford to the Loop... they could take the Blue line to the Green line easily.
If they came into O'Hare, same thing, just a different direction on the Blue line. Quick connect from the Blue at Clark and Lake, about a ten minute trip on the Green to Conservatory.

ETA... while I'm at it... the Blue line runs along the Eisenhower expressway, someone could take that to the Kedzie or Pulaski stop and be at the lagoon in about 8 blocks from either stop.

They'd have to walk into the park either way.

Not sure if there's a misunderstanding... just in case... I meant the park is in the middle of the map, not the middle of the L.
Though, if someone came up from the loop via the Green line, the stop is all of a block from the lagoon.

I think it's worth noting that cars in the park at night would stick out like a sore thumb. Someone walking around with a bag looking like they're up to no good? Not so much.

I think that is a possibility, but I'm leaning toward somebody walking into the park. I think the crime happened within walking distance.

JMO and subject to change as more info is known.

I think you are right. Within walking distance and the killer was familiar with the park. I wouldn't be surprised if the child used to visit that park.

If the killer was being analytical and figuring out train station stops to create distance they likely would have come up with a better idea. The location was convenient and probably had meaning.

Whoever did this was messed up in the head and none too bright, they weren't looking at maps and carefully planning their next move.

maybe I'm wrong but this is not getting near the press little Bella has gotten before they discovered her id , I wish there were a bigger outcry :(

maybe I'm wrong but this is not getting near the press little Bella has gotten before they discovered her id , I wish there were a bigger outcry :(

I think if a computer generated image was made for this little man like the one made for Bella, this case would be getting a lot more attention. There's nothing wrong with the sketch IMO but the other image brought Bella to life for us, so to speak. It gave her personality, she could be the girl next door, down the street or at the grocery school. It made it difficult to forget that she was a living breathing child IMO.

I think if a computer generated image was made for this little man like the one made for Bella, this case would be getting a lot more attention. There's nothing wrong with the sketch IMO but the other image brought Bella to life for us, so to speak. It gave her personality, she could be the girl next door, down the street or at the grocery school. It made it difficult to forget that she was a living breathing child IMO.

I think you're right. The sketch does show a unique child - this is not a "generic" little child we're looking for, but someone specific. But...the computer image was so compelling for people to look at. It would be nice to someone make one, but perhaps the condition of the body make it impossible??

IDK. Just want this child named and properly buried. And justice served, of course.

I can't think why you would throw the torso in the trash but then throw the identifiable parts in a public lagoon,though. If the person had thrown the identifiable parts into a dumpster just before it was due to be emptied, they probably never would have been found and nobody would know that this poor baby had been killed. :thinking:

Im guessing the bag deteriorated over time or there was perhaps already an opening in the bag causing the parts to float. When they start to decompose, bacteria and enzymes start to break down tissue and produce gases causing the parts to rise to the surface. Why they did it this way is a mystery. Maybe they had a plan for this but in the moment their adrenaline maybe impeded their ability to think straight. But, this is only speculation.:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot