IL IL - Diamond, 3, & Tionda Bradley, 10, Chicago, 6 Jul 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Calif. Father Says The Picture Is That of His Daughter; Sorry That Image Raised Hopes of Bradley Family

The FBI Saturday night is investigating a California couple who claim that a mysterious picture on the Internet is actually their daughter, not missing Chicago girl Tionda Bradley.

And if they are right, a local private detective says, the case highlights the dangers of the Internet.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/tionda.bradley.diamond.2.715402.html

Awww, how sad for the family. The girl does look just like her father tho. I am sure they will provide all the documentation to prove she is his legal daughter.

I didnt think it looked like her but I sure would have been happy to find out that it was. Now that family is feeling all the pain all over again. I feel so bad for them.

There are still two threads for this case.

Someone asked about merging the threads early on in the other thread and the mods decided against it. Which, imvho, I agree with. Too much off topic on the other thread. :twocents:

So who sent the family the mystery girl's picture with the note "This is your sister Tionda"?

Also, it's strange that they would say "sister", since the person they were sending it to was her aunt and other family members. Sounds like whomever sent it was a little confused on the case details. But, I hope that everyone cooperates and they can figure out for sure if it's her or if it was some kind of prank.

Also, it's strange that they would say "sister", since the person they were sending it to was her aunt and other family members. Sounds like whomever sent it was a little confused on the case details. But, I hope that everyone cooperates and they can figure out for sure if it's her or if it was some kind of prank.

I took "sister" to be the familiar, African American meaning of the word. I think the note actually read "This is yo sistah Tionda," if I recall correctly. Not sister literally, but rather familiarly.

I never read this thread before, but I remembered seeing the names. We had a local morning show here in FL this morning that had something about the case and they interviewed the forensic artist lady who still thinks its Tionda. I think the mystery girls dad was there too, but it was after 9:00 am and I was late for work so I didn't see it. I'll have to see if there is a website for that show. If anyone wants to look, its the "Morning Show with Mike and Juliet" on Fox.

I have read several instances of Tracey not being cooperative. I find it highly suspect that Tracy had a message from Tionda on her phone that she had not listened to. If your daughter was missing don't you think you would have checked your cell phone obsessively to make sure she hadn't called or left a message? Then after it is heard, it mysteriously disappears.
Not to mention you have to really question a mother who leaves her 10 and 3 year old alone while she goes to work.

link: http://www.truecrimediary.com/home/2007/11/bad_news_out_of_chicago_1.html

It is not letting me copy the link I want but this will take you to the site. Click on Archives and then find the story entitled: Every Picture Tells a Story.

Bumping for Tionda and Diamond. Today is the 7th anniversary of the girls being missing.
Prayers their family finds answers.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/23/grace.bradley.sisters/index.html

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Two little girls vanished on a warm summer day from a playground near their home on Chicago's South Side. Seven years have gone by since Tionda Bradley, 10, and her sister Diamond, 3, went missing.

This photo shows what Diamond Bradley might look like today. She would be 10.

1 of 2 The girls were left alone at home on July 6, 2001, while their mother, Tracey Bradley, went to work. Bradley last saw her daughters at 6 a.m., as she kissed each goodbye, leaving them to sleep a little while longer.

She returned at 11 a.m. to find the girls gone and a note in Tionda's writing saying they were going to the store and to play at a nearby school. Bradley searched for her daughters frantically that day. By nightfall, she called police for help.

For weeks, police, family, friends and volunteers combed Chicago by foot, air and boat. Dogs were used. Divers searched the ponds and lakes.

Investigators followed up every tip, and at one point desperate family members consulted well-known psychic Gale St. John. But the girls had disappeared without a trace.

Bumping. Today is the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Tionda and Diamond.
We haven't forgotten you Tionda and Diamond.

Bradley Sisters Missing For 8 Years; Mom Talks

It is still one of the highest profile unsolved missing persons case in the last 10 years. Eight years ago tonight we were learning that two young sisters had disappeared from their home on the south side of Chicago. Diamond and Tionda Bradley haven't been seen since. CBS 2's Pamela Jones talked to the girls' mother Monday.

Tracey Bradley is breaking her silence. For the past two years, she hasn't appeared at vigils for the girls. Today she said it was too difficult for her. But she says eight years has been too long and too painful.

"It's very scary," Bradley said. "I don't even come this way anymore."

She's walking the bridge where she started looking for her daughters, Diamond and Tionda. Tracey Bradley says each step takes her back to that frantic search.

"I was running and crying, just running and crying, running and crying," Bradley said.

Their mother says she hasn't heard from her daughters since they disappeared back on July 6, 2001. But she has heard from critics who accuse her, noting her absence at recent vigils.
Bradley's has a response to the folks who think that perhaps she may know what happened to her daughters: "Common sense would tell them that if they paid attention to the lie detector test, that proves that I didn't have anything to do with my kids being missing."
The reward in the case now stands at $30,000, according to the website FindTiondaandDiamond.com.

The private investigator on the case said within the past six months, they've gotten leads from the southern part of the U.S. though nothing has panned out.

The girls would be 18 and 11 today, and their grandmother says the lack of any evidence to suggest foul play gives them hope.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/bradley.sisters.diamond.2.1074418.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro