Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me wonder if the torso and limbs aren't in the east side of the lagoon. Multiple bags, dumped throughout.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

That makes me wonder if the torso and limbs aren't in the east side of the lagoon. Multiple bags, dumped throughout.

Wasn't that part searched?

Yes, that's true. I'm looking at this map again, and I see what you mean.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...lagoon-in-search-maps-20150908-htmlstory.html
To make it worse... they just removed the dam to refill the west side. So...unless they screened the dam, if the remainder of the body was on the east side, there's the possibility it moved to the west when it refilled.

That said... given what parts were found in the west side it's probably unlikely the rest was in the east side.

Or its totally likely. I don't know.

*runs away*

This one says separate bags with weights. So did the perp make more than one trip?

http://abc7chicago.com/news/toddlers-body-in-garfield-park-lagoon-1-to-2-weeks-cpd-says/975266/
I wonder if that's accurate. I believe all of the other reports state a 20 lb weight was found nearby. Nothing about each part in a separate weighted bag. Plastic bags were found in the water, but not with the parts inside.

For that matter, the person who first called 911 said s/he spotted a foot floating in the lagoon. How would that person have seen the foot if it were in a plastic bag? And if the bag was weighted, would it have floated?

"Saturday afternoon, someone called 911 to report a foot floating in the lagoon. It turned out to be the left foot of the child, according to authorities.

Police later found the child's other foot and both hands toward the north end of the lagoon about 25 yards away. A 20-pound weight was found nearby, authorities said."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ains-of-dismembered-child-20150908-story.html

"The child’s foot was found in the lagoon Saturday afternoon. Police later found the child’s other foot, both hands, and a 20-pound weight nearby. On Sunday, the child’s severed head was found.

Several plastic bags were found in the lagoon, but police have not said whether the bags had been used to dump the child’s body parts."
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09...etch-of-toddler-in-garfield-park-lagoon-case/

"Officers were first called to the lagoon around 4:40 p.m. Saturday when someone called 911 to report they saw something strange floating in the water, Chicago Police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said. The object in the water turned out to be a toddler's left foot, according to police.

Upon further investigation, officers found the right foot and a hand about 25 yards away. Later Sunday, they recovered the child's head.

A 20-pound weight was also found near the body parts, Guglielmi said. Police are still investigating whether the weight is connected to the discovery of the remains or if it was simply dumped in the same area."
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Found-in-Garfield-Park-Lagoon-325768941.html

I wonder the same Bessie. I think there is only that one article that references multiple bags.

Yea maybe they messed up. Where is the rest of this little man and who is he?

To make it worse... they just removed the dam to refill the west side. So...unless they screened the dam, if the remainder of the body was on the east side, there's the possibility it moved to the west when it refilled.

That said... given what parts were found in the west side it's probably unlikely the rest was in the east side.

Or its totally likely. I don't know.

*runs away*

My feeling, based on some other dismemberment cases, is that the rest of the remains were disposed of in an entirely separate location. If dismemberment is a means to avoid detection, then it only makes sense to scatter them.

I agree, but it still bugs me that both sides weren't drained. Just a big ole "what if".

Could fish eat through the bag to get to the remains?

I saw on a website there were a few types of fish in the lagoon.

I don't know if a fish could, but snapping turtles could eat through a plastic bag.

Snapper.jpg

Could fish eat through the bag to get to the remains?

I saw on a website there were a few types of fish in the lagoon.
I've been hesitant to mention this subject, and I can't give a good answer because I haven't researched to see what type of marine life inhabits the lagoon. But for sure, certain fish and other critters, like a snapping turtle, could tear away at a plastic bag.

ETA: Here's an article I hadn't read. A reporter talked to a fisherman on the east side of the lagoon. He said he doesn't fish on the other side because there's too much criminal activity. He also mentions carp, catfish, bluegill, and turtles. But fish nibble. They would make small holes, but I don't know if they could rip through a bag.

I told Rodriguez I was looking for the men who regularly fish the west half of the lagoon. He said he sticks to the east half.

“Less people on this side, more criminal activity on that side,” Rodriguez said.

“Lot of fish in here, too,” chimed in his companion, Marianne Dedman. “Lot of fish. Lot of turtles.”

He said he mostly catches carp, catfish and bluegill.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/mark-brown/7/71/943383/garfield-park-fisherman-theres-stuff

I hadn't even thought about snapping turtles!

They're everywhere around here.
That picture was taken on my lunch break on the NW side, in an industrial area.

I'd eat my shoe if there weren't any around the lagoon.

My feeling, based on some other dismemberment cases, is that the rest of the remains were disposed of in an entirely separate location. If dismemberment is a means to avoid detection, then it only makes sense to scatter them.

That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't make sense for someone to hastily dump body parts on one side of the park and then go to the other side to drop the torso. My thought would be that they would want to exit the park as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot