Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about there but here they used fire hoses with a pump. They also attached a boxed screen at the end. They used several hoses and pumped from the top of the pond. A diver attended to the boxed screen to capture anything collected and documented where it came from.

JMO's

Sounds like a very unpleasant job. Continued gratitude for the people who are part of this search and investigation.

My newborns had fingerprints and footprints taken as a memento at the hospital. Not sure I still have them though.

I don't think the hospital kept them. It was a card that I got.

Some kids are in the Namus database but I think most toddlers don't have fingerprint info on file. But if you have a missing child as a candidate the family might be able to help with the fingerprints, find a fingerpaint artwork or a toy or something else with the child's fingerprints on it.

Worth a try, at least fingerprints might be able to rule some children out.

RBBM

I never thought of that before. Missing children's toys and their fingerprints.

Why dismember a toddler?? They are small enough to easily hide without being chopped up :( This reminds me of "Adam", the torso of the boy found in the Thames river... Police thought it could be a "medicine murder" or some kind of black magic ritual killing, but it was never solved... Or could it be some kind of exorcism ritual? Just seems unusual for a toddler/ small child to be dismembered...

Good point. And now I realize the other time I heard of this happening, it was to a woman died on a hike and it was the same thing - her foot was protected inside her shoe. That probably makes a difference.

Whatever the circumstances this is all heartbreaking and gruesome.
I've been wondering about common snapping turtle intervention too. I think it would be pretty easy to determine if it was done by a person or an animal.

I hate this thread.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Why dismember a toddler?? They are small enough to easily hide without being chopped up :( This reminds me of "Adam", the torso of the boy found in the Thames river... Police thought it could be a "medicine murder" or some kind of black magic ritual killing, but it was never solved... Or could it be some kind of exorcism ritual? Just seems unusual for a toddler/ small child to be dismembered...

A certain age person comes to mind (IMO) one with severe problems, obviously. It wouldn't be the first time.

Some new info here. http://fox6now.com/2015/09/08/latest-police-to-drain-chicago-lagoon-to-search-for-toddler-remains/

Investigators have DNA, dental evidence, fingerprints and footprints that need to be examined.

Oh I am so hoping they can quickly determine who this little soul is ......

I am following the wynarka angel found in a suitcase and from following that thread it appears without a DNA match DNA is worthless also dental evidence is a hit and a miss when it comes to toddlers as most don't visit a dentist at that age!

🙏 for answers!

Not sure about there but here they used fire hoses with a pump. They also attached a boxed screen at the end. They used several hoses and pumped from the top of the pond. A diver attended to the boxed screen to capture anything collected and documented where it came from.

JMO's

Ah, that makes perfect sense! I so hope they carry out this in this case because the thought of evidence going awol is incomprehensible..

New information... Ears not pierced, hair short, black and curly, press conference tomorrow.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ains-of-dismembered-child-20150908-story.html

"Authorities have released new details about the dismembered child found in Garfield Park Lagoon over the weekend, saying it appears to have been an African-American between 8 months and 4 years of age, possibly a boy.

But they cautioned that "mixed race heritage cannot be excluded" and that the "female gender cannot be ruled out" either. And the age could be closer to 2 or 3."

So AA, possibly mixed. Probably a boy but possibly a girl. Most likely between 2-3 but could also be anywhere from 8mo-4y.

I'm anxiously awaiting that presser tomorrow!

"Authorities have released new details about the dismembered child found in Garfield Park Lagoon over the weekend, saying it appears to have been an African-American between 8 months and 4 years of age, possibly a boy.

But they cautioned that "mixed race heritage cannot be excluded" and that the "female gender cannot be ruled out" either. And the age could be closer to 2 or 3."

So AA, possibly mixed. Probably a boy but possibly a girl. Most likely between 2-3 but could also be anywhere from 8mo-4y.

I'm anxiously awaiting that presser tomorrow!

I can't get little Malik Drummond out of my mind. I know the distance is really far, but you never know.

AND brown eyes! There must still be cartilage since they can tell the ears are not pierced. Does anyone knowledgeable know approximately how many weeks this little child has been dead and in the water?

Actually, I think there still must be skin to tell that the ears weren't pierced. This sound like this little angel hasn't been gone terribly long.

Actually, I think there still must be skin to tell that the ears weren't pierced. This sound like this little angel hasn't been gone terribly long.

I don't think there would need to be skin to determine if the ears weren't pierced. The cartilage would determine that. So, it could be either way.

I don't think there would need to be skin to determine if the ears weren't pierced. The cartilage would determine that. So, it could be either way.

No cartilage in your earlobes.

I can't get little Malik Drummond out of my mind. I know the distance is really far, but you never know.

I can't either, it's a good 600 odd miles from Arkansas but still..the curly, short, brown hair and brown eyes made my heart go into my throat! Also the nearer 2 or 3 age range!

P.s. Looking on google maps it is in a direct straight line near enough from the two cities, I know this means nothing!

My heart is aching!

AND brown eyes! There must still be cartilage since they can tell the ears are not pierced. Does anyone knowledgeable know approximately how many weeks this little child has been dead and in the water?
I'm not knowledgeable....but I don't think it would be very long. Hair intact... earlobes intact enough to tell they weren't pierced? I would guess less than a week. It's been brutally hot here, and there is a lot of life in the local park ponds this year. I've seen more fish and turtles this year than I have ever before. I know it's gross and horrible, but aside from regular decomposition I would think critters would have been getting at him if he'd been there longer.

What kind of beast has the heart to not only kill, but dismember someone so tiny and vulnerable? What the hell are we becoming?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member