Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still Nothing...wth is going on! I'm impatient as it is, this is driving me nuts. I know LE proably have lots going on in the background I just wish they'd share some with us.

Sorry for butting into this thread in this way.

Do they know for certain yet if this was a boy or girl?

I think that if you want more coverage for this baby that a name might help...it was easy enough for Bella Bond to call her Deer Island Baby Doe, but I think this one is an edge more horrific of a crime that people won't really want to think about.

If we don't know the gender maybe something like "Chicago Doe--the Lagoon Baby". Something easily printed for headlines in newspapers/sites, something easy to type part of it into a search engine. A name to go with the pencil photofit drawing to add some humanity to this horror.

Do you have any links to local media police or people who might agree to take this suggestion on board? I think it's best to not argue and vote over multiple suggestions for names, but I'm not saying that my suggestion is the only option.

ETA, I like that genderless option for SEO purposes. If we know it's a boy then either that name or maybe Garfield Doe--the Lagoon Baby. Good SEO will be good for getting a little more attention.

Garfield Doe is how I refer to this little one in my mind.

Garfield Doe is how I refer to this little one in my mind.

Garfield is a great name. Strong overtones with undertones of a cute cartoon cat. Very masculine though, which is why I think it's better if we know it was a male child?

It's also very specific to the location. "Chicago Doe" would be a little more general...it's important for everyone in Chicago to feel involved, to care about this little one.

I suggest you give it 24 hours and then Bessie can make a decision that everyone here will agree to adhere to. Then, a few people go back and edit a post or two from earlier in the thread to include the name that's decided on.

Then go to those local newspapers that have online versions and comment boards, find the stories about this baby and write a comment, dropping the name...hopefully that will help get some reporter onto the name and get some fresh stories written about this child.

On social media, make a group with this name in and/or drop the name into existing groups. Someone make up a graphic of the little one's photofit and attach the name and share that around media or put it into your siggy here.

I haven't read any of the news stories...any reporters reading? You know how to do your job, but write this little one a story, find some angles? We're going to give this child a name that we're going to use in this forum and we want you to share it with the public. It's not just this child but what was his life like? Where did he/she live and who with? What kind of person would do a thing like this? This person is walking the streets right now! You could be sitting next to them on the bus or metro. They could live in someone's street? They could be living with other children, or almost certainly a terrified partner/spouse/girlfriend. Hasn't someone noticed a missing child of this approximate age? Tell people to be nosy, ask questions, contact LE. Make this your newspaper's pet case that you will not let go until it is known who this child is and who did this to them!

(I hope I sound assertive and not bullying. It just seemed that the thread needed it, and I'm posting this way for the baby's sake and for any other children at risk from this monster that's at large.)

When this thread first came up it reminded me of "Adam" in the UK...I think having a name to call him gives him some humanity back that his killer has tried to deny him in death. I really think it's important for this child, too, for the same reasons.

I can't stop thinking about this case now. My mind is playing over scenarios and won't let me rest. I can't imagine how the LE and pathology staff feel over it.

My heart also goes out to King's family, not knowing where their little boy is and scared that that this might be him :-(

I think LE are working on something behind the scenes, and that's why they haven't put out any press releases for a while. I think they have a good idea who Chicago Baby Doe is, and they are working towards arrests... JMO.

I think LE are working on something behind the scenes, and that's why they haven't put out any press releases for a while. I think they have a good idea who Chicago Baby Doe is, and they are working towards arrests... JMO.

With so little news (none), I pray you are right. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day.

I've always thought of him as lagoon baby. I have nothing helpful to add but this baby is on my mind often.

Poor baby. I think of him/her often. I'm hoping that the sketch reaches the right people and this baby gets justice. I'm pretty sure he/she must have been murdered, there wouldn't be a reason to dismember a baby if it died of consumption, accidental OD or natural causes.

According to a post from King's mom on the Find Diamond and King FB page, King has been ruled out by DNA as the baby in the lagoon. His DNA results are finally back from the FBI.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/305402219583398

WTH? The FBI in legendary Quantico, VA made the call regarding the DNA? That is the stuff of movies. I am thinking most local investigative agencies don't involve the FBI or would not have sent DNA their way for analysis without a reason. Some of you other Sleuthers may have more information regarding why the FBI would be involved. All I can think is there was real evidence more than conjecture that the little one one was taken over state lines... Maybe the local LE just needed some help. I don't know but would love some guidance.

I know there were some threads earlier about what to call him- I think of him as the Garfield Park Baby. Maybe the FBI was called in just because there are so many missing toddlers in the region.

Anyway, this case has really bugged me from the get go. Glad it's not King, although the story regarding how Diamond and King came to be missing in the first place is strange too. I hope King is still out there, alive, and being well cared for alongside his aunt Diamond.

Could be because King was missing from IN and this was in IL?

I'm glad it's not King too, but I really wish they would find out who this little tot is.

Could be because King was missing from IN and this was in IL?

I'm glad it's not King too, but I really wish they would find out who this little tot is.

Probably, fizzypop. Just frustrated the DNA tests took so long, calming down now. There are other possibilities out there that need to be ruled out too. It's just that King's story, and of his family, really brought me to the Garfied Park Baby/Toddler.

Surely they've had enough time to rule others out by now? What is going on? :(

I'm reaching here , but I suppose that's what one must do in these situations.

Decades ago my husband and I had our daughter just out of high school and we were on food stamps and WIC. We used it for its intended purpose and gradually became more independent . It was a temporary phase in our life .

Now going by the assumption that this child is local ( based on several factors previously discussed) , and likely low income ( a reasonable assumption I believe given the statistics of the area) I would say that it is likely that this child was on WIC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as though there are only 15 WIC offices in Chicago according to the link below. Couldn't they comb through the records for those who have not shown up for their monthly appointment ( in this child's age range) and take it from there ?

http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/cdph/supp_info/clinical_health/wic_clinics.html

Women Infants and children - a program for pregnant mothers , and children under 5 . "WIC-Women Infant Children is a federal funded program implemented by the City of Chicago Department of Public Health that provides pregnant, breastfeeding, postpartum women, children and infants with nutrition assistance".

http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/cdph/provdrs/clinic/svcs/apply_for_wic_.html

I don't know how it works now, but I got free nutritional counseling and food ( WIC approved cereal, milk, 100% juice! dry peas , peanut butter , formula and a few more items) and I believe that I had to take my daughter in for at least monthly visits. Part of what they did was test her for anemia.

So if it still works in a similar fashion , I would think that perhaps they could look for people locally who have dropped out of the program that had a child in this baby's age range and track them down.
My belief is that if it's free , they will not drop out.

And back in my day, you HAD to take your child periodically if not to each visit.

I DO believe that the lack of information being released is indicative that they are working on something behind the scenes , but this was just a thought that I had.

Yes haroldchasen is a female lol 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member