GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh I wonder if he ran Jake down to kill him? Maybe thats why the bumper was bloody and a trail of blood. Why in the hell did this man do this to them kids?

Blood on his bumper, all the way in Edward's County - which is what 5-10 miles away? Did this guy hate Jake for some reason? Did he drop him in that field and then chase him down, run him over? Blood on his bumper? Did he tie Jake to his bumper & drag him? Wth? Why? Plus to kill Jessica too? Could this all be over a female?

So senseless. Why?

This is exactly why I could never be a mental therapist bc I'd be way too tempted to knock someone's teeth out and I'm not a violent person.

So senseless. Why?

This is exactly why I could never be a mental therapist bc I'd be way too tempted to knock someone's teeth out and I'm not a violent person.

I still can't believe this. I was sitting on the fence till the very end. I am so shocked. So very sad.

We are hearing both Wayne and Edwards County. Not sure which. Both lie to the north of White County.

The body of Jacob Wheeler was discovered in Wayne County at a rural location early Saturday, September 1st.

Agencies involved in the investigation: White County Sheriff's Department; Illinois State Police; Illinois State Police Crime Scene; Southern Illinois Drug Task Force; Carmi Police Department; Grayville Police Department; Norris City Police Department; Wayne County Sheriff's Department; Edwards County Sheriff's Department; Posey County Sheriff's Department; Illinois Department of Conservation, and the Illinois Department of Transportation.

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Arrest-Made-in-White-County-Killing-168235256.html

I believe the hunting to be an error. Nothings in season as far I know....and coon hunting usually requires a dog; and I don't see Jessi really doing that. Maybe Coston was out poaching again and that alerted or spooked Jacob? IDK...?, but curious to know why Coston ran across them that night after midnight.

Poaching...

I am wondering if this has something to do with Coston's attack, too!

I am so very sad to hear this

I have house guests and can't read back

Could someone please just tell me whether jakes body has been found?

I guess from the title of the thread, they have...

Well this is pretty much what I expected had happened. I'm so sad these two lost their lives, I'm glad that Jacobs name will be clear from speculation now.

My heart goes out to these families. Thank you to the locals for all of your help!

Yesterday one of the articles said they went back out to where Jakes truck was found. Guessing thats when they found the bumper? Im glad they have the perp in custody and Jakes body has been found. I hope today we get a glimpse into what came down last Saturday night and an idea about the motive. I cant imagine what could set someone off that much to commit a crime this violent.

From the press release:

On Friday evidence from the crime scene indicated a second vehicle was involved. Parts from a vehicle which had been wrecked were matched to a vehicle belonging to Danny Coston. Coston was taken to the White County Sheriff's Office for questioning. A confession was given by Danny Coston to the murder of Jessica Evans and Jacob Wheeler.

The body of Jacob Wheeler was discovered in Wayne County at a rural location early Saturday, September 1st.

Wayne County and Edwards County touch each other. It's possible that Coston told authorities he had dumped the body in Edwards County, but he was actually in Wayne County and didn't realize it. It's easy to get turned around out in the country.

Yesterday one of the articles said they went back out to where Jakes truck was found. Guessing thats when they found the bumper? Im glad they have the perp in custody and Jakes body has been found. I hope today we get a glimpse into what came down last Saturday night and an idea about the motive. I cant imagine what could set someone off that much to commit a crime this violent.

The guy who did it looks...normal. Not like a killer. Nor does he look like a meth head. He even looks kind of remorseful in his picture. I'm so curious to know what happened here, and if he has ever been violent before.

My random thoughts....

Respectfully, I think the Meth angle is a bit of a stretch. It seems like I see this proposed in virtually every case I have followed, and inevitably it's something far simpler. And in this case I think it's even more unlikely.

If I were to hazard a GUESS, I think they did stumble into something, and that something was a killer. I suspect he killed them both, drove the truck off the road, then put the guy's body into his own vehicle before driving off with the body. .

Sounds like you nailed it, Chris Texas.

Maybe he was spotlighting deer and they caught him. Still not worth killing someone over...

yeah, people do that all the time up hear (especially coons) and I've never even heard of a big fight...just some yelling about property or hurting animals, but no big thing really--def not something to murder 2 people over.

I thought maybe they had seen him earlier in the night and had an altercation of some sort and he came back later to do the murder---i did notice the task force was involved....maybe meth was a factor after all....methlabs up here (it's very suburban w/ a lot of country) are in the woods...not cars or houses. They usually catch people by the suspect walking in and out of the woods consistently at night. Who knows..I hope they release MO soon!!!

I special thanks to the locals and def. you 88!!! Much appreciated!!!

most people here felt Jake was innocent or were struggling with how the situation looked versus what their instincts were saying

just goes to show we need to listen to that little voice in our gut IMO

also, I think it's interesting the police named Jake a POI - did they suspect differently and were using a smokescreen?

also, that disclosure site stated that Jake had been found shot, then retracted that info so I find it strange that one of Jess's family members thanked them for their 'accuracy' and it's a lesson to myself about not posting info from non-MSM sources

rest peacefully Jacob and Jessica

Was it ever said if Jessi was sexually assaulted?

The drug task force being involved doesn't necessarily mean drugs were involved. Most of the LE groups that were listed as being involved are very small. Some only have 2 or 3 people on them. I'm guessing they called in as many people as possible to help with the search.

I really want to give props to the local LE in this case. Looks like they did a great job. They could have easily gotten tunnel vision and assumed Jacob did it and was on the run, but they kept looking and found the right answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18