Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkansas - Chicago - 9
Hours by car! Just thinking about little Malik Drummond whom I followed for months and months, there are no leads and there is a thread for him!

Poor baby, can't begin to imagine what he or she has went through in their short life :(

Thanks - that works! The article mentions the head measurements. I'm not an ME myself, of course, and don't have the data that the ME does, but my assumption is that they have information about the Gary child's size and it doesn't match the head found in the lake. I recall from my kids' early years, the doctors take head measurements at all appointments so they probably aren't guessing on the measurements for the Gary boy.

Of course, DNA would be the best determination. I don't think they would rule out the Gary child, however, unless they were certain.

I've read this 3 times and can't find anything about head measurements. What am I missing? Has the article been edited? Or am I just not seeing it?

I've read this 3 times and can't find anything about head measurements. What am I missing? Has the article been edited? Or am I just not seeing it?

First sentence of the 5th paragraph. I quoted in a post above, but just checked the article and it's still there. Here it is again, BBM:

"The medical examiner's is basing its age estimate on an examination of the head, one of the most recent body parts found after a passerby on Saturday reported seeing what appeared to be a human foot floating in the lagoon."
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5c5fe2ef-b14d-55ac-ae4f-11d30843d99d.html

I haven't followed King's case, but it's not all that common for a 2-3 year old to have dental X-rays. My kids dentist doesn't even try before age 5 because they rarely get a useable film. Their mouths just aren't large enough to properly hold the plate and it's a waste of money. They can only bill insurance for a certain number of X-rays, so they want to be sure to get a good shot. My experience only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's possible there's something distinctive about King's teeth that is missing in the teeth of these remains?

That's entirely possible. I guess there might also be a difference in the shape of the head. But without DNA testing it seems a bit premature to rule anyone out, IMO. Preliminarily there may be something distinctive.

I am not sure what they can do with the fingerprints of a toddler. Does anyone have them on file besides the few parents who do the 'Kidnap/Emergency' kits?

My newborns had fingerprints and footprints taken as a memento at the hospital. Not sure I still have them though.

I don't think the hospital kept them. It was a card that I got.

I remember mine having their footprints done, but not sure about their finger prints.

But is there a data base that the prints can be run through? I don't think so.

Some kids are in the Namus database but I think most toddlers don't have fingerprint info on file. But if you have a missing child as a candidate the family might be able to help with the fingerprints, find a fingerpaint artwork or a toy or something else with the child's fingerprints on it.

Worth a try, at least fingerprints might be able to rule some children out.

I am not sure what they can do with the fingerprints of a toddler. Does anyone have them on file besides the few parents who do the 'Kidnap/Emergency' kits?

Well, I got the info about the mismatch from the link that is no longer working! Hmmm..

It appears to be a broken link because of the .... that appears in the URL, did you copy from another post on WS?

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5c5fe2ef-b14d-55ac-ae4f-11d30843d99d.html

He's the right age but I guess his head measurements might still rule him out if he's been on a pediatrician visit recently and got his head measured. Too long hair, or teeth don't match recent photos of King, or something.

Arkansas - Chicago - 9
Hours by car! Just thinking about little Malik Drummond whom I followed for months and months, there are no leads and there is a thread for him!

Poor baby, can't begin to imagine what he or she has went through in their short life :(

Thinking about Malik too edinlass :( and Myra Lewis. I know distance makes it a long shot but I can't help it. Logically I think this sweet baby will turn out to be a name we haven't heard of, but you never know.

How incredibly horrible! How can someone do something so terrible to a little child? I will never understand.

Re: Lonzie Barton, obviously not him since this is an AA child, but I also think Lonzie is much closer to home, with the timeline of how long the boyfriend had to dispose of the body. I know he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but I am pretty sure he did it and Lonzie is not too far from where he was last seen and just hasn't been found yet, poor kid. Unless the boyfriend had someone else dispose of him afterwards, I just have a feeling he is very close to his home area.

I have 2 year old. They did his footprints at birth. He's never had fingerprints taken. He has had a dentist appointment but no x-rays were done.

I have 2 year old. They did his footprints at birth. He's never had fingerprints taken. He has had a dentist appointment but no x-rays were done.

My kids' heads were measured at every doctor appointment when they were little. I think they know the Gary child's measurements and are able to compare them to the head they found to rule out a match. I know other WSers want DNA to confirm that, but sometimes a measuring tape works. But what do I know.

JMO

Or they might think it's probably a girl... based on hair ornaments or princess socks or something, even though they can't confirm yet?

Yep, I know they've done that with my Goddaughter, measure her head at every appointment. If the skull found was too small I'd say that would be a rule out, since it wouldn't get smaller. If it was bigger that might take some more investigating, depending on how long since his last appointment.
These cases are so bittersweet, because you don't want them to be anyone, for anyone to have to find out a child they cared about or loved went through something so horrible, but you do want them to be identified so they can rest in peace.

My kids' heads were measured at every doctor appointment when they were little. I think they know the Gary child's measurements and are able to compare them to the head they found to rule out a match. I know other WSers want DNA to confirm that, but sometimes a measuring tape works. But what do I know.

JMO

Or teeth! This child may have a full set of baby teeth in such as the 2 year molars which would most likely rule out an infant such as the Gary infant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia