Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
do they think the weight was tied to just a part, or that it was in a bag w all the parts and they came free from the bag? or unrelated?

[gUOTE=skibaboo;12049043]Well don't I feel like a complete idiot! I thought the 20lb weight they were referring to was a discreet way of meaning the torso, ugh. Silly me, an actual 20lb weight..[/QUOTE]

do they think the weight was tied to just a part, or that it was in a bag w all the parts and they came free from the bag? or unrelated?

It's horrible to even say it but my guess would be the parts were all in a bag with the weight :( so awful

Pediatricians take prints during the first visits, I think, but not sure all do.

Hospitals do foot prints. I don't know how comparable that is to fingerprints, especially after being in the water.

Just thinking out loud but how do they go about draining a lagoon? A suction type machine I wonder! I'd imagine it would be a hard task to try and suck out the water while making sure not to suck out any evidence! Don't envy them ppls jobs that's for sure :(

Just thinking out loud but how do they go about draining a lagoon? A suction type machine I wonder! I'd imagine it would be a hard task to try and suck out the water while making sure not to suck out any evidence! Don't envy them ppls jobs that's for sure :(

Maybe they use something similar to equipment used to clean septic systems?

Isn't it possible that the blood types just don't match? That takes almost no time to check.

MOO

Or the body has been deceased much longer than King and his aunt have been missing.

I'm afraid if these were completely skeletal remains, sadly this little angel may have been there for many years.:rose:

How would skeletal remains "float" in a lake? I think this was recent enough for the natural bloating to have caused the parts to float, but that there was significant decomp.

Thinking about Malik too edinlass :( and Myra Lewis. I know distance makes it a long shot but I can't help it. Logically I think this sweet baby will turn out to be a name we haven't heard of, but you never know.

I think about Myra, Malick, Delano (in Indianapolis), and Daphne(Oakland area), almost every day.

I think they're waiting to see if they can find the rest of the body without draining by underwater searching. If that doesn't work, then I think they will drain it. If it does work, then they don't need to drain.

I sure hope they make every effort to search thoroughly.

:(

You know they are. Everyone working on this case is a mother, father, grandparent, foster parent, church volunteer, something related to children.

Often a victim is dismembered to make it easier for perp to transport and dump the remains, but doing that to a toddler, might suggest some kind of freaky cult activity, imo.

**shudder**
The Green line El has a stop right there... for easy access to the Conservatory. I used to live a few blocks west of here, right on Lake street, and took the Green line often.
The idea that someone may have taken this poor baby to his resting place on the train, feet away from any number of passengers, just adds another layer of horror to what is already unfathomable.

I was out of town over the weekend, and finding this story is literally making me sick to my stomach. My wee niece LOVES the Conservatory, it's this stunningly beautiful place nestled in a less than savory neighborhood.

I agree. It is strange that this child hasn't been reported missing. This is just terrible. It is almost unimaginable that there are such cruel and sick people in this world.

I can see no way that a child was "accidentally" dismembered.

What about disarticulation after being in the water for a long time? A shoe washed up on the beach in British Columbia with the foot intact and that's what happened.

Although now that I think about it it doesn't seem likely to happen to someone's head.

For some reason I've been hoping that's what happened here because the other is too awful to think about. :(

What about disarticulation after being in the water for a long time? A shoe washed up on the beach in British Columbia with the foot intact and that's what happened.

Although now that I think about it it doesn't seem likely to happen to someone's head.

For some reason I've been hoping that's what happened here because the other is too awful to think about. :(

Maybe if it had been just one limb, but with at least six sections it seems almost impossible. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all... I apologize for this post. :(

I believe, since someone saw the foot floating and knew it was something that should not be there, that it was not so decomposed that it was not recognizable as a foot. A floating foot bone would be much less likely to arouse suspicion (especially the tiny foot or heel bones of a toddler). Footwear might offer some protection to the soft tissue of the foot, but by all reports this poor baby was not wearing anything.

If decomposition was not advanced enough to render the foot unrecognizable, I can't imagine that the cartilage could have decomposed enough to disarticulate. It's much tougher than skin and muscle.

Then again... who knows what the caller actually saw. How close to shore it was. I suppose if it were right in front of them, and totally devoid of soft tissue, it would be very obvious what it was. Something about the way the original article I read was worded made me think it was too far away to be certain what it was. I'll have to go back and re-read.

How will police make sure no evidence is pumped away? I'm sure there will be many pieces of debris, trash, and likely animal bones.

First of all... I apologize for this post. :(
[rsbm]

If decomposition was not advanced enough to render the foot unrecognizable, I can't imagine that the cartilage could have decomposed enough to disarticulate. It's much tougher than skin and muscle.

Good point. And now I realize the other time I heard of this happening, it was to a woman died on a hike and it was the same thing - her foot was protected inside her shoe. That probably makes a difference.

Whatever the circumstances this is all heartbreaking and gruesome.

How will police make sure no evidence is pumped away? I'm sure there will be many pieces of debris, trash, and likely animal bones.

They must have some way of filtering it. Just my guess.

They must have some way of filtering it. Just my guess.

Not sure about there but here they used fire hoses with a pump. They also attached a boxed screen at the end. They used several hoses and pumped from the top of the pond. A diver attended to the boxed screen to capture anything collected and documented where it came from.

JMO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member