Found Deceased IL - Jelani 'JJ' Day, 25, ISU grad student, missed class, Bloomington, 23 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It maybe a conspiracy theory but its still plausable. So I wouldn't discount it. But as far as Jelani's case is concerned anything could have happened as I've mentioned before. A psychotic episode could've occurred like an adverse reaction to the cannabis for the first time and the last time in this case. Not blaming the cannabis store in any manner. Even though they followed regulation according to state and federal law that doesn't mean that an individual won't become ill to the cannabis itself. Jelani could've been helping someone and either an accident happened during the time he was helping that individual/s and a cover up happened by the person/s who got scared. Or it was deliberate. I think Jelani due to his nature as a caring person let an individual/s get close to him who hurt him either because they were jealous of his success or wanted to rob him possibly of what I don't know. Or just for the heck of it because it made them happy to off a decent person because the perp is a peice of s_ _t.
I don’t think smiley face is plausible. Please put that theory to rest. I think jelani did this to himself, and I wish someone would talk. Someone knows something.

I don’t think smiley face is plausible. Please put that theory to rest. I think jelani did this to himself, and I wish someone would talk. Someone knows something.
Someone probably does know something but is too scared to speak up as in a witness.

It maybe a conspiracy theory but its still plausable. So I wouldn't discount it. But as far as Jelani's case is concerned anything could have happened as I've mentioned before. A psychotic episode could've occurred like an adverse reaction to the cannabis for the first time and the last time in this case. Not blaming the cannabis store in any manner. Even though they followed regulation according to state and federal law that doesn't mean that an individual won't become ill to the cannabis itself. Jelani could've been helping someone and either an accident happened during the time he was helping that individual/s and a cover up happened by the person/s who got scared. Or it was deliberate. I think Jelani due to his nature as a caring person let an individual/s get close to him who hurt him either because they were jealous of his success or wanted to rob him possibly of what I don't know. Or just for the heck of it because it made them happy to off a decent person because the perp is a peice of s_ _t.
Someone probably does know something but is too scared to speak up as in a witness.
for sure, especially after how the jelani Facebook page and CBD make accusations after the fact!!!! That’s why I think we will never have an answer. If someone witnessed anything that would provide answers as to jelani’s behavior that day, they immediately become attacked. His teacher, his classmates, the employees at the dispensary, the witness who found the wallet jelani dropped. The list goes on…

Last edited:

for sure, especially after how the jelani Facebook page and CBD make accusations after the fact!!!! That’s why I think we will never have an answer. If someone witnessed anything that would provide answers as to jelani’s behavior that day, the immediately become attacked. His teacher, his classmates, the employees at the dispensary, the witness who found the wallet jelani dropped. The list goes on…
First of all we don't know if it was Jelani who dropped the wallet. Is there proof of that? For me to believe it was Jelani who dropped the wallet I would need physical proof as in video. Even if a witness saying they saw him drop the wallet, I would have have to need some proof that the person was a credible witness. Otherwise its speculation that it was Jelani dropping his wallet. MOO. Its odd to me that everything that was dropped wasn't done in front of CCTV. Meaning that it could be Jelani or perhaps not. Why didn't he drop these things outside of the dispensary around his car in the parking lot.

First of all we don't know if it was Jelani who dropped the wallet. Is there proof of that? For me to believe it was Jelani who dropped the wallet I would need physical proof as in video. Even if a witness saying they saw him drop the wallet, I would have have to need some proof that the person was a credible witness. Otherwise its speculation that it was Jelani dropping his wallet. MOO. Its odd to me that everything that was dropped wasn't done in front of CCTV. Meaning that it could be Jelani or perhaps not. Why didn't he drop these things outside of the dispensary around his car in the parking lot.
U will have to read earlier in the thread where the witness indicated someone that looked like Jelani dropped the wallet. Nothing was missing from the wallet. So, it’s either jelani that dropped the wallet or someone that looked like him. But now the witness can’t talk much due to threats received, so we probably won’t hear anymore. That’s what is so sad…no one can safely come forward with anything.

U will have to read earlier in the thread where the witness indicated someone that looked like Jelani dropped the wallet. Nothing was missing from the wallet. So, it’s either jelani that dropped the wallet or someone that looked like him. But now the witness can’t talk much due to threats received, so we probably won’t hear anymore. That’s what is so sad…no one can safely come forward with anything.
That's right it is sad. We don't know if the witness saw someone who looked like Jelani or if it was in fact Jelani. But I wouldn't lose hope yet though. There are things that can give clues to LE that they still have to investigate (maybe not about the wallet). We also don't really know what the FBI's role is is it actually Behavioural Analysis, or are they saying that and pretend to be LE. Either way they have means that local LE doesn't.

Not even the family seems to agree on everything, either. CBD pushed back on the wild rumors of organ harvesting (fueled by the article series by the Sun-Times columnist), but then JJ's siblings said they weren't sure or couldn't completely rule out that possibility.
I don't know and can't say for sure but I think they are very hurt people and extremely upset. So they are spinning around like tops wildly. And I don't mean that in a bad way just in an empathetic way. The negativity on Social media and well wishers around them even though non intentional has gotten to them and this is their reaction unfortunately. This obviously makes it a challenge for LE but LE has the means to discreetly investigate.

I agree, however when innocent people are being accused of being involved in a death when there is no evidence they are involved in that person's death that is crossing the line. CBD has been vocal on SM about the circumstances regarding her son's death and she could have easily have put out a statement asking people to stop accusing innocent people but she has not.
This stement reminds me of an uncontollable avalanche or a wildly spinning top that has completely let go of its senses due to grief and stress.

I listened to the interview with Dr. Bryant and it really confused me, it's what started the SM rumor that the body found is not JD and the organs were harvested.
He said in the interview he has seen people run over by a truck and in plane crashes who were more easily identifiable than JD (who had been underwater and then resurfaced). I don't understand how this is relevant.
He said he couldn't recognize nor identify the body as CD's son, as if dead bodies recovered from water are officially identified by pathologists based on their appearance and toe tags.
There's a lot of very discriptive links online to body decomposition in fresh water, some with photos, you don't need to be a pathologist to understand it. It's nothing like a body hit by a truck.
I'm not sure of the doctor's background and training, while I found pathologists with his name, he says he's been doing this for 50 years, since 1971, but I cannot find one who has been practicing that long. Unless he is counting from the year he entered medical school which seems an odd thing to exaggerate.
It's all very perplexing, the implication it is not JD's body but someone else who's eyes and organs are missing.
Even though we know nothing was missing and he's been positively identified by both dental records and DNA.
I don't know about the toe tags what he is referring to there, but 11 days in the water only I can kind of see what he means that its unrecognizable. But then again the local person said that in the summer the area smells like sewage. So that could've played havoc with the body. I wonder if this pathologist was aware of the reek from the water and thus the composition?

From the town hall, CBD continues to claim Jelani was murdered because he was taken to Peru, a sundown town.

Wiki defines sundown town below. I'm not finding any credible evidence to cite Peru as the reason why Jelani's manner of death a homicide.

Sundown town - Wikipedia

[..]

In 2019, sociologist Heather O'Connell wrote that sundown towns are "(primarily) a thing of the past",[35] but writer Morgan Jerkins disagreed, saying: "Sundown towns have never gone away."[36] Historian James W. Loewen, author of Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism, notes persisting effects of sundown towns' violently enforced segregation even after they may have been integrated to a small degree, a phenomenon he calls "second-generation sundown towns."[36] For example, Ferguson, MO was a sundown town from 1940 to 1960, but now has a 67% black population and is no longer a sundown town. However, it could be classified as a "second-generation sundown town" because it has a largely white police force that practices blatant racial profiling, also known as "DWB policing."[37]
"One comment left on the Tougaloo sundown town registry said that the town blew a whistle every day when the sun was setting. Another said that signs were originally posted in the city using racial slurs and telling Black passer-by "don't let the sun set on you." Due to this history, Bolden Day and Crump reject the previous claims that her son had committed suicide.
"Carmen and her family reject the innuendo that he committed suicide," Crump said. "People ask me where the evidence is that he was murdered, and I say, 'You don't have any evidence he killed himself.'"

"Day was a graduate student at Illinois State University at the time of his death. He was studying for his Ph.D. in speech pathology with dreams of becoming a doctor. Crump said that it made no sense that he would want to commit suicide, as he was well-liked by peers and teachers and could afford his education.

"You look at this young Black man who did everything right," Crump said, "and yet, you are trying to find excuses for why he could have killed himself."

Sorry to say, but this article is very poorly written. Read the bolded comments and the actual quotes. I know many believe that Crump has an agenda, but this author is quite biased and her words are misleading. She is paraphrasing and presenting information to make Jelani's family and lawyer sound absurd.

Crump's point was simply that there is no evidence of suicide or murder so both angles should be thoroughly investigated. He states that rather than finding evidence that supports suicide, many are looking for excuses to call it suicide, and most is based on speculation. I think that's a sane line of reasoning, but the way the author presents it makes him look clueless.

Sadly, Jelani's death may just be nearly impossible to solve, no matter how thorough the investigation. Important pieces of the puzzle are missing even though LE and Jelani's family almost surely have that info -- like what was that meeting with the professor regarding and why did he choose to skip it and buy marijuana instead? How was he doing that semester? What was his history with marijuana and/or other drugs? The fact that no one in the media ever asks these questions -- or more likely, that MSM has asked and never received any answers to these questions -- is what leans me in the direction of suicide more than any other speculation. Very weird that LE hasn't released any of this info. Understandable if family doesn't want the info released because they are worried it may push even more people into the suicide camp.

While I do not blame the family in their time of immense grief and I empathize with their pain and anguish, I do worry about who is starting what appear to be unfounded rumors regarding people like the unnamed ISU professor. Throwing out some vague statement implicating someone without any evidence to back it up and without reporting it to LE is 100% wrong. I find it hard to believe the family or lawyer is doing this and suspect it is perhaps friends of the family or maybe even just strangers who are upset about the case.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the the semester just started so how could he be in over his head with schoolwork at that time. Missing meeting with the clinical director is something that he shouldn't have done. The meeting could have been benign, nothing of significance in his mind, however that doesn't look good for him overall in terms of his committment to the program. At the same time however this could be a clue also as he was dressed in the morning in dress attire, I've never come accross exactly what time his meeting was with the clinical director. If the meeting was say a short one and at 11:30 AM for example, then he would have enough time to go to the dispensary smoke the cannibis, come back get to his meeting then go to class at 1:00PM.

It was recently repeated at the Press Conference on 12/3 that JD's body was found naked which conflicts with the autopsy report that JD was recovered wearing a tank top t-shirt, underwear, and a black sweatshirt tied around his waist. The same report corraborates that CBD was told on 9/5 that the body recovered was that of a Black male - most likely her son but positive identification could take weeks. I think the fact that the coroner provided as early as 9/5 that the body was a Black male was significant then and now because it directly relates to why publicity for the missing student dropped off after 9/5 when authorities believed JD had been recovered, pending positive identification. His vehicle had already been located within 3 miles of the body.
What, on a hot day Jelani was wearing a sweatshirt tied around his waist? Why? How tight was this sweatshirt tied around him? After 11 days it didn't come off? It must have been very tightly wrapped maybe to the point of asphyxiation. Why didn't it come off? When I wear something like that I have to be careful that it doesn't slip off unless its fastened real good. If he was in a tank top and shorts then why wear a sweatshirt on a hot day. Odd.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the the semester just started so how could he be in over his head with schoolwork at that time. Missing meeting with the clinical director is something that he shouldn't have done. The meeting could have been benign, nothing of significance in his mind, however that doesn't look good for him overall in terms of his committment to the program. At the same time however this could be a clue also as he was dressed in the morning in dress attire, I've never come accross exactly what time his meeting was with the clinical director. If the meeting was say a short one and at 11:30 AM for example, then he would have enough time to go to the dispensary smoke the cannibis, come back get to his meeting then go to class at 1:00PM.

JJ's first semester would be two grad classes + one lab. The classes offered for Fall 2021 were CSD 402 (Tu/Thurs, 1:00-2:40) and CSD 406 (Mon/Wed, 1:00-2:15). The lab, CSD 408a30, requires the consent of the clinical director to enroll. i can't locate the Fall 2021 course catalog at the moment (only Winter 2021 and Spring 2022 are available) but it's based on what i found Speech Language Pathology Masters | Illinois State University and Communication Sciences and Disorders | Course Finder | Illinois State

Anyway, so I speculated that he was supposed to meet the director at that time to get the consent to enroll in that course.

JJ's first semester would be two grad classes + one lab. The classes offered for Fall 2021 were CSD 402 (Tu/Thurs, 1:00-2:40) and CSD 406 (Mon/Wed, 1:00-2:15). The lab, CSD 408a30, requires the consent of the clinical director to enroll. i can't locate the Fall 2021 course catalog at the moment (only Winter 2021 and Spring 2022 are available) but it's based on what i found Speech Language Pathology Masters | Illinois State University and Communication Sciences and Disorders | Course Finder | Illinois State

Anyway, so I speculated that he was supposed to meet the director at that time to get the consent to enroll in that course.
Right thanks for this it gives a timeline sort of for his day. But the director said the meeting was in the morning so my speculation is that it was to happen after the dispensary visit. That would give him time to change back into his dress clothes for the rest of his day and smoke his cannabis that he bought from the dispensary that morning.

I've never come across exactly what time his meeting was with the clinical director. If the meeting was say a short one and at 11:30 AM for example, then he would have enough time to go to the dispensary smoke the cannabis, come back get to his meeting then go to class at 1:00PM.

Yes, it's crazy that the time of the meeting was never released. Just opened the door for more wild speculations... Very frustrating!

He was in over his head since he hadn’t been in school for a few years. Have u started higher education after taking a few years off after getting a bachelors Degree? If not, then I can assure u it’s intense. And then he had a high speed speeding ticket a few days before that no one is talking about. I think we would get a lot further in this investigation if the family and friends would start talking. CBD has an agenda here, regardless whether she is hurting or not…obviously she is hurting. But she is causing this investigation to fail by her actions. I have never seen a case where a parent negatively impacted an investigation like this one.

He was in over his head since he hadn’t been in school for a few years. Have u started higher education after taking a few years off after getting a bachelors Degree? If not, then I can assure u it’s intense. And then he had a high speed speeding ticket a few days before that no one is talking about. I think we would get a lot further in this investigation if the family and friends would start talking. CBD has an agenda here, regardless whether she is hurting or not…obviously she is hurting. But she is causing this investigation to fail by her actions. I have never seen a case where a parent negatively impacted an investigation like this one.
I totally agree.

What, on a hot day Jelani was wearing a sweatshirt tied around his waist? Why? How tight was this sweatshirt tied around him? After 11 days it didn't come off? It must have been very tightly wrapped maybe to the point of asphyxiation. Why didn't it come off? When I wear something like that I have to be careful that it doesn't slip off unless its fastened real good. If he was in a tank top and shorts then why wear a sweatshirt on a hot day. Odd.
Depends on his personal style and physique. I would think it would be tied around his waist not his neck.
I think there are huge puzzle pieces missing from the narrative leading up to his disappearance.
JMO

Even without a gap, entering a selective graduate program could be intense. The program he was entering sounds vastly different than undergrad life.

It amazes me that we still don’t know:

How Jelani was doing in school

Sexual orientation of Jelani

Prior drug usage of Jelani

Whether Jelani was working up until the point of entering the Grad program

The circumstances of his speeding tickets

Mental health of Jelani (mental health red flags)

Whether he really was starting a clothing line

what his financial situation was

Etc etc etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member