IL - Jason Harmon, 34, killed in fight with brother, Pekin, 21 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I signed yesterday, illinoismom. I have faith that it will work. There was a killer in our area that was up for parole and they had a petition online. His parole was denied. (His name is Brian McCarthy). Spread the word far and wide. Bless you and your family. Let's pray that justice is served.

Thank you gogrannypop!!!!

I hope youre right and this does work!!

I signed and I really hope this does something. I'm sorry for what happened and what you are going through right now. With this petition you are giving a voice to someone who cannot and that is inspiring. David defeated Goliath and I pray you find some kind of closure.

Thank you ilovemew!!:blowkiss:

(my bold) Now that IS inspiring!!!

I read your story and signed your petition,Good luck my friend If there is any
thing else that can be done please do not hesitate to ask, I think I was 417
My thoughts are with you:blowkiss:

I read your story and signed your petition,Good luck my friend If there is any
thing else that can be done please do not hesitate to ask, I think I was 417
My thoughts are with you:blowkiss:

Thank you 6thcents!!!!:blowkiss:

illinoismom,

I was happy to sign & comment.... #28something.....I applaud your determination & efforts... you are doing right by your sons, the memory of your former husband & for justice in your community! The story, links & petition site have been forwarded to my friends so I expect to pick up a few more signatures. You can see the Websleuth's family is behind your quest; this is a great group of people & a powerful tool when we work together. We will continue to follow the story & pray for your family & justice. Thanks Tricia, JBean & all who've signed.

illinoismom,

I was happy to sign & comment.... #28something.....I applaud your determination & efforts... you are doing right by your sons, the memory of your former husband & for justice in your community! The story, links & petition site have been forwarded to my friends so I expect to pick up a few more signatures. You can see the Websleuth's family is behind your quest; this is a great group of people & a powerful tool when we work together. We will continue to follow the story & pray for your family & justice. Thanks Tricia, JBean & all who've signed.

Thank you noZme!!!!!!!!!!!!:blowkiss:

And thank you for sending it on! I agree that Websleuths is a great group of people.....LOVE U ALL!!!!:woohoo:

Thank you Bobbisangel!!!:blowkiss:

4 years??? really? and I was led to believe he would serve at least half...WOW!:eek:

As far as I know there is nothing myself or my family an do to stop the plea deal. I sure wish there was because I'd do it in a heartbeat!!!

About him looking at himself in the mirror....I dont know how he does either because IMO Robert and Jason looked EXACTLY alike (Robert is about 10 years older than Jason though)....it freaks me out to see him in court thats how much they look alike!!!

It is my understanding that a prisoner will serve one third of their sentence unless it is specified by the judge that they have to serve the whole sentence or a certain number of years of the sentence. They serve one third and get the rest of the sentence off for GOOD BEHAVIOR!

When my daughter's killer was sentenced he got 27 years! The judge said that he had to serve 20 years at the least. To me that is nothing for murdering my baby girl and leaving their 4 yr old without a mother or father.
This guy shot her three times and ran. He was caught in Mexico 8 years later. This was in 1993 and he had to be tried by the 1993 laws. To me, they gave him the gift of being on the run for 8 years and another gift by trying him by the 1993 laws instead of the laws of the year he was caught in. That is our justice system in action. More for the criminal then for the victim. I didn't know much about the judicial system before the murder of my daughter but I sure got my eyes opened. Our Pros wanted to give this killer a plea bargain and I went nose to nose with him. I was furious. I told him that if he did that I would take it to the media, the papers, the radio, etc. It was my granddaughter...my daughter's daughter...who finally made him back down.
Election year was coming up soon and my family and I did everything we could to get this guy out of that office. We preveiled and that was about the only good thing to come out of that whole thing. My oldest daughter went door to door and I wrote letters to the newspaper. The murder of my daughter was well known as things like that don't happen here often.

I hope there is some way that your case can be turned around and this guy has to go to trial or pled guilty and get the sentence he deserves. What about all of us writing to the Pros on this case? The chief of police? The judge? If you can get email addresses or even regular address for those people I for one would be happy to write them. It can't hurt anything.

What about some of your friends in town writing Letters To The Editor in some of the towns newspapers? A lot of people read those.

It is my understanding that a prisoner will serve one third of their sentence unless it is specified by the judge that they have to serve the whole sentence or a certain number of years of the sentence. They serve one third and get the rest of the sentence off for GOOD BEHAVIOR!

When my daughter's killer was sentenced he got 27 years! The judge said that he had to serve 20 years at the least. To me that is nothing for murdering my baby girl and leaving their 4 yr old without a mother or father.
This guy shot her three times and ran. He was caught in Mexico 8 years later. This was in 1993 and he had to be tried by the 1993 laws. To me, they gave him the gift of being on the run for 8 years and another gift by trying him by the 1993 laws instead of the laws of the year he was caught in. That is our justice system in action. More for the criminal then for the victim. I didn't know much about the judicial system before the murder of my daughter but I sure got my eyes opened. Our Pros wanted to give this killer a plea bargain and I went nose to nose with him. I was furious. I told him that if he did that I would take it to the media, the papers, the radio, etc. It was my granddaughter...my daughter's daughter...who finally made him back down.
Election year was coming up soon and my family and I did everything we could to get this guy out of that office. We preveiled and that was about the only good thing to come out of that whole thing. My oldest daughter went door to door and I wrote letters to the newspaper. The murder of my daughter was well known as things like that don't happen here often.

I hope there is some way that your case can be turned around and this guy has to go to trial or pled guilty and get the sentence he deserves. What about all of us writing to the Pros on this case? The chief of police? The judge? If you can get email addresses or even regular address for those people I for one would be happy to write them. It can't hurt anything.

What about some of your friends in town writing Letters To The Editor in some of the towns newspapers? A lot of people read those.

Im so sorry for you loss!:blowkiss:

We have asked that people write the judge but I didnt think about the others u mentioned. My DH is taking me out for supper (I need a break) but when I get back I will get that contact info and post it here.

Thanks again!!!

Hugs,
Angie

Just wanted you to know that I signed the petition. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that the brother is given the full 14 years.

Im so sorry for you loss!:blowkiss:

We have asked that people write the judge but I didnt think about the others u mentioned. My DH is taking me out for supper (I need a break) but when I get back I will get that contact info and post it here.

Thanks again!!!

Hugs,
Angie

Sorry to quote myself but here is the contact info for different people in my city/ county

The states attorney is Stewart Umholtz.
His email is sa@tazewell.com
and the address and phone # to his office is
Tazewell County Courthouse
342 Court Street, Suite 6
Pekin, IL 61554
Phone: 309-477-2205

The prosecutor on the case is Mike Green
his email is mgreen@tazewell.com

The Judge is Richard Grawey I cant find an exact address but Im sure sending it to the courthouse would work with Attn. Judge Richard Grawey wrote on it right?
Tazewell County Courthouse
342 Court Street
Pekin, IL 61554

Chief of Police
Timothy Gillespie
111 S Capitol St
Pekin, Illinois 61554
(309)346-3132
his email is tmgillespie@ci.pekin.il.us

Our mayor is
Rusty Dunn
2109 Mariana Drive
Pekin, IL 61554
309-267-2347
309-477-2300
rldunn@ci.pekin.il.us

I wrote to our attorney general last night thru email.
Her name is Lisa Madigan
there is no email address given but if you go here http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/about/email_ag.jsp theres a contact form to fill out and send.
Also her mailing address and phone # are
Springfield Main Office
500 South Second Street
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-1090

If anyone can think of someone else to contact let me know and i will find it.

I was more than happy to sign your petetion- I wrote a lil note about how he should get the max penalty and hopefully the judge can show your boys that the systen CAN work, and justice will be done in their fathers senseless death- I am proud to have helped you in ANY way!!!

Good Luck :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

I was more than happy to sign your petetion- I wrote a lil note about how he should get the max penalty and hopefully the judge can show your boys that the systen CAN work, and justice will be done in their fathers senseless death- I am proud to have helped you in ANY way!!!

Good Luck :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thank you Chicogirl36!!!!!!!!!!!:blowkiss:

wow 649 signatures so far. Way to go. Hopefully the judge will have enough care to take notice that so many people are watching him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back