GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand supporting a family member......but holding up a "Not Guilty" sign is a little premature in my opinion. I also feel very sorry for that town. I grew up in a small Alabama town where everyone knew everyone and their business, and their kids. My town is not like that anymore as its become more of a suburb to a larger city that has expanded, too. Anyway, the Sheriff obviously knows all the details of what occurred, yet STILL has empathy enough to "pat him reassuringly on the back". I don't know what to think of that. Usually after a heinous crime such as this, there is not much sympathy for the offender, especially by LE. So I wonder what "extenuating circumstances" allow this Sheriff to feel SOMETHING for Danny. After what he did, I'm not sure I could feel anything but contempt and rage at him. But I am curious about it.......anyone else wonder that?

Count 6 is perhaps the most disturbing count.

The count lists that Coston “committed the offense of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault in that he committed an act of sexual penetration (sexual intercourse) by threat of force and personally discharged a firearm during the commission of the offense, which proximately caused the death of Jessica M. Evans.”

Thats the way I understood it. How friggin crazy.

I don't know how the coroner would know that. He must have confessed to it. That is the only thing I can reasonably conclude.

And yes, disturbing...very.

Yes, PZ, I wondered that as well. Could have been the author's perception or ?? I live in a small town too, and, well, sometimes if LE is close to a family it tends to color perceptions.

At least he is not smug and smirking like some perps we have seen...

but, then again, it could be an act.

does anyone think he could have done something like this before... And not been caught?

This is is extreme... It is hard to imagine a guy with traffic violations and poaching record, albeit many, could escalate to this depravity in one night!

I would like to hear from his ex-wife.

He probably left the legion drunk and Peed off that every woman there rejected him and he stumbled upon Jessica and he took the rage out on her.

I understand supporting a family member......but holding up a "Not Guilty" sign is a little premature in my opinion. I also feel very sorry for that town. I grew up in a small Alabama town where everyone knew everyone and their business, and their kids. My town is not like that anymore as its become more of a suburb to a larger city that has expanded, too. Anyway, the Sheriff obviously knows all the details of what occurred, yet STILL has empathy enough to "pat him reassuringly on the back". I don't know what to think of that. Usually after a heinous crime such as this, there is not much sympathy for the offender, especially by LE. So I wonder what "extenuating circumstances" allow this Sheriff to feel SOMETHING for Danny. After what he did, I'm not sure I could feel anything but contempt and rage at him. But I am curious about it.......anyone else wonder that?

Yes...went to school with perp or someone in his family? Kin? Kin by marriage? Played sports with somebody? Hunted together? Bet he doesn't pat all the prisoners. I also wondered early on with all those traffic offenses if alcohol was involved and being overlooked.

How can his family be holding not guilty signs when the man himself confessed to the murders.

IMOO. I think that Coston gave a detailed, minute by minute account of everything that happened that night to LE when he was arrested.
Unless he recants his confession, I will be very surprised if he pleads not guilty.

Question about the execution style shots to Jessi:

If Coston was close to her when he pulled the trigger, wouldn't there have been 3 exit wounds to go with the 3 bullet holes? If he shot her from farther away, wouldn't the bullet lodge inside? I really don't know, that's why I'm asking...

Shotguns spray from a distance. We knew someone that attempted suicide with a shotgun, and they said he missed all his vital organs because it was close up and didn't have room to 'spray'. From a distance, shotguns don't usually leave bullet wounds, they 'spray', (For lack of a more weapon oriented description) That's why some people chose it for hunting, they stand a better chance of hitting their target if they are a lousy shot.

How can his family be holding not guilty signs when the man himself confessed to the murders.

Maybe that is an indication of why he does not respect the law or the lives of others...

Their "boy" does no wrong..

It is everyone else's fault... Or the world's fault!

this is just my take on it.. JMO and MOO

Some drunks don't seem to know when to quit and go home. And they love to drive. Possibly DC was driving and doing some more drinking and spotted them camping/fishing. Being drunk and obnoxious, he invited himself to join them but it wasn't well received. I hope LE will tell us more so I can quit speculating. I have speculated all day on this. Just makes me so sad that these 2 young people had their lives cut short because of an angry, obnoxious drunk.

Luckily DC wasn't in a blackout when he moved Jacob or he wouldn't have been able to tell LE where he put the body.

This whole situation kind of makes you less tolerant of drunks, doesn't it?

Maybe that is an indication of why he does not respect the law or the lives of others...

Their "boy" does no wrong..

It is everyone else's fault... Or the world's fault!

this is just my take on it.. JMO and MOO

The whole bumper/license plate thing kind of blows that whole argument out of the water, doesn't it?

Shotguns spray from a distance. We knew someone that attempted suicide with a shotgun, and they said he missed all his vital organs because it was close up and didn't have room to 'spray'. From a distance, shotguns don't usually leave bullet wounds, they 'spray', (For lack of a more weapon oriented description) That's why some people chose it for hunting, they stand a better chance of hitting their target if they are a lousy shot.

Are you saying you think she was shot with a shotgun?
If he shot her while committing the rape, I would think it was most likely a hand gun.

I love perpwalks. Poor baby looks like he's gonna cry. He can go cry to his new roomies for the next 15 to life.

lol. The best perp walk I ever seen was CA strutting during her perp walk. I thought I could hear "Stayin Alive" in the background.

:sheesh: My computer just ate my message.
I was looking for something when I came to this thread, but I got so wrapped up in what was going on I wouldn't leave. I wanted to see what happened. IIRC, one of you said you didn't do much. But you didn't do anything to hinder the investigation, you all did so much work, and you worked well together. You have reason to be proud of your work.
I'm so sorry it didn't end well for Jake. From the beginning you all knew Jessica didn't make it, but enough of you were hoping Jake would be found alive. I, on the other hand, didn't show up until you knew Jake was dead. I went thru most of the thread yesterday. I'm so sorry this ended badly. You guys were amazing. :goldstar::goldstar::goldstar:

No shotguns involved lol....already been there! I was under the impression earlier that Jake was shot once with a shotgun, turns out it was gunshot and my semi-dyslexia. I think it was said the coroner said it was a "gun shot to the head with a small caliber gun".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123