GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the possible POI would created a diversion such as this, IMO it ends up pointing the finger right back at him.

Someone on that thread who works at Camryn also stated that she was soon to be interviewing for another job. Think she was going to be leaving the area?

I'm not sure the rules on what we can and can't use for source...however, based on the above I presume a FB contact's report is sufficient?

I have an inside FB contact made from the findkatrina page who gave me some scoop that was confirmed by another FB poster within a private page. Let me know if I can post it... it is spicey. :what: MOO

So I'm reading the thread on the local news stations FB and someone mentioned that there was a mass email to Camryn employees telling them to not call the Winnebago authories regarding the Katrina Smith case.

How can a company get off on telling employees not to cooperate or call in tips in a missing person case.

No, he clarified. They were told not to call LE and ask questions (about the flyer), LE is already aware of that situation. If they have info on Katrina, they are certainly free to report it to LE.
He also said a "mass call was made to employees", not an email.

No, he clarified. They were told not to call about the flyer, LE is already aware of that situation. If they have info on Katrina, they are certainly free to report it to LE.

So the guy clarified after being backed into the corner about it? Hard to confirm that what he said the second time was what he actually meant. His first statement is that they were told not to contact LE about the case.

Clarified nevertheless. Who knows if the guy is blowing smoke, I can see the Company wanting to keep the flyer issue quiet.

God bless this soldier and his family.

“We’re just trying to get as many people out there as possible to show support for us,” said Smith’s brother, Chad Kaltved, 38, a member of the U.S. Army’s special operations who is on leave and is heading up community search efforts.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x2053817075/Prayer-vigil-Thursday-for-missing-Machesney-Park-woman

He also said this, but we don't know exactly when:

Kaltved said, “The family is still standing by Todd.”

I agree, very strange. Generally a shift supervisor is a responsible person with good judgement. In addition, 750 told us she only recently started working there.

I don't totally discount this happened, maybe it's partially true. I'll wait to see what the reporter comes up with.

Maybe the alleged hateful flyers had to do with Todd and his 2011 scam? Maybe they found out about Todd after employing Katrina and now were suspicious of her too, and thought they had to warn other employees.

It's weird nonetheless.

Moo.

I am aware of that document. Since we aren't supposed to be sleuthing this guy, I won't say anymore right now except to say that I don't think the person who posted about the press conference is the same person that is listed in the insurance suit. Thus, I'm trying to figure out who announced the press conference.

There are 3 boys in the family. It is a blended family. Todd is oldest, boy in fire youngest (out of state) and middle brother who announced press conf.

Boy in fire initials JR. Middle boy is Dayne. The one who announced press conf.

Hi!
I've been following this thread for a while but was waiting to be able to officially post :)

I live just around the corner from where Katrina's car was found. They've been searching for her or clues around our neighborhood for over a week now. There were a few things I wanted to clarify regarding the area.

Our neighborhood (including the area where Katrina was shopping) is a nicer area of Rockford. Our neighbors are all retired, we are one of the few that have children. I wouldn't hesitate to go out at 9 p.m. if I had errands to run.

The intersection of Obispo and Ventura is not a busy area. My husband drove by there on his way home on the night Katrina's car was found. He says he's not 100% sure, but he believes the car was on OBISPO on the north side of the road (the side by the woods). Obispo is a very quiet street.

However, depending on where her 2nd errand took her, she could have gone somewhere else besides that shopping area. Once I went for groceries on the far east side of town, and ended up having someone follow me home and around our neighborhood for a while until I drove to the police station (they didn't follow me there!)

As mentioned, the Rock River is very near to the intersection where they found Katrina's car. However, it has houses that run along that whole area, and I can't think of anywhere near where there would be a public dock or boat launch, or even anything open. The nearest public area that I can think of would be at Atwood Park which is northwest on the other side of the river. There's a very secluded park there with open access to the river and woods.

Just some thoughts. I hope they find Katrina soon, as I can't imagine how horrible this must be for the family.

Hi!
I've been following this thread for a while but was waiting to be able to officially post :)

I live just around the corner from where Katrina's car was found. They've been searching for her or clues around our neighborhood for over a week now. There were a few things I wanted to clarify regarding the area.

Our neighborhood (including the area where Katrina was shopping) is a nicer area of Rockford. Our neighbors are all retired, we are one of the few that have children. I wouldn't hesitate to go out at 9 p.m. if I had errands to run.

The intersection of Obispo and Ventura is not a busy area. My husband drove by there on his way home on the night Katrina's car was found. He says he's not 100% sure, but he believes the car was on OBISPO on the north side of the road (the side by the woods). Obispo is a very quiet street.

However, depending on where her 2nd errand took her, she could have gone somewhere else besides that shopping area. Once I went for groceries on the far east side of town, and ended up having someone follow me home and around our neighborhood for a while until I drove to the police station (they didn't follow me there!)

As mentioned, the Rock River is very near to the intersection where they found Katrina's car. However, it has houses that run along that whole area, and I can't think of anywhere near where there would be a public dock or boat launch, or even anything open. The nearest public area that I can think of would be at Atwood Park which is northwest on the other side of the river. There's a very secluded park there with open access to the river and woods.

Just some thoughts. I hope they find Katrina soon, as I can't imagine how horrible this must be for the family.

Welcome to WS and thanks for the local input regarding the area.

Hi!

Welcome to Websleuths, alandr! Thank you for such a great first post!

:welcome6:

Glad to see a new member who is local. Welcome. Sorry that you have come here due to such unsettling stuff. Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

I have been away most of today. It sure has been quiet on this thread. I guess there's no news as the family focuses on the evening event.

No, he clarified. They were told not to call LE and ask questions (about the flyer), LE is already aware of that situation. If they have info on Katrina, they are certainly free to report it to LE.
He also said a "mass call was made to employees", not an email.
I'm wondering if it was Todd who put the flyer out on the cars. Perhaps they were having marital difficulties, and he wanted to get Katrina fired in order for her to be financially dependent on him.

That is exactly what I think happened. And I think it was him who called in the media regarding the story but changing the part of the person handing out the fliers from a masked man to a shift supervisor.

I don't think the husband is behind the flyer issue. I would hope most supervisors would be far above something like the negative flyer distribution, but think about it - haven't we all worked for or known someone in our lives who is a supervisor and thought "How did that moron get to be a supervisor?" It happens.
I think it is easy to point fingers at Todd right now and create a lot of theories, but I just don't see it. I am not saying he is for certain not involved with his wife's disappearance. However, no one can say he is for certain involved either - with the disappearance, flyers, whatever. JMO.

The news station retracted the story, saying it wasn't a shift supervisor it was a masked man.

The news station retracted the story, saying it wasn't a shift supervisor it was a masked man.

That makes more sense. Any shift supervisor thAt was placing flyers on windshields, badmouthing an employee, would have been immediately fired. I cannot see them keeping their job. And we would have heard who it was by now, if so.

I think it keeps coming back to the husband. I think she was trying to break away. And she came to the house for some reason that night. Maybe to get some winter clothes from the closet or something like that. And it angered him because he wanted her to return home. And maybe she let it slip that she had no plans to move back in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie