IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 6, 2023
[...]

Back in May, the woman came forward claiming she might be Diamond Bradley, with the same obvious scar on her head. The FBI has since started the process of checking DNA samples on the woman to see if she is in fact, Diamond Bradley.

"We're hoping that this is Diamond at the end of the day, but we're not going to fully be prepared that it is, and it’s not because at the end of the day, we still have one of my other nieces that's been missing," said April Jackson, the sisters’ Aunt.

[...]

The Texas woman has undergone cheek swabs and fingerprinting, but the Bradley family has been told results could take up to six months.

(New York, NY) - ID's groundbreaking missing persons series, DISAPPEARED, returns this month to ID with all-new heartbreaking, unsolved mysteries beginning Sunday, August 20 at 10/9c. New episodes this season will also feature shocking, unsolved missing persons cases from across the country. Each episode begins right before a vanishing occurs and chronicles the search for clues that may indicate what happened. Presenting timely stories with urgency for the public to act on, the families of the missing hope the series will elevate their loved one's story to bring forth any details or context that may be able to help decipher the truth and a pathway home.

Kicking off the new season is a special two-hour premiere, DISAPPEARED: THE BRADLEY SISTERS, shedding light on an unsettling mystery that has haunted Chicago since July 6, 2001 when 10-year-old Tionda and 3-year-old Diamond Bradley disappeared without a trace from their apartment. Over the past two decades since the Bradley sisters disappeared have been full of twists and turns. Retired Chicago PD Detective Pamela Childs, who was part of the investigation in 2001, revisits critical theories and evidence while exploring the undeniable impact the sister's disappearance had on their family and the community at large. With never-before-seen interviews and unprecedented access to the Bradleys, including mother Tracey, the special culminates in a shocking admission from a key member of the family, rocking the investigation to its core. DISAPPEARED: THE BRADLEY SISTERS premieres on Sunday, August 20 from 10pm - 12am ET.

DISAPPEARED: THE BRADLEY SISTERS will have an 8-episode companion podcast, with two episodes available immediately following the ID premiere. Those looking to dig further in on the case and hear more about the active investigation can subscribe to the podcast on the DISAPPEARED feed, found at Apple, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts.

August 17, 2023

(NewsNation) — Numerous leads have surfaced since Diamond and Tionda Bradley went missing from their Chicago-area home 22 years ago, but a recent lead about a woman in her 20s living in Houston has given the family renewed hope.

Jackson said the woman showed a genuine interest in discovering her true identity and was willing to undergo a DNA test.

“She went by herself along with another friend to go get that DNA test,” Jackson said. “So that was different for us, versus the FBI making someone else go and get their fingerprints and DNA taken.”

Tracy, the girl’s mother, went to Texas to try to connect with this woman.

However, the meeting did not go as expected as the woman and her friend felt uncomfortable meeting with Tracy because “they preferred to just wait until the DNA returned,” said the sisters’ great aunt, Sheliah Bradley-Smith.

Bradley-Smith expressed concern over the emotional toll such encounters can take on Tracy, who has been tirelessly searching for answers.

The family is now waiting for the results of the DNA tests conducted by the FBI, hoping for a breakthrough that will provide clarity and possibly lead to a reunion with their missing loved ones.

The upcoming broadcast of an Investigation Discovery program Sunday night has promised to reveal significant information related to the case.

While at work, Tracey called home three times between 7 and 8 am but there was no answer. Sometime between 11 and 11:30 am, she returned home from work only to discover that Tionda and Diamond were gone. While frantically searching the apartment, Tracey found a note written by Tionda that said the girls were going to a store called Jewel Osco followed by a trip to the playground.

The note didn't clarify which playground, however, it was assumed that Tionda meant the playground at Doolittle Elementary where she was enrolled for summer classes but had not attended that day.

Tracey went to Jewel Osco and the playground, but Tionda and Diamond weren't there. She checked with neighbors and relatives but no one had seen or heard from them. Tracey and her sister, Faith, searched the neighborhood for seven hours before Tracey finally reported the girls missing at 7 pm.

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=0seXvD_0l0eOX4C00

A newspaper clipping of the casePhoto byUSA Today

What ensued was a massive search. Dogs, helicopters, and dive teams were deployed but the girls were nowhere to be found. 5,000 abandoned buildings were searched, to no avail.

Tracey later discovered that Tionda had left her a voicemail at 8:17 am that morning. Tionda stated that "George" was at the door and asked for permission to leave the apartment because he wanted to take the girls out to get them a birthday cake; their sister Victoria's birthday was coming up.

What remains unclear is whether Tionda was referring to her mother's boyfriend or a neighbor who was also named George and sometimes babysat the girls. However, the family believes that Tionda was referring to Tracey's boyfriend because the girls always referred to the neighbor by an unknown nickname. George Washington denied returning to the apartment after he dropped Tracey off at work.

A handwriting analyst for the FBI determined that the note was indeed written by Tionda, however, the family believes she was forced to write it because the spelling and grammar were perfect and did not match how Tionda usually spoke. They believe she was told what to write and how to write it.

George W. did not participate in the searches for the girls and it was discovered that he argued with Tracey shortly before they vanished; George did not believe that he was Diamond's biological father, and took a paternity test. The results arrived weeks earlier and proved he was her father.

Shortly before the sisters disappeared, George told Tracey that he was planning a camping trip for the four of them. It was supposed to take place a few days later. However, it was later discovered that the trip was fake. George had not made any reservations nor had he prepared for a camping trip.

On July 12, the authorities found a receipt in George's home for a pack of 42-gallon garbage bags, gardening gloves, neoprene gloves, and bleach, purchased one day after Tionda and Diamond went missing. 5 garbage bags were missing and the gardening gloves were nowhere to be found.

Several witnesses said they saw George burn something in a 55-gallon drum in his backyard, put it in his trunk, and drive away. Hair belonging to the girls was found in the trunk. George said he often took them to a drive-in movie theatre and had them hide in the trunk to avoid paying for their tickets. George denied owning a drum. He agreed to take a polygraph test, and it came back inconclusive.

George Washington was never officially named a POI nor was he detained in connection with the case due to the fact that all of the evidence against him was purely circumstantial.

When did the neighbors see George burning something in his garage?

If we toss the alleged 8:17am voice mail from Tionda, those girls were probably already gone before Tracy left for work. IF the girls were there, why didn't they answer the 3 calls between 7 and 8am?

The alleged vm sounds like someone trying to manipulate the timeline.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of learning new information from the show and podcasts.

Is George still alive?

Are police investigating this as a no-body murder case?

If we toss the alleged 8:17am voice mail from Tionda, those girls were probably already gone before Tracy left for work. IF the girls were there, why didn't they answer the 3 calls between 7 and 8am?

The alleged vm sounds like someone trying to manipulate the timeline.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of learning new information from the show and podcasts.

Is George still alive?

Are police investigating this as a no-body murder case?
I've been searching for the past couple hours for confirmation in MSM whether LE heard the voicemail or if it was something only allegedly heard by family. I haven't found anything stated in approved MSM. Do we know if this has ever been confirmed by LE? Thanks in advance.

I've been searching for the past couple hours for confirmation in MSM whether LE heard the voicemail or if it was something only allegedly heard by family. I haven't found anything stated in approved MSM. Do we know if this has ever been confirmed by LE? Thanks in advance.
AFAIK LE has never confirmed the voice mail from Tionda.

I’ve been following this for a very long time now. It’s so sad to see it turning into a three ring circus on SM IMO

I never follow SM. Best to ignore it....Too much to sift through for facts instead of fiction.

I don't have Discovery ID so I am having someone record it for me. Idk when I'll get the chance to see it.

I never follow SM. Best to ignore it....Too much to sift through for facts instead of fiction.

I don't have Discovery ID so I am having someone record it for me. Idk when I'll get the chance to see it.
You’re absolutely right. But I’ve been following their great aunt for quite a while to keep up to date with the case

You’re absolutely right. But I’ve been following their great aunt for quite a while to keep up to date with the case

I had been in touch with their great aunt too, but not in a long time.

I know there is information she is aware of which she has kept confidential to protect the integrity of the investigation and possible future charges. I'm sure it's been frustrating as he77 for her to wait so long for answers.

I am not going to be able to see the show tonight. But am looking forward to the discussion here.

Things I recall as unanswered questions.

1) Why drop off two of the siblings, instead of all four if Tracy knew she had to work the following morning?

2) Was Tionda the only sibling enrolled in summer school? Did she have an IEP? Most, if not all students who qualify for ESY (extended school year aka summer school) also qualify for transportation regardless of how close they live to school. Was there an attempt by school transportation to pick her up? She lived on a busy street that would qualify for bussing despite distance from the school.

3) Did the two siblings who were taken to Grandma's the evening before see Tionda and Diamond that day?

4) Did the friends who watched the baseball game with Tracy see Tionda and Diamond during their time at the apartment?

My theory is the sisters didn't see Tionda and Diamond the day they were dropped off at Grandma's. (Nevermind it makes zero sense that George didn't drop Tionda and Diamond off at Grandma's at the same time he dropped Tracy off at work. Especially since Grandma's and Tracy's job were at the same location).

Something happened before Tracy was brought to work. Likely to Diamond who was in bad shape but alive before Tracy was brought to work. George forced Tionda to write the note before taking the girls to an unknown location before harming them to keep them quiet.

George had the entire day to hide the girls, who I believe died as a result of harm from George. He then burned evidence in his garage. Police knew of this early on as it's mentioned they searched and removed evidence from the garage within days of the girls disappearing.

Jmo my theory on what happened.

Bbs with link regarding garage search.

Last edited:
George Washington was allegedly Diamond’s father yet he’s never done a single TV interview or appears at Diamond and Tionda’s vigils. Tracey and George weirdly had more kids together after this. I believe George lives in Indian now.

It's discussed in this article. The mother gave the cellphone to police. The family claims police accidentally erased the voicemail. The police state they never heard a voicemail.

Last edited:
It's discussed in this article. The mother gave the cellphone to police. The family claims police erased the voicemail. The police state they never heard a voicemail.

It was also stated early on that the aunt believed the mother erased the message, not the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back